• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Serena Williama meltdown

So do you have anything to add, or are you still grammar nazing the thread?

In all honesty, I don't think her attitude had anything to do with the "SJW" movement/mentality. It's just poor sportsmanship (sportspeopleship as would say Trudeau).
Then again, it's true that some people hide behind the race card. However, I think that if anyone has a legitimate reason to pull out that card, it's somebody who's been repeatedly criticized because of their gender, race and - seriously - clothing.

I don't condone this type of behavior in sport, but I do understand where it's coming from.

Oh... and also... *naziing

In all honesty, I don't think her attitude had anything to do with the "SJW" movement/mentality. It's just poor sportsmanship (sportspeopleship as would say Trudeau).
Then again, it's true that some people hide behind the race card. However, I think that if anyone has a legitimate reason to pull out that card, it's somebody who's been repeatedly criticized because of their gender, race and - seriously - clothing.

I don't condone this type of behavior in sport, but I do understand where it's coming from.

Oh... and also... *naziing

I was thinking "naziing" was correct (even though spellcheck disagrees) just was not petty enough to make it an issue.

*don't have kittens* just a joke, right?

The chair umpire, Carlos Ramos, previously gave Rafael Nadal two warnings for slow play, and the Spaniard felt he was being unfairly treated. Carlos Ramos clearly overstepped his boundaries by taking a game away from Serena in the second set and making her lose the match. This should not be happening at a Grand Slam final. I think Carlos Ramos should be barred from top-tier tournaments.

From what I understand from the announcers in the video in the OP it doesn't matter if the player is taking coaching or not. If her coach is sending signals (which this guy admitted to) then that is counted against the player. Regardless if she wanted the coaching or not. As such, it was a valid call by the chair umpire.

The second code violation is an understandable one as it relates to good/poor sportsmanship. Most sports that I know of has penalties for poor sportsmanship. So again, a valid call.

And the final one was her calling the chair umpire names. Even in baseball that can get you thrown out of the game. So again, a valid call.

Since all those calls appear to be valid, granted form my very limited knowledge of tennis, why are you upset with them, and him?

From what I understand from the announcers in the video in the OP it doesn't matter if the player is taking coaching or not. If her coach is sending signals (which this guy admitted to) then that is counted against the player. Regardless if she wanted the coaching or not. As such, it was a valid call by the chair umpire.

The second code violation is an understandable one as it relates to good/poor sportsmanship. Most sports that I know of has penalties for poor sportsmanship. So again, a valid call.

And the final one was her calling the chair umpire names. Even in baseball that can get you thrown out of the game. So again, a valid call.

Since all those calls appear to be valid, granted form my very limited knowledge of tennis, why are you upset with them, and him?

A black prima donna, how dare they!

https://youtu.be/uiBrForlj-k

Notice*how she starts losing when she becomes a SJW instead of focusing on the game.

And it becomes everyone elses fault for her blowup and poor play

Thats sad but true form to modern day SJWs

it's everyone elses fault when you aren't able to focus on the tasks at hand

When male players start getting a game penalty for saying much worse than she did, you might have a point. But they don't, and neither do you.

https://youtu.be/uiBrForlj-k

Notice*how she starts losing when she becomes a SJW instead of focusing on the game.

And it becomes everyone elses fault for her blowup and poor play

Thats sad but true form to modern day SJWs

it's everyone elses fault when you aren't able to focus on the tasks at hand

Be careful my friend.

I called Serena a poor sport and for that, I was accused of being racist/sexist.

Another spoiled brat celebrity who ruined what should have been another woman's greatest day ever.

Serena*was classy enough to tell the crowd to stop booing. Good for her

Also, your wrong.
Smashing your raquet is classy? Cheating is classy? Calling the guy a thief was classy? She was getting creamed and simply couldnt accept her loss. Now its cuz of men. Jesus the left has completely lost it.

When male players start getting a game penalty for saying much worse than she did, you might have a point. But they don't, and neither do you.

She required three not one. 1) she cheated and was caught cold on video. Her coach admitted it. 2) She smashed her raquet 3) called the guy a thief.

Everything about what she got was 100% deserved. Youd have to be insane to say buh buh its cuz of men. They should teach leftists how to accept losing. They cant even handle losing a tennis match. Thats how bad it is.

Not the first time the Williams sisters use race or sexisme as an excuse for losing. I remember them accusing the WTA of racism because of a bad seeding... Guess the drugs they take are not as effective as they use to be.

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk

Not the first time the Williams sisters use race or sexisme as an excuse for losing. I remember them accusing the WTA of racism because of a bad seeding... Guess the drugs they take are not as effective as they use to be.

lol...you say that as if racism is not a factor in this discussion.

DmtUvwfU0AAgMYg.jpg

Obviously it is.

lol...you say that as if racism is not a factor in this discussion.

DmtUvwfU0AAgMYg.jpg

Obviously it is.
They accused the WTA of racism over a decade ago... they have used that card before as has their supporters. Problem is the girl on the other side of the net.... not exactly white.

They accused the WTA of racism over a decade ago... they have used that card before as has their supporters. Problem is the girl on the other side of the net.... not exactly white.

The Japanese girl didn't argue with the ump. This is about how the ump--and that moron who drew that cartoon along with the idiots who are bashing Serena--handled the disagreement. Their reaction is what is racist.

The Japanese girl didn't argue with the ump. This is about how the ump--and that moron who drew that cartoon along with the idiots who are bashing Serena--handled the disagreement. Their reaction is what is racist.
In this case she screwed up because she was losing to a "nobody". She paid the price and the whole sexism bs, is just that..bs and Americans defending their darling... much how they defended Armstrong.

Fact is also for what she did... the penalty was exactly what should happen.

Every player that breaks a racket in rage gets a penalty.. happens more often than you would expect.

Every player that verbally abuses the umpire gets a penalty and later a fine.

Every player that gets caught in "coaching" will get a penalty.

None of the above are in dispute and yet the Serena fans continue to make this about sexism and race.

I feel sorry for her opponent as this should have been the highlight of her career and it has been soiled by Serena and especially her supporters.

Also Naomi Osaka is a woman not a girl and by American standards she is black since her father is from Haiti.

In this case she screwed up because she was losing to a "nobody". She paid the price and the whole sexism bs, is just that..bs and Americans defending their darling... much how they defended Armstrong.

Fact is also for what she did... the penalty was exactly what should happen.

Every player that breaks a racket in rage gets a penalty.. happens more often than you would expect.

Every player that verbally abuses the umpire gets a penalty and later a fine.

Every player that gets caught in "coaching" will get a penalty.

None of the above are in dispute and yet the Serena fans continue to make this about sexism and race.

I feel sorry for her opponent as this should have been the highlight of her career and it has been soiled by Serena and especially her supporters.

Osaka is not a nobody. But, I have no doubt getting her ass beat led to her frustrated reaction. Nonetheless, the ump overreacted too. A warning for coaching, and then another for verbal abuse would have sufficed.

Serena really displayed poor sportsmanship. I felt so bad for Osaka. She got her moment taken away from her.

Be careful my friend.

I called Serena a poor sport and for that, I was accused of being racist/sexist.

Maybe because:

1 - You acted like she was the first ever tennis player to display such behavior ignoring decades of male tennis players acting like douches.

2 - You called her "ghetto".

:shrug:

But keep up the innocent "I just called her a poor sport!" act. :lol:

Last edited:
Osaka is not a nobody. But, I have no doubt getting her ass beat led to her frustrated reaction. Nonetheless, the ump overreacted too. A warning for coaching, and then another for verbal abuse would have sufficed.

Of course she aint a nobody to you and I... but to a superstar like Serena... she is a relative nobody. And no he did not overreact. The smashing of a racket is an automatic penalty. Verbal abuse is another and coaching is as bad as it gets.. it is cheating. The only ones overreacting are Serena and her fans... a bunch of sore losers.

Serena's point was that a male tennis player would not be docked a game for speaking out of line to an umpire. I'm not enough of a tennis fan to know if that is true, but a number other female tennis players have supported her and her argument.

She said she was being persecuted because she was a woman; claiming sexism. That's a "social justice" issue, just as the OP said. She didn't accept responsibility that it was her bad behavior that caused the penalties, just as the OP said.

Maybe she should start kneeling, other players do it when they can’t play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Serena is upset that a man wouldn't have been assessed a penalty in the same way.

Since tennis was the WTA--Women's Tennis Association and the men have the ATP--Association of Tennis Professionals, perhaps she should start there.

Ehh lazy. Easier to type "your" then "you're"

Reminds me of people who use the same excuse to not signal turns when driving. If you can't move your fingers a tiny bit....

Back
Top Bottom