• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The myth of trump's falling support

His support is increasing. More people are taking size and the middle is shrinking. More people identify with him now that he's under investigation.

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

Yes, you've told me that before and I accept that as a legitimate concern. What I have to consider is the increased vulnerability of Democrats in those red states versus the corrosive and demoralizing impact of Democrats not standing up for basic humanitarian principles across the entire Democratic base.

I get that, but what I’m concerned about is what happens if there’s a meaningful net loss in the Senate.

Medicaid
Medicare
Social Security
Developmental Disabilities
Special Education

We play too loose with DACA, which polling continues to show barely a majority of Democrats want a government shutdown to achieve a deal, and I’m thinking about the whole concept of the modern welfare state—not to mention oversight of the President.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Manchin is voting for the CR. Waiting anxiously for how the others go.

I get that, but what I’m concerned about is what happens if there’s a meaningful net loss in the Senate.

Medicaid
Medicare
Social Security
Developmental Disabilities
Special Education

We play too loose with DACA, which polling continues to show barely a majority of Democrats want a government shutdown to achieve a deal, and I’m thinking about the whole concept of the modern welfare state—not to mention oversight of the President.

I've read the 538 article you linked to showing that while DACA is important to the Democratic base, it's not in the top fifteen of their concerns. However, you have to balance the risks of red state Democrats against a principle that still reflects the feelings of all Democrats everywhere. Democrats need now more than anything to believe that their elected representatives stand on those Democratic principles.

Let me illustrate this a little further: Republicans are not ever going to create a bill that extends protections for Dreamers. That's just not happening. And it's hardly as if the deportations are just theoretical, and it's not just the Dreamers. This is what's in the news right now in addition to stories about people being separated from their families and deported:

El Salvador is seeking to reach an agreement with Qatar to allow Salvadoran migrants who are forced to leave the United States to work temporarily in the Gulf country, a spokesperson for the Salvadoran presidency said on Tuesday.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/01/qatar-recruit-salvadorans-deported-180117083136308.html

So people who have lived in the US for decades are being kicked out, and many are being considered for work in indentured servitude in a country with no labor protection laws. This is what is in the news, and there is no way it's getting any better from here on out. When left-of-center voters go to the polls in November, they're going to do so knowing that if thousands of people were deported to countries they never knew, it's because Democrats didn't stand up for them when they had the opportunity. This is a possible 2016 election level of demoralization I'm talking about, and we can't afford that either.

But if you can think of a path that successfully skirts these two dangers, I'm all ears.

Now that you understand the limitations of Mueller's investigation, do you feel more comfortable over this "witch hunt"?

No. I've never thought the witch hunt would be more than an annoyance.

No. I've never thought the witch hunt would be more than an annoyance.

I'm sure that's what Congressional Republicans thought as well, which is why they only started freaking out once it became evident that Mueller started making actual progress. They probably assumed as well that since Mueller was a Republican appointed by another Republican, he would act partisanly and work to cover up any illegal behavior rather than act professionally and treat it like a serious investigation. When that expectation failed to manifest, panic ensued.

And if Democrats get a house of Congress, that panic is going to quadruple.

I'm sure that's what Congressional Republicans thought as well, which is why they only started freaking out once it became evident that Mueller started making actual progress. They probably assumed as well that since Mueller was a Republican appointed by another Republican, he would act partisanly and work to cover up any illegal behavior rather than act professionally and treat it like a serious investigation. When that expectation failed to manifest, panic ensued.

And if Democrats get a house of Congress, that panic is going to quadruple.

LOL!!

You think Congressional Republicans are worried about the Mueller investigation? Heck, they've been doing their own investigation...and not "freaking out" over it.

But maybe you think this latest stuff is them freaking out? This latest stuff has nothing to do with the Mueller investigation. Rather it has everything to do with the actions of the corrupt Obama administration.

Now...to be sure, Mueller is attached at the hip to Obama. After all, he worked for Obama. It is very likely Mueller was an integral part of that Obama corruption. And, since the Obama corruption is now coming to light, it's quite likely that the very reason for the Mueller investigation will simply go away. Those are all nothing more than the possible effects of the Congressional investigation into the corrupt Obama administration...they are not the focus of the Congressional investigation.

LOL!!

You think Congressional Republicans are worried about the Mueller investigation? Heck, they've been doing their own investigation...and not "freaking out" over it.

But maybe you think this latest stuff is them freaking out? This latest stuff has nothing to do with the Mueller investigation. Rather it has everything to do with the actions of the corrupt Obama administration.

Now...to be sure, Mueller is attached at the hip to Obama. After all, he worked for Obama. It is very likely Mueller was an integral part of that Obama corruption. And, since the Obama corruption is now coming to light, it's quite likely that the very reason for the Mueller investigation will simply go away. Those are all nothing more than the possible effects of the Congressional investigation into the corrupt Obama administration...they are not the focus of the Congressional investigation.

No, I don't think they're freaking out at all. I think they're as relaxed as Buddhist cows, which is why they're attacking the Mueller investigation at every turn. That's what people do when they have no fear of what an investigation may uncover.

Last edited:
You do realize there are TWO chambers of Congress, one of which is not subject to gerrymandering?

I see Shane riding his horse. He's slowly coming into view.

Back
Top Bottom