• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Is Medicare For All

I don't know but Democrats are hell bent on taking everyone's insurance away, even the millions of people who like what they currently have, all in the name of their agenda. Nothing gets in their way. Full steam ahead and to hell with everyone who doesn't want to be steamrolled.

You are amazing.

The superficiality of your posts are a delight to Trump.

Be proud.

meanwhile,

Quality of life by nation

seems like we should take a look at that.

Look at it all you like. I don't take the list seriously for many reasons. One is that the USA is the number one nation as far as how many people want to move here, how much we are mimicked, etc.

So if they had no insurance at all, is that the answer? Not being able to afford insurance is an issue many in this country face. What solution do you favor?

He did not suggest that. He merely pointed out that Medicare is not the panacea that the left seems to think it is. Medicare for all would be a major disaster.

Look at it all you like. I don't take the list seriously for many reasons. One is that the USA is the number one nation as far as how many people want to move here, how much we are mimicked, etc.

Can you substantiate this claim?

Seems to me, the only reason folks want to come here rather than less violent 1st world countries is Geography.

it must be a conspiracy to make our inefficient, overpriced system look more workable than other systems. except not really.

Do you mean giving providers money to defray their costs? That's not decreasing their costs, that's subsidizing their costs. We need to work with them on actually decreasing their costs.

I mean aligning providers' financial models with cost reduction goals and helping them figure out how to get there by developing and disseminating practice transformation tools, sponsoring learning collaboratives and care redesign curricula development, offering technical assistance on improving cost and quality performance, creating a public-private partnership driving transformation of the health system across thousands of providers and other stakeholders, and on and on. Incenting and facilitating the health care delivery system to start figuring out how to get its costs under control was one of the most important projects initiated by the ACA.

Just because you don't know it's been going on doesn't mean it's not going on.

And just because you don't know it's been going on doesn't mean the GOP isn't actively trying to destroy the progress that's been made.

He did not suggest that. He merely pointed out that Medicare is not the panacea that the left seems to think it is. Medicare for all would be a major disaster.

So is it better to remain with the status quo where people have no coverage at all?

What's that supposed to mean? You guys are the ones saying you want MFA and yet these people committed murder/suicide because Medicare wasn't so great after all. Are we gonna ****ing pretend you give two ****s about medical bankruptcies?

A law-abiding gun owner shot his own child, and you support gun ownership?

Do you see why using a single anecdote doesn’t make for a strong argument?

So is it better to remain with the status quo where people have no coverage at all?

How about just addressing the cost of healthcare, then enacting government takeover ponzi schemes?

If they did not have Medicare would their economic situation in regards to medical bills been better or worse? Simple question.

That's not the question at all. Several Democrats want Medicare for all, which is what this couple had (Medicare). Didn't seem to help them. Democrats want Medicare For All so that these things don't happen. Apparently they are wrong. Medicare isn't what it is cracked up to be, which is why you have to buy several additional supplement programs. Medicare by itself, with no supplements, sucks and yet this is the basket Democrats want to put their eggs into. Sounds good to get votes but if you look at the nuts and bolts, it's terrible, just like it was for this couple.

So that you still of choice, of course.

I know you are just trolling. No one, NO ONE thinks Medicare is anything but the best insurance in the country.

The "choice" Democrats want to force on everyone sucks all by itself unless you buy several supplements. This is the fine print that the left does not want voting citizen to know about. Americans will be taxed much more to get "Medicare For All" but Medicare by itself sucks without all of the additional supplements. So, not only will you be paying much more in taxes but if you buy the supplements you will be paying even more. And if you don't buy the additional supplements, you've got what these people had, nothing and facing bankruptcy.

Can you substantiate this claim?

Seems to me, the only reason folks want to come here rather than less violent 1st world countries is Geography.

LOL. Other countries don't have geography?

it must be a conspiracy to make our inefficient, overpriced system look more workable than other systems. except not really.

I have two pre-existing chronic conditions. I have talked with thousands all over the world. They have the peace of mind in knowing that they are not going to face bankruptcy due to medical bills. That's it. But, after listening to the care they describe, I would not want it with a ten foot pole. And, they have been brainwashed by their liberal media that only the rich in the US get good medical care and everyone else dies in the streets.

Right from the beginning we should have concentrated only on those with no insurance and left everyone else the hell alone. Obamacare actually screwed pretty much everyone in order to insure those who were not insured before and even that did not happen as many were still left uninsured. Now Democrats want to **** over everyone by wiping out private insurance.

I have two pre-existing chronic conditions. I have talked with thousands all over the world. They have the peace of mind in knowing that they are not going to face bankruptcy due to medical bills. That's it. But, after listening to the care they describe, I would not want it with a ten foot pole. And, they have been brainwashed by their liberal media that only the rich in the US get good medical care and everyone else dies in the streets.

I also have preexisting conditions. If given the choice between first world health care and letting Republicans try to chip away at preexisting condition protections, I know which one I'd choose. Also, I don't believe right wing CT about single payer, so that makes the choice even easier.

Last edited:
I also have preexisting conditions. If given the choice between first world health care and letting Republicans try to chip away at preexisting condition protections, I know which one I'd choose. Also, I don't believe right wing CT about single payer, so that makes the choice even easier.

Come to England...
An American Uses Britain's NHS - Business Insider
An American neocon defends the NHS - Telegraph
An American doctor experiences the NHS. Again. – Dr. Jen Gunter

I'd definitely consider it. We've been there and really enjoyed it, and I could probably get a transfer pretty easily. Plus, showing this Tweety fiasco my taillights would be somewhat satisfying. However, I wouldn't want to be that far from my family, and anyway, why should I be the one who has to leave?

I'd definitely consider it. We've been there and really enjoyed it, and I could probably get a transfer pretty easily. Plus, showing this Tweety fiasco my taillights would be somewhat satisfying. However, I wouldn't want to be that far from my family, and anyway, why should I be the one who has to leave?

I agree, you shouldn't have to; I wonder how many Americans are actually considering a move overseas because they are so dissatisfied with the status quo.

Right from the beginning we should have concentrated only on those with no insurance and left everyone else the hell alone. Obamacare actually screwed pretty much everyone in order to insure those who were not insured before and even that did not happen as many were still left uninsured. Now Democrats want to **** over everyone by wiping out private insurance.

I don't think eliminating private insurance is either feasible, or the best approach for this country's situation. I think a hybrid system like the one in Switzerland is a better fit. That said, without the means to control cost, it will continue to make this a serious issue.

You say you don't believe it so that is confessing that you don't know. I have talked with thousands and thousands in other countries and what they describe as getting I would not want in a million years. Even before Obamacare I had great health insurance, even with pre-existing conditions. It cost me more than others paid, but it was far cheaper than after Obamacare went into effect.

Exactly! The last thing we need is to overcrowd and overload the healthcare system by creating even more pill-popping hypochondriacs. We don't need all of these people going to the doctor because they got a little owie on their finger, making me wait 8 months to get my legitimate appointment.

I agree, you shouldn't have to; I wonder how many Americans are actually considering a move overseas because they are so dissatisfied with the status quo.

Probably not an insignificant number. I've been far enough into the thought process to reach the part where I see how difficult it would be logistically and emotionally. Then I get angry that I even had to consider it. The only way I see it getting past the thought stage is if the orange idiot actually starts a civil war. I won't have my family put at risk because sixty million people went insane and joined a stupid cult. That's probably a "**** this" point for me.

You say you don't believe it so that is confessing that you don't know. I have talked with thousands and thousands in other countries and what they describe as getting I would not want in a million years. Even before Obamacare I had great health insurance, even with pre-existing conditions. It cost me more than others paid, but it was far cheaper than after Obamacare went into effect.

I do know. I've looked at the data, and have debunked right wing CT many times. I'm just at the "why bother?" stage now, sort of like after I debunked 9/11 arguments for years. It didn't do any good, so there's really no point.

Back
Top Bottom