• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Glenn Beck Boycott Gaining Traction - FOX News Losing Money

then why are insured using the ER's for routine services? Keep spinning and ignoring reality. You are an example of what is wrong with this country in that you cannot admit that you just could be wrong in addition to the fact that you cannot explain how this bill lowers healthcare costs and improves quality?

The quotes apply in that they address the liberal argument that it is the role of the govt. to provide healthcare to all citizens and have the ability to tax people to generate that healthcare.

For many reasons, but not a lack of doctors. Hours doctors run might be one reason. And laziness on the person's part to not do what they should do. But the insured using the er are less a problem than the uninsured. They have a payer.

You should quit arguing with your mythical stereotypical liberal and argue with me. You don't have my argument right yet. ;)

For many reasons, but not a lack of doctors. Hours doctors run might be one reason. And laziness on the person's part to not do what they should do. But the insured using the er are less a problem than the uninsured. They have a payer.

You should quit arguing with your mythical stereotypical liberal and argue with me. You don't have my argument right yet. ;)

It seems to be a waste of time pointing out facts to you as you counter with your personal opinion. Now people who use the ER's are lazy but of course in your world it has nothing to do with the lack of doctors that in spite of what is posted doesn't exist in your world. I am still waiting for the breakdown of those uninsured using the ER's. Try doing that and put them into three categories, illegals, truly uninsured, and insured. Get back to us with the results.

It seems to be a waste of time pointing out facts to you as you counter with your personal opinion. Now people who use the ER's are lazy but of course in your world it has nothing to do with the lack of doctors that in spite of what is posted doesn't exist in your world. I am still waiting for the breakdown of those uninsured using the ER's. Try doing that and put them into three categories, illegals, truly uninsured, and insured. Get back to us with the results.

It would be nice if you did provide some facts, meaningful facts. If you have a break down please present it.

It would be nice if you did provide some facts, meaningful facts. If you have a break down please present it.

I have given you verifiable reports on the doctor shortage as well as the insured using the ER's yet you ignore those facts to counter with words like possibly and other opinions. You don't know if you are right but are willing to spend trillions to find out.

I sent you a report on the MA "experiment" and rise in emergency room service there after implementation of universal healthcare. That proves without a doubt that healthcare insurance has nothing to do with lowering costs because people are going to continue to use high priced ER's and put added burden on the system.

I have given you verifiable reports on the doctor shortage as well as the insured using the ER's yet you ignore those facts to counter with words like possibly and other opinions. You don't know if you are right but are willing to spend trillions to find out.

I sent you a report on the MA "experiment" and rise in emergency room service there after implementation of universal healthcare. That proves without a doubt that healthcare insurance has nothing to do with lowering costs because people are going to continue to use high priced ER's and put added burden on the system.

Again, noting there is a shortage, to which I don't dispute, is not the same as reaching the conclusion you reach about it. There has been a shortage of nurse on and off for as long as I've been alive, yet we continue. The same is true with doctors. And again, as I have shown you, the Bill does make an attempt to address this. More can be done, and we should encourage more be done, but the sky is not falling.

Again, noting there is a shortage, to which I don't dispute, is not the same as reaching the conclusion you reach about it. There has been a shortage of nurse on and off for as long as I've been alive, yet we continue. The same is true with doctors. And again, as I have shown you, the Bill does make an attempt to address this. More can be done, and we should encourage more be done, but the sky is not falling.

Yes, the sky is falling, the debt being created is unsustainable and has us on the road to inflation like you have never seen before. This POS legislation adds to the deficit and the debt which isn't even factored into the current 12.7 trillion dollar debt we have today and all those IOU's in SS and Medicare now.

Nothing in this bill generates the necessary doctors or hospitals to service the 30 million additional people being added thus it doesn't improve the quality of healthcare, R&D on new drugs and treatment, or lower costs of healthcare.

Yes, the sky is falling, the debt being created is unsustainable and has us on the road to inflation like you have never seen before. This POS legislation adds to the deficit and the debt which isn't even factored into the current 12.7 trillion dollar debt we have today and all those IOU's in SS and Medicare now.

Nothing in this bill generates the necessary doctors or hospitals to service the 30 million additional people being added thus it doesn't improve the quality of healthcare, R&D on new drugs and treatment, or lower costs of healthcare.

The debt has been here a while now. I even remember republicans arguing under Bush that it wasn't important. I think it is important, but it doesn't prevent us from tackling problems any more than it prevented us from fighting two needless wars.

And before all is said and done, it may help the deficit. Too early to know for sure yet, though I wouldn't count on it without changes. A single payer or even a public option would have done more.

The debt has been here a while now. I even remember republicans arguing under Bush that it wasn't important.

"Reagan proved deficits don't matter."

-Dick Cheney

The debt has been here a while now. I even remember republicans arguing under Bush that it wasn't important. I think it is important, but it doesn't prevent us from tackling problems any more than it prevented us from fighting two needless wars.

And before all is said and done, it may help the deficit. Too early to know for sure yet, though I wouldn't count on it without changes. A single payer or even a public option would have done more.

Obama debt is projected to by 90% of GDP. Apparently you believe that is sustainable. Only a liberal believes that a bureaucrat in D.C. can do a better job handling a local social problem that the local communities and charities.

"Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the government."
--James Madison

• "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
-- Benjamin Franklin

• "If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one...."
-- James Madison, letter to Edmund Pendleton, January 21, 1792

Apparently this doctor disagrees with you. You need to explain the benefits of the program to him.

Obama health care supporters: Florida doctor tells Obama health care supporters to go elsewhere - OrlandoSentinel.com

I know. I remember well.

So everything that Cheney says is true? Hmmm, interesting. By the way what was the debt that Reagan generated during his term compared to what Obama has generated in 1 1/4 years? What percentage of GDP was the Reagan Debt compared to the Obama debt and projections?

I suggest you also check the growth in GDP during the Reagan years vs. Obama. So if you are going to compare results, then compare all results not just selective results.

Apparently this doctor disagrees with you. You need to explain the benefits of the program to him.

Obama health care supporters: Florida doctor tells Obama health care supporters to go elsewhere - OrlandoSentinel.com

Ever hear the term overgeneralizing? One opinion can be used if backed by statistic that show it part of the whole. Without that, one cannot represent the whole.

Also, this doctor makes no logical argument. He only childishly shows his disapproval of Obama.

So everything that Cheney says is true? Hmmm, interesting. By the way what was the debt that Reagan generated during his term compared to what Obama has generated in 1 1/4 years? What percentage of GDP was the Reagan Debt compared to the Obama debt and projections?

I suggest you also check the growth in GDP during the Reagan years vs. Obama. So if you are going to compare results, then compare all results not just selective results.

Making leaps. The thing is some republicans argued something very different under Bush. Not claiming they were right, only that they made the argument.

As for comparison, I'll do that after Obama has been in office as long as Reagan. :mrgreen:;)

Ever hear the term overgeneralizing? One opinion can be used if backed by statistic that show it part of the whole. Without that, one cannot represent the whole.

Also, this doctor makes no logical argument. He only childishly shows his disapproval of Obama.

Yet you had no problem posting a doctor's opinion that he would get more business. Your post accurate and mine wrong, got it!

You and the rest of the Obamacare supporters are jokes, IN the face of logic, common sense, and actual facts you distort again to your opinions and simple hope.

Yet you had no problem posting a doctor's opinion that he would get more business. Your post accurate and mine wrong, got it!

You and the rest of the Obamacare supporters are jokes, IN the face of logic, common sense, and actual facts you distort again to your opinions and simple hope.

Yes, with statistics and law that back it, just as I suggested from you. His opinion isn't standing alone.

Making leaps. The thing is some republicans argued something very different under Bush. Not claiming they were right, only that they made the argument.

As for comparison, I'll do that after Obama has been in office as long as Reagan. :mrgreen:;)

The difference continues to be your lack of understanding of debt and how it is created. what affect did 9/11 have on the debt that Bush created? How about the Democrat take over of Congress? How about the recession that started after that take over?

If Obama is in office 8 years and continues to create the debt he is creating it will be too late for you to have outrage, just like if this Obama care legislation is the failure I belive it will be.

what affect did 9/11 have on the debt that Bush created?

Hey, this is awesome - after whining about everyone blaming Bush for the debt instead of Obama, he blames 9/11 instead of Bush!

The difference continues to be your lack of understanding of debt and how it is created. what affect did 9/11 have on the debt that Bush created? How about the Democrat take over of Congress? How about the recession that started after that take over?

If Obama is in office 8 years and continues to create the debt he is creating it will be too late for you to have outrage, just like if this Obama care legislation is the failure I belive it will be.

I understand debt. Perfectly. And no, you can't excuse Bush. He invented increased spending and tax cuts, a moronic policy. He shares the blame.

And the recession was on the way before the take over, You're now committing a CAUsal relationship error.

Yes, with statistics and law that back it, just as I suggested from you. His opinion isn't standing alone.

So where are the statistics that back up the doctor you cited? There are millions on each side of this issue yet there is only one side asking you to consider what happens if you are wrong. His position isn't standing alone nor is the opinion of the doctor I posted.

Only in the liberal world is adding another entitlement program to Medicare, Medicaid, and the SCHIP program cost effective and going to improve quality and quantity of healthcare. That is a naive, gullible, and dangerous point of view.

I understand debt. Perfectly. And no, you can't excuse Bush. He invented increased spending and tax cuts, a moronic policy. He shares the blame.

And the recession was on the way before the take over, You're now committing a CAUsal relationship error.

Now there you go again using the liberal rhetoric that tax cuts caused debt. That is idiotic and flies in the face of actual facts. Tax cuts according to BEA.gov generated additional govt. revenue therefore it is a lie that tax cuts caused debt. Spending causes debt and has nothing to do with the tax cuts. What an idiotic argument!

As for the recession on the way before the Congressional takeover, prove it. BEA.gov, BLS.gov paint a different picture and both are non partisan which you aren't.

So where are the statistics that back up the doctor you cited? There are millions on each side of this issue yet there is only one side asking you to consider what happens if you are wrong. His position isn't standing alone nor is the opinion of the doctor I posted.

Only in the liberal world is adding another entitlement program to Medicare, Medicaid, and the SCHIP program cost effective and going to improve quality and quantity of healthcare. That is a naive, gullible, and dangerous point of view.

Yes. How many patients are seen; what's in the law. How it changes what he is doing. It wasn't just him spouting his opinion.

BTW, what do you see as another program? I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Yes. How many patients are seen; what's in the law. How it changes what he is doing. It wasn't just him spouting his opinion.

BTW, what do you see as another program? I'm not sure what you're talking about.

What I see is another entitlement program that adds 30 million people to the healthcare roles but does nothing to address the doctor and hospital shortage we have in this country. It does nothing to address the overuse of the ER's in this country and does nothing to improve quality. It will as usual cost more than intended, do less than intended, never solve the problem, and never go away.

What I see is another entitlement program that adds 30 million people to the healthcare roles but does nothing to address the doctor and hospital shortage we have in this country. It does nothing to address the overuse of the ER's in this country and does nothing to improve quality. It will as usual cost more than intended, do less than intended, never solve the problem, and never go away.

Adding to an existing program. Not creating a new one. Right?

Adding to an existing program. Not creating a new one. Right?

Adding to what existing program? Medicare is being cut to pay for this POS, States are being hit with higher Medicaid costs, and 30 million people are going to be covered, many of whom have pre-existing conditions which is going to drive up costs. This is a new POS legislation that takes us one step to that utopia that doesn't exist anywhere in the world but because of liberal arrogance is projected to occur here.

Where are people like you going to accept the fact that people are going to die, that people abuse their bodies, that some people hate personal responsibility and yet you and others want to continue to social engineer and create more dependence on taxpayer dollars forcing the taxpayer to fund healthcare for people that don't deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom