• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Fascist IPCC Now Wants to Make Everyone Vegan to "Prevent" Climate Change

I'm sure you are right and that there's a lot of things the US and others could learn from the Germans

I seriously doubt the climate efficacy of introducing a meat tax is one of them though :doh

Then you'd be wrong. Taxes have a dissuading effect, and meat consumption is a major cause of greenhouse emissions. Anyway it's not exactly introducing a tax; it's regarding meat as a luxury rather than an essential and taxing it accordingly at the standard VAT rate.

Don't worry, Germans won't starve. If fact, they'll more likely become even healthier as well as helping to reduce greenhouse emissions.

Then you'd be wrong. Taxes have a dissuading effect, and meat consumption is a major cause of greenhouse emissions. Anyway it's not exactly introducing a tax; it's regarding meat as a luxury rather than an essential and taxing it accordingly at the standard VAT rate.

Don't worry, Germans won't starve. If fact, they'll more likely become even healthier as well as helping to reduce greenhouse emissions.

So you can quantify the effect of the Germans becoming vegan will have on global temperature then or is this simply more virtue signalling climate change tokenism like so many other pointless and useless 'measures'?

I don't know about you but I'm a carnivore and would certainly oppose such draconian policies as taxing meat. That's just climate fanaticism gone crazy :roll:

Youre wrong about sports, and now youre wrong about the environment.

The IPCC has a net zero agenda. Eating and producing meat creates lots of carbon, so the only way for countries to achieve a net zero goal is to ban airplane travel and meat. That's what it comes down to in the end, but youre too blind to see it.

:lamo Mr. Anti-Patriots now says more stupid things based on his hatred for the Patriots :lamo

The IPCC has a very complex advise as to how to help save the planet and increase food security. Eating less red meat is just one of the advises, they talk about flexatarian diets and say that stopping food wastage will help secure the food security and help the planet by producing less red meat greenhouse gasses that damages our planet.

The IPCC only gives advice, it is us as consumers and voters to direct our politicians as how many and which advice the IPCC gives we should implement.

What you are doing is the typical right wing bull crap about air travel, red meat and farting cows. That kind of nonsense response is very typical of people who are fundamentally dishonest about what things like the Green Deal and the IPCC advice because they are either trying to make a mockery out of scientific advise or are just so ignorant that they do not believe in the human factor of global warming. If it wasn't so nonsensical it would almost be funny to read the nonsense the enemies of fighting global warming come up with.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[h=1]IPCC Declares a Global Warming Land Use Emergency, But Admits the World is Greening[/h][FONT=&quot]Guest essay by Eric Worrall h/t Dr. Willie Soon; Apparently we face an urgent need to reform land use and human diets, even though satellite measurements prove the world is greening. IPCC climate change report calls for urgent overhaul of food production, land management By environment reporter Nick Kilvert … And changing the way we farm…
Continue reading →
[/FONT]

:lamo Mr. Anti-Patriots now says more stupid things based on his hatred for the Patriots :lamo

The IPCC has a very complex advise as to how to help save the planet and increase food security. Eating less red meat is just one of the advises, they talk about flexatarian diets and say that stopping food wastage will help secure the food security and help the planet by producing less red meat greenhouse gasses that damages our planet.

The IPCC only gives advice, it is us as consumers and voters to direct our politicians as how many and which advice the IPCC gives we should implement.

What you are doing is the typical right wing bull crap about air travel, red meat and farting cows. That kind of nonsense response is very typical of people who are fundamentally dishonest about what things like the Green Deal and the IPCC advice because they are either trying to make a mockery out of scientific advise or are just so ignorant that they do not believe in the human factor of global warming. If it wasn't so nonsensical it would almost be funny to read the nonsense the enemies of fighting global warming come up with.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Firstly Im not right wing. Secondly, world governments listen to IPCC propaganda and then implement them. Its clear youre unaware that many countries in Europe plan to ban fossil fuel cars in a few decades since you live in a naive bubble.

Even Greta Thundberg is traveling by boat to the US and she wants everyone to do the same.

Here is what net zero advocates want.

What steps can the UK take to reach net zero emissions by 2050? | Environment | The Guardian

More wind farms, solar power and electric cars: these are likely to be the future of the UK, under government plans announced this week to seek a zero-carbon economy in the next 30 years.
Some of the less obvious effects could be just as transformative, however, involving innovations such as smart houses and smart roads, widespread changes to the countryside wrought by new tree-planting and new farming practices designed to conserve soils.
There may need to be restrictions, too – in air travel, private transport, new building construction and our food and waste habits.

Try reading up on the subject before you reply next time. It'll make you look less foolish.

We must change food production to save the world, says leaked report | Environment | The Guardian

Yup, these maniacs and their fanatical supporters of climate change pseudo science now want to force everyone to become vegans and bring back swamps! What's next, ban people from farting too?

This is the new fascism of the 21st century.

I think this may be your lamest strawman yet. :3oops:

Using strawman "arguments" is a lazy cowardly tactic, but so transparent it just makes the person using them look incredibly stupid or incredibly dishonest - or both.

What steps can the UK take to reach net zero emissions by 2050? | Environment | The Guardian

Try reading up on the subject before you reply next time. It'll make you look less foolish.

:lamo :2rofll:

Says the person who is looking terribly foolish by posting this article.

You do know that article has nothing to do with the IPCC but with decisions made by the UK government based on their views of the Paris Accords in 2015? The article is about the implementation of the agreement made in Paris. Not something the IPCC has decided for the UK government.

You try to score an easy goal only to have fumbled the ball and the opposing team running into your end zone.

This article may be about net zero emissions and says:

There may need to be restrictions, too – in air travel, private transport, new building construction and our food and waste habits.

And that word is may not will restrict air travel. If the air travel industry works at saving fuel, using bio fuels and maybe even more innovative new inventions, they may never be a need to restrict air travel.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I was talking about the IPCC, which just makes recommendations and DECIDES nothing for nobody. The example you gave was about Paris accords and the UK government, both not being the IPCC.

You do know that article has nothing to do with the IPCC but with decisions made by the UK government based on their views of the Paris Accords in 2015? The article is about the implementation of the agreement made in Paris. Not something the IPCC has decided for the UK government.
I never said that the IPCC decided for the UK. Since English isnt your primary language, let me clarify: when the IPCC makes recommendations, idiots within the EU think its the truth and therefore implement whatever BS they spew into their government laws.

I think this may be your lamest strawman yet. :3oops:

Using strawman "arguments" is a lazy cowardly tactic, but so transparent it just makes the person using them look incredibly stupid or incredibly dishonest - or both.
What strawman have I been using? Foolish people believe everything the IPCC tells them, and these replies are no exception.

I never said that the IPCC decided for the UK. Since English isnt your primary language, let me clarify: when the IPCC makes recommendations, idiots within the EU think its the truth and therefore implement whatever BS they spew into their government laws.

Sure, because the UK does not have a mind of it's own. And this decision was based on the Paris Accords, not on the recommendation of the IPCC but by what the UK thinks is part of the Paris Accords. And the only idiots I see so far live in the US senate/congress and the White House who actively ignore the necessity of taking steps to protect the environment, to save energy, to fully invest in a green energy revolution, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Sure, because the UK does not have a mind of it's own. And this decision was based on the Paris Accords, not on the recommendation of the IPCC but by what the UK thinks is part of the Paris Accords. And the only idiots I see so far live in the US senate/congress and the White House who actively ignore the necessity of taking steps to protect the environment, to save energy, to fully invest in a green energy revolution, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

[h=3]Paris climate promises will reduce temperatures by ... - Bjorn Lomborg[/h]
[url]https://www.lomborg.com/press-release-research-reveals-negligible-impact-of-paris-cli
[/URL]

The climate impact of all Paris INDC promises is minuscule: if we measure the ... of the Soviet Union exceeded the entire promised reductions, leaving the treaty ...

No, they dont. Most European politicians are mindless lemmings.

No, they dont. Most European politicians are mindless lemmings.

Nope, just because you think that does not make it so. The EU might be a juggernaut to maneuver, but these kinds of national decisions are just that, national decisions. This climate change issue is something for national governments to first decide about. They are leading in this issue, not the EU.

And it still does not make the IPCC dictate what countries should decide.

Nope, just because you think that does not make it so. The EU might be a juggernaut to maneuver, but these kinds of national decisions are just that, national decisions. This climate change issue is something for national governments to first decide about. They are leading in this issue, not the EU.

And it still does not make the IPCC dictate what countries should decide.

Another strawman- nobody says the IPCC dictates anything. They promote their cause, and stupid Europeans believe everything they say.

Another strawman- nobody says the IPCC dictates anything. They promote their cause, and stupid Europeans believe everything they say.

Nope, you made a stupid strawman argumentation and got caught.

Also, the EU and it's politicians make up their own minds, just like we Europeans make up our own minds. That you are too obtuse to realize the difference between advice and freedom to choose is your problem. Not the problem of us in Europe.

Nope, you made a stupid strawman argumentation and got caught.

Youre lying again, point out where I wrote that the IPCC can order any government.

Also, the EU and it's politicians make up their own minds,
Ive been saying that for the last several replies already. Its clear you have a reading comprehension problem.

just like we Europeans make up our own minds
European minds arent very smart because they believe everything the IPCC says. Two world wars started in Europe.

Youre lying again, point out where I wrote that the IPCC can order any government.

You started with calling the IPCC fascist.

Then you said because of what they wanted (the IPCC) meat would get banned. Which is you saying that it will be the IPCC who directs the governments to ban meat, or how else did you see that comment of yours working? You made that comment about what the IPCC said/wrote.

Then you stated that the IPCC was to blame for Norway banning gas cars in 2025.

Then you wrote:

The IPCC has a net zero agenda. Eating and producing meat creates lots of carbon, so the only way for countries to achieve a net zero goal is to ban airplane travel and meat. That's what it comes down to in the end, but youre too blind to see it.

Claiming again that all the decisions governments would be making was because of the IPCC.

Then you posted a link to a story about the UK government and their goal of becoming net zero stating that this was the IPCC agenda, where it was not an IPCC idea but the UK making laws so that it would comply with the Paris Accords.

You also wrote, and I quote:

world governments listen to IPCC propaganda and then implement them.

Then you wrote:

when the IPCC makes recommendations, idiots within the EU think its the truth and therefore implement whatever BS they spew into their government laws.

You may say you do not say that the IPCC dictates to the governments but your numerous claims clearly suggest this time and time again.

Ive been saying that for the last several replies already. Its clear you have a reading comprehension problem.

Well and your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired too so we can call that issue "even".

European minds arent very smart because they believe everything the IPCC says. Two world wars started in Europe.

More stupid nonsense, European minds are at least as smart as US minds or any other mind. And also, because you have missed it the last time, we do not believe everything anybody tells us, but as you will never believe that, it is useless telling you that fact.

And tell me, what do the 2 world wars have to do with this issue? After the 2nd world war the US showed the leadership we could have used after WW1 but the president who could have done that, the man with a vision was not allowed to do so (Woodrow Wilson). Not that this makes the 2nd WW the fault of the US. The fault there lies with Germany, France, Italy and the UK.

I'm just saying there is nothing wrong with our climate today that isn't ultimately positive. By all means prove otherwise ? :wink:

And yet every country in the world (except part of the GOP in ours) seems to disagree with you. Strange.

And yet DaVinci, Sartre, Von Braun, Fellini and Einstein came from Europe. Go figure

You started with calling the IPCC fascist.

Yeah, and? Fascists dont have power until idiots start to listen to them and believe them.

Then you said because of what they wanted (the IPCC) meat would get banned. Which is you saying that it will be the IPCC who directs the governments to ban meat, or how else did you see that comment of yours working? You made that comment about what the IPCC said/wrote.
You have terrible reading comprehension. I said that the IPCC wants meat to be banned, and the Europeans are listening to them and going along with it.

Germany weighs taxing meat to help animals and the climate - Vox

Then you stated that the IPCC was to blame for Norway banning gas cars in 2025.
They are. The Norwegians believe the IPCC, and thats why they started making laws to ban gas cars in the near future.

Claiming again that all the decisions governments would be making was because of the IPCC.
Its true- the reason the governments want to ban gas cars and meat is because of what the IPCC is saying. What part of that do you not understand?

You may say you do not say that the IPCC dictates to the governments but your numerous claims clearly suggest this time and time again.
Learn some English, please. I never said the IPCC has the power or can dictate what governments do, they can and do however, make recommendations which the governments follow.

And yet DaVinci, Sartre, Von Braun, Fellini and Einstein came from Europe. Go figure
So?

So what climate would you like to have and why would it be better ?

As I understand it, the preference is to slow the rate of human caused warming. Meanwhile, the development of alternative energy sources could resolve the problem.

So what climate would you like to have and why would it be better ?
Good grief. When are you going to accept that your question has already been answered, over and over again? :roll:

Yeah, and? Fascists dont have power until idiots start to listen to them and believe them.

You have terrible reading comprehension. I said that the IPCC wants meat to be banned, and the Europeans are listening to them and going along with it.

Germany weighs taxing meat to help animals and the climate - Vox

They are. The Norwegians believe the IPCC, and thats why they started making laws to ban gas cars in the near future.

Its true- the reason the governments want to ban gas cars and meat is because of what the IPCC is saying. What part of that do you not understand?

Learn some English, please. I never said the IPCC has the power or can dictate what governments do, they can and do however, make recommendations which the governments follow.

More nonsense with you not owing up to what you wrote but I would not expect anything different. On top of that a stupid insult but hey, that is too par for the course.

Goddamn right wingers flip the **** out over any insinuation that any aspect of their life somehow could have negative consequences. And they call themselves the party of personal responsibility.

"Meat production causes significant greenhouse emissions."

"**** YOU AND YOUR FASCIST FACTS! WAAAHHHHHH DONT TOUCH MY BURGER"

More nonsense with you not owing up to what you wrote but I would not expect anything different. On top of that a stupid insult but hey, that is too par for the course.

Youre delusional. I already explained to you more than once why the IPCC is influential because of Euro stupidity. Seems you need to take remedial reading comprehension classes.

Back
Top Bottom