• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The very definition of "insanity" in America

Jack2aTee

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Millions of diehard Republicans are on Obamacare. They say without it they or their loved ones would die.

Trump promises that if he's elected in 2024 he will finish the job of destroying Obamacare. He has nothing in mind to replace it with.

Millions of diehard Republicans say they will still vote for Trump in 2024 even though they know he's going to try his damndest to take away the very healthcare program they admit keeps them alive.

I defy any reader to find me a better example of the crass stupidity that Republicans operate under when it comes to Donald J Trump.

Millions of diehard Republicans are on Obamacare. They say without it they or their loved ones would die.

Trump promises that if he's elected in 2024 he will finish the job of destroying Obamacare. He has nothing in mind to replace it with.

Millions of diehard Republicans say they will still vote for Trump in 2024 even though they know he's going to try his damndest to take away the very healthcare program they admit keeps them alive.

I defy any reader to find me a better example of the crass stupidity that Republicans operate under when it comes to Donald J Trump.
Democracy works best when people vote in their own self interest. If we did that we would have far fewer tax cuts and far more middle class.

Fake news.

Trump vows to replace ObamaCare with his own alternative​

They're on Obamacare because they helped pay for it, not necessarily because they believe in it.

Fake news.

The idea that Trump would come up with "his own alternative" is certainly fake news.

But, since evidently there are still those who believe this nonsense after nine years of empty vows, the OP's point seems apt.

I nominate the OP.

They're on Obamacare because they helped pay for it, not necessarily because they believe in it.
So what would they be on if there was no Obamacare?

The idea that Trump would come up with "his own alternative" is certainly fake news.
Perhaps, but saying Trump has nothing in mind to replace it with is simply untrue. Fake news. A lie.

But, since evidently there are still those who believe this nonsense after nine years of empty vows, the OP's point seems apt.
Reality, it is a bitch.

Fake news.

Trump promises................................and there are still folks out there that believes whatever he says he will do??

61cd5685c590a.jpg

Perhaps, but saying Trump has nothing in mind to replace it with is simply untrue. Fake news. A lie.

We already did this experiment. Trump has nothing in mind to replace it with. Pretending otherwise is fake news. A lie.

Didn't the world exist before Obamacare?
That is a poor answer to my question. Yes the world existed when we had slavery. Does that mean you were better off

Trump voters know he has nothing to replace it with. They are smart enough to know that Trump is not smart or sophisticated enough to come up with anything positive or constructive. He is only good for destroying and tearing down.

They vote for him, but are then afraid he will actually do what they voted for him to do. They vote for him even if they know he will hurt them. They will vote for him even if they know that means they may die for it. It’s self sacrifice for the cult prophet. It would be comical if it wasn’t so sad. It’s like watching the Jonestown cult.

They are not voting for him because of self interest or sound policy. They vote for him because of a sense of primitive tribalism. They vote for him hoping he will hurt those “others” even more than them.

Didn't the world exist before Obamacare?
Didn't the world exist before slavery was abolished, women earned voting rights, gays were allowed to come out of the closet, disabled got wheelchair access, and didn't the world exist before modern medicine, modern science, internet, and cellphones?
I mean, what exactly was your point about what didn't existed in the world before?

We already did this experiment. Trump has nothing in mind to replace it with. Pretending otherwise is fake news. A lie.
He also said it in 2016. Have a short memory?
I lack @Greenbeard's telepathic powers so I can't comment what is in Trump's mind, other than he said. He already abolished the powergrab mandate penaltax during his last presidency.

As for @Citizen, my memory is certainly better than your ability to click a link.

Given that Trump will need 60 Senators to pass anything, Trump is as unlikely to completely repeal Obamacare in 2025 as he was in 2017. Voters know this. Which blows up the whole "insanity" thing. If people know Trump can't do it, then there's no more danger in voting for that than any politician's promises that won't be kept.

But even if Trump does somehow manage to repeal Obamacare, something else will replace it. To pretend otherwise is self-delusion or demagoguing, take your pick.

Prior to the passage of the ACA, 87% of Americans had insurance...most of whom like their insurance. Of the 13% that didnt, many didnt by choice, preferring instead to spend what they call disposable income on other things. Funny how people that couldnt afford a policy payment could still afford tattoos, smokes, alcohol, drugs, video games ell phones, cable tv, etc. Sure...some were just outright incapable of paying for insurance...and heres the cool part...EVERYONE...including that 13% had access to emergency healthcare.

SINCE the passage of the 'affordable' health care act, most peoples policies skyrocketed, with some having to balance skyrocketing premiums with deductibles that made insurance essentially worthless. I suspect most of the people that LIKE the ACA are the ones that because low to no income levels manage to qualify for government funded healthcare at low to no cost.

But it ALWAYS costs SOMEONE.

I lack @Greenbeard's telepathic powers so I can't comment what is in Trump's mind, other than he said. He already abolished the powergrab mandate penaltax during his last presidency.

As for @Citizen, my memory is certainly better than your ability to click a link.

Given that Trump will need 60 Senators to pass anything, Trump is as unlikely to completely repeal Obamacare in 2025 as he was in 2017. Voters know this. Which blows up the whole "insanity" thing. If people know Trump can't do it, then there's no more danger in voting for that than any politician's promises that won't be kept.

But even if Trump does somehow manage to repeal Obamacare, something else will replace it. To pretend otherwise is self-delusion or demagoguing, take your pick.
That is the problem. The republicans have nothing else to replace it. They just want to repeal it because, well you know it Obama and the democrats. Remember the McCain thumps down?

Fake news.

Seriously?
"I will come up with a much better, and less expensive, alternative! People will be happy, not sad!”
Do people still believe this crap? Specifically, do you still believe this crap?
"I will come up with..."
Incredible.

Back
Top Bottom