• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should We Get Rid Of Monuments?

Considering that blacks pay the same taxes as anyone else but was given second to third class police, fire and education and so on it would take one hell of a lot of
welfare checks to made everything come out even.

An we are only talking about the jim crow era that ran as recently as my early childhood and I can still remember watching young black children being protected from white mobs by federal troops.

Sorry welfare payments was the least of black citizens problems in this society.
turning people into dependent sucklers of the public tit helps them how? How does having an illegitimacy rate of about 80% help black kids when the single biggest determinant of being in poverty is growing up in a single parent household?

3446 blacks were lynched in 100 years while 10,000 are killed now a year in gang/drug violence. Notice the quality of liberal thinking?

black males each month kill more black males in the USA than the Klan has over the last 10 years

black males each month kill more black males in the USA than the Klan has over the last 10 years

So that mean that the good old KKK boys should be allowed to hang any blacks they care to as it is only a small percent of the total murders for blacks?

Is that what you are trying to sell?

Less do away with the federal anti lynching law so we can placed those blacks in their place as second class citizens living only by the grace of the local KKK branch?

Last edited:
So that mean that the good old KKK boys should be allowed to hang any blacks they care to as it is only a small percent of the total murders for blacks?

Is that what you are trying to sell?

Less do away with the federal anti lynching law?

Sound like you're grasping at straws on that one.

turning people into dependent sucklers of the public tit helps them how?

Hmm I would love to hear the answer to that as far as the billionaire by the name of Jeffrey Loria who was allowed to spend a billion dollars or so of our money on the Marlin baseball stadium against the express wishes of the tax payers. Recalling people after the fact did not get the funds return.

Would you also like to hear about the Miami Heats owners that got us to build not one but two stadiums as the first end up being torn down at our expense due to it being too small for the team owners to made enough money off us?

No problem it would seems for billionaires to suck on our collected tit it only in regard to the poor with children to raised that it is a problem.
The problem is even worst if the mother happen to be black.

Last edited:
Hmm I would love to hear the answer to that as far as the billionaire by the name of Jeffrey Loria who was allowed to spend a billion dollars or so of our money on the Marlin baseball stadium against the express wishes of the tax payers. Recalling people after the fact did not get the funds return.

No problem it would seems for billionaires to suck on our collected tit it only in regard to the poor with children to raised that it is a problem.
The problem is even worst if the mother happen to be black.
what exactly does that do to even address the point I made. Like it or not, Democrats were the party of slavery and now they are doing their best to keep blacks dependent on voting for the Dem Massas

so liberal programs that killed perhaps 400,000 blacks was not enough to make you happy??

Flooding black community's with guns and drugs isn't a liberal policy.

what exactly does that do to even address the point I made. Like it or not, Democrats were the party of slavery and now they are doing their best to keep blacks dependent on voting for the Dem Massas

Sorry the GOP is now the party of racists not the Democrats and no one force the GOP to welcome them into their party after Johnson sign the civil right laws.

Footnote it is also the GOP who wish to force those poor women to have children by not helping them get birth control means or abortions and then not wishing to help them with the children care.

Results the state of Texas have the highest rate of infant morality not only in the US but in the western world.

Last edited:
I guess you miss the KKK and the Nazi marching in Charlottesville.

You guys need some new material. The thing I miss is people having common sense when discussing issues. Then again, I existed before the Internet and we were forced to interact in person. People were more mature when that was the case.

Then Republicans shouldn't mind when Confederate monuments glorifying traitors and the Lost Cause are removed and replaced with monuments that glorify Lincoln and Civil Rights leaders, right?

Last edited:
You guys need some new material. The thing I miss is people having common sense when discussing issues. Then again, I existed before the Internet and we were forced to interact in person. People were more mature when that was the case.

LOL you have such a high opinion of yourself you must be an only child.

In any case you are hardly the only old person on this website......I remember using IBM punch cards to program in fortran and even setting up an analog computer by moving jumper wires around.

Or getting on line to local BBSs using a 300 baud modem.

Then Republicans shouldn't mind when all those confederate monuments glorifying slavery are removed, right?

can you get more biased claiming they "glorify slavery"? Did you know that your beloved saint, FDR helped dedicate a memorial to Robert Lee (the general, not the Chinese American sportscaster whose name apparently would trigger all you poor dears)

btw these comments from FDR are all over the net now

“I am very happy to take part in this unveiling of the statue of General Robert E. Lee,” FDR said at the dedication ceremony, according to the American Presidency Project at the University of California, Santa Barbara.

“All over the United States, we recognize him as a great leader of men, as a great general. But, also, all over the United States I believe that we recognize him as something much more important than that. We recognize Robert E. Lee as one of our greatest American Christians and one of our greatest American gentlemen.”

can you get more biased claiming they "glorify slavery"? Did you know that your beloved saint, FDR helped dedicate a memorial to Robert Lee (the general, not the Chinese American sportscaster whose name apparently would trigger all you poor dears)

btw these comments from FDR are all over the net now

“I am very happy to take part in this unveiling of the statue of General Robert E. Lee,” FDR said at the dedication ceremony, according to the American Presidency Project at the University of California, Santa Barbara.

“All over the United States, we recognize him as a great leader of men, as a great general. But, also, all over the United States I believe that we recognize him as something much more important than that. We recognize Robert E. Lee as one of our greatest American Christians and one of our greatest American gentlemen.”

You said that Democrats were the party of slavery....so why are Republicans the ones defending Confederate monuments and the Lost Cause?

You said that Democrats were the party of slavery....so why are Republicans the ones defending Confederate monuments and the Lost Cause?

Stop trying to use logic on the poor man.

do you realize how idiotic it is to listen to the party of the permanently offended rant about monuments that have been around for decades? its like the same idiots who scream about HS sports teams being called the "Braves" or the "Warriors"

Many on the left Hate America how it exists and want to rewrite and change America. Taking offense at our history is childish IMHO and that is the main reason to oppose this idiotic attempt to rewrite history

LOL you have such a high opinion of yourself you must be an only child.

In any case you are hardly the only old person on this website......I remember using IBM punch cards to program in fortran and even setting up an analog computer by moving jumper wires around.

Or getting on line to local BBSs using a 300 baud modem.

I was an orphan. Really though... I remember living in Seymour, Tennessee as a kid. The first through sixth grades were in one room and the rest of the students in the next room. One of the teachers made lunch and you ate at your desk. They had two coal burning stoves in the building and students had to bring in lumps of coal from a big pile outside.

For a bathroom they had two outhouses.

Home wasn't much better. We had dried mud for insulation and water was brought in via buckets. It didn't have electricity, indoor plumbing, and no such amenities as AC, tv, radio, etc. I was 14 before my family owned a tv.

All of that and you might be very well be older than me.

Do you have a high opinion of yourself? Were you an only child? Not sure what that had to do with my response, but if we can't stay on point, I can discuss history - mine or yours.

I was an orphan. Really though... I remember living in Seymour, Tennessee as a kid. The first through sixth grades were in one room and the rest of the students in the next room. One of the teachers made lunch and you ate at your desk. They had two coal burning stoves in the building and students had to bring in lumps of coal from a big pile outside.

For a bathroom they had two outhouses.

Home wasn't much better. We had dried mud for insulation and water was brought in via buckets. It didn't have electricity, indoor plumbing, and no such amenities as AC, tv, radio, etc. I was 14 before my family owned a tv.

All of that and you might be very well be older than me.

Do you have a high opinion of yourself? Were you an only child? Not sure what that had to do with my response, but if we can't stay on point, I can discuss history - mine or yours.

Of course I was an only child and not only an only child but an only grandchild with one set of grandparents living on the same property.

I can still remember my first wife asking me in a very angry manner if I have a high opinion of myself and my reply to her was yes and rightly so.

Last edited:
do you realize how idiotic it is to listen to the party of the permanently offended rant about monuments that have been around for decades? its like the same idiots who scream about HS sports teams being called the "Braves" or the "Warriors"

Many on the left Hate America how it exists and want to rewrite and change America. Taking offense at our history is childish IMHO and that is the main reason to oppose this idiotic attempt to rewrite history

Awesome tap dance, dude.

Anyway, you said that Democrats were the party of slavery...if thats true, then how come Southern Republicans and the Alt-right are claiming the Confederacy as their heritage? You do know the Confederates fought for slavery, right?

Awesome tap dance, dude.

Anyway, you said that Democrats were the party of slavery...if thats true, then how come Southern Republicans and the Alt-right are claiming the Confederacy as their heritage? You do know the Confederates fought for slavery, right?

assuming facts not in evidence. Alt-right-minor fringe group-sort of like the AntiFa douche bags

assuming facts not in evidence. Alt-right-minor fringe group-sort of like the AntiFa douche bags

That doesn't explain why Southern Republicans are claiming that Confederate monuments represent their heritage. Why would they do that if "Democrats were the party of slavery?"

Alt-right is hardly a minor fringe group considering how they helped to elect Trump and have influence in policy making. You do know the Alt-right are white supremacists, right?

So why are Republicans defending the confederate heritage if Democrats are the party of slavery?

yes we want to destroy Washington and Jefferson because they founded a country that freed billion of slaves.

The country where slavery was legal for almost 100 years before the Civil War? The country that invaded the Confederacy to force those slaves states BACK INTO the union WITH their slavery to rejoin the three slaves states that did not succeed? The country where slavery was legal throughout the war and even after the war ended with it's two slave states, Maryland had only just made slavery illegal?

Question for how many years did slave look up and see the Star and Stripes versus how many years they looked up and saw the flag of the Confederacy. After the Civil War ended which flag did slaves look up and see?

That doesn't explain why Southern Republicans are claiming that Confederate monuments represent their heritage. Why would they do that if "Democrats were the party of slavery?"
Because for those 5 years we were another country that was invaded by a foreign country and many sons of the states defended and gave their lives for the state and they are honored for doing so.

Alt-right is hardly a minor fringe group considering how they helped to elect Trump and have influence in policy making. You do know the Alt-right are white supremacists, right?

Do show me where the white supremacist have had any influence on government policy. Show how they helped elect Trump.

Because for those 5 years we were another country that was invaded by a foreign country and many sons of the states defended and gave their lives for the state and they are honored for doing so.
They fought for slavery. Like Gen. Lee said, that's something that should be forgotten, not honored with granite monuments.

Do show me where the white supremacist have had any influence on government policy. Show how they helped elect Trump.

"Build that wall".

Trump's immigration policies aren't exactly a secret.

Alt-right leader, Steve Bannon was Trump's top adviser. It was Bannon's idea to shut down the government if congress didn't use taxpayer money to fund the wall. So instead of making Mexico pay for the wall like he promised...now Trump is threatening to hold our country hostage if we the taxpayers don't pay for it. So where are all those anti-national debt conservatives when we need them?

Trump built his base on birthers..aka..racists. Trump and former Sheriff Arpaio became the Birther's spokesmen and kept the movement alive. So if Trump pardons Arpaio, it will be a huge slap in the face to his victims who thought justice had finally been served and to Arizona voters who had just voted the racist out of office. The intent of Trump's rally in Phoenix was to stir up racial tensions...and violence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom