• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Some women are a thundeing mass of conflicting impulses.

lefty louie

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Why is it that I'm not allowed to have any input at all on what a woman does with her VaJayJay but expects taxpayers to pay for her birth control, abortions, and support if she's unable to care for the child either on her own or with her partner?

(Also read as many are not)

Why is it that I'm not allowed to have any input at all on what a woman does with her VaJayJay but expects taxpayers to pay for her birth control, abortions, and support if she's unable to care for the child either on her own or with her partner?

How will you stop women from doing this?

And if she cant support the child on her own, what do you suggest?

btw, before you continue with what seems to be an ill-informed premise (or a few), take note of this:

U.S. Taxpayers Save $7 For Every Dollar The Government Spends On Family*Planning – ThinkProgress

So why would you object to free or subsidized birth control?

Why is it that I'm not allowed to have any input at all on what a woman does with her VaJayJay

We're gonna need a pic and some information to determine that.

For the same reason no one has any say in what you put in your mouth, but we still have to help pay for your bypass when you're a senior.

Because the point of society is the defray the impact of individual occurances, and ultimately, it works better to do it this way than not.

Not your body, not your say. Your attitude towards women is disturbing.

Why do some ***holes feel the need to advertise?

For the same reason there is so little interest in developing male birth control....because the feminists are in charge, and they are always looking to deprive men of power.

Maybe you creep them out too much.

If you don't like abortion, don't have one.

Not your place to tell women not to have one.

How come women don't have any input on what you do with your penis?

This thread should be renamed "Some men are thundering masses of insecurity when it comes to women having equal rights"

For the same reason there is so little interest in developing male birth control....because the feminists are in charge, and they are always looking to deprive men of power.

There is male birth control. It's called a condom.

There is male birth control. It's called a condom.

Degrading the experience,,,,,,why in 60 years have we not been able to allow men to regulate their fertility?

I told you why.

Because you don't expect people to have an input on your vasectomy or mental health or blood transfusions, even if individuals disagree with those choices (Catholics, Scientologists, Jehovah's Witness). Because it's not their bodies, and thus it's not their ****ing choice. Period. End of story.

This thread is so stupid. You don't get a say, because it's none of you're business. Medical decisions are personal. If and when you find someone to have an actual relationship with, you may choose to share decisions regarding when to cuddle, make love, procreate or not. That's the way it's supposed to work...

Degrading the experience,,,,,,why in 60 years have we not been able to allow men to regulate their fertility?

I told you why.

What are you talking about? They are currently being studied. It's just that it's much easier to make eggs not be released than it is for sperm to not function, since males continuously create sperm whereas women only ovulate approx once a month, and the hormones regulating ovulation don't affect libido. So yeah, female contraceptives are much easier to create, and thus there are more of them.

What are you talking about? They are currently being studied. It's just that it's much easier to make eggs not be released than it is for sperm to not function, since males continuously create sperm whereas women only ovulate approx once a month. So yeah, female contraceptives are much easier to create, and thus there are more of them.

Lack of funding and other walls to allowing men to have this ability:

“Condoms and coitus interruptus are the only means of reversible birth control in men -- and will remain so because the problem is not scientific, but economic,” Carl Djerassi wrote in WIRED in 2013.

Djerassi was a chemist, renowned for synthesizing noresthisterone in the 1950s, an essential component of the first oral contraceptive. His involvement earned him the title, shared with Dr. Gregory Goodwin Pincus, “Father of The Pill.” According to Djerassi, the research path to longer-term, reversible, male birth control was obvious.

“Scientifically, we know how to create a ‘male Pill,’” Djerassi asserted.

But Djerassi also thought that he would never get to see it, because the economics of pharmaceutical development would inevitably get in the way. Some of the more promising scientific discoveries about male contraception are decades old, but were never developed into public products. Because of a combination of legal, social, and biological factors, male contraceptive technology hasn’t been able to attract the necessary research dollars.
https://priceonomics.com/the-economics-of-male-birth-control/

AND

That men don’t bear the medical risks of pregnancy may change the calculus for regulators assessing a male contraceptive. So might the fact that men, with their long reproductive lifespans, could find themselves using birth control for decades longer than women typically take the pill. Unless researchers manage to find a contraceptive with real health benefits for men, regulators will probably have a low tolerance for side effects. “A male contraceptive solution just has to be squeaky clean,” Subhan says.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-08-03/why-we-can-t-have-the-male-pill

Do the world a favor, don't have sex with anyone but yourself. Please.

GettyImages-536907259-57fae6233df78c690f77cb45.jpg

Wait, people still say VaJayJay? And the J's are capitalized?? Holy cow.

Wait, people still say VaJayJay? And the J's are capitalized?? Holy cow.

Evidently only people who haven't seen one in the last 10 years...

Why can't you say the word "vagina"? It's not a dirty word.

I'd rather taxpayers pay for contraception than pay for the consequences of not paying for it. Abortion is covered under my country's universal health care. So is gestation and childbirth. Either both should be covered or neither should be covered.

If the woman is unable to care for the child on her own, I'd rather the father pay for it than the taxpayer having to pay.

I'd rather taxpayers pay for contraception than pay for the consequences of not paying for it. Abortion is covered under my country's universal health care. So is gestation and childbirth. Either both should be covered or neither should be covered.

If the woman is unable to care for the child on her own, I'd rather the father pay for it than the taxpayer having to pay.

Trying to talk common sense in response to an OP like that is wasted time and effort on you part.

Perhaps the OP needs to mature a bit and start treating women as equals, instead of fearing them.

If you don't like abortion, don't have one.

Not your place to tell women not to have one.

How come women don't have any input on what you do with your penis?

But they do, they can tell me not to but it near them and I'll listen. I don't ask anyone to pay for my contraception, nor would I ever expect or accept any help from you for raising my child. Don't bring up public schools, libraries etc because I pay into that also.

Back
Top Bottom