• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tacoma police officers acquitted

EMNofSeattle

No Russian ever called me deplorable
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
This is a case I’ve been following, and I’m thankful to say justice was served, these honorable policemen were trying to arrest a non cooperative suspect who unfortunately died in custody. Initially the use of force was considered ok, but when George Floyd had an overdose activists worked to reopen this case and railroad these officers.

Of course the left wing regime attempted to railroad them like Chauvin, but fortunately these officers had a good defense and were acquitted on all charges.

You do you, and maybe provide the full story the next time around.

"Manuel Ellis was a 33-year-old African American man who was killed by police during an arrest on March 3, 2020, in Tacoma, Washington.[2] The Pierce County Sheriff's Department initially claimed that Ellis had attacked a police car and officers, leading to the arrest.[3] State prosecutors quoted civilian witnesses as saying that Ellis did not attack the police car or officers; they also said it was the officers who attacked Ellis after a conversation.[4][5] Video of the incident showed officers repeatedly punching Ellis, choking him, using a Taser, and kneeling on him.[6][7] State prosecutors stated that "Ellis was not fighting back", citing witness statements and video evidence.[8] A police radio recording showed that Ellis said he "can’t breathe".[9] Ellis told officers "can't breathe, sir" multiple times, according to prosecutors.[10] Ellis was hogtied, face-down, with an officer on him, for at least six minutes, and a spit hood was placed on his head in this position, stated prosecutors.[10] Ellis died at the scene while receiving medical aid from paramedics.[3]"

1-Someone should send out a memo to all the people resisting arrest during arrests...
"Screaming multiple times "I CANT BREATHE" is a dead giveaway that you can in fact breathe"
2-IF you are convinced you 'cant breathe' then stop fighting, flailing, kicking, and spitting at the arresting officers and you will feel much better.
3-Why is it that all the news reports only show the parts after the conflict and not the buildup?

1-Someone should send out a memo to all the people resisting arrest during arrests...
"Screaming multiple times "I CANT BREATHE" is a dead giveaway that you can in fact breathe"
2-IF you are convinced you 'cant breathe' then stop fighting, flailing, kicking, and spitting at the arresting officers and you will feel much better.
3-Why is it that all the news reports only show the parts after the conflict and not the buildup?
I can't breath when breathing is becoming more difficult is an easy call out to everybody to stop doing whatever they are doing to make breathing difficult. It is also a concise and clear way of saying breathing is difficult without actually having to say, "officer, my breathing is more difficult now than it was earlier and I realize that I can breath but at this moment, primarily because you are sitting up my neck after tazing me and shoving be around, which already put me out of breath, it is becoming increasingly a worry. Thank you for be so considerate officer"

`
Do you honestly think it's reasonable to expect someone whose being attacked by several people and can't breath to just go limp and stop moving?
Would you in that situation as I'm pretty sure you wouldn't.

`
Do you honestly think it's reasonable to expect someone whose being attacked by several people and can't breath to just go limp and stop moving?
Would you in that situation as I'm pretty sure you wouldn't.
Chicken and egg. Very seldom do criminals get 'attacked' when they cooperate with law enforcement.

Chicken and egg. Very seldom do criminals get 'attacked' when they cooperate with law enforcement.

Very seldom?
They're the police it shouldn't be acceptable for them to ever attack people.

The fact that you think it's fine that some do is telling.
US police behaviour would not be acceptable in Europe as they act like an occupying force in a combat zone against your own citizens.
You don't even train them to know the laws they're supposed to uphold.

Very seldom?
They're the police it shouldn't be acceptable for them to ever attack people.

The fact that you think it's fine that some do is telling.
US police behaviour would not be acceptable in Europe as they act like an occupying force in a combat zone against your own citizens.
You don't even train them to know the laws they're supposed to uphold.
Goes to my first post. Why is it that the only time we see video offered by the media is after the initial incident has occurred. Similarly, why is it that your first reaction is to assume that the cops began their interaction with the man (who BTW had already ingested a lethal dose of methamphetamine) with a beating?

Goes to my first post. Why is it that the only time we see video offered by the media is after the initial incident has occurred. Similarly, why is it that your first reaction is to assume that the cops began their interaction with the man (who BTW had already ingested a lethal dose of methamphetamine) with a beating?

Witnesses of the act said the police attacked the victim after he said something.

Does it sound reasonable to you that a bunch of police should be so upset about something he said that they felt the need to beat him to death?

Witnesses of the act said the police attacked the victim after he said something.

Does it sound reasonable to you that a bunch of police should be so upset about something he said that they felt the need to beat him to death?
No...that doesnt sound like a reasonable accounting at all.

And in case you missed it...they didnt beat him to death...he died of a meth overdose. Even the videos they showed long after the initial incident shows very little physical contact and a LOT of kicking and flailing for a poor widdle innocent victim that cant breathe.

And in case you missed it...they didnt beat him to death...he died of a meth overdose. Even the videos they showed long after the initial incident shows very little physical contact and a LOT of kicking and flailing for a poor widdle innocent victim that cant breathe.

How about the police actually try and help someone whose had an overdose?

So punching, kicking and using as taser on someone is not a problem now?
Would you think that sort of treatment is just a bit of flailing?

Yeah, that is why people who cry “I can’t breathe “ end up dead🙄

So you don’t realize that police are supposed to be trained to deal with uncooperative people. Most cooperative people don’t get arrested

In that case, he should have received medical attention immediately

So punching, kicking and using as taser on someone is not a problem now?
Would you think that sort of treatment is just a bit of flailing?
I dont know. I havent seen the whole video so I dont know what is or isnt appropriate. Neither do you.

However I would gladly cede to your authority after you have take on the responsibility of enforcing the law against violent criminals and show us all the 'right' way to do things.

In that case, he should have received medical attention immediately
Did you watch the video? At what point do they have a sedate enough perpetrator to respond to a medical needs situation?

So you don’t realize that police are supposed to be trained to deal with uncooperative people. Most cooperative people don’t get arrested
Indeed. Ive already posted that. Most cooperative people dont get arrested and most that fight with cops do.

Funny how that works.

I dont know. I havent seen the whole video so I dont know what is or isnt appropriate. Neither do you.

However I would gladly cede to your authority after you have take on the responsibility of enforcing the law against violent criminals and show us all the 'right' way to do things.

Yes, I don't think beating the shit out of someone whose taken an overdose for a bit of a potty mouth is a good look for the police.

These guys would instantly be fired in the UK and be on trial for their actions.

Did you watch the video? At what point do they have a sedate enough perpetrator to respond to a medical needs situation?

We have no idea as they guys dead now.

yep

learn to cooperate with authority and live to see another day

Ok you do that the next time you get beaten by police.

Some people have been beaten even when cooperating so what were they supposed to do?

Ok you do that the next time you get beaten by police.

Some people have been beaten even when cooperating so what were they supposed to do?
which people were you referencing who were cooperative and then beaten while cooperating

How bout you putting on a uniform and walk the talk. I would love to see you making these kind of assessments right there on the spot. You see a incomplete video instead of the full interaction that took place, and think you have the right to condemn a cop. 🤣

These guys would instantly be fired in the UK and be on trial for their actions.

BS. 🤣

They would get a review................ just like here in the USA.

Back
Top Bottom