• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Farce of Religious Freedom

I was discussing the premise of Christianity, and its literal belief in "first humans" only 6000 years ago eating "forbidden fruit". If the premise of a religion is mired in myth, then that means the religion itself is mythical.

And your continual use of dismissive "eyerolls" and "lol's" are not a very good reflection when it comes to the continual exchange of ideas in an intellectual manner.

OM

And I was discussing how genetics is related to sin but it's obvious you want to rule the discussion and have your way...since a discussion takes 2...see ya...:2wave:

The very premise of Christianity involves the belief that a "redeemer" for mankind is required on account of the decisions made by "Adam and Eve". That's no different than punishing all mankind because somebody dared accept fire from Prometheus.

OM

If you take the bible literally it's not all steaks and roses.

God created a garden, forgot he needed someone to mow the lawn. Created Adam. Forgot Adam needed a companion and God needed future lawn mowers. Created Eve. The future lawn mowers weren't working out. Drowned all but 8 and started over. These too didn't work out. Finally decided the only thing left to try was to kill his son. And from that a religion was born.

And I was discussing how genetics is related to sin but it's obvious you want to rule the discussion and have your way...since a discussion takes 2...see ya...:2wave:

You introduced genetics as a smelly red herring; which itself is an irrelevant diversion to the premise of Christianity involved in the literal belief of "Adam and Eve" eating "forbidden fruit" offered to them by a "talking serpent". Mired in myth equates to mythology.

OM

God created a garden, forgot he needed someone to mow the lawn. Created Adam. Forgot Adam needed a companion and God needed future lawn mowers. Created Eve. The future lawn mowers weren't working out. Drowned all but 8 and started over. These too didn't work out. Finally decided the only thing left to try was to kill his son. And from that a religion was born.

Yep, one myth created by miring itself in all those other myths.

OM

Last edited:
The science based observation is that life began over 4 billion years ago. It began long before conception, because sperm are alive, and eggs are alive.

When sperm and egg are technically alive but they don't turn into people.

Put like that, and despite the supposed omnipotence, he/she/it doesn't have a great track record.

Abortion immediately comes to mind. Stem cell research is another.
you'll have to show me how religion is involved the argument against abortion. And no the fact that the people arguing against abortion are religious is not a good one.

And that's just Christianity. Extend that to other religions and non medical and you could fill a book.
well I know there's a few cults that refuse to get medical treatment, but they're not trying to ban it.

I was discussing the premise of Christianity, and its literal belief in "first humans" only 6000 years ago eating "forbidden fruit". If the premise of a religion is mired in myth, then that means the religion itself is mythical.

And your continual use of dismissive "eyerolls" and "lol's" are not a very good reflection when it comes to the exchange of ideas in an intellectual manner.

OM

The sooner you come to the realization that your puny facts pale in comparison to her blazing intellect, the better things will go for you.

you'll have to show me how religion is involved the argument against abortion. And no the fact that the people arguing against abortion are religious is not a good one.

well I know there's a few cults that refuse to get medical treatment, but they're not trying to ban it.

What does religion say about the taking of human life?

I said you'll have to show me religion is involved in the argument. That isn't a claim.

I just showed it to you. And you agreed with it. Saying show me implies you do not accept that religion is involved. Therefore, that is your claim.

I just showed it to you. And you agreed with it.
You said you were proving claims I never made wrong. You showed me nothing but a correlation you made.

I do agree that religion is involved. But I came to that conclusion despite your proving of phantom claims wrong.

Saying show me implies you do not accept that religion is involved. Therefore, that is your claim.
No, saying show me implies that I don't believe commonly held notions just because they are commonly held. If you imply claims through pretend skepticism than that is your flaw. Don't blame the world for your short comings.

You said you were proving claims I never made wrong. You showed me nothing but a correlation you made.

I do agree that religion is involved. But I came to that conclusion despite your proving of phantom claims wrong.

No, saying show me implies that I don't believe commonly held notions just because they are commonly held. If you imply claims through pretend skepticism than that is your flaw. Don't blame the world for your short comings.

I showed you that religion is involved in the argument against abortion. It is the official doctrine of some religions, not just religious people.

I showed you that religion is involved in the argument against abortion.
Why do you need credit for it so badly?

It is the official doctrine of some religions, not just religious people.
So? This doesn't show me that religion is involved.

Why do you need credit for it so badly?

So? This doesn't show me that religion is involved.

Yes, it does. So even if you are shown something you fail to see it. Nothing more I can say, as you have taken a rigid view that something can never be shown to you.

Yes, it does.
How? Explain.

So even if you are shown something you fail to see it.
Well we'll see how you explain how it shows what you claim it shows and then I'll decide if you showed me anything.
Nothing more I can say, as you have taken a rigid view that something can never be shown to you.
Well no not really. I agree with you that religion is involved. I just don't don't agree that your claims show it.

Your argument is weak at best. I've given you opportunity to beef it up. But you just insist that you showed me something. You seem to get pissed because I'm not giving you credit for my acceptance of that.

You can storm off in a huff if you wish, that'll sure show me. Lol

How? Explain.

Well we'll see how you explain how it shows what you claim it shows and then I'll decide if you showed me anything. Well no not really. I agree with you that religion is involved. I just don't don't agree that your claims show it.

Your argument is weak at best. I've given you opportunity to beef it up. But you just insist that you showed me something. You seem to get pissed because I'm not giving you credit for my acceptance of that.

You can storm off in a huff if you wish, that'll sure show me. Lol

I showed you and you agreed with me. That should have ended the discussion.

I showed you
I'm not surprised I didn't think you could explain how your argument showed me anything. Probably because you don't know how it did. Not understanding how your own argument works is a sure sign that you know it's poor.

and you agreed with me.
I agree religion is involved, but not because of that pathetic noon argument you presented.
That should have ended the discussion.
It wasn't enough for you. You wanted an attaboy for being ultra mega super debater for an argument you can't expand upon.

If you want the discussion ended stop responding to my posts.

I'm not surprised I didn't think you could explain how your argument showed me anything. Probably because you don't know how it did. Not understanding how your own argument works is a sure sign that you know it's poor.

I agree religion is involved, but not because of that pathetic noon argument you presented. It wasn't enough for you. You wanted an attaboy for being ultra mega super debater for an argument you can't expand upon.

If you want the discussion ended stop responding to my posts.

You agreed that religion has an argument against abortion. When that happened, I expected no response from you.

You said show me. I did. End of discussion.

You agreed that religion has an argument against abortion. When that happened, I expected no response from you.
aww.
You said show me. I did. End of discussion.
But you didn't.

If you thought it was the end if the discussion you wouldn't have replied subsequently.

aww.
But you didn't.

If you thought it was the end if the discussion you wouldn't have replied subsequently.

I didn't. You replied. So I informed you that I had shown you and you agreed with me. You had no need to respond after that.

Back
Top Bottom