• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The dumbest CT

Which of these CTs is the dumbest?

• Anti-vax

• 9/11 truthism

• Flat-Eartherism

• Chemtrails/Government makes weather

• 2020 election rigged/stolen

• Putting chemicals in the water to TURN THE FREAKING FROGS GAY

• The MSM is run by a cabal

• Moon landing faked

• Government is hiding aliens

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wow.

It's actually the notion that the election was stolen from Trump that is a conspiracy theory. They lost 61 court cases related to that, to this day they have provided zero evidence that it was stolen. FOX News got caught in their own words texts and emails discussing how they were systematically lying to their audience about the election being stolen, they admitted it and paid 787 million dollars........and you still believe it!

How the hell can a person be so gullible?
I know, right?

Which of the CTs listed in the poll is the dumbest?
I voted for flat earth, however there are some not listed in your poll -- COVID vaccine inducing magnetism, for example -- that I think would give the flat-earther idiots a run for their money.

1. You should have allowed multiple choice.
2. You left out Jewish Space Lasers and Hillary's pizza basement in an establishment that had no basement :)
Throw in the Big Lie from 2020

Republicans are still clinging to that BS

There are dumber conspiracy theories yet:

The murder attempt on Malala Yousafzai was actually carried out by CIA agent Robert de Niro disguised as a Uzbek homeopath

President Obama went to Mars as a teenager

The Bush family and Bob Hope are alien space lizards (it's true about the Windsors though)

Covid-19 was genetically engineered to specifically target Iranians

Keith Richards is really JFK Jr. in disguise

Black helicopoters (oldie but goddie) upgraded to black space ships. (I wish this was true).

The murder attempt on Malala Yousafzai was actually carried out by CIA agent Robert de Niro disguised as a Uzbek homeopath

The Bush family and Bob Hope are alien space lizards (it's true about the Windsors though)

Black helicopoters (oldie but goddie) upgraded to black space ships. (I wish this was true).

That is straight out of the National Enquirer

The GOP base go to newspaper

Throw in the Big Lie from 2020

Republicans are still clinging to that BS
Trump will never accept a loss. Trump didn't even accept that he lost the popular vote in the election he won in 2016. He wasted a ton of time and money investigating the 2016 election and found nothing.

I went with moon landing because I think it may be the oldest one listed. Has flat-eartherism been around forever, I don't remember hearing about it when I was younger.
Flat eartherism is somewhat new because ancient peoples figured the round earth model out in the times of the ancient greeks. It started out as a parody joke.

My favorite CT is that the 2020 election wasn't stolen from President Trump.

That one is a whopper.
That's not how words work

I don't know of this counts as making weather, but I have flown flights that are designed to increase rain. We had flares attached to the wing in tubes. When we flew through the upflow we would light the fares. The goal was to create addition condensation nuclei for the water droplets to form on. I think the flares put out tiny iodine particles, but it's been over 20 years.

So yeah, weather modification is real. Unless you are talking about building a full blow hurricane, that isn't.

Oh, and I think they stopped doing it some years later because hail storms were taking out crops in KS and they thought they were causing that.

I see conspiracy theories as nothing more than good harmless fun. I don't think people really believe them, but by defending them it motivates people to seriously think about it rather than just taking the 'experts' word for it. One thing common to CT is that verification is difficult and lies outside our common sense and real-world experiences. You think the earth is round? What everyday observations tells you that? Do you use geometry or do you use spherical geometry? Anyway... calling people dumb is just missing the point. The world's an interesting place, some people have an appreciation for it others do not.
I don't agree that people don't really believe them. I have seen people truly believe they are defending what they see as "the truth", even when their evidence is BS and their conclusions convoluted. They absolutely believe these CTs.

You missed that who we currently see as "President Joe Biden", is really actor James Woods disguised as Biden, since Joe Biden really died in 2019.

Flat-eartherism, hands down. That you can disprove just by stepping outside, more or less.

Flat-eartherism, hands down. That you can disprove just by stepping outside, more or less.
Yeah, but they don't really take it that seriously. Flat Earthers are more like a club that uses a bogus conspiracy theory as an excuse to organize events they can go to. They are like "birds are not real" but better organized and with more longevity.

Which of the CTs listed in the poll is the dumbest?
There are in fact chemicals being put in the water that affect the sexual development of frogs, so that is true.

The mainstream media is run by a cabal, it’s an oligopoly with frequent collaboration to political ends, that’s true.

Flat Eartherism is fake, no one believes in it. I used to troll people on other forums by arguing for flat earth and it’s hilarious to watch people get emotionally invested in proving the earth is round. It’s a troll, no one believes it.

Chemtrails as commonly conceived are crazy, but not as crazy as one might think given the government has in the past used aircraft to poison large areas of land (operation ranch hand in Vietnam) and that’s the context in which that emerged

The 2020 election was clearly rigged, the MSM has posted articles bragging about this. Rigged does not mean stolen, but it’s clear that the media created lods of fake news against trump, ran interference against hunters laptop, etc

There are in fact chemicals being put in the water that affect the sexual development of frogs, so that is true.

The mainstream media is run by a cabal, it’s an oligopoly with frequent collaboration to political ends, that’s true.

Flat Eartherism is fake, no one believes in it. I used to troll people on other forums by arguing for flat earth and it’s hilarious to watch people get emotionally invested in proving the earth is round. It’s a troll, no one believes it.

Chemtrails as commonly conceived are crazy, but not as crazy as one might think given the government has in the past used aircraft to poison large areas of land (operation ranch hand in Vietnam) and that’s the context in which that emerged

The 2020 election was clearly rigged, the MSM has posted articles bragging about this. Rigged does not mean stolen, but it’s clear that the media created lods of fake news against trump, ran interference against hunters laptop, etc

the voting system corruption is common knowledge all my life, dig a little and find why we had the rush to electronic voting. these machines et al have been analyzed et al and come up wanting.

so i question any election really in the last 50 years after even a light study of the situation. auditors have written books on the subject and documented what IS going on. most don't know or take the effort to learn, anymore maybe doesn't matter after april 8 and beyond.

Yeah, but they don't really take it that seriously. Flat Earthers are more like a club that uses a bogus conspiracy theory as an excuse to organize events they can go to. They are like "birds are not real" but better organized and with more longevity.
I once met a flat Earther in real life he referred to me as a rounder

I once met a flat Earther in real life he referred to me as a rounder
You Brits have some hilarious terms for each other. My ex wife is from Scotland and they had some really funny terms for people. But....never date, or even talk to a Scottish woman. Don't do it, you'll thank me later.

Back
Top Bottom