• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Federalist Papers by ‘Publius’ (1788)

I have the comedy channel on cable if I want to hear lame one liners, so I think we're done here.

Good - best thing you've contributed to this forum ...

Go troll someone else, you don't know jack **** about my world view.

Quote Originally Posted by WCH:

Of course the third world dregs are breeding like rabbits.

That gives us all a pretty damn good idea of your "World View".

It stops dead at the three-mile offshore limit ...

Poland doesn't dislike accepting migrants, they dislike accepting refugees. Sure there is plenty to debate with Poland, but a migrant is a worker who moves from place to place to do seasonal work.

The poles ARE migrants. I've employed them in France. (Which is why the president of France was in Poland today in order to assure they pay their taxes where and when they work in France.)

The migrants in question, however, are not the Poles, but the massive arrival of Muslims from Syria. Poland refused to accept them. The rest of Europe had to take up the slack. Why?

Because the head of the party governing Poland (Jarosław Kaczyński) is the twin-brother of the dead ex Polish head of government who died in a plane crash. And, of course, his brother has blamed the crash on the machination of "opposition forces".

He's a first class Rightist dork. From the Guardian here -
Democracy is under threat in Poland, the European Union’s sixth-largest member state. Just two months after the nationalist Law and Justice (PiS) party won parliamentary elections and took over government, this is a view shared by more than half of the Polish people (56%).

On Monday, despite protests from the European commission and tens of thousands of Poles who have taken to the streets in recent weeks, the Polish president, Andrzej Duda, signed into law a controversial bill undermining the ability of Poland’s judiciary to effectively maintain checks on parliament.

Rebuttal, please ...

The poles ARE migrants. I've employed them in France. (Which is why the president of France was in Poland today in order to assure they pay their taxes where and when they work in France.)

The migrants in question, however, are not the Poles, but the massive arrival of Muslims from Syria. Poland refused to accept them. The rest of Europe had to take up the slack. Why?

Because the head of the party governing Poland (Jarosław Kaczyński) is the twin-brother of the dead ex Polish head of government who died in a plane crash. And, of course, his brother has blamed the crash on the machination of "opposition forces".

He's a first class Rightist dork. From the Guardian here -

Rebuttal, please ...

I'm waiting for you to rebut my point that as you've identified, the arrivals are refugees (you are avoiding that word) and not migrants. I even provided you the definition of migrant. Your point about hiring a few Poles has nothing to do with the point of this tangent you've taken us on.

...but the massive arrival of Muslims from Syria. Poland refused to accept them.
What is the underlying principle that mandates any nation to accept refugees, especially when it is undeniable that a large influx of refugees has a negative effect on the economy, culture and safety of a society?

What is the underlying principle that mandates any nation to accept refugees, especially when it is undeniable that a large influx of refugees has a negative effect on the economy, culture and safety of a society?

It is called "respect for humanity", or the quality of being "humane"

But I am sure you have no understanding whatsoever of the word ...

I'm waiting for you to rebut my point that as you've identified, the arrivals are refugees (you are avoiding that word) and not migrants. I even provided you the definition of migrant. Your point about hiring a few Poles has nothing to do with the point of this tangent you've taken us on.

Migrants and refugees are both the same in nature - they are fleeing either poverty or war. Regardless, the difference is irrelevant.

I don't expect you, however, to know one from the other - they are all "human trash" to you.

But not to countries like Germany who actually put them to work because of an ageing population that needs them. Ditto the US, but at the moment, the Yanks are disregarding their need for warm bodies working for a pittance.

Funny, that. Who do they think is going to pick up their garbage?

Huh, who ... ?

Migrants and refugees are both the same in nature - they are fleeing either poverty or war. Regardless, the difference is irrelevant.

I don't expect you, however, to know one from the other - they are all "human trash" to you.

But not to countries like Germany who actually put them to work because of an ageing population that needs them. Ditto the US, but at the moment, the Yanks are disregarding their need for warm bodies working for a pittance.

Funny, that. Who do they think is going to pick up their garbage?

Huh, who ... ?

I call BS, migrants are not the same in nature. A migrant is a seasonal worker, a refugee is forced to flee due to persecution, war or violence. I don't expect you to understand the difference because you don't care that there is a difference. Words have meaning, although this demonstrates that you don't have a strong grasp of them. As for what you accuse me of, I call BS on that too. You know nothing about me and your opinion is offensive on many levels and I don't consider anyone to be human trash, including reluctantly, the OP.

Please try to stick to 1 topic at a time, you keep digging into your bag of BS to toss against the wall in the hopes that something sticks. The EC isn't changing and no amount of pouting is going to make it change. Please try to be more accurate so that people don't have to keep correcting you when you go off topic with some random opinion. And learn how to use a dictionary, English preferably given the site we are on.

Piffle 'n drivel.

M r a ...

Sorry I wasn't paying attention anymore. "Is too!" gets boring pretty quickly.

Piffle and drivel.... yes I agree, that is a good description of most of your posts.

Just as I am sure that your understanding of any and everything is based on little more than smugness that you are attempting to pass as knowledge.

Or wisdom by the Poles. One doesn't hear stories about Muslims running over pedestrians, or machine gunning concerts, or randomly stabbing people in the streets in Poland.

Just as I am sure that your understanding of any and everything is based on little more than smugness that you are attempting to pass as knowledge.

Inane rant.

M r a ...

Sorry I wasn't paying attention anymore. "Is too!" gets boring pretty quickly.

Piffle and drivel.... yes I agree, that is a good description of most of your posts.

Inane rant.

M r a ...

Words have meaning, although this demonstrates that you don't have a strong grasp of them..

Definition of "migrant" = a person who moves from one place to another in order to find work or better living conditions.
Synonyms: immigrant, emigrant, incomer, newcomer, asylum seeker, settler, expatriate, expat, exile; nomad, itinerant, gypsy, traveller, vagrant, transient, rover, wayfarer, wanderer, drifter, displaced person.

The definition is very broad. It also applies to two different groupings:
*Those with a right to entry and permanence in a foreign country. Which depends upon their purpose and whether they were authorized to enter and thus their status.
*But it also means that even YOU can migrate from one state to another in the US to live and work. It is not JUST an appellation for foreigners. So, further distinctions must be made.

Those with permanent resident-status* within a country, and those without ...

*For the European Union, that status looks like this (and it contains both of the above definitions) in terms of the numbers.

Last edited:
Yes, you do that quite a bit, for the same reasons I mentioned before.

Just what am I supposed to say to an inane whopper of a one-liner sarcasm that went like this: "Just as I am sure that your understanding of any and everything is based on little more than smugness that you are attempting to pass as knowledge."

If my response gets up your left nostril, so much the better ...

Just what am I supposed to say to an inane whopper of a one-liner sarcasm that went like this: "Just as I am sure that your understanding of any and everything is based on little more than smugness that you are attempting to pass as knowledge."
The same thing I was supposed to say to your moronic comment about my understanding of "humane"

Of course you are. I would not expect anything less from you.

Well, the surprise was a brief, but pleasant one followed by your immediate return to normal.

CONTRAPTION

The US is the prime-country in which advertizing is employed to manipulate human intent.

And that happens whether the product advertised is chewing gum, a Cadilllac or the presidency.

However, the presidency is NOT a "consumer product", except when a people allow it to be treated like one.

Which is what America's democracy is at the moment - and will continue to be for as long as we do not rid ourselves of an outdated and misused contraption called the Electoral College ...

Ah-ha! So advertising is not employed in any political campaigns outside of the Federal Presidential Campaign! Wow! This explains everything! EVERYTHING!

Eliminate the Electoral College and we will no longer suffer through campaign ads.

Your grasp of the use of advertising and its connection to the Electoral College is revolutionary and unique!

Back
Top Bottom