• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court snubs Trump, keeps DACA immigration program in place for now

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...daca-immigration-program-place-now/371730002/

"The action represents*a temporary victory for*the young adults brought to the U.S. illegally by their parents or guardians under*the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program established by President Barack Obama in 2012. And it represents a major setback for the Trump administration, which vowed*to continue the legal battle in the lower courts."

So the judicial system swats down another manufactured crisis. The March 5, deadline was always arbitrary, but Congress still needs to work expeditiously to resolve an issue that most Americans want solved and on which most of them agree.

This is the second thread I posted this morning that is re-posted. Don't you check first?

Undocumented immigrants who were brought here as CHILDREN matter to us, because they are a part of the community and they should not be punished.

That is apart from the larger issue of illegal undocumented immigrants.

Ok. I didn't say the DREAMers don't matter.

i can say the moon is made of cheese doesn't make it so.

The only thing they didn't here was the appeal on the injunction, because the case is still pending in the lower courts.
that is typical.

travel ban is in effect sorry to tell you.

The administration wanted the DACA deadline enforced. SCOTUS said no. You are correct that the issue isn't over yet. Travel ban is not in effect the way it was intended and will be reviewed later this year.

No problem from the Trump Administration.
There are other ways to stop this dictator obama's ideology.

Yep, just like Trump traded more defense borrowing for more domestic spending borrowing and called it a win. Trump is betting that a tax cut will counter any objection to the increase in the deficit required to "fund" it. That is why I refused to vote for Trump - cut taxes and increase spending is insane policy. At least we don't have major inflation - yet.

"Yet" is the operative word. It's pure recklessness.

This is the second thread I posted this morning that is re-posted. Don't you check first?

Hi. I did check. You apparently posted your thread during the eight minutes it took me to link, copy and paste, comment, and post. Why don't you relax?

Hi. I did check. You apparently posted your thread during the eight minutes it took me to link, copy and paste, comment, and post. Why don't you relax?

Why didn't you ask a Mod to merge? Jesus.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...daca-immigration-program-place-now/371730002/

"The action represents*a temporary victory for*the young adults brought to the U.S. illegally by their parents or guardians under*the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program established by President Barack Obama in 2012. And it represents a major setback for the Trump administration, which vowed*to continue the legal battle in the lower courts."

So the judicial system swats down another manufactured crisis. The March 5, deadline was always arbitrary, but Congress still needs to work expeditiously to resolve an issue that most Americans want solved and on which most of them agree.

Trump is all about unmanageable crisis. My concern was that the Democrats were even considering funding The Wall to get DACA. What a giveaway that would have been. And to give-in to Trump on legal immigration will short our labor pool and stymie business expansion and economic growth.

Unless there is an immediate cause for them to take action the SCOTUS leaves it up to the process.
Meanings federal judge > appeals court > full appeals court > SCOTUS.

Basically, it means that the left will funnel it through Obama appointed judges that will ignore the law, then it'll go to the SC court for an actual ruling, hopefully considering the Constitution.

Oh, I know. Just like the Republicans held CHIP hostage for political advantage. Unfortunately for the moron president, he assigned an unenforceable deadline to a DACA resolution that the courts invalidated. So the then-candidate lied to all his voters about who would pay for the wall (Mexico said before the election that it would never pay), that fell apart, he wants to spend $25 billion of American taxpayers' money to sustain a failed campaign promise, and we're supposed to believe that he has any good intentions related to the DREAMers. Nah, I smelled a rat years ago.
Hostage for what?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I find this action by the SCOTUS concerning, to allow a lower courts ruling to be upheld based on something that is clearly unconstitutional is just beyond me. DACA was a policy that was enacted by Obama, not congress. Congress has the responsibility to enact and to change immigration laws, not the POTUS. The POTUS being the head of the Executive Branch has the responsibility to enforce the laws of this country and has taken an oath to enforce the laws of this country.

So who's the blame for this? Who's the blame for not enforcing the laws within this counrty, and since when do we not enforce laws based on an economical reason. We are a nation of laws or we are not, can a nation that professes to honor the rule of law reward those who break it? Can a nation that rewards the breaking of a law hope or expect its immigrants to assimilate into a law-abiding a society when, through that very process, it demonstrates its disregard, if not contempt for the law?

This really makes me wonder just were we are headed as a nation.
Perhaps what is "clearly unconstitutional" to you, a layperson, isn't so clear to those on the SCOTUS who have many years of legal experience. By rejecting the administration’s request, the Supreme Court isn’t saying anything about the merits of the DACA program itself, it’s just insisting that the case proceed the normal way, with the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals hearing the administration’s appeal of the California judge’s order. The January ruling isn’t a decision about whether the Trump administration acted illegally or unconstitutionally to end DACA in September 2017. It’s a preliminary injunction -- an order to temporarily stop a government policy, while the courts hash out the question of whether the policy is legal and constitutional.

Not only does the court hear lots of cases and sometimes issue transformational rulings, but to decline a case is not doing nothing. It's affirming the decision of the lower court.

Sorry, that's incorrect.

The president of the US should ignore the judicial process of the country.

Every time I think you have posted the dumbest thing you can, you surprise me by posting dumber.

In this case, the courts have ruled unlawfully. The courts aren't above the law, no matter how much you want them to be.

Dumb, is when someone thinks the courts aren't bound by The Constitution. That is dumb.

It's like these judges never read ****ing Artcle 1.

Perhaps what is "clearly unconstitutional" to you, a layperson, isn't so clear to those on the SCOTUS who have many years of legal experience. By rejecting the administration’s request, the Supreme Court isn’t saying anything about the merits of the DACA program itself, it’s just insisting that the case proceed the normal way, with the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals hearing the administration’s appeal of the California judge’s order. The January ruling isn’t a decision about whether the Trump administration acted illegally or unconstitutionally to end DACA in September 2017. It’s a preliminary injunction -- an order to temporarily stop a government policy, while the courts hash out the question of whether the policy is legal and constitutional.

Why is SCOTUS telling the Executive to wait and have a lower court decide something that is the prerogative of the Executive? If an EO sets it up an EO should be able to end it, especially when the matter is one that should be decided by legislative action. The stay is telling the Executive that their decision to end DACA is not enforceable because the court is willing to grab power over EOs, not by preventing unconstitutional ones, but by picking and choosing which ones can be ended.

It has all the markings of judicial activism. It brings more power to the court, it is a political more than a legal position, and it lessens the power of the executive.

And beyond that how is that a policy that was enacted by a sitting president can not be undone by a predecessor? When did obama become king?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It can be undone by a sitting president.

However, it cannot be undone arbitrarily.

Trump and his supporters are the ones acting like Trump is king by supporting arbitrary govt actions

Back
Top Bottom