• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump attacks 'filthy' Red Hen, the Virginia restaurant that asked Sarah Sanders to leave

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...t-asked-press-secretary-sarah-sanders-n886241

According to its most recent state health inspection in February, the Red Hen restaurant had zero violations.
======================================
I don't think The Donald has enough to do.

He didn't say the restaurant is dirty inside. What he said is that he assumes a restaurant to be dirty inside if it is dirty outside. Take a closer look at the building. Canopy is dirty, the foundation needs some repair, the windows are old style and in need of a paint job.
However, Trump should concern himself with more important things and let this play out.

Looking at the pictures -- it appears to e factual -- but I'm not sure he needed to say it.

As his Press Secretary, Trump could reasonably be expected to mention the incident, but he probably didn't have to go into how badly the exterior looked.

The Red Hen is done for anyway -- the owner will never be able to open her doors again and not be harassed by customers or by anyone else. She had her moment of glory and now she's going to pay the price. What is the old saying -- pride goeth before a fall?" I don't think she'll ever forget this life lesson.

But -- the outside of the Red Hen is kind of shabby.

I am hoping that they will continue doing business. Another saying...there's a lid for every pot. While some customers may avoid the establishment, other may support it. Hey, may be if they sell anti ICE Tshirts as souvenirs, they can make up for the difference. Consumer's choice. Just like ChickfilA, if the customers like the food, they will come. If not...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...t-asked-press-secretary-sarah-sanders-n886241

According to its most recent state health inspection in February, the Red Hen restaurant had zero violations.
======================================
I don't think The Donald has enough to do.

I may not agree with what the owner did to Sanders, but the POTUS singling out a small place of business in such a manner? Messed up.

Especially when Red Hen got this

Inspection report

And Trump's pride and joy got this

Mar-a-Lago cited for 15 health violations - Orlando Sentinel

Would you rather have a meal at a place with a dirty outdoor awning (or one that needed replacing) or a place that did not handle it's food properly - even though you were paying loads of money to eat there?

How is that even a relevant question?

1. You do not know who chose the restaurant.
2. And if it occurred at night why would you think they would notice the exterior filth?

My god, the excuses...

Why would you be getting so butthurt at a filthy dive turning her away?

My god, the excuses...

So besides asking an irrelevant question you double down with dishonesty. Figures.

This thread is freaking pathetic. We're debating what a restaurant looks like on the outside. Because Trump had to involve himself in a non-issue because of "butthurt by proxy." And the faithful are coming out in droves to faithfully parrot what their master said.

The fact is Sanders really wanted to eat here - apparently badly enough that she had to involve the leader of the free world. The fact that this kind of denial of service follows policy of the administration. I guess we know now that it's not about any business owner's freedom, just irrational hate for gays.

So besides asking an irrelevant question you double down with dishonesty. Figures.

I think it's a relevant question - why do you care? Because Trump told you to?

It's almost predictable how he will respond depending on the target. Restaurant...filthy. Newspaper...failing. Comedian... unfunny. TV show...low ratings. And so it goes....

He's just a living troll. Just like all the trolls here are predictable, so is his response to everything. Deflections and projections

Meh...this is all much ado. The Red Hen made their stand...their right to do so. Because of their hatred, and the hated promoted by Auntie Maxinne, others will and are 'pushing back'. Cant see how anyone that cheered on the stupidity of the owners can be anything but supportive of the resulting after affects. Choice...consequence.

Those who cheered on bakers who won't bake a cake for gays should be cheering. This is EXACTLY what they wanted.

And now you care because Trump.

So you are unable to follow also. Figures.

Let me help you follow since it doesn't appear you can.

Then why did Sarah Sanders want to eat there?

2. And if it occurred at night why would you think they would notice the exterior filth?
My god, the excuses...

Your current reply is stupid given the exchange and is as irrelevant as your first dumb question.

You were asked how your question was relevant, especially given the things you do not know. You failed to answer and instead deflected with dishonesty about excuses and butthurtness.

So in reply I point out that besides your (first) irrelevant question, you double down with more dishonesty (claim of butthurtness and additional question).

You have yet to make a valid reply.

Those who cheered on bakers who won't bake a cake for gays should be cheering. This is EXACTLY what they wanted.

And now you care because Trump.
Wrong as usual and just more dishonesty.
This restaurant incident has not a damn thing to do with the religious argument presented in the other.

Would you rather eat at a place with a dirty awning (or window) with a perfect health department rating or a very expensive place that has many health department violations?

For the record, I think turning away Sarah Sanders was stupid.

Would you rather eat at a place with a dirty awning (or window) with a perfect health department rating or a very expensive place that has many health department violations?

That is all that needs to be said.

Naw...how about answering the question.

I will. A dirty awning ….who cares.

Meat not being kept at the right temp, rust build up, fish not checked for parasites? Ewww…..that is all that needs to be said.

iLOL
I have no need to answer irrelevant questions.
It is completely relevant, which is why you will not answer.

Trump commenting on a dirty awning when his own very pricey establishment has to be pushed to maintain minimum safe standard. Seems pretty damned relevant.

It is completely relevant, which is why you will not answer.
Wrong as usual.
What I, you, or anyone else would do, is irrelevant.

Trump commenting on a dirty awning when his own very pricey establishment has to be pushed to maintain minimum safe standard. Seems pretty damned relevant.
Whataboutism is not relevant either.

Wrong as usual.
What I, you, or anyone else would do, is irrelevant.

Whataboutism is not relevant either.

I am pretty on point. You were asked a simple question about dining about a place with a awning that was either dirty or needed replacing (but had a 100 percent score from health department) and a very expensive place that had multiple (13 or 15 ) health code violations.

Trump called out a single place of business and questioned their cleanliness. So a simple question would be which is more important. A brand spanking new looking exterior or clean sanitary conditions inside that are up to the health codes? One gets you in the door faster, but could make you very ill......the other to some might be less appealing but would keep you safe.

It is perfectly pertinent. You just don't want to look foolish if you chose to answer honestly.

I am pretty on point. You were asked a simple question about dining about a place with a awning that was either dirty or needed replacing (but had a 100 percent score from health department) and a very expensive place that had multiple (13 or 15 ) health code violations.

Trump called out a single place of business and questioned their cleanliness. So a simple question would be which is more important. A brand spanking new looking exterior or clean sanitary conditions inside that are up to the health codes? One gets you in the door faster, but could make you very ill......the other to some might be less appealing but would keep you safe.

It is perfectly pertinent. You just don't want to look foolish if you chose to answer honestly.
No you are not on point and what I, you, or anyone else would do is irrelevant.
That you do not understand this, or that your whataboutism is also irrelevant, is your problem, not mine.

Restaurant inspection findings and violations in Washington DC. Food safety and Restaurant Scores

13-15 violations is not unusual in the restaurant business just as an FYI

i gave you the washington DC violations as a guide....

some places have 60-100....

depends on inspector and how picky they are being....

the key is the re inspection...and whether or not the violations were fixed or conditions have improved

that tells you whether or not management cares about the health of staff and customers

I may not agree with what the owner did to Sanders, but the POTUS singling out a small place of business in such a manner? Messed up.

Especially when Red Hen got this

Inspection report

And Trump's pride and joy got this

Mar-a-Lago cited for 15 health violations - Orlando Sentinel

Would you rather have a meal at a place with a dirty outdoor awning (or one that needed replacing) or a place that did not handle it's food properly - even though you were paying loads of money to eat there?

The owner brought this all on herself. Not only did she refuse to a person with differing political opinion, but then doubled down by following the remainder of the party around carrying on her rant.

I'm not working up any sympathy for the owner.

I am hoping that they will continue doing business. Another saying...there's a lid for every pot. While some customers may avoid the establishment, other may support it. Hey, may be if they sell anti ICE Tshirts as souvenirs, they can make up for the difference. Consumer's choice. Just like ChickfilA, if the customers like the food, they will come. If not...

I really don't think the woman will be in business very much longer. She may open back up -- but I bet she sells within a few months or closes her doors for good.

I think the harassment she's taken over this is pretty harsh, but what she did was also harsh and karma has a way of coming back and biting folks in the rear end.

Wrong as usual and just more dishonesty.
This restaurant incident has not a damn thing to do with the religious argument presented in the other.

For some, politics is a religion. Look at the cult-like following some politicians attract.

Anybody who holds an affinity for "Thou shalt not bear false witness" has a religious reason to not like Sanders. You're just sore because what you thought was a cudgel to beat back gays has been reversed.

Back
Top Bottom