• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Special counsel Robert Mueller to make statement Wednesday on the Russia probe, his first public com

Welp, that gave nothing new.

Here's the crux of his 9 minute speech;

"If we had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so. We did not"

Basically he said that the DOJ cannot indict a sitting president and it's up to Congress to follow through with the findings of his report regarding obstruction.

"If we had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so. We did not"

Also, “Oh...and by the way. I quit”

Basically he said that the DOJ cannot indict a sitting president and it's up to Congress to follow through with the findings of his report regarding obstruction.

That's not the job of prosecutors.

Also, “Oh...and by the way. I quit”

He didn't quit but he made it clear he's finished with any type of interview or questioning. As he said, they followed DOJ guidelines about not indicting a sitting president. Anything that's in volume II of his report was left as a roadmap for Congress to follow regarding 10 instances of possible obstruction of justice by Trump.

He also finished up giving praise for the integrity, fairness and dedication of those who worked under him during this investigation. That was a direct blow-back from Mueller on the Trump talking heads about the 'deep state' and 'conspiracy'.

BINGO, exactly what many have been saying all along. Now it is up to Congress to deal with it one way or the other, are they for the rule if Law or Not, that is the question now???

So, nothing new. What was the point of Mueller speaking?

What a joke.

You must have missed his final point, why is that not a surprise for anyone

BINGO, exactly what many have been saying all along. Now it is up to Congress to deal with it one way or the other, are they for the rule if Law or Not, that is the question now???

Exactly. He said what we have been saying all along. He could not exonerate Trump of obstruction for a reason - and now it's up to Congress to investigate.

Trump Fan Nation is weeping right now. This was not what they wanted or expected him to say.

It is the job of Congress to deal with and America will be watching what they do.

Spoiler: They aren't going to do anything.

He didn't quit but he made it clear he's finished with any type of interview or questioning. As he said, they followed DOJ guidelines about not indicting a sitting president. Anything that's in volume II of his report was left as a roadmap for Congress to follow regarding 10 instances of possible obstruction of justice by Trump.

He also finished up giving praise for the integrity, fairness and dedication of those who worked under him during this investigation. That was a direct blow-back from Mueller on the Trump talking heads about the 'deep state' and 'conspiracy'.

By “Quit” I mean he resigned from the DOJ

The light in the tunnel coming at Pelosi and Dems is Durham and his indictments.

Pelosi gonna Impeach and Durham gonna wreck that party

Dems so mad. Go for it Impeach. See how that works for ya.

For anyone who didn't catch it, here's the story.

Mueller resigns as special counsel, addresses Russia report

Update: Special counsel Robert Mueller says charging a president with a crime was "not an option" his team could consider in the Russia investigation. Mueller says that he was bound by longstanding Justice Department opinions that say a president can't be indicted while in office.

In his first public comments in the probe, Mueller said on Wednesday "it would be unfair" to potentially accuse someone of a crime when the person couldn't stand trial to defend himself. Mueller's comments echoed the findings in his public report.

Mueller's report revealed that President Donald Trump tried to seize control of the Russia probe and force Mueller's removal to stop him from investigating potential obstruction of justice by the Republican president. Trump has called the investigation a "witch hunt."

Well, in the grand scheme of statements we've been waiting to hear, that one was a let down. It was 10 minutes of Bob Mueller saying, "What I said is written in the report and I'm not going to say anything about anything that isn't in the report". It really was a waste of time.

Guess Barr didn't lie after all. SURPRISE!
And yet another sleep filled night for a triumphant Trump.

Well, in the grand scheme of statements we've been waiting to hear, that one was a let down. It was 10 minutes of Bob Mueller saying, "What I said is written in the report and I'm not going to say anything about anything that isn't in the report". It really was a waste of time.

Not for anyone else it wasn't. You expected him to say "no obstruction". He didn't. Now Congress has all they need to move ahead.

Update: Special counsel Robert Mueller says charging a president with a crime was "not an option" his team could consider in the Russia investigation. Mueller says that he was bound by longstanding Justice Department opinions that say a president can't be indicted while in office.

In his first public comments in the probe, Mueller said on Wednesday "it would be unfair" to potentially accuse someone of a crime when the person couldn't stand trial to defend himself. Mueller's comments echoed the findings in his public report.

Mueller's report revealed that President Donald Trump tried to seize control of the Russia probe and force Mueller's removal to stop him from investigating potential obstruction of justice by the Republican president. Trump has called the investigation a "witch hunt."

You must have missed his final point, why is that not a surprise for anyone

I didn't miss any point. Did you learn anything new?

What did Mueller say that wasn't in the report?

Why is it not a surprise that those on the left think Mueller said something new?

"The report is my testimony" What do you think he meant by that?

I fully encourage the House to start Impeachment proceedings. Go for it.

The Nation deserves to see what the New Democratic Party is made of.

He didn't say anything that wasn't already in the report.

Nadler in hospital Pelosi hungover what’s gonna happen next?

Yes keep on whistling as you pass by the graveyard. Like it or not it is obvious that trump obstructed justice and he just laid it at the feet of Congress. Going to be very hard to ignore.

For anyone who didn't catch it, here's the story.

Mueller resigns as special counsel, addresses Russia report

Mueller's report revealed that President Donald Trump tried to seize control of the Russia probe and force Mueller's removal to stop him from investigating potential obstruction of justice by the Republican presiden
[/B]

and yet never *actually* forced Mueller's removal , even though he easily could have.

Wave everybody....wave bye byes to the obstruction case.

:2wave:

LAFFRIOT

I'm almost 100% certain that Congress will now proceed with the impeachment process. Mueller laid it out pretty clearly that he left Congress with enough evidence of obstruction and it's their job to go through the trial of impeachment.

Back
Top Bottom