• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

South Africa votes to take all white owned farm land.

Neither did I. The lie is with you I'm afraid. Don't bother quoting me if you're going to repeat the same stupid nonsense, some on the internet may be gullible and fooled by posters who use bluster when cornered - I'm not one of them.

Not at all smart to take one extremist and then apply his views on the rest of black South Africa as a representative of their views.

Only a fool could fail to see that their land redistribution is a communist measure.

Only a fool could fail to see the effects apartheid had on South Africa; and no, land redistribution is not inherently communist. For example, we routinely "redistributed" land from the Native Americans to white settlers for hundreds of years.

Only a fool could fail to see the effects apartheid had on South Africa; and no, land redistribution is not inherently communist. For example, we routinely "redistributed" land from the Native Americans to white settlers for hundreds of years.

That's wrong, since the First Wanderers never owned any land.....they just wandered around on it.

And the effects of apartheid are exactly what I'm talking about.......revenge. But that's just the motivator.......it doesn't change the fact that taking land from the rich and giving it to the poor is communism.

That's wrong, since the First Wanderers never owned any land.....they just wandered around on it.

And the effects of apartheid are exactly what I'm talking about.......revenge. But that's just the motivator.......it doesn't change the fact that taking land from the rich and giving it to the poor is communism.

Oh, the various tribes very much thought they controlled territory/lands. And they hardly "just wandered around on it". Nomadic lifestyles emerged fairly slowly in reality.

It's almost like brutally oppressing people for decades pisses them off.

And no, land redistribution is not inherently communist.

OK my bad there. The point still remains taking the views of Malema (who has been banned from the ANC) and applying that (as you did in the post I was responding to) to the ANC Government as a "they."

And "they" are in an alliance with the South African Communist Party but that doesn't make the ANC govt "communist."

OK my bad there. The point still remains taking the views of Malema (who has been banned from the ANC) and applying that (as you did in the post I was responding to) to the ANC Government as a "they."

And "they" are in an alliance with the South African Communist Party but that doesn't make the ANC govt "communist."
"Communism" is off on a tangent. Property rights can be subject to profound disrespect and contempt by entities that do not follow Marx and Engels. Sometimes, as is the case of South Africa it can be "malign neglect" by civil authorities who are unwilling or unable to protect those rights.

Iimmigration and asylum are divisive subjects in Australia. So when Peter Dutton, home affairs minister and a defender of Australia's controversial offshore asylum-seeker facilities, suggested this week that a “civilized country” such as Australia should fast-track humanitarian visas for people who were being “persecuted” and needed help, many took notice.

But Dutton's comments have been unusually controversial because of a key detail — he appeared to be talking specifically about white people.

In an article published by Australia's Daily Telegraph on Wednesday, Dutton was quoted as saying that white South African farmers may “deserve special attention” from Australia because of land seizures and violence. “If you look at the footage and read the stories, you hear the accounts, it's a horrific circumstance they face,” Dutton told the newspaper.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...y-they-are-persecuted/?utm_term=.9feb3316d7ff

The plight of South African farmers has become a big issue in Australia, which may take in tens of thousands of white South African refugees. Australia's potential intake of South African farmers on humanitarian grounds may offer the final solution to the current crisis in South Africa. It's estimated that 400,000 white Afrikaners are currently living in squatter camps. White Afrikaners are culturally very similar to white Aussies, making it very easy to integrate them. Africa's Asian communities had been moved to Britain from the 1950s to the 1960s because Africans pressured them to emigrate by a series of discriminatory measures against them. Australia still has plenty of room for accommodating the entire white Afrikaner community if necessary.

Last edited:

South Africa is a country in very unique circumstances. Apartheid ended only 24 years ago (1994), with its VERY heavy segregation and racist laws. This included straight up land theft by the apartheid government and forced relocation. This has created a situation where whites are ~8% of the population, yet own 72% of the land, much of it due to explicit government enforced theft of property.

I'm not positive that the land expropriation is the correct solution to the problem, likely there are better solutions out there, but at the same time, given the history of Apartheid, and the recency of it's abolishment, I don't actually think it is an unreasonable solution either.

South Africa is a country in very unique circumstances. Apartheid ended only 24 years ago (1994), with its VERY heavy segregation and racist laws. This included straight up land theft by the apartheid government and forced relocation. This has created a situation where whites are ~8% of the population, yet own 72% of the land, much of it due to explicit government enforced theft of property.

I'm not positive that the land expropriation is the correct solution to the problem, likely there are better solutions out there, but at the same time, given the history of Apartheid, and the recency of it's abolishment, I don't actually think it is an unreasonable solution either.

I'm well aware of the sorry history of that nation, but two wrongs do not a right make.

I'm well aware of the sorry history of that nation, but two wrongs do not a right make.

I don't particularly consider this a wrong. Perhaps not the best solution, but not a wrong one or a wrong.

The South African white farmers have been subjected to genocide, while the South African Government silently condone the murders. In effect South Africa is killing it's food producers which brings me to the latest contribution in the argument.

South Africa could face food shortage if white farmers migrate to Australia, Federal MP Andrew Broad warns
South Africa could face food shortage if white farmers migrate to Australia, Federal MP Andrew Broad warns - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

I find it incredible that Mr Broad thinks it's ok to sit by and watch the genocide of people because they have to feed those who either kills them or sit by and watch it happen.

Another member of Parliament Senator Leyonhjelm weighed in and said the only reason Zimbabwe's land distribution didn't work is because the land was distributed to Government cronies and not competent black people.

The solution is therefore rather simple;

1. problem - white farmers would like to keep breathing
- black people would like to own farmland

solution is to allow white farmers to move to Australia and give farmland to competent non government cronies.

win/win

to be honest for me a win win would have been the South African Government taking action to stop the systematic genocide of it's food producers, but they have never shown any interest in helping the farmers and I would go so far as to say the South African Government condone white farmer killings.

Senator Leyonhjelm said special visas should be a last resort and supported Mr Broad's argument, that white farmers should remain on their farms, if it was safe enough.

"What will happen if it continues, is the productive white farms will be taken over by black farmers and the history is, as Zimbabwe shows, they don't know how to run farms and produce food," he said.

"That's not because they're not capable, but because it tends to be the cronies of the political elite who take over the farms, and they don't know how to farm."

^^^^^
Whatever the rights and wrongs, land seizure will lead to drastic reductions in overall living standards. Watch for the tin cup.

Really? Are they more deserving of refugee status than the Rohyngia Muslims who didn't just lose their lands to the government, but who watched their families be raped and murdered? Are they more deserving of refugee status than the Syrian civilians - particularly the women and children - caught in the middle of a civil war which we helped create? Are they more deserving of refugee status than the African Jews that Israel is expelling from their nation since the right-wing government doesn't want to accept them as having Jewish ancestry?

I'm not trying to beat up on you - it's not wrong to feel empathy for the white farmers who are being expelled from their farms (but not from their nation). I'm only pointing out that there are far more refugees who are facing much worse injustice.

Oh, and one more thing - ALL refugees present a burden to taxpayers in the beginning...every single one. Very, very few of them come here with money in pocket...and if you'll think about it, if a refugee has a lot of money on hand, then how, exactly is that person a refugee at all? In any case, if you've any real experience with immigrants, you would know that regardless of their race/color/creed or national origin, most of them work harder than most native-born Americans, and they are less likely to commit crime than native-born American citizens...and the latter is backed up by studies by the conservative Cato Institute IIRC. Perhaps you already know all that and accept it. I hope you do.

From personal experience I hired about 5 to 10 immigrants in 25 years or so, I hired them because I was relatively certain
they would be effective and for the most part if they weren't effective they were functional.

I owned a pretty nice sized
company producing ads for dept. stores & was hands on & was an equal opportunity employer. An artist for me for about 5 years came
from Trinidad & Tobago & ran afoul of the law with a serious offense after working on it for about 3 years I was the prime reason
he was released as I told the authorities I'd give him his job back on release. I never thought the guy was guilty, I asked those who
worked with him before in his dept. if they would mind working with him again and they were fine with that. Stayed with us for
about 4 more years and he moved on, his wife stayed with him throughout his prison term.. Basically my experience with foreign workers was mixed.

Not as a person but as an American rooting for the country to make a three point landing I view immigration as a big negative!!!!!

Last edited:
This is a boat load of dumb. It's setting a terrible precedent the people of South Africa will realize later. None of this will bode well because taking the land away isn't going to make right past transgressions; instead it will likely have a negative economic impact.

Huh. So there's horrific war in the ME, terrorism worldwide, poverty and authoritarian repression across the globe, a corrupt and dangerous manboy in the White House but only now, with this act in SA, has the world actually finally gone mad.

The world has gone mad a long time ago....

From personal experience I hired about 5 to 10 immigrants in 25 years or so, I hired them because I was relatively certain
they would be effective and for the most part if they weren't effective they were functional.

I owned a pretty nice sized
company producing ads for dept. stores & was hands on & was an equal opportunity employer. An artist for me for about 5 years came
from Trinidad & Tobago & ran afoul of the law with a serious offense after working on it for about 3 years I was the prime reason
he was released as I told the authorities I'd give him his job back on release. I never thought the guy was guilty, I asked those who
worked with him before in his dept. if they would mind working with him again and they were fine with that. Stayed with us for
about 4 more years and he moved on, his wife stayed with him throughout his prison term.. Basically my experience with foreign workers was mixed.

Not as a person but as an American rooting for the country to make a three point landing I view immigration as a big negative!!!!!

Yeah, the Chinese immigrants were seen as a "big negative" - hence the Chinese Exclusion Act. Now the Chinese are part of the ethnic group that is more educated and paid more highly than any other ethnic group (including whites) in America.

The Irish were seen as a "big negative", too - and for the past several generations they've been an integral part of our local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.

The Hispanics are even now seen as a "big negative". They also comprise nearly 40% of the population of the world's sixth-biggest economy: California.

America is browning - you might as well get used to it. Within the next thirty years or so, whites will no longer be a majority, but will instead comprise "merely" a plurality of the American population. Short of national catastrophe, civil war, or ethnic cleansing on a national scale, this is a demographic certainty. So you've got a choice - either stand against (and get swamped by) the slow-moving tsunami of demographic change...or learn to adapt, to surf that demographic tsunami.

It's your choice.

America is browning - you might as well get used to it. Within the next thirty years or so, whites will no longer be a majority, but will instead comprise "merely" a plurality of the American population.

The overwhelming majority of tax revenues from income tax are derived from older, white Americans. Go ahead and replace them, and suffer the consequences. America will be like Brazil within my lifetime, thanks to the idiotic white liberals who decided that achieving power was worth squandering their children's futures. By the time the USA reaches 400 million people, there will be no middle class, as the corporate world managed to import white collar labor from India and China, squeezing out those who've held those positions, and forcing them into lower paying work.

You liberals and progressives are so clueless, and don't realize that your melting pot utopian dream is paid for by corporations seeking a more globalized work force, which spells disaster for the American people.

Short of national catastrophe, civil war, or ethnic cleansing on a national scale, this is a demographic certainty. So you've got a choice - either stand against (and get swamped by) the slow-moving tsunami of demographic change...or learn to adapt, to surf that demographic tsunami.

It's your choice.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that George Washington and the founding fathers didn't work their asses off so that we could "surf the tsunami", i.e, compete with people from foreign backgrounds for work in our own country, in order to avoid abject poverty.

Liberalism is unsustainable in the USA, and will be rejected and replaced by the ancestors of those who fought in the Revolution.

The overwhelming majority of tax revenues from income tax are derived from older, white Americans. Go ahead and replace them, and suffer the consequences. America will be like Brazil within my lifetime, thanks to the idiotic white liberals who decided that achieving power was worth squandering their children's futures. By the time the USA reaches 400 million people, there will be no middle class, as the corporate world managed to import white collar labor from India and China, squeezing out those who've held those positions, and forcing them into lower paying work.

You liberals and progressives are so clueless, and don't realize that your melting pot utopian dream is paid for by corporations seeking a more globalized work force, which spells disaster for the American people.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that George Washington and the founding fathers didn't work their asses off so that we could "surf the tsunami", i.e, compete with people from foreign backgrounds for work in our own country, in order to avoid abject poverty.

Liberalism is unsustainable in the USA, and will be rejected and replaced by the ancestors of those who fought in the Revolution.

Go to Japan sometime and see what life is like in a nation with a very restrictive immigration policy - it's doggone near impossible for a non-Japanese to become a citizen except through marriage, and even then it isn't easy.

And what's the big deal about Japan? There's very few there to take care of the elderly. You see, when a nation is so prosperous, no one wants to do the really crappy work, the low-paying scut work, the kind that's beneath the the citizenry. That's why under Trump, there's crops rotting in the fields in California - even when higher wages are offered, native-born Americans won't take them - the work is too dirty, too hard.

In other words, it's one thing to claim we're "clueless" because of what you believe the Founding Fathers may or may not have believed...but it's another thing altogether when the crops are rotting in the fields and the elderly are dying alone and uncared for because such work is beneath the the oh-so-prosperous citizenry.

Go to Japan sometime and see what life is like in a nation with a very restrictive immigration policy - it's doggone near impossible for a non-Japanese to become a citizen except through marriage, and even then it isn't easy.

And what's the big deal about Japan? There's very few there to take care of the elderly. You see, when a nation is so prosperous, no one wants to do the really crappy work, the low-paying scut work, the kind that's beneath the the citizenry. That's why under Trump, there's crops rotting in the fields in California - even when higher wages are offered, native-born Americans won't take them - the work is too dirty, too hard.

In other words, it's one thing to claim we're "clueless" because of what you believe the Founding Fathers may or may not have believed...but it's another thing altogether when the crops are rotting in the fields and the elderly are dying alone and uncared for because such work is beneath the the oh-so-prosperous citizenry.

And they are so sure that they are right that they dont change regardless of how much pressure is applied.

I recommend that U Sir take note of that.

Last edited:
And they are so sure that they are right that they dont change regardless of how much pressure is applied.

I recommend that U Sir take note of that.

Oh, they'll change. Societal change has a way of eventually forcing itself on any society no matter how hidebound by tradition - or do you not know of the Meiji Reformation?

Really? Are they more deserving of refugee status than the Rohyngia Muslims who didn't just lose their lands to the government, but who watched their families be raped and murdered? Are they more deserving of refugee status than the Syrian civilians - particularly the women and children - caught in the middle of a civil war which we helped create? Are they more deserving of refugee status than the African Jews that Israel is expelling from their nation since the right-wing government doesn't want to accept them as having Jewish ancestry?

Oh, and one more thing - ALL refugees present a burden to taxpayers in the beginning...every single one. Very, very few of them come here with money in pocket...and if you'll think about it, if a refugee has a lot of money on hand, then how, exactly is that person a refugee at all? In any case, if you've any real experience with immigrants, you would know that regardless of their race/color/creed or national origin, most of them work harder than most native-born Americans, and they are less likely to commit crime than native-born American citizens...and the latter is backed up by studies by the conservative Cato Institute IIRC. Perhaps you already know all that and accept it. I hope you do.

Australia is laying the legislative groundwork necessary to welcome persecuted South African farmers who face a targeted campaign of violence at home, the country’s top legal officer said.

Attorney-General Christian Porter pledged Wednesday to help at-risk farmers applying for visas, telling the
Australian newspaper “the more South Africans in our local community the better.”

Australia getting the quality while our politicians fall over themselves to ensure we get the most violent trash on the planet.

Last edited:
Australia is laying the legislative groundwork necessary to welcome persecuted South African farmers who face a targeted campaign of violence at home, the country’s top legal officer said.

Attorney-General Christian Porter pledged Wednesday to help at-risk farmers applying for visas, telling the
Australian newspaper “the more South Africans in our local community the better.”

Australia getting the quality while our politicians fall over themselves to ensure we get the most violent trash on the planet.

Given the obvious intent of the OP and the ensuing discussion, do you realize that you are effectively saying that whites are "quality" while nonwhites are "the most violent trash on the planet"?

Given the obvious intent of the OP and the ensuing discussion, do you realize that you are effectively saying that whites are "quality" while nonwhites are "the most violent trash on the planet"?
I OP'd the same issue on another board. You seriously misrepresent our thinking. What we are saying is that the land confiscation will do serious damage to SA's economy and the "developed world" will be expected to pick up the pieces.

Back
Top Bottom