• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Some People's Positions On Sexual Harassment

But why do you think there's anything wrong with it? I asked you this and your reply seemed to indicate merely that you had a personal preference for virgins (I seem to recall you made a strange comment about steaks). Why put social pressure on everyone else because of this? Why is it morally wrong?

I don't have a "preference for virgins" per se. I have a preference for having one and only one sexual partner your entire life. There are more reasons for this than I can list here in a reasonable amount of time. Some religious. Some not.

But I believe at the most basic level that sex outside the bounds of marriage is inherently undermining to marriage in general and thus undermines all of society.

I don't have a "preference for virgins" per se. I have a preference for having one and only one sexual partner your entire life. There are more reasons for this than I can list here in a reasonable amount of time. Some religious. Some not.

But I believe at the most basic level that sex outside the bounds of marriage is inherently undermining to marriage in general and thus undermines all of society.

So you think the institution of marriage is essential to society, then...?

What? How?

It establishes the most stable and viable environment for raising children. Future generations being the natural foundation and backbone of any country, any civilization and culture.

What make you think that people remain virgins? You have sex with someone who has never had sex before (ideally the same applies to you), you both gain experience over time. What's wrong with that?

One sex partner limits the scope of potential for better sex.

Go back to your bible, read all those stories of begetting, and who married who's brother's wife after the death of the brother. And of course there is the story of Uriah.

Because your life experience was limited, doesn't mean anyone else should suffer the same.

I don't believe in any governmental enforcement provisions. I was thinking more in terms of social pressure.

It was said Solomon had a thousand wives and concubines. That would be social pressure.

One sex partner limits the scope of potential for better sex.

Go back to your bible, read all those stories of begetting, and who married who's brother's wife after the death of the brother. And of course there is the story of Uriah.

Because your life experience was limited, doesn't mean anyone else should suffer the same.

The Bible in no way supports the idea of having multiple sex partners.

Especially the story of Uriah who was murdered by King David and his wife stolen.

Especially the story of Uriah who was murdered by King David and his wife stolen.

Give it another read. Who brought Abraham a servant girl to bear him a child? Are you saying Solomon did not have a harem? Jewish religious law says a man can have as many wives as he can service 3 times a week each. Women have their due.

Uriah was sent to do battle for the kingdom and god. Murder most foul? Or David did the right thing and took Uriah's wife unto himself for her protection?

Why should "better sex" be a goal at all? Much less ones primary goal?

Why not? Sex is a gift from god, make the best use of god's gifts should be your axiom. I bet you are a protestant. Protestants alwasy want to take the fun out of life.

You didn't read the Old Testament, did you?

The bible supports polygamy,
Deuteronomy 17:17 ESV
And he shall not acquire many wives for himself, lest his heart turn away, nor shall he acquire for himself excessive silver and gold.

Genesis 4:19 ESV
And Lamech took two wives. The name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.

1 Samuel 1:2 ESV
He had two wives. The name of the one was Hannah, and the name of the other, Peninnah. And Peninnah had children, but Hannah had no children.

Genesis 35:23-26 ESV
The sons of Leah: Reuben (Jacob's firstborn), Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, and Zebulun. The sons of Rachel: Joseph and Benjamin. The sons of Bilhah, Rachel's servant: Dan and Naphtali. The sons of Zilpah, Leah's servant: Gad and Asher. These were the sons of Jacob who were born to him in Paddan-aram.

Polygamy is found in the Old Testament and over 40 important figures had more than one wife, such as Esau, Elkanah, and Solomon. Moses was married on two separate occasions, to Zipporah, the daughter of Hobab, and the "Cu****e" woman.

Why should "better sex" be a goal at all? Much less ones primary goal?

Sex should be enjoyable and sensual as an act of relaxation, sharing, and enjoyment. You seem to think it is work.

Why not? Sex is a gift from god, make the best use of god's gifts should be your axiom. I bet you are a protestant. Protestants alwasy want to take the fun out of life.

There is much more to an enjoyable life than "fun".

You didn't read the Old Testament, did you?

The bible supports polygamy,

Who cares what the Old Testament says. The Old Testament is utterly irrelevant in regards to Christians and you know it.

Sex should be enjoyable and sensual as an act of relaxation, sharing, and enjoyment. You seem to think it is work.

Aren't things more enjoyable if you have to put forth some effort to achieve it?

Who cares what the Old Testament says. The Old Testament is utterly irrelevant in regards to Christians and you know it.

Thank you for stating that you pick and choose which parts of the Bible that you believe.

Aren't things more enjoyable if you have to put forth some effort to achieve it?

What makes you think that I do not put a lot of effort into pleasing my partner when we make love?

Thank you for stating that you pick and choose which parts of the Bible that you believe.

You can't claim something applies to Christians when Christians didn't even exist back then. And wouldn't for hundreds of years.

You can't claim something applies to Christians when Christians didn't even exist back then. And wouldn't for hundreds of years.

It is the line of faith from Genesis, to Abraham, Noah, and then to the basis for Jesus existing. It's the prequel for the New Testament.

Back
Top Bottom