• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The 2018 Major Leage Baseball Thread

Lol. When was the last time the Mariners made the playoffs. Cano, nelson cruz, hernandez? That would be a good core if this was 2010.

When you have the padres on top of your list, clearly winning isnt a priority. Thats like peyton manning saying the browns, bucs, and lions are on top of his list.

Lol. This is a delusional 23 year old kid.

And if he chose the Skankees he would be brilliant. :lamo

A Japanese player favoring a West Coast team? Not surprising at all.

Seattle is probably a really good fit for him, and they are a pretty good team. That's where Ichiro started, I can see this kid doing the same.

I'm betting Seattle lands Darvish. They already brought back Iwakuma. They have flown the players down to LA to meet Otani.

Correct. I think he is selfish. He wants to create a brand centered around himself and feels the Yankees or Red Sox brand would take away from his namesake.

Actually you are delusional, or a very, VERY uniformed baseball fan.

We could start a new thread on players who a) refused to play for the Yankees and Mets because they didn't want to play in NYC and B) players who DID come to the Yankees and Mets and then flopped because the HATED playing in NYC, and that thread would go on for 10 pages.

For decades NYC has ate up players, or kept them away. Been going on forever.

It has little to nothing to do with the Yankees or Mets. It's got everything to do with NYC, the media, the big market expectations, etc. Some guys thrive in it, some don't. No big deal really.

The Yankees have the most hall of Famers in baseball. Let's not even put the Yankees and Mets in the same discussion, that's insulting to the Yankees.

This kid didn't even want to LISTEN to the Yankees/Red Sox proposal. That's a slap in the face. The Yankees are a team that has produced several great players, and this kid didn't even have them in "consideration...." for what? Several good Japanese players have played well for the Yankees.

If you are a high school kid in baseball and 10 colleges want to meet you.... you be respectful and listen to what every college team has to offer, especially the top programs.

I think this kid has been reading too much of his press clipping about him and has an inflated ego.

I'm betting Seattle lands Darvish. They already brought back Iwakuma. They have flown the players down to LA to meet Otani.

I would assume the Seattle Mariners wll find some way to screw this up. I remember how they fumbled with the Cano signing. They basically outbid themselves and Cano's agent is a RAPPER.

Correct. I think he is selfish.

Of course he's selfish. He has earned the right.

He wants to create a brand centered around himself and feels the Yankees or Red Sox brand would take away from his namesake.

How did that work out for Ichiro?

Question. How many endorsement deals does Aaron Judge receive if he plays for Seattle or Colorado?

I would assume the Seattle Mariners wll find some way to screw this up. I remember how they fumbled with the Cano signing. They basically outbid themselves and Cano's agent is a RAPPER.

They may well screw it up. But they got further in the game than your beloved Skankees.

Question. How many endorsement deals does Aaron Judge receive if he plays for Seattle or Colorado?

Answer: There are more important things than money.

The Yankees have the most hall of Famers in baseball. Let's not even put the Yankees and Mets in the same discussion, that's insulting to the Yankees.

This kid didn't even want to LISTEN to the Yankees/Red Sox proposal. That's a slap in the face. The Yankees are a team that has produced several great players, and this kid didn't even have them in "consideration...." for what? Several good Japanese players have played well for the Yankees.

If you are a high school kid in baseball and 10 colleges want to meet you.... you be respectful and listen to what every college team has to offer, especially the top programs.

I think this kid has been reading too much of his press clipping about him and has an inflated ego.

LOL.. On this site every day in every way you prove you haven't a clue about politics and especially sports.

The Yankees and Sox have also had many, MANY flops. The Yankees especially have had a TON of piss poor signings. Many of them had to do with the City, not necessarily the team.

As far as mentioning the METS and the yankees in the same post, please improve your reading skills. I was mostly talking about playing in NYC, not the teams specifically.

I even said that here:

It has little to nothing to do with the Yankees or Mets.

Stop wasting everyone's time here. You are clueless.

LOL.. On this site every day in every way you prove you haven't a clue about politics and especially sports.

The Yankees and Sox have also had many, MANY flops. The Yankees especially have had a TON of piss poor signings. Many of them had to do with the City, not necessarily the team.

As far as mentioning the METS and the Yankees in the same post, please improve your reading skills. I was mostly talking about playing in NYC, not the teams specifically.

I even said that here:

Stop wasting everyone's time here. You are clueless.

If you were in his shoes, you wouldn't even listen to the Yankees/Red Sox proposal?

That's like Google calling you saying they have a job offer for you making $500k a year. Are you going to say, "I don't want to even hear your offer."

If you were in his shoes, you wouldn't even listen to the Yankees/Red Sox proposal?

That's like Google calling you saying they have a job offer for you making $500k a year. Are you going to say, "I don't want to even hear your offer."

If most Yankee fans are like you, I can see why he’s not interested.

If most Yankee fans are like you, I can see why he’s not interested.

He's delusional. The fact he's not even hearing from the elite baseball teams - Yankees, Red Sox, Astros, Cardinals..... shows me he is not interested in winning.

Again, not signing with the team is one thing, but to not even hear their pitch? That's stupid.

Answer?: Some people actually value other things than money.

He's in his early 20's? Going to a completely different and for him strange country? I would go to where I would feel the most comfortable. And NYC or Boston ain't it.

I live in NY. I love it, I can afford to live anywhere I want. But I stay in NY..Because I like it so much.. BUT when I worked I met a TON of young kids out of college from Indiana, Kansas, Dakota, etc. who came here to work at the company where I worked. The cultural shock to 'SOME' of them was like being hit over the head with a hammer. Some loved it, some hated it and left within months. Some college 'recruits' refused to even come here because NY scared the hell out of them.

This kid is what? 23? I can understand him wanting to go to the West Coast where there are many more and much larger Japanese Communities.

After so many years if he gets comfortable then maybe he'll look elsewhere.

You realize your username opens you up to all kinds mockery, don't you???!! ;)

From those who can’t handle the content of my posts, yes.

But it’s useful in flushing the stupid out of the bushes early, if you know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom