• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump and minions hiding Bolton revelations from GOP senators

Biden gave you all the details, publicly. Go find the video of him running his trap.

Was Trump bluffing?

Did Biden illegally withhold aid for many weeks?

These are not the same circumstances.

If you don't have anything intelligent to say, it's best for you not to post at all.

You wrote
Obama/Biden threatened to hold up funds to Ukraine until a specific action was taken. That's the textbook definition of a quid pro quo. Where were all these whining Democrats then?

If you can't back up your claims then- it's best for you not to post at all

Let Bolton testify. He cannot say anything which will change the fact that Trump lawyers proved on the floor of the Senate today that democrats lied more than 400 times in their opening remarks by dishonestly defending the Biden's by lying about their crooked involvement with a crooked Ukrainian oligarch.

Thank goodness other people are guilty too, so I never need to worry about justice being enforced for my own crimes! Phew!

That's the logic you are trying to apply.

If you have a charge for Bolton, hang him with it. But let's not pretend that's more than a distraction from Trump's behavior.

Obama/Biden threatened to hold up funds to Ukraine until a specific action was taken. That's the textbook definition of a quid pro quo. Where were all these whining Democrats then?

Inorite?

And Obama did it right out in the open, publicly, with the IMF and Great Britain as co-conspirators!

Was Trump bluffing?

Did Biden illegally withhold aid for many weeks?

These are not the same circumstances.

A quid pro quo doesn't take weeks. It takes but a moment and Biden/Obama clearly employed one. As for Trump, he nowhere told Zelensky that he was withholding anything.

You wrote

If you can't back up your claims then- it's best for you not to post at all

Are you suggesting that Biden didn't threaten to withhold the loan guarantees from Ukraine even though he publicly told us he did? Really?

A quid pro quo doesn't take weeks. It takes but a moment and Biden/Obama clearly employed one. As for Trump, he nowhere told Zelensky that he was withholding anything.

Ah, the famous veritas1 "clearness" test.

So talk to the GOP. Why did they let it slide, if it was so clear? They were running Congress in 2015, as I recall.

They just asleep at the switch or something?

Falsum, mendacium.

When Obama bought a sandwich, he threatened to withhold his funds until a specific action was taken. That's also the textbook definition of a quid pro quo. Where were all the whining democrats then? Huh???!~! THEY DID NOT CARE ABOUT THAT QPQ!! THEREFORE ALL QPQs are the SAME AND IF ONE IS BAD THEY ALL ARE!! TRUMP IS INNOCENT!!

It's amazing that talking point apparently works for right wingers. It's also a little frightening to be honest.

Now, that is veritas.

Thank goodness other people are guilty too, so I never need to worry about justice being enforced for my own crimes! Phew!

That's the logic you are trying to apply.

If you have a charge for Bolton, hang him with it. But let's not pretend that's more than a distraction from Trump's behavior.

Trump asked Zelenski to aid American investigators looking into rumors about Biden corruption in Ukraine. He had every right and responsibility to do so after so many American newspapers just that week had made damaging claims about the Bidens' connections to Burisma. Democrats prove their impeachment scam amounts in part to a massive attempt to cover up Biden corruption in Ukraine.

The whole manner in which Trump and his keystone kops team has handled the Bolton revelations is comical. Trump pulling a version of the "I don't know him" defense with regard to Bolton.
A) I never talked to him about this issue
B) I have not seen the manuscript.

The first seems absurd on its face and so does the second for that matter.

In addition this whole trading Biden for Bolton as witnesses thing is absurd. The GOP is just trying to rope dems into their nonsense. The GOP has the votes in the Senate to call whomever they want to call. They have 53 GOP Senators. All they need to call Biden is 51 votes. Now how they would handle a challenge of relevance is an entirely different story. But they have the votes to call whomever they want without a single Dem vote in the Senate.

Trump's cover up and witholding evidence from the American people and Democrats up to now has succeeded.
But when you treat you defenders with the same contempt and hide evidence from them, well Trump may have cooked his own goose.

Since the Bolton news broke, the White House has heard from Republican senators frustrated that they were kept in the dark when at least someone in the White House had the Bolton manuscript since the end of December, according to a source familiar with the conversations.

So they've never heard of a book store?

Trump's cover up and witholding evidence from the American people and Democrats up to now has succeeded.
But when you treat you defenders with the same contempt and hide evidence from them, well Trump may have cooked his own goose.

Since the Bolton news broke, the White House has heard from Republican senators frustrated that they were kept in the dark when at least someone in the White House had the Bolton manuscript since the end of December, according to a source familiar with the conversations.

So the senators are mumbling and will continue to kiss Trump's ass regardless?

Bold!

I have no sympathy for any Republican politician or the Republican party as a whole. They all know Trump is dangerous, an absolutely AWFUL human being, and he is guilty as hell...And NOW is the time they could get rid of him, and they have Pence, who is more conservative and more of a 'Republican' than Trump ever was, waiting in the wings....

But they won't get rid of Trump, because Republicans are cowards, they are afraid of Trump and his base.

Romney, Collins, and Murkowski have all made remarks that indicate they support Bolton testifying. That brings us to 50 now.

They had their chance and in plain sight before the entire country voted party over hearing from witnesses.

I have no sympathy for any Republican politician or the Republican party as a whole. They all know Trump is dangerous, an absolutely AWFUL human being, and he is guilty as hell...And NOW is the time they could get rid of him, and they have Pence, who is more conservative and more of a 'Republican' than Trump ever was, waiting in the wings....

But they won't get rid of Trump, because Republicans are cowards, they are afraid of Trump and his base.

But what are they afraid of-losing their jobs? Most of them are millionaires or at the very least independently wealthy, so I doubt it's fear of unemployment.

Quid pro quo in itself is not corrupt. Quid pro quo for personal gain is. Plus the aid money that Biden threatened was money from different countries to Ukraine that was specifically to fight corruption and Shokin still being in the position he was in (equivalent to our AG) was seen as not doing nearly enough by most of those giving money, the Ukrainian board looking into corruption there, and even several US Senators who wrote a letter of support for not giving money until they did something to show they were honest about fighting corruption.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Quid pro quos can be legitimate or be used for corrupt purposes. Just being a quid pro quo is not enough. The actual facts and reasons behind them are what make them legitimate or corrupt.

Ah, the famous veritas1 "clearness" test.

So talk to the GOP. Why did they let it slide, if it was so clear? They were running Congress in 2015, as I recall.

They just asleep at the switch or something?
They wrote a letter of support in fact, Republican Senators, for reforming the Prosecutor Generals office.

Republican senators echoed Biden in urging Ukrainian president to reform prosecutor general's office - CNNPolitics

Back
Top Bottom