• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The dumbest CT

Which of these CTs is the dumbest?

• Anti-vax

• 9/11 truthism

• Flat-Eartherism

• Chemtrails/Government makes weather

• 2020 election rigged/stolen

• Putting chemicals in the water to TURN THE FREAKING FROGS GAY

• The MSM is run by a cabal

• Moon landing faked

• Government is hiding aliens

Results are only viewable after voting.
My favorite CT is that the 2020 election wasn't stolen from President Trump.

That one is a whopper.

My favorite thing is how much each set of beliefs is the same:

the experts are all liars and in on it
that's why​
the only reliable source of information is from adherents & believers

the faults and flaws of the experts and nay-sayers disqualify their information advice and opinions
that's why​
adherents & believers are better than the experts & nay-sayers

regular people are all sheep without independent thought
that's why​
adherents & believers are superior to regular folks (and should be trusted)

And they all have cutesy little names for the folks outside their fold

Shame homeopathy didn't make the cut

For me it's almost neck and neck between flat eartherism and water turning frogs gay, but the gay frogs win.

Really believing that the earth is flat is plain dumb, but flat eartherism is a really interesting phenom - read a great piece about it in Scientific American (podacst actually). https://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode/flat-earthers-what-they-believe-and-why/
There have been people who don't really think the earth is flat but enjoy debating the question because it's fun to come up with arguments to support an untruth and they've thought of some really clever ones.

Gay frogs is just pointless - I mean, why? And it's easily confused with the fact that (juvenile) frogs can change gender in response to environmental conditions.

I see conspiracy theories as nothing more than good harmless fun. I don't think people really believe them, but by defending them it motivates people to seriously think about it rather than just taking the 'experts' word for it. One thing common to CT is that verification is difficult and lies outside our common sense and real-world experiences. You think the earth is round? What everyday observations tells you that? Do you use geometry or do you use spherical geometry? Anyway... calling people dumb is just missing the point. The world's an interesting place, some people have an appreciation for it others do not.

Well they all are, but I went with the one that can be deadly.

See, I wasn't entirely sure about my vote for that reason. I picked the one where the probability is absolute zero, period end of story. But... one that can get you killed is stupid in a different very important sense.

Jesus, don't get @Hamish Howl started on this.

He will rant until you prolapse.
WHAT? We ALL know the truth. The Earth is shaped like a carrot. We live on the round end, and there's a hypermass at the pointy end, bending space. When you walk to the edge of the round bit, you step across that folded space and you're coming up the round bit from the opposite side.

PROVE ME WRONG.

See, I wasn't entirely sure about my vote for that reason. I picked the one where the probability is absolute zero, period end of story. But... one that can get you killed is stupid in a different very important sense.

If that one hadn't been there I would have had a hard time deciding.

Flat earth and moon landing faked.

My favorite CT is that the 2020 election wasn't stolen from President Trump.

That one is a whopper.
Wow.

It's actually the notion that the election was stolen from Trump that is a conspiracy theory. They lost 61 court cases related to that, to this day they have provided zero evidence that it was stolen. FOX News got caught in their own words texts and emails discussing how they were systematically lying to their audience about the election being stolen, they admitted it and paid 787 million dollars........and you still believe it!

How the hell can a person be so gullible?

Rare consensus has been found on DP: Flat-Eartherism is by far the dumbest of the CTs listed.

I like this synopsis:

Flat Earth has to be the dumbest. It's the one theory where the probability is exactly zero.

There is a non-zero chance of the others being true, even if the chance it is true is so insanely small that one is a complete ****ing moron to believe it true.

(y)

Rare consensus has been found on DP: Flat-Eartherism is by far the dumbest of the CTs listed.
To be fair, that's not saying much. ;)

I had to go with anti-vaxx. It's the one CT that people will risk their lives on.

Well, most of them are true...

It is a common knowledge that the overall government put tracking devices into the vaccines and that they are programmed to read and control our thoughts. How do I know? Well I am an alien, as you al know, but what you didn't know is that I am part of a secret group of reptiles, who can assume human form and we control the earth and its population. Hence, we are the overall government....We have existed on earth for thousands of years and are responsible for many of the big events. Some of you have asked me how I can be so sure Ukraine will win, well now you know.. Whatever I say, goes. I live in Sweden because I do not want to be near the edge of earth, but the middle. I don't want to risk falling of.

The reason for us controlling the weather is that if we didn't, the edges would erode and the earth would shrink, making the earth fall into the abuse.

At the time of 9/11 we found that the US needed a unifying event so we thought we would give them one. Unfortunately, we sometimes get it wrong and it didn't hold for long. As Russia and China started to endorse Trump, we thought we would help and make the world a more unified place. Unfortunatly Trump turned out to be crazy and we needed to step in and make sure he wouldn't be elected again, so we used the corona pandemic to install more off our devices and used the mind control within them to make people vote for Biden without them knowing they did so.

As for MSN, it is run by us and we are not a cabal, even though we are the one that wrote the Tanakh (and the Bible, Jesus was one of us).

Making the frogs gay is really a conspiracy theory. I can admit that we have done some testing on frogs, but at the end of the day we need to make the human population gay so that we can reduce it in other ways than by war.

I think it is unfair to blame NASA for lying about the moon landing. They don't know they are lying. We use our possibilities for mind control (and off course with the help of our infiltration of all parts of the human society) to fake NASA and other space operations without the human population knowing. A couple of really smart people have realized that the moon and the sun are just lamps, but nobody listens to them so it doesn't matter.

Government isn't hiding aliens, we hide within the governments all over the world. But I can tell you since I know you will keep it to yourself. Alexander De Croo is our current leader.

Greatings from the reptile Juks...

I am part of a secret group of reptiles,
You should post in the "What's for dinner" thread.

What flies you eat and what wine pairs best with beetles. Do reptiles like Pringles?

You should post in the "What's for dinner" thread.

What flies you eat and what wine pairs best with beetles. Do reptiles like Pringles?
Well, we do prefer Cheez doodles to Pringles, but the real treat and a true feast is with dried insects such as grasshoppers and silkworms and crickets in sea salt. Yum!

Back
Top Bottom