• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Line Is Getting Blurred

I find this unsettling…….

"Heavenly father.....ignore the fact people in our cities are starving and addicted, that children are going without proper food; Lord we ask you direct the hand of our lawmakers who you have risen up, that they may have clear heads, clean thoughts, and pure hearts as we chop the shit out of funding to those lazy poor blacks and Latinos. Father......lead us as purify our nation and rid our streets of those sexual deviants, and forget all congressmen have mistresses...well I admit some like boys...

But, Lord, you made them what they are, look after them. We have a nation to run, pockets to pick, fortunes to make, and rivers to poison.
May god bless America!"

The part I always find the weirdest is the "oh please God we have been so bad. We are such mega sinners and horrible people and our country is terrible and full of immoral chaos. We'd deserve it if you smited us but please don't please spare us".

Like dog just hire a dominatrix already and keep your weird religious degradation kink to yourself.

Ugh.
Which red flag number is this?
Between the Evangelical Republicans wanting to "save" us and the Heritage Foundation trying to destroy democracy with Project 2025, why on earth would anyone would anyone vote Republican?
You'd have to be a religious nutjob or a dolt.

There's no end to the freaks out there. He's a weak pathetic man. Not the kind of person you want leading anything.

The part I always find the weirdest is the "oh please God we have been so bad. We are such mega sinners and horrible people and our country is terrible and full of immoral chaos. We'd deserve it if you smited us but please don't please spare us".

Like dog just hire a dominatrix already and keep your weird religious degradation kink to yourself.

What angers me is the need or desire to make praying so public!

I've studied some bible, Jesus said very little about prayer, but one thing he did stress is that you never pray in public, that you be alone with God...

And...he gave the world ONE prayer. One. 56 words. It begins "Our father....."

The best part is what American Christians and their hate for gays and transsexuals seem always to forget....."forgive US, AS WE forgive those who trespass against us...."

I don't see much forgiving in the American Christian movement. I see a lot of bigotry, a lot of hate, a lot of resentment, and a lot of superiority. The Jesus I was taught took a ****ing whip to people like that!

Ugh.
Which red flag number is this?
Between the Evangelical Republicans wanting to "save" us and the Heritage Foundation trying to destroy democracy with Project 2025, why on earth would anyone would anyone vote Republican?
You'd have to be a religious nutjob or a dolt.

Actually...

If you take a look at what's happening politically and the civil war that's brewing, why would any God bless anything?

They're fighting in his name in the middle east while destroying the planet.

Save?

If there was a god he would have given up a long time ago

What angers me is the need or desire to make praying so public!

I've studied some bible, Jesus said very little about prayer, but one thing he did stress is that you never pray in public, that you be alone with God...
In your innermost room, and close the door...
I'm convinced that was about meditation, not supplication.
And...he gave the world ONE prayer. One. 56 words. It begins "Our father....."
And that one prayer is mistranslated. In the original Greek it said, "Give us this day our supersubstantial bread..."
Presumably that made no sense to the monk or whoever translated it so he wrote 'daily' instead. Thing is, the concept was so important that the word 'supersubstantial' (epiousion) was created to express it.

The best part is what American Christians and their hate for gays and transsexuals seem always to forget....."forgive US, AS WE forgive those who trespass against us...."

I don't see much forgiving in the American Christian movement. I see a lot of bigotry, a lot of hate, a lot of resentment, and a lot of superiority. The Jesus I was taught took a ****ing whip to people like that!

You would've been shaking at George Washington's inauguration then.
Nearly every founding father was far more secular and supported much more separation of church and state than this piece of shit does. They would be devastated to know that hundreds of years later there would still be idiots calling for the US to be a Christian nation and to tear down the walls they put up.

I wonder if Johnson gave his permission for this video to go public. 🤷‍♀️

In your innermost room, and close the door...
I'm convinced that was about meditation, not supplication.

And that one prayer is mistranslated. In the original Greek it said, "Give us this day our supersubstantial bread..."
Presumably that made no sense to the monk or whoever translated it so he wrote 'daily' instead. Thing is, the concept was so important that the word 'supersubstantial' (epiousion) was created to express it.

Yeah, yeah

You Say.

Look, I've heard it all. And it's all bullshit start to finish. There was never a Jesus. There was never a crucifixion, no flood, no Adam, no Eve and certainly no ****ing boat.

It's all a fiction.

And even if not, do you really want to follow a god who makes bets with satan while torturing god's greatest follower, Job? This is a god who calmly wiped out over a million Egyptians at the word of some Jews. He didn't make it too muddy for them to cross, he didn't send a sand storm to they would get lost, he slaughtered every ****ing one of them!

Which one of Noah's sons was the Eskimo? Samoan? Black?

The story is all bullshit.

You would've been shaking at George Washington's inauguration then.
Did George Washington belong to a religion that wanted everyone to be a very specific kind of Christian?

Read up about evangelical Christians if you want more info. Johnson is an evangelical Christian.

I wonder if Johnson gave his permission for this video to go public. 🤷‍♀️

Mr. Johnson is not only a public figure, but a historied public figure who has a history of putting his faith face in whatever camera he can find.

Mr. Johnson can take all the legal action in the world. And I can say ANYTHING about him, ANYTHING, and he is powerless to stop me.

Unlike celebrities, politicians are given no quarter for privacy as they seek the limelight in both their professional and PERSONAL lives as Mr. Johnson is doing in this very public VIDEO he knew as being recorded!

With that, Mr. Johnson is accorded no status in matters of 'privacy".

On top of that, Mr. Johnson is so obnoxious about his faith that no court would take seriously that he felt he had ANY claim to privacy in that matter.

The Price of religious fame. Pray in public, get ridiculed in public...fair's fair.

Did George Washington belong to a religion that wanted everyone to be a very specific kind of Christian?

Read up about evangelical Christians if you want more info. Johnson is an evangelical Christian.

I thought the problem was "blurring the line" between church and state no matter what type of Christian......

I thought the problem was "blurring the line" between church and state no matter what type of Christian......
No, that's not the only problem. Read up about evangelical Christians. Have a good one.

You clearly don't.
He's talking about our country, the one where he is two heartbeats away from the Presidency.
He's praying about our country. Whether he is doing it publicly or privately makes all the difference. Unless you're trying to forbid him from praying privately, you're barking up the wrong tree.

I wish to know if he gave his permission to have the video go public. If he did, I echo the sentiment shared by the O/P.

Nearly every founding father was far more secular and supported much more separation of church and state than this piece of shit does. They would be devastated to know that hundreds of years later there would still be idiots calling for the US to be a Christian nation and to tear down the walls they put up.

Actually, I think the government is way more secular now. We'd never use the Capitol Building for church nowadays. We'd never have Congress review and approve the printing of a Bible. We don't recite scripture or say prayers in public schools.

No, that's not the only problem. Read up about evangelical Christians. Have a good one.

Nah. I'm well-versed in the topic. Thanks, though. :)

Mr. Johnson is not only a public figure, but a historied public figure who has a history of putting his faith face in whatever camera he can find.

Mr. Johnson can take all the legal action in the world. And I can say ANYTHING about him, ANYTHING, and he is powerless to stop me.

Unlike celebrities, politicians are given no quarter for privacy as they seek the limelight in both their professional and PERSONAL lives as Mr. Johnson is doing in this very public VIDEO he knew as being recorded!

With that, Mr. Johnson is accorded no status in matters of 'privacy".

On top of that, Mr. Johnson is so obnoxious about his faith that no court would take seriously that he felt he had ANY claim to privacy in that matter.

The Price of religious fame. Pray in public, get ridiculed in public...fair's fair.

Is it okay if he prays privately? I hope we can agree. Going public is an entirely different matter and I am wondering if he knew his praying was going to be posted in a tweet to X.

You clearly don't.

He's praying about our country. Whether he is doing it publicly or privately makes all the difference. Unless you're trying to forbid him from praying privately, you're barking up the wrong tree.

I wish to know if he gave his permission to have the video go public. If he did, I echo the sentiment shared by the O/P.
Trust me, if you have a family member that is LBGQT or was raped and needed an abortion, he would give two shits about their personal privacy. He thinks he's doing God's work, but it's a very specific kind of God's work. That's why this matters.

Back
Top Bottom