• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Summerville area woman charged with assaulting boy at community pool, assaulting deputies

AGENT J

"If you ain't first, you're last"
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Summerville area woman charged with assaulting boy at community pool, assaulting deputies | WCIV
DORCHESTER COUNTY, S.C. (WCIV) — Dorchester County authorities have arrested a woman accused of repeatedly hitting a teenage boy after apparently berating the boy and his friends into leaving a community pool in the Summerville area.Stephanie Sebby-Strempel is in jail at the Dorchester County Detention Center after her arrest in connection to an alleged assault Sunday, June 24, at the Reminisce neighborhood pool near Summerville. The victim, 15, was one of several children who were invited to the pool by a friend in the neighborhood, according to the Dorchester County Sheriff's Office. Investigators say witness reports indicate Sebby-Strempel told the group upon arriving they did not belong at the pool, and they had to leave. The victim claims he and his friends were “respectful and said, yes ma’am,” when Sebby-Strempel demanded they leave, according to the sheriff's office.

Investigators say witness reports indicate Sebby-Strempel told the group upon arriving they did not belong at the pool, and they had to leave.​
However, deputies say witnesses reported Sebby-Strempel continued antagonizing the kids as they left, calling them “punks,” and using racial slurs against them. The encounter progressed to a physical assault, which apparently was captured on video. The video shows Sebby-Strempel hit the victim at least three times as he walked out of the pool area, according to the sheriff's office. Video and photos allegedly of the incident have been posted on social media. The images show a woman following a teenage boy from the pool area, and hitting the boy several times. When deputies showed up to Sebby-Strempel's home on Monday, June 25, to charge and arrest her for the pool incident, the sheriff's office says Sebby-Strempel also assaulted two detectives. According to the sheriff's office, Sebby-Strempel pushed one detective into a wall, injuring his knee, and then bit a second detective on the arm, breaking the skin.
Back up link:
South Carolina woman assaulted black teen at pool, bit deputy on arm upon arrest, police say | Fox News

Wow, way to keep it classy lady . . assault minors and cops, I hope the throw the book at her. Im also thinking she MUST have mental issues, I mean I hope she does. I hope she is just not that much of a bigot and hateful.

Also kudos to the kid for keeping his calm and not punching the lady in the face for assaulting him.

I would like to see video of the arrest considering she bit one of the cops

Wow, way to keep it, classy lady... assault minors and cops, I hope they throw the book at her.
Gee...I wonder why didn't they just shoot her like they do everyone else that assaults a cop?

I'm also thinking she MUST have mental issues
Yes, it's called being a Trump supporter.

I think we both know how this would have ended had it been the black teenager biting the cop.
Yes, with half a dozen posters on this forum calling them thugs and pretending we can't see who they really are.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Mental health is country seems to be on the decline. Honestly. Sad.

Yes, with half a dozen posters on this forum calling them thugs and pretending we can't see who they really are.

I wonder if they will show up here to call this lady a thug. :lol:

Assaulting people that aren't resisting? Fighting back against a cop? Sounds like a Thug to me, so I hereby declare this person is an inappropriate thug that utilizes unnecessary force to protect their territory. Dang territorial thugs.

There is no call for this sort of behavior. /sigh

I wonder if they will show up here to call this lady a thug. [emoji38]
Well the OP kind of swiftboated that by arguing that the real reason behind being an obvious racist MUST be mental illness. And you know how the OP will get when you point out that there is no fact linking racism and mental illness. That having bipolarity like a close family member of mine has doesn't mean you show up at a pool with black kids and start yelling and assaulting kids.

But oh well.

Obviously the woman has issues and will likely be held accountable, at least for biting the cop. A good defense attorney may be able to get her out of the assaulting a minor charge unless there is more video and eye witness testimony. From just the video in that clip I can’t tell if she is swatting the kid or swatting the phone away from her. She could argue she just didn’t want him taking videos of her in a swim suit. Though biting the cop will make her less credible.

Well the OP kind of swiftboated that by arguing that the real reason behind being an obvious racist MUST be mental illness. And you know how the OP will get when you point out that there is no fact linking racism and mental illness. That having bipolarity like a close family member of mine has doesn't mean you show up at a pool with black kids and start yelling and assaulting kids.

But oh well.

No, of course not. But mental illness can impair a person’s judgement depending on the person and type of mental illness. Just as some mentally ill people think the CIA is monitoring their brain waves some think minorities are out to get them.

A more common phenomenon, however, is likely just an impairment of self control. Most racists in that situation would think, “I wish those black kids would get out of our pool” but have the self control to keep their bigotry to themselves. A mentally ill racist may have less self control.

But oh well.

What? :lamo
Weird i factually did nothing of the sort LMAO
What i actually said was I think she must be a mental case and i HOPE she just isnt that much of a bigot and hateful person. No biggie, your mistake, we all make them.

No, of course not. But mental illness can impair a person’s judgement depending on the person and type of mental illness. Just as some mentally ill people think the CIA is monitoring their brain waves some think minorities are out to get them.

A more common phenomenon, however, is likely just an impairment of self control. Most racists in that situation would think, “I wish those black kids would get out of our pool” but have the self control to keep their bigotry to themselves. A mentally ill racist may have less self control.

Weird, her mental illness didn't stop her from getting dressed and prepare for a pool, showing up at a pool, establishing her "right" to kick people she didn't recognize out of said pool, but then all of a sudden it's there when she starts blabbering about race and beating on cops?

Yep, it's just like how an advil can turn you into a racist if you aren't careful. Some of you people are extremely gullible when you want to be.

Most communities have member only pools (I.E. The neighborhood association taxes the residents, and provides facilities.)
You have to be a dues paying resident to use the pool.
The people who like to enforce these restrictions, are the same people who want to tell you what color you can paint your house
and what kind of fence you can put up.
If the person who invited his friends were indeed a member, they should have spoken up,
and told the lady where to file her complaint.
If they were not in fact members of the pool, she had a right to ask them to leave private property.
That said, she could have handled the situation better than she did.

What? :lamo
Weird i factually did nothing of the sort LMAO
What i actually said was I think she must be a mental case and i HOPE she just isnt that much of a bigot and hateful person. No biggie, your mistake, we all make them.
Ah, you didn't say that it MUST be mental illness. I must have missed your OP.

I wonder if they will show up here to call this lady a thug. :lol:

They won't do that, but they'll try and claim she's a liberal/Democrat. Because obviously Conservatives/Republicans can do no wrong.

Ah, you didn't say that it MUST be mental illness. I must have missed your OP.

100% correct, you definitely missed the OP because what you claimed was said was factually never said or even suggested in any logical way. LMAO

100% correct, you definitely missed the OP because what you claimed was said was factually never said or even suggested in any logical way. LMAO
Ah, so you didn't suggest that she MUST be mentally ill even though that's exactly what you did. Lol, okay. Want to post your OP and give us what you suggested it MUST be if it isn't just bigotry and hatefulness?

Furthermore, if it isn't just bigotry and hatefulness can you show a relationship between mental health and racism? Go on, show your facts.

Summerville area woman charged with assaulting boy at community pool, assaulting deputies | WCIV

Back up link:
South Carolina woman assaulted black teen at pool, bit deputy on arm upon arrest, police say | Fox News

Wow, way to keep it classy lady . . assault minors and cops, I hope the throw the book at her. Im also thinking she MUST have mental issues, I mean I hope she does. I hope she is just not that much of a bigot and hateful.

Also kudos to the kid for keeping his calm and not punching the lady in the face for assaulting him.

Trump supporter no doubt.

1.) Ah, so you didn't suggest that she MUST be mentally ill even though that's exactly what you did. Lol, okay. Want to post your OP and give us what you suggested it MUST be if it isn't just bigotry and hatefulness?

2.) Furthermore, if it isn't just bigotry and hatefulness can you show a relationship between mental health and racism? Go on, show your facts.

1.) yes PLEASE qoute my full OP and then qoute the false claim you made word for word(that was never said) and it will prove you factually wrong everytime continuing my entertainment and laughter .. please please do it :)
2.) never made that claim thats why your retarded and factually wrong claim failed :lamo

Weird, her mental illness didn't stop her from getting dressed and prepare for a pool, showing up at a pool, establishing her "right" to kick people she didn't recognize out of said pool, but then all of a sudden it's there when she starts blabbering about race and beating on cops?

Yep, it's just like how an advil can turn you into a racist if you aren't careful. Some of you people are extremely gullible when you want to be.

I am not saying it is the case in this specific incident, but generally speaking mental illness absolutely can exacerbate racist behavior.

And do you actually believe that being able to dress oneself is evidence someone isn’t mentally ill? You do know that even in the most extreme cases of mental illness they can usually dress themselves, don’t you?

1.) yes PLEASE qoute my full OP and then qoute the false claim you made word for word(that was never said) and it will prove you factually wrong everytime continuing my entertainment and laughter .. please please do it :)
2.) never made that claim thats why your retarded and factually wrong claim failed :lamo

So you will not post your OP to tell us what it MUST be. Odd, I figured you wouldn't have any trouble posting it if you didn't suggest that it MUST be mental illness.

Okay, can you explain why mental illness would be reason for someone to be a racist at a single point of their day, and not before? I can't imagine that seeing black people at a pool would be out of the norm anywhere in the Carolinas.

Go on, we are all waiting for your absurd explanation.

I am not saying it is the case in this specific incident, but generally speaking mental illness absolutely can exacerbate racist behavior.

And do you actually believe that being able to dress oneself is evidence someone isn’t mentally ill? You do know that even in the most extreme cases of mental illness they can usually dress themselves, don’t you?

Please show me a peer reviewed study linking racism with mental illness. Don't worry, I will wait.

:)

So you will not post your OP to tell us what it MUST be. Odd, I figured you wouldn't have any trouble posting it if you didn't suggest that it MUST be mental illness.

Okay, can you explain why mental illness would be reason for someone to be a racist at a single point of their day, and never before? I can't imagine that seeing black people at a pool would be out of the norm anywhere in the Carolinas.

Go on, we are all waiting for your absurd explanation.

Weird i dont seen any qoutes, thats what I thought. Always fun proving a lie/false claim wrong.
once again, your false claim fails, gets destroyed, and its still FACTUALLY your mistake. LMAO

let me know when you are ready to qoute my whole op, then qoute your false claim word for word and prove it accurate, we are waiting, thanks :)

in fact i directly challenge anybody and everybody to qoute my whole OP, and his false claim and prove his claim is factually accurate, it will fail every time.... . . anybody?

:popcorn2:

Back
Top Bottom