• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thousands Cheer Pres.Trump Wildly in El Paso

Talk about cherry picking the numbers! Your own link and the crime index you cited directly disproves your conclusion:

From 2002 to 2007 (when you claim the wall was "started") the crime index dropped by 85 points. (364.4 to 279.3 over 5 years) From 2007 to 2016 the crime index dropped by 79 points. (279.3 to 199.7 over 9 years!) So: the rate of decrease in crime was much higher before the wall was built. Building the wall caused less of a decrease in crime than existed before the wall was "started."

The crime index fell much faster before the wall was built than it did after! You are blatantly misquoting statistics from your own source and using them to draw a false conclusion.

I explained that to him already, but he continues to spread the lie and get all outraged. Also note that they are not official statistics like he claims, but a number that the website came up using statistics it got from, well, somewhere, and adjusted using some formula. Says so right there on the site he links to: "City-data.com crime rate counts serious crimes and violent crime more heavily. It adjusts for the number of visitors and daily workers commuting into cities."

I explained that to him already, but he continues to spread the lie and get all outraged. Also note that they are not official statistics like he claims, but a number that the website came up using statistics it got from, well, somewhere, and adjusted using some formula. Says so right there on the site he links to: "City-data.com crime rate counts serious crimes and violent crime more heavily. It adjusts for the number of visitors and daily workers commuting into cities."

Yeah, Grok is a propagandist. He cares more about his own agenda than he does about not lying and spreading misinformation. I've never once seen him admit he was wrong about anything.

It's fun for me. Glad to see it bothers you.

How about the ACTUAL CRIME DATA FROM EL PASO, per their OWN POLICE DATA, from BEFORE and AFTER THE WALL?

That "bother you" too? :mrgreen:

US Conference of Mayors defends El Paso mayor after Trump said he was 'full of crap' about barrier

Margo told The Hill on Monday that the U.S.-Mexico border needed "manpower and technology." But he stressed that a physical barrier is "part of a total strategy and process for security." "It's not a panacea and it's not a be-all end-all," he said. Officials in El Paso County passed a resolution on Monday stating that the city is "disillusioned by President Trump’s lies regarding the border and our community." The resolution noted that the county's violent crime rate dropped 62 percent from 1993 to 2007, and that a fence wasn't installed until 2008.

:rofl

Pres praises the work of German Shepherds serving as drug-sniffing dogs. Says he was told they're better than machines. Reminds him some urge him to get a dog for the family. "How would I look walking a dog on the White House lawn," he asks. "Feels a little phony to me," he says.

Obama had some rat dog. :lamo

Hitler had a German Shepherd Dog called Blondie.

Just shows Hitler wasn't all bad...except that when he committed suicide, he killed his dog too.
Bastard.

Back
Top Bottom