• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump and minions hiding Bolton revelations from GOP senators

Ah, the famous veritas1 "clearness" test.

So talk to the GOP. Why did they let it slide, if it was so clear? They were running Congress in 2015, as I recall.

They just asleep at the switch or something?

I imagine they had more important matters to attend to unlike maniacal Trump haters. True justice would have had Biden on trial long ago for his lengthy career of corruption.

When Obama bought a sandwich, he threatened to withhold his funds until a specific action was taken. That's also the textbook definition of a quid pro quo. Where were all the whining democrats then? Huh???!~! THEY DID NOT CARE ABOUT THAT QPQ!! THEREFORE ALL QPQs are the SAME AND IF ONE IS BAD THEY ALL ARE!! TRUMP IS INNOCENT!!

First off, Trump exercised no quid pro quo. Zelensky has never once said that he was pressured to do anything at the threat of withholding aid. The phone call certainly doesn't show that in the least. Secondly, no, not all QPQ's are equal. Biden's was particularly blatant and corrupt. The Ukranian regime was corrupt and up to its eyeballs in dirty deals. So, why insist that one prosecutor be removed who just happens to be looking into Burisma? How did that further US interests? It didn't. It furthered Joe Biden's interest and Obama tainted himself by lending his support to it.

It's amazing that talking point apparently works for right wingers. It's also a little frightening to be honest.

It's not a talking point. It's an established fact openly admitted to by Biden. Is there anything this crook does that you won't excuse? How about the $1.5B housing contract in Iraq that benefited his brother? All on the level, I'm sure.:roll:

First off, Trump exercised no quid pro quo. Zelensky has never once said that he was pressured to do anything at the threat of withholding aid. The phone call certainly doesn't show that in the least. Secondly, no, not all QPQ's are equal. Biden's was particularly blatant and corrupt. The Ukranian regime was corrupt and up to its eyeballs in dirty deals. So, why insist that one prosecutor be removed who just happens to be looking into Burisma? How did that further US interests? It didn't. It furthered Joe Biden's interest and Obama tainted himself by lending his support to it.

Well, everyone on the ground believed it was a quid pro quo, announce investigations for WH meeting and aid, so there's that.

And Joe Biden's deal wasn't just Joe Biden. He was advancing the foreign policy goals of the U.S., UK, and the IMF and all of Europe. And the guy who was being targeted, Shokin, wasn't "one prosecutor" but the equivalent of our Attorney General, and conflating Barr with one of hundreds or thousands of federal prosecutors, both career and appointed, is the kind of dishonesty we've come to expect from this argument. And the reason the ENTIRE WESTERN WORLD along with much of Ukraine not a corrupt oligarch or kissing their asses wanted Shokin gone is the country's justice system was rotten from the very top, and with Shokin in office at the top, there was no chance at actual reform.

Do X and you'll get Y. That's what Biden openly admitted he told Ukraine. That's a quid pro quo. Covering your eyes and ears changes nothing.

Fix my plumbing and I'll give you money. Also quid pro quo, or literally, this for that. Who do you think this idiotic talking point convinces, except other idiots?

Well, everyone on the ground believed it was a quid pro quo, announce investigations for WH meeting and aid, so there's that.

And Joe Biden's deal wasn't just Joe Biden. He was advancing the foreign policy goals of the U.S., UK, and the IMF and all of Europe. And the guy who was being targeted, Shokin, wasn't "one prosecutor" but the equivalent of our Attorney General, and conflating Barr with one of hundreds or thousands of federal prosecutors, both career and appointed, is the kind of dishonesty we've come to expect from this argument. And the reason the ENTIRE WESTERN WORLD along with much of Ukraine not a corrupt oligarch or kissing their asses wanted Shokin gone is the country's justice system was rotten from the very top, and with Shokin in office at the top, there was no chance at actual reform.

There was no chance at reform, period. Poroshenko was totally corrupt so getting rid of Shokin didn't accomplish much of anything as long as he was president. If this was a one-off, it might be slightly easier, but not easy, to give Biden a pass but when you see the repeated pattern of making deals which enrich his family, it is almost impossible to overlook this episode, especially with no experience Hunter getting paid big money by a corrupt oil company.

Fix my plumbing and I'll give you money. Also quid pro quo, or literally, this for that. Who do you think this idiotic talking point convinces, except other idiots?

You mean to tell me you see no distinction between offering a retail service in the private sector and the VPOTUS withholding loan guarantees to a foreign country on the proviso that a prosecutor be fired? Are you seriously telling me that? If you're somehow outraged about Trump's nebulous phone call, how can you not be about Biden's openly admitted extortion? That's quite a feat.

There was no chance at reform, period. Poroshenko was totally corrupt so getting rid of Shokin didn't accomplish much of anything as long as he was president. If this was a one-off, it might be slightly easier, but not easy, to give Biden a pass but when you see the repeated pattern of making deals which enrich his family, it is almost impossible to overlook this episode, especially with no experience Hunter getting paid big money by a corrupt oil company.

Just as I figured, you ignored virtually my entire post to repeat your stupid talking points... :roll:

You mean to tell me you see no distinction between offering a retail service in the private sector and the VPOTUS withholding loan guarantees to a foreign country on the proviso that a prosecutor be fired? Are you seriously telling me that? If you're somehow outraged about Trump's nebulous phone call, how can you not be about Biden's openly admitted extortion? That's quite a feat.

MOM HE DID IT TOO/FIRST!!!

You're a fountain of stupid arguments on this thread.

Just as I figured, you ignored virtually my entire post to repeat your stupid talking points... :roll:

Your post was just another rehash of the breathless claim that getting rid of Shokin was somehow instrumental to fixing the Ukraine or advancing US policy when it was no such thing. It accomplished nothing except to solidify Hunter's sinecure. Oh, and pointing out facts such as the rot in Ukraine at the top is not a "talking point". It is a fact, something you guys feverishly avoid whenever possible.

MOM HE DID IT TOO/FIRST!!!

You're a fountain of stupid arguments on this thread.

I asked you a question based on your previous silly post comparing a plumber with the VPOTUS. You're either incapable of answering or too embarrassed to answer. So is a guy offering plumbing services equivalent to the VPOTUS strong arming another government? I can't wait for you to tell me how it is.

I asked you a question based on your previous silly post comparing a plumber with the VPOTUS. You're either incapable of answering or too embarrassed to answer. So is a guy offering plumbing services equivalent to the VPOTUS strong arming another government? I can't wait for you to tell me how it is.

LOL. I'm not obligated to engage your BS, and my decision not to isn't because I can't or am too embarrassed, but that I don't care enough to respond. We've been through all this on 100 previous threads.

LOL. I'm not obligated to engage your BS, and my decision not to isn't because I can't or am too embarrassed, but that I don't care enough to respond. We've been through all this on 100 previous threads.

Yet, you constantly respond to my posts uninvited. Then when I challenge your claims, you come out with this type of nonsense. Just save yourself the trouble and don't respond at all and it'll save us both time.

Do X and you'll get Y. That's what Biden openly admitted he told Ukraine. That's a quid pro quo. Covering your eyes and ears changes nothing.

Falsum/mendacium non veritas

Back
Top Bottom