• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The dumbest CT

Which of these CTs is the dumbest?

• Anti-vax

• 9/11 truthism

• Flat-Eartherism

• Chemtrails/Government makes weather

• 2020 election rigged/stolen

• Putting chemicals in the water to TURN THE FREAKING FROGS GAY

• The MSM is run by a cabal

• Moon landing faked

• Government is hiding aliens

Results are only viewable after voting.

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Which of the CTs listed in the poll is the dumbest?

Flat Earth has to be the dumbest. It's the one theory where the probability is exactly zero.

There is a non-zero chance of the others being true, even if the chance it is true is so insanely small that one is a complete ****ing moron to believe it true.

I went with moon landing because I think it may be the oldest one listed. Has flat-eartherism been around forever, I don't remember hearing about it when I was younger.

I went with moon landing because I think it may be the oldest one listed. Has flat-eartherism been around forever, I don't remember hearing about it when I was younger.

Well, flateartherism has definitely been around longer, but for most of the time it was accepted science.

The NT Bible tells us that the Earth is flat.

Matthew 4:8
"Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. "

Luke 4:5
"The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world."

Don’t you now that the Japanese fleet sailed west around both capes, (Good Hope & Horn,) to bomb Pearl Harbor?

Flat Earth has to be the dumbest. It's the one theory where the probability is exactly zero.

There is a non-zero chance of the others being true, even if the chance it is true is so insanely small that one is a complete ****ing moron to believe it true.

And also, why the hell would the government give enough of a damn to hide the fact that the world is flat? What's the motivation there?

"Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. "

"The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world."
Nobody cares what your collection of bronze age mythology says.

Jesus, don't get @Hamish Howl started on this.

He will rant until you prolapse.

It was not. The Greeks figured out that it was a globe and what the circumference was in 500 BCE.

yes i know.

Most of time happened before that.

Lol.

More proof that the Bible was written by ignorant iron age men and not the word of a diety.

You ever seen this, Road? It's absolute gold.

This same line of reasoning is useful for showing just how ridiculous most conspiracy theories are. Certainly all the ones mentioned in the OP. People who believe conspiracy theories are willing to believe that most people are liars who would naturally lie in exchange for money when they get into positions of power. The unspoken implication being that this is what they themselves would do if they found themselves in a similar position of power: Lie to their friends and loved ones for money.

One of them kills and injures a lot of people including those who don't subscribe to it. It's the most dangerous. Flat Earth is the dumbest, though. I wouldn't even spend time on it. Debunking 9/11 truthers had a side benefit: it taught me to walk away from a hopeless rabbit hole discussion.

The biggest CT of all:
That Trump supporters have a brain.

Back
Top Bottom