• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The solar eclipse could mean disaster for trump, according to astrologers

So because they report on a silly topic they suddenly aren't a news outlet? Sorry but weird and silly news has been apart of the media for hundreds of years. Why should Newsweek stop just because snowflakes are upset?

I already said that I dont agree that this was a "report", so you see....

I already said that I dont agree that this was a "report", so you see....

You'll have to drive just barely into Oregon to see the path of totality .

Newsweek has not been respectable since Tina Brown was brought in to turn it into a tabloid (she failed to make something that works).

It had been a failed operation long before that.

How to Lose $100 Million - POLITICO Magazine

It was a culture piece for Gods sakes. It was long and discussed quite a bit besides emperor tweeto. Mentions how Reagan scheduled items based on astrology and how Nancy took it seriously. A fluff piece that sparks outrage for people looking to be outraged by the media. Too funny.

Maybe try to stay with the actual thread?

The story posted is about a bunch of loony's predicting doom for Trump because of the eclipse.

Just another anti-Trump story. Yawn.......

Mind yer own posts. Yawn....

It was a culture piece for Gods sakes. It was long and discussed quite a bit besides emperor tweeto. Mentions how Reagan scheduled items based on astrology and how Nancy took it seriously. A fluff piece that sparks outrage for people looking to be outraged by the media. Too funny.

Do you seriously not see the difference between Trump and Regan when it comes to astrology?

And what is and is not journalism?

OKIE DOKIE

You'll have to drive just barely into Oregon to see the path of totality .

I have far better things to do, I did it as a kid, and once you have seen one....

Do you seriously not see the difference between Trump and Regan when it comes to astrology?

And what is and is not journalism?

OKIE DOKIE

Do you seriously not understand English? I didn't make a comparison between the two nor did the article. You are just miffed it predicted gloom and doom related to emperor tweeto. It would had negative connotations regardless of who was president. Spare me the fake outrage.

Okie Dokie

You think/believe this tale requires a "Loonery Alert!" when your side of the aisle has that ever so reliable gentleman by the name of Alex Jones

BREAKING: DEMOCRATS ORGANIZING CRIMINAL COUP AGAINST TRUMP

Jones alleges plot to drop 2,000-pound bomb on the president

LIMBAUGH: DEEP STATE COULD BE RECRUITING RETIRED GENERALS TO LEAD MILITARY COUP

Alex does like his ALL CAPS headlines, don't he?

I don't know what the heck you're talking about. Jones ain't on MY side. :shrug:

I have far better things to do, I did it as a kid, and once you have seen one....

Totality is a mystical event, which you appreciate as a Zen. As a scientist, I can't get enough of seeing stars and coronal discharge and the Sun's atmosphere in a totality.

I wish I lived more north for the northern lights. Planning Alaska next summer.

It's a really big deal in St. Louis, Carbondale and especially Nashville; good for the economy; goods for kids; good for adult kids like me ;

Last edited:
Totality is a mystical event, which you appreciate as a Zen. As a scientist, I can't get enough of seeing stars and coronal discharge and the Sun's atmosphere in a totality.

I wish I lived more north for the northern lights. Planning Alaska next summer.

It's a really big deal in St. Louis, Carbondale and especially Nashville; good for the economy; goods for kids; good for adult kids like me ;

Everyone should do both at least once...

Newsweek may be seen as "Mainstream" but when they publish stories like this one . . .

It seems that DJT has been subject to a eternal eclipse from his performance so far.

If Newsweek is now publishing such complete and utter bull**** as astrology
with a straight face then it is no longer mainstream.

But wait. The intellectual interests and attention span of the US population is in
a state of advanced regression, so it could be that enough morons now take astrology
seriously to have propelled it into the mainstream.
Nancy Reagan did not let Ronnie make any decisions without consulting her astrologer.

:lamo:lamo:lamo You mean the delusion of the scores of uneducated idiots who think he is the new messiah?

This stopped being cute in second grade.

Can you give me a better post to work with?

If I recall both Nancy and Ronald Reagan consulted with an astrologer....

"...WASHINGTON, May 3— President Reagan and his wife, Nancy, are both deeply interested in astrology, the White House spokesman, Marlin Fitzwater, said today, and two former White House officials said Mrs. Reagan's concerns had influenced the scheduling of important events....

Another former official said the President timed his announcement that he would run for re-election after he and his wife consulted astrological signs.

Early in his political career, Mr. Reagan scheduled his inauguration as Governor of California in January 1967 to take place at an odd time, 12:10 A.M. News reports at the time said the decision was made to take advantage of favorable astrological portents...."

White House Confirms Reagans Follow Astrology, Up to a Point - NYTimes.com

And the astrologer told them when the stars align you will have alzeimers.

Nancy Reagan did not let Ronnie make any decisions without consulting her astrologer.

Yeah, and then there was Hillary with her "Channeling" back in the 1990s.

Maybe I forgot how mainstream the occult had already gotten long ago.

I did read that Reagan overruled his wife on the timing of his cancer operation;
hopefully he only humored her by acceding on matters where the timing made
no difference.

Last edited:
Yeah, and then then was Hillary with her "Channeling" back in the 1990s.

Maybe I forgot how mainstream the occult had already gotten long ago.

I did read that Reagan overruled his wife on the timing of his cancer operation;
hopefully he only humored her by acceding on matters where the timing made
no difference.
In light of that and of the fact that we really do not know how any of those decisions by those presidents were made, I think it is better to base criticism on the action itself and or the results that come from it.

If I recall both Nancy and Ronald Reagan consulted with an astrologer....

Funny how you guys are allowed to pull out a 'But Reagan' whenever you like--even though the guy has been out of office for 30 years, but if someone on the right pulls a but Hillary or a but Obama, you guys have a fit.

Sounds like the senior year of Trumplicans.

Clearly you do not like to work with facts and I gave you a simple fact nothing meant to be cute.

You know where to find me if you come up with something worthy of my time.

You know where to find me if you come up with something worthy of my time.
Please do not delude yourself, I really do not give a crap where you are or what is worthy of your time. My post still stands.

Funny how you guys are allowed to pull out a 'But Reagan' whenever you like--even though the guy has been out of office for 30 years, but if someone on the right pulls a but Hillary or a but Obama, you guys have a fit.
Even more funny is how that has absolutely nothing to do with astrology or anything I said. But hey...don't let that stop you from throwing a fit. :roll:

Newsweek may be seen as "Mainstream" but when they publish stories like this one . . .

All astrologers of the past age, are collectively rolling in their graves at the stupidity in this issue.

Unless Trump is destined to turn into a four headed, monkey-dragon when the alignment happens. I doubt this issue "if you can call it that" will add up to much.

You lost the thread.....the astrologists are not the problem, it is Newsweek.

Newsweek reporting the news isn't the problem, either. Reporting what astrologers predict is really no different than reporting what Pat Robertson predicts.

Back
Top Bottom