• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Line Is Getting Blurred

We are a Christian nation, with a secular government.

Poppycock.

I'm not a Christian, and no one in my life gives a rat's ass about my lack of religious indoctrination.

We are a Christian nation, with a secular government.
Demonstrably false!
Those "walls" as Jefferson noted in his famous letter were to prevent the government from interfering with religion, not the other way around.
Also false! Separation has to work both ways. Otherwise, there is no real separation.

Demonstrably false!

Also false! Separation has to work both ways. Otherwise, there is no real separation.
Gordy,
You don't know what the Constitution says.
It says two things
1. Government won't form a national church.
2. Government won't interfere in any ones' ability to worship as they choose.

The Constitution doesn't mention what people can and can't do, only what the government can do.

It does not work both ways, just one.

Do some reading before you talk.

Gordy,
You don't know what the Constitution says.
It says two things
1. Government won't form a national church.
2. Government won't interfere in any ones' ability to worship as they choose.

The Constitution doesn't mention what people can and can't do, only what the government can do.

It does not work both ways, just one.

Do some reading before you talk.
What the constitution says is that people cannot inject their religion into the government or secular law. Neither can the government favor or endorse any religion over others or over non religion. Hence, separation of church and state. Maybe you should study basic civics before you talk!

So, you're fine with the legislation of marriage and women's health and LBGQT people based on his specific religious beliefs?
So logically it is not the belief it is the origin of the belief that you are offended by.
see,the Founders thought your type the very worst to exist in any free country.
They forbade any stifling of thought or cnesoring of suggestion based on hatred of its sourc.e
YOU HAVE TO GO and you will
So many people I know who had converstions because they already knew that homosexuality and killing babies was wrong.
You have it backwards

So logically it is not the belief it is the origin of the belief that you are offended by.
The belief is just plain stupid and irrational.
see,the Founders thought your type the very worst to exist in any free country. They forbade any stifling of thought or cnesoring of suggestion based on hatred of its sourc.e
The FF allowed for anyone to have any belief they wanted.
YOU HAVE TO GO and you will
What does that mean?
So many people I know who had converstions because they already knew that homosexuality and killing babies was wrong.
You have it backwards
What's wrong with homosexuality? Oh right, nothing! Killing babies is already illegal. But there's nothing wrong with abortion, which does not involve babies. And conversion therapy is quack "therapy," not approved or endorsed by the AMA or other legitimate medical agencies. Not to mention it can cause harm.

I find this unsettling…….

Trust me, if you have a family member that is LBGQT or was raped and needed an abortion, he would give two shits about their personal privacy. He thinks he's doing God's work, but it's a very specific kind of God's work. That's why this matters.
But you always ;complain how special and superior you are. See, you are upset because he is somebody and you are nobody.
Now if he said he was upset with you hoping God deserts the country, then maybe.
But face it. You are a nobody and that is what upsets you. I say that prayer too

GROW UP, CHILD, GROW UP
PS You would have hated Ben Frnaklin's prayer

With the Constitutional Convention at a stalemate, Franklin called theassembly to daily Christian prayer, requesting God's guidance in theirdeliberations.With each session beginning in prayer, a spirit of unity and cooperation emerged, and in July of 1787, the delegates arrived at the "GreatCompromise:' also known as the Connecticut Compromise. It wasdecided that the legislative branch would contain two distinctive houses.First was the House of Representatives, providing representation basedon population. Second was the Senate, allocating two representativesfrom each state.

The belief is just plain stupid and irrational.

The FF allowed for anyone to have any belief they wanted.

What does that mean?

What's wrong with homosexuality? Oh right, nothing! Killing babies is already illegal. But there's nothing wrong with abortion, which does not involve babies. And conversion therapy is quack "therapy," not approved or endorsed by the AMA or other legitimate medical agencies. Not to mention it can cause harm.
FF certainly did not.,
And you refuse in your cowardly way to say there is any perversion or anyone is a pervert.
Because of my logic training I see thru you

FF certainly did not.,
And you refuse in your cowardly way to say there is any perversion or anyone is a pervert.
Because of my logic training I see thru you
"Logic" seems to elude you. The FF were very clear about religious belief/freedom, but also about the separation of church and state. And "perversion" is merely a subjective judgement call. It's otherwise meaningless.

But you always ;complain how special and superior you are. See, you are upset because he is somebody and you are nobody.
Now if he said he was upset with you hoping God deserts the country, then maybe.
But face it. You are a nobody and that is what upsets you. I say that prayer too

GROW UP, CHILD, GROW UP
PS You would have hated Ben Frnaklin's prayer

With the Constitutional Convention at a stalemate, Franklin called theassembly to daily Christian prayer, requesting God's guidance in theirdeliberations.With each session beginning in prayer, a spirit of unity and cooperation emerged, and in July of 1787, the delegates arrived at the "GreatCompromise:' also known as the Connecticut Compromise. It wasdecided that the legislative branch would contain two distinctive houses.First was the House of Representatives, providing representation basedon population. Second was the Senate, allocating two representativesfrom each state.
That’s gonna leave a mark…….
….and no it wasn’t me…..

Maybe you should read the Constitution.

Concerning religion, it doesn't restrict the people in any way, just the government.

It's real simple. Just read it.

Maybe you should read the Constitution.

Concerning religion, it doesn't restrict the people in any way, just the government.

It's real simple. Just read it.
No one said the constitution restricts individuals. The government cannot play religious favorites.

You said this:
"What the constitution says is that people cannot inject their religion into the government or secular law."

Did you read it?

It says that the Constitution restricts individuals from injecting religion.

You said this:
"What the constitution says is that people cannot inject their religion into the government or secular law."

Did you read it?

It says that the Constitution restricts individuals from injecting religion.
It says religion must stay out of government.

Back
Top Bottom