• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Fascist IPCC Now Wants to Make Everyone Vegan to "Prevent" Climate Change

Youre delusional. I already explained to you more than once why the IPCC is influential because of Euro stupidity. Seems you need to take remedial reading comprehension classes.

More biased nonsense on your ridiculous idea that the IPCC influences our entire decision making on global warming. European countries have their own scientific institutions on which we make our decision, not on the IPCC influence. We are making decisions on actual treaties, the Kyoto protocol, the Paris accord and not on the IPCC reports/opinions.

That you are too stubborn to realize that is your issue, as is your inability to make a cogent position without the need for petty insults about me personally is another reason you will never make a convincing position. You clearly overstate the influence of the IPCC to the level of ridiculousness. No sane person would claim a scientific report about ideas that could make countries achieve their own chosen climate goals as fascist. Your entire premise was flawed for the first post you wrote and that remains the case throughout the discussion.

As I understand it, the preference is to slow the rate of human caused warming. Meanwhile, the development of alternative energy sources could resolve the problem.

The rate of warming is currently modest and well within natural variability. Its benefits so far greatly outweigh its penalties.

I agree alternative energy sources need to be developed but that isn't really a pressing emergency. Current renewable technologies are a practical and economic cul de sac sadly

You think you know the earth is billions of years old but you could not prove that if your life depended on it. Bad scientific assumptions and conclusions and you suck it up like life-giving water. Is there any clue the old delusional story lines are false? Of course there are clues. The earth's decreasing rate of rotation is a clue. C14 in diamonds, coal and oil is a clue. the moon's young recession from the earth is a clue. The lack of large amounts of sediments in the ocean ism a clue. The fact that 10 year old rocks from the Mt. St. Helens eruption have tested at millions of years old is a clue. The fact of non-fossilized soft tissues in dinosaur bones is a clue. The fact that dinosaur bones have been age tested with results of less than 40,000 years is a clue.

And there is more.

I guess that you guys really do exist. FFS I thought that young Earthers was just a joke. :lamo

The rate of warming is currently modest and well within natural variability...

This is simply wrong.

There is no evidence of global temperature previously changing by a degree Celsius in less than a century. Indeed, the current rate of warming seems to be quite extraordinary according to temperature proxies. Even the most rapid warming at the start of the current interglacial period seems to have been no more than about 0.2 C per century.

This is simply wrong.

There is no evidence of global temperature previously changing by a degree Celsius in less than a century. Indeed, the current rate of warming seems to be quite extraordinary according to temperature proxies. Even the most rapid warming at the start of the current interglacial period seems to have been no more than about 0.2 C per century.

This interactive map shows differently

http://pages.science-skeptical.de/MWP/MedievalWarmPeriod.htmx

I guess that you guys really do exist. FFS I thought that young Earthers was just a joke. :lamo

The joke is on those who blindly accept old earth assumptions they can never prove while lacking the motivation to look at scientific evidences which contradict those old earth theories. Take dinosaur bones with soft tissues, for example. How old are they? Tens of millions of years? Hardly. Science has known for decades that soft tissues cannot last that long. How about testing them for age? No, secular humanists opposed to young earth evidences claim you cannot test the bones for age because they are so old. Wrong. Dinosaur bones have been tested for age and they are nowhere near as old as secular humanists keep claiming.

But there is no single global temperature

Alright, if you want to be pedantic: It doesn't indicate the average rate of global temperature increase, which is what we are talking about, and which is indeed unprecedented :roll:

The fact that dinosaur bones have been age tested with results of less than 40,000 years is a clue.

I would be curious to see the evidence of this one.

That is interesting. I see it was specific to an area that likely never had been covered by ice during the ice age.

Now carbon dating has it's inaccuracies, but only by maybe 20% or so in the years. Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't think of anything that would contaminate the isotopes by that much.

Now it's possible also, it was a hoax by scientists.

That is interesting. I see it was specific to an area that likely never had been covered by ice during the ice age.

Now carbon dating has it's inaccuracies, but only by maybe 20% or so in the years. Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't think of anything that would contaminate the isotopes by that much.

You may be missing something.

Of course . . . .

Climate Hustler, Partner At ‘Beyond Meat’ Largest Investor, Al Gore Moves To Profit Big From Anti-Meat Drive

By P Gosselin on 13. August 2019
Well, wouldn’t you know it! There he is again – behind another multi-million-dollar money-making scheme.
Al Gore is standing to rake in millions from a World Resources Institute meat consumption reduction report, one that will certainly help boost profits for the meat substitute manufacturers – in which Gore just happens to be a big stakeholder!

Al Gore has ties to meat consumption reduction report while holding huge stake in substitute meat company. Image: cropped here M4GW.
CNN recently reported here on the just published report from the global research nonprofit World Resources Institute. The 568-page report dubbed “Creating a Sustainable Food Future” recommends, among other actions, eating far less beef in order to rescue the planet.
Gore hack is WRI co-chair
But according to S___ at a thread at Twitter (see below), the WRI’s Co-Chair is David Blood. “David Blood is former Goldman Sachs’ Asset Management head who founded Generation Investment Management with Al Gore, yes that Al Gore,” S___writes under point no. 3.
S____@_S70DD

1) So I was curious why there was this sudden push to cut meat, particularly beef consumption, it seemed to come out of nowhere, so I did a little research, a thread: https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1157607331103944704 …
CNN
@CNN

Americans will need to cut their beef consumption by about 40% and Europeans by 22% for the world to continue to feed everyone in the next 30 years, according to a new report. [url]https://cnn.it/2yBUP0S

[/URL]So the report is now looking more and more like a junk-science-based instrument designed to boost the plant-based substitute meat industry, which include major companies such as Beyond Meat.
Kleiner Perkins: biggest Beyond Meat investor
Generation Investment Management is connected to Kleiner Perkins, where former Vice President Al Gore is one of its partners and advisors.
Who’s Kleiner Perkins? It turns out they are Beyond Meat’s biggest investor, according to bizjournals.com here. Beyond Meat is a Los Angeles-based producer of plant-based meat substitutes founded in 2009 by Ethan Brown. The company went public in May and just weeks later the more than quadrupled in there value.
Yes, Al Gore, partner and advisor to Kleiner Perkins, Beyond Meat’s big investor, stands to haul in millions, should governments move to restrict real meat consumption and force citizens to swallow the dubious substitutes and fakes.
If taken seriously, the World Research Institute Report, backed by Gore hacks, will help move the transition over to substitute meats far more quickly.
According to S___:
All these “We need to cut beef consumption to save the planet” stories originate from the World Resources Institute whose co-chair is a partner in the firm that collaborates w/ the main investor in @BeyondMeat and his co-founder is a partner in the main investor.”
Another dubious money making scheme that reeks of ethics violations and that needs to be investigated.

Of course . . . .

Climate Hustler, Partner At ‘Beyond Meat’ Largest Investor, Al Gore Moves To Profit Big From Anti-Meat Drive

By P Gosselin on 13. August 2019
Well, wouldn’t you know it! There he is again – behind another multi-million-dollar money-making scheme.
Al Gore is standing to rake in millions from a World Resources Institute meat consumption reduction report, one that will certainly help boost profits for the meat substitute manufacturers – in which Gore just happens to be a big stakeholder!

Al Gore has ties to meat consumption reduction report while holding huge stake in substitute meat company. Image: cropped here M4GW.
CNN recently reported here on the just published report from the global research nonprofit World Resources Institute. The 568-page report dubbed “Creating a Sustainable Food Future” recommends, among other actions, eating far less beef in order to rescue the planet.
Gore hack is WRI co-chair
But according to S___ at a thread at Twitter (see below), the WRI’s Co-Chair is David Blood. “David Blood is former Goldman Sachs’ Asset Management head who founded Generation Investment Management with Al Gore, yes that Al Gore,” S___writes under point no. 3.
S____@_S70DD

1) So I was curious why there was this sudden push to cut meat, particularly beef consumption, it seemed to come out of nowhere, so I did a little research, a thread: https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1157607331103944704 …
CNN
[emoji818]@CNN

Americans will need to cut their beef consumption by about 40% and Europeans by 22% for the world to continue to feed everyone in the next 30 years, according to a new report. [url]https://cnn.it/2yBUP0S

[/URL]So the report is now looking more and more like a junk-science-based instrument designed to boost the plant-based substitute meat industry, which include major companies such as Beyond Meat.
Kleiner Perkins: biggest Beyond Meat investor
Generation Investment Management is connected to Kleiner Perkins, where former Vice President Al Gore is one of its partners and advisors.
Who’s Kleiner Perkins? It turns out they are Beyond Meat’s biggest investor, according to bizjournals.com here. Beyond Meat is a Los Angeles-based producer of plant-based meat substitutes founded in 2009 by Ethan Brown. The company went public in May and just weeks later the more than quadrupled in there value.
Yes, Al Gore, partner and advisor to Kleiner Perkins, Beyond Meat’s big investor, stands to haul in millions, should governments move to restrict real meat consumption and force citizens to swallow the dubious substitutes and fakes.
If taken seriously, the World Research Institute Report, backed by Gore hacks, will help move the transition over to substitute meats far more quickly.
According to S___:
All these “We need to cut beef consumption to save the planet” stories originate from the World Resources Institute whose co-chair is a partner in the firm that collaborates w/ the main investor in @BeyondMeat and his co-founder is a partner in the main investor.”
Another dubious money making scheme that reeks of ethics violations and that needs to be investigated.

Oh look a blog

Creationist hoax, actually.

The rate of warming is currently modest and well within natural variability. Its benefits so far greatly outweigh its penalties.

I agree alternative energy sources need to be developed but that isn't really a pressing emergency. Current renewable technologies are a practical and economic cul de sac sadly

It seems that much of the world disagrees with your analysis, defensible tho it may be. When I looked at oil company websites, I found that they seem to accept the science as well. A while ago I searched Science and Scientific American for articles on the topic. I couldn't find any representing skeptics' point of view. I also presume that people with different views could be called before Congress to challenge the theory or might have gone to Kyoto or Paris. Sadly, the skeptics' arguments seem to be associated with Trump's Chinese fraud comment or Inhoff's snowball, which may also have ironically harmed intelligent debate rather than advanced it.

It end to believe that conservatives, who don't like government inteference with markets or industry, will be naturally skeptical with theories that seem to mandate such action. Liberals, on the other hand, tend to associate skeptics with those who denied the harm tobacco or smog cause. And of course, they don't mind regulation of business as much.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[h=1]Goldsmiths College, University of London Bans Cafeteria Beef to Stop Climate Change[/h][FONT=&quot]Guest essay by Eric Worrall h/t Grant; Indoctrinating the kids… Goldsmiths bans beef from university cafes to tackle climate crisis Amy WalkerTue 13 Aug 2019 00.51 AEST … Goldsmiths, University of London, is also attempting to phase out single-use plastics and installing more panels to power its buildings in New Cross, as part of a move…
Continue reading →
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[h=1]Goldsmiths College, University of London Bans Cafeteria Beef to Stop Climate Change[/h][FONT=&quot]Guest essay by Eric Worrall h/t Grant; Indoctrinating the kids… Goldsmiths bans beef from university cafes to tackle climate crisis Amy WalkerTue 13 Aug 2019 00.51 AEST … Goldsmiths, University of London, is also attempting to phase out single-use plastics and installing more panels to power its buildings in New Cross, as part of a move…
Continue reading →
[/FONT]

Oh look a blog

Oh look a blog

Citing The Guardian.

Goldsmiths bans beef from university cafes to tackle climate crisis
Amy Walker
Tue 13 Aug 2019 00.51 AEST

Goldsmiths, University of London, is also attempting to phase out single-use plastics and installing more panels to power its buildings in New Cross, as part of a move to become carbon neutral by 2025.
Beef products will no longer be available in the institution’s cafes and shops when the academic year begins in September, while an additional 10p levy will be added to the sale of bottled water and disposable plastic cups to discourage their use.
Prof Frances Corner, who took up the post of Goldsmiths’ warden this month, said the college would also switch to a completely clean energy supplier when its current contract ends and look into how all students could take curriculum options related to the climate crisis.
A psychology undergraduate, Isabelle Gosse, 20, said she thought the move was “a really good start to being more environmentally friendly”.
She added: “I think it’s a really positive move – Goldsmiths is recognising its own power and accountability in being more environmentally conscious.

“Banning the sale of beef meat on campus, phasing out single-use plastics and the other pledges that the new warden has made highlights the current climate emergency that the world is facing.”

Read more: Goldsmiths bans beef from university cafes to tackle climate crisis | Environment | The Guardian

Creationist hoax, actually.

It could be, but scientists at the same time claim we have sea creatures today that lived back then.

Just call me skeptical on it.

It could be, but scientists at the same time claim we have sea creatures today that lived back then.

Just call me skeptical on it.

Creationists send fossils in to get carbon dated after they have been treated for display. This irrevocably taints the sample.

You can’t carbon date a dinosaur fossil because dinosaur fossils don’t have the relevant carbon isotope anymore. Unless you are a young earth creationist, this is not controversial in any way. If you are a young earth creationist, you never believed in carbon dating to begin with so why are we talking about it?

Creationists send fossils in to get carbon dated after they have been treated for display. This irrevocably taints the sample.

You can’t carbon date a dinosaur fossil because dinosaur fossils don’t have the relevant carbon isotope anymore.

The original abstract alluded to the ‘Great Flood’.

It was clearly not true, but then again, LoP has demonstrated in the past that he will fall for anything.

I mean.. there’s no consensus that dinosaurs went extinct 80 million YBP. I mean- has anyone ever polled every scientist ever?

You can’t carbon date a dinosaur fossil because dinosaur fossils don’t have the relevant carbon isotope anymore. Unless you are a young earth creationist, this is not controversial in any way. If you are a young earth creationist, you never believed in carbon dating to begin with so why are we talking about it?

I get what you are saying. You are starting from the faith that none of these bones could be under 100,000 years old. What if the consensus is wrong?

Now I don't believe these bones are only 35,000 to 40,000 years old either. Your idea of them being tinted has potential to be correct.

I just am not a denier of science like you are. I want to see more research before shutting the door on such a possibility.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom