• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'The worst call by far': Donald Trump badgers, brags in Malcolm Turnbull call

Re: Trump Hangs Up Phone on Australian PM

Do you approve of the press or anybody else reporting that Trump threatened Nieto when Nieto says he didn't?

Do you approve of the press reporting that Trump hung up on Turnbull when he almost certainly did not?

Do Trump-haters really have so little honor or interest in the truth or fair play?

I was just commenting on your theory that Trump has deliberately made himself look like a bumbling asshole-ish amateur to inflame the press.
Pretty interesting theory. Keep thinking!

I was just commenting on your theory that Trump has deliberately made himself look like a bumbling asshole-ish amateur to inflame the press.
Pretty interesting theory. Keep thinking!

Bumbling asshole? I think not. But he sure manages to find ways to make a hostile press into bumbling assholes. So far, it has worked pretty effectively for him.

But geez they are slow learners.

I'm saying you're in full meltdown mode because you're ascribing positions to me that I've never held. I'm saying you're in full meltdown mode because every other post seems to mention "Bannon".

Well you only told me I was in full meltdown twice in this post, reinoe .

The only point I've made in this thread is that Trump's hanging up on Turnbull has not been verified. Exploit somebody else's posts please to bang your partisan drum.

The scheduled one-hour phone call with a formal national security treaty ally prime minister ended after 25 minutes when the manchild Trump went into a rage, and it is weak to claim Trump does not flip out into rage.

PM Turnbull back in Oz is not denying Trump hung up on him. All Turnbull will say is that the call ended after Trump accepted the Obama deal but with the qualifier Trump would look into the "lousy" thing.

Given Trump told Turnbull the refugees would be subject to "extreme vetting," no one expects even one refugee to survive the process. Bet the farm that none will be admitted.

Opposition Labor Party leader Bill Shorten, who supports the deal, said Trump is "barking mad."

So it's just another routine day at the Trump White House. While Putin fingers the giggling Trump PM Turnbull of the long term ally Australia gets the finger in the eye. No country of the world has been long term tougher on uninvited foreigner migrants than Australia. If Trump had any consistency he'd know that, respect it, honor it.

Barking mad indeed.

I'm saying you're in full meltdown mode because you're ascribing positions to me that I've never held. I'm saying you're in full meltdown mode because every other post seems to mention "Bannon".

Anyone who might deny the presence of Stephen Bannon at Trump's feet would be in a full lockdown of consciousness.

20170129001295878694-original.jpg

President Trump speaks with Prime Minister Turnbull, National Security Advisor Michael Flynn and Senior Counselor to the President Steve Bannon listen in. (EPA/PETE)

The photo presents the historically unique sight of three horses asses in the Oval office.

Easily provoked person in the Oval Office hung up on Australia's Prime Minister half way thru a planned hour long call

I wonder if the stress is already getting the guy. Combine this behaviour with what he said this past Friday during a call with Mexico's President, during which he seems to have threatened to invade Mexico.

Little wonder the developed nations are beginning to wonder about stability in the world

Lets look at this. Your article is from the same source. The source used by WaPo and AP is an anon source for both phone calls, to Mexico and Australia. The source lied or fabricated information about Mexico so the information about the Australia call is questionable at best.. The governments of Mexico and the US are saying that the report is a lie. They actually put it differently but let me quote another article about the fake news the WaPo swallowed and AP regurgitated. Both WaPo and AP are complicit in shoveling huge amounts of BS on this one.

White House says wire service wrongly claimed new president had threatened to invade Mexico
Mexico said Wednesday that the Associated Press’ account of a call Friday between President Trump and his Mexican counterpart is inaccurate.
“The assertions that you make about said conversation do not correspond to the reality of it,” the Mexican government said in a statement on the wire service’s reporting.
“The tone was constructive,” according to a statement from Mexico’s foreign relations department, “and it was agreed by the presidents to continue working and that the teams will continue to meet frequently to construct an agreement that is positive for Mexico and for the United States.”
The White House joined in, saying that “reports that the President threatened to invade Mexico are false. Even the Mexican government is disputing these reports.”
The AP’s description of the transcript doesn’t contain the Mexican president’s response or indicate the tone or context of Mr. Trump’s remark.
But reporting on the call has nevertheless fueled online headlines and social media commentary that portray Mr. Trump’s comments as a threat to invade Mexico.

The AP article that sites WaPo. Same info, same fake news.
https://apnews.com/0b3f5db59b2e4aa78cdbbf008f27fb49

Here is an article form WaPo stating exactly the opposite about the efforts between the US and Mexico, only three hours later.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ment-document-signals/?utm_term=.f0f089ec461f
The United States and Mexico appear to have taken the first steps toward renegotiating the North American Free Trade Agreement, according to a Mexican government document, walking down a path that would fulfill one of President Trump's big campaign promises and potentially transform the hemisphere's economy.

A communique posted by Mexico's foreign and economic ministries on a government website on Wednesday said that the Mexican government had begun a series of consultations with the private sector, a process which it said would take 90 days. "The consultation in Mexico will start simultaneously with the internal process being carried out by the government of the United States," the document said.

Do you approve of the press or anybody else reporting that Trump threatened Nieto when Nieto says he didn't?

Do you approve of the press reporting that Trump hung up on Turnbull when he almost certainly did not?

Do Trump-haters really have so little honor or interest in the truth or fair play?

My money is on Stephen Bannon as the WaPo new Deep Throat.

After all the White House leaks today on Mexico and Australia that are designed to impress the base rightwing base I went ahead to bet the farm on it.

The Trump White House: Day 12, Mass Media Manipulation 101.

Gotta hand it tho to WaPo cause not only are they always in the game, they are always at the center of the action and they write the rules besides. Can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Whoever all is leaking the hot stuff from the White House does know what he/they're doing regardless of whether it's one guy or several acting separately. Hot stuff.

Bumbling asshole? I think not. But he sure manages to find ways to make a hostile press into bumbling assholes. So far, it has worked pretty effectively for him.

But geez they are slow learners.

To the contrary.

By Reuters Editor-in-Chief Steve Adler...

Reuters Editor Warns That Covering Trump’s America Is Like Covering China, Russia

"I am perpetually proud of our work in places such as Turkey, the Philippines, Egypt, Iraq, Yemen, Thailand, China, Zimbabwe, and Russia, nations in which we sometimes encounter some combination of censorship, legal prosecution, visa denials, and even physical threats to our journalists.

So the secret to covering Trump is to apply the experience gained from covering dictators in regimes that have little respect for a free press. His advice is to be prepared for legal harassment and physical threats. Both of those are tactics that Trump has already deployed. He has said that he wants to "open up our libel laws" so that he can sue the media. And on at least one occasion a reporter required secret service protection following a Trump rally due to overt threats

Reuters Editor Warns That Covering Trump’s America Is Like Covering China, Russia | News Corpse

The excerpt comes from a memo Adler distributed to all Reuters staff.

Last edited:

Anyone who might deny the presence of Stephen Bannon at Trump's feet would be in a full lockdown of consciousness.

20170129001295878694-original.jpg

President Trump speaks with Prime Minister Turnbull, National Security Advisor Michael Flynn and Senior Counselor to the President Steve Bannon listen in. (EPA/PETE)

The photo presents the historically unique sight of three horses asses in the Oval office.

Trump is literally on the edge of his seat. He better calm down. At his age, it's unhealthy to be so stressed out. If he would read everything from cue cards, he probably wouldn't put his foot in his mouth so often.

The man is not behaving any differently with Turnbull than with anybody before, going back many years.

The man is not behaving any differently with Turnbull than with anybody before, going back many years.

Yeah but the people who got in Trump's way the past 50 years didn't get a Hellfire missile up their ass.

Yeah but the people who got in Trump's way the past 50 years didn't get a Hellfire missile up their ass.

What? Trump put a Hellfire missile up the ass of the lowliest worker and subcontractor as casual as can be.

CNN also contradicts the AP story relating to both calls (Australia and Mexico).

Mexico:
According to an excerpt of the transcript of the call with Peña Nieto provided to CNN, Trump said, "You have some pretty tough hombres in Mexico that you may need help with. We are willing to help with that big-league, but they have be knocked out and you have not done a good job knocking them out."
Trump made an offer to help Peña Nieto with the drug cartels.
The excerpt of the transcript obtained by CNN differs with an official internal readout of the call that wrongly suggested Trump was contemplating sending troops to the border in a hostile way.

Australia:
Turnbull said the call ended "courteously" in a radio interview Thursday.
When asked about the tweet labeling the agreement brokered with Obama's administration a "dumb deal," Turnball said, while the deal may not have been one Trump would've done or considered a "good deal," the President and his administration have committed to honor it.
Earlier this week, however, Spicer said the Trump administration would honor the agreement, saying the refugees would be submitted to "extreme vetting."
Turnbull also told reporters Thursday that Trump assured him the US would take the refugees.
Trump has heated exchange with Australian leader, sources say - CNNPolitics.com

CNN also contradicts the AP story relating to both calls (Australia and Mexico).

Mexico:

Australia:

Trump has heated exchange with Australian leader, sources say - CNNPolitics.com

Read all that a couple of pages ago and I'll still go with Deep Throat II and the eternal WaPo.

Every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

A lot of Trump's base has suddenly become very sensitive to deny what Trump did and continues to do. Not all of his base base, but quite a few of his base base. Some of youse guyz have been stung by the fiasco of the Bannon EO criminal incompetence case being dissembled by the courts and his handing out of executive orders like they were m&m candies.

What? Trump put a Hellfire missile up the ass of the lowliest worker and subcontractor as casual as can be.

The juvenile right cannot successfully play down that Donald Trump the manchild is now the commander in chief of the mightiest armed force the world will ever know, past, present and continuing into the future. Yet he giggles when Putin tickles him and spits on the prime minister of Australia.

This all is severely ****ed up.

Can we divert for a moment from the anti-Trump bleating long enough for someone to explain why the United States should take half of these 2,500 refuges rejected by Australia? And spare us the Emma Lazarus quotes, please.

According to TIME.com:

Following new public details about a recent phone conversation with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull, President Donald Trump took to Twitter late Wednesday to criticize a deal brokered between Canberra and the administration of former President Barack Obama to resettle some refugees in the United States.

Trump vowed to “study this dumb deal,” in which the previous administration agreed to accept 1,250 asylum seekers from Australian-run detention centers on the Pacific islands of Manus and Nauru—roughly half of the people who are stuck in limbo off the Australian coast.
Australia refuses to accept them or even allow them to be processed on Australian soil.

The Washington Post reported that Trump criticized the deal during a phone conversation with Turnbull on Saturday that anonymous senior officials depicted as hostile. The call, which the Post said the White House declined to comment on, reportedly centered on the refugee deal and was prematurely ended by an aggravated Trump.

<snip>
According to the Post, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer told reporters earlier this week that Trump agreed during the phone call to honor the agreement, and said that the refugees would be subject to “extreme vetting” procedures.

However, the officials cited by the Post, who had reportedly been briefed on the call, said Trump told Turnbull that he was “going to get killed” politically if he honored what he called “the worst deal ever.”

Read more:

Trump Tweets About '''Dumb''' Refugee Deal With Australia | Time.com

Last edited:

Can we divert for a moment from the anti-Trump bleating long enough for someone to explain why the United States should take half of these 2,500 refuges rejected by Australia? And spare us the Emma Lazarus quotes, please.

The Right Sector needs to do its own research so it can find out what's going on. The mass of well financed rightwing media are readily available too btw.

Then forward it to the White House c/o Potus Trump cause he knows even less about it.

Visiting the Statue of Liberty would be a bonus reward for doing one's own work.

The Right Sector needs to do its own research so it can find out what's going on. The mass of well financed rightwing media are readily available too btw.

I can pencil you into the "No" column then?

Visiting the Statue of Liberty would be a bonus reward for doing one's own work.

Already been there. Ellis Island, too.

More evidence that Trump is mentally unstable.

I love when Trump fans misuse words and catchphrases. It's so amusingly consistent of them.

Indeed. Still, I'm shaking in my boots. I have children and grandchildren that he is offering up as fodder for his cause... and for nothing!

I can pencil you into the "No" column then?

You can engrave it.

Already been there. Ellis Island, too.

Good cause I wuz concerned you might have been to some theme park in Kansas or Iowa and thought it was the real thing. Been to the real thing while I lived on W 22nd St and also visited the Arch in St. Louis which I'd expect you've gone up onto the top deck to view...a nothingness of flat land called yep, Kansas. Can almost see California across Kansas we can.

Of course Ellis Island was all about those white folk from Europe. Different today eh.

Last edited:

More evidence that Trump is mentally unstable.

He might be. It is one explanation.

Back
Top Bottom