• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senate Majority Leader Schumer Demands That FOX Yank Tucker Carlson's Microphone

SkyChief

USN Veteran
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
In a brazen act of defiance to the U.S. Constitution and Free Speech, Chuck Schumer demanded that Tucker Carlson's show be censored:

"These lies continue tonight, Rupert Murdoch, who has admitted they were lies and said he regretted it, has a special obligation to stop Tucker Carlson from going on tonight, now that he’s seen how he has perverted and slimed the truth, and from letting him go on again and again and again. Not because their views deserve such opprobrium, but because our democracy depends on it.”

LOL.

So Chuckie wants to suspend First Amendment rights to people he doesn't agree with. The message probably resonates with most dems and probably some republicans, too.

Thankfully, the U.S. Constitution's 1st Amendment protects ALL citizens equally. Congress members cannot pick and choose who gets to speak freely and who doesn't.

Chuck never read the Constitution, it seems. Or maybe he did but doesn't really understand it.

Last edited:
In a brazen act of defiance to the U.S. Constitution and Free Speech, Chuck Schumer demanded that Tucker Carlson's show be censored:

"These lies continue tonight, Rupert Murdoch, who has admitted they were lies and said he regretted it, has a special obligation to stop Tucker Carlson from going on tonight, now that he’s seen how he has perverted and slimed the truth, and from letting him go on again and again and again. Not because their views deserve such opprobrium, but because our democracy depends on it.”

LOL.

So Chuckie wants to suspend First Amendment rights to people he doesn't agree with. The message probably resonates with most dems and probably some republicans.

Thankfully, the U.S. Constitution's 1st Amendment protects ALL citizens equally. Congress members cannot pick and choose who gets to speak freely and who doesn't.

We learned this in grade school. Chuck never read the Constitution, it seems. Or maybe he did but doesn't really understand it.
Where does Schumer “demand” anything in your link?

Oh, right, there is no link……..

”Brazen act of defiance………..Schumer demanded…….”

What a crock!

What 'Chuckie' is trying to defend is peoples right to not be deliberately deceived by those profiting from the deception. Just like the law wouldn't let a financial advisor deliberately deceive you and steal your money without penalty, why should be let people deceive you and steal your political understanding which is possibly even more important?

LOL.

So Chuckie wants to suspend First Amendment rights to people he doesn't agree with. The message probably resonates with most dems and probably some republicans, too.

Chuck never read the Constitution, it seems. Or maybe he did but doesn't really understand it.
You got a link?

Assuming this even happened, Chuck Schumer is in no position to demand anything from FoxNews.

I may not like what Tucker Carlson is doing either but government getting into this will cause some real Constitutional concerns.

What 'Chuckie' is trying to defend is peoples right to not be deliberately deceived by those profiting from the deception. Just like the law wouldn't let a financial advisor deliberately deceive you and steal your money without penalty, why should be let people deceive you and steal your political understanding which is possibly even more important?
That's irrelevant.

A U.S. government official, who has sworn to respect and uphold the U.S. Constitution, is calling for a person's right to Free Speech to be taken away.

Senator Schumer should be impeached for his act of defiance, and betrayal of the office he holds. Not saying he will be, but he should be.

It's disgraceful. 😞

If someone doesn't like what Tucker Carlson says on his show, change the channel.

Last edited:
Ol' Chucky should know that you just can't fix stupid.

And as long as a crowd will gather at the Snake Oil Travelling Show, and buy the snake oil, there will be no shortage of con-men barkers ready and willing to sell it to them

Hate the game, don't hate the playa.

As long as people are stupid enough to tune in to FOXNews, they will have sponsors and lying liars will continue to lie. The viewers have no one to blame but themselves. Most others are smart enough to see through FOX's bullshit. If their dedicated viewers don't see through it, that's on them.

'Mer-uh-kuh.

Wow Chuck! It's simply remarkable to see the response to this loss of complete control of the narrative.
Check out the new posts and threads just on this forum. There are about 5 of them about Tucker in the currently most active set.

If enough people turn off the faux and don't buy things from their advertisers when possible, it will stop.
True but just the opposite is happening. I saw an article today saying Tucker's show is getting record breaking numbers of viewers in the last couple days.

That's irrelevant.

A U.S. government official, who has sworn to respect and uphold the U.S. Constitution, is calling for a person's right to Free Speech to be taken away.

Senator Schumer should be impeached for his act of defiance, and betrayal of the office he holds. Not saying he will be, but he should be.

It's disgraceful. 😞
That's not how I read it. What Schumer seems to be saying in fact is stop presenting lies. Saying that you want the lies to stop is different to what you are implying as disrespecting the constitution. Schumer suggested that Fox take responsibility for the damage they have already caused and stop any ongoing lying designed to even further damage US democracy. He didn't suggest that the govt intervene, he suggested that the companies owner should take more responsibility. To me that is exactly what should happen.

While the 1st amendment protects liars, I hope we can agree that protecting liars who deliberately deceive people is a unwelcome cost of protecting free speech rather than the intended outcome??

Leftists cant stand opposition voices to their commie rat narrative.

Assuming this even happened, Chuck Schumer is in no position to demand anything from FoxNews.

I may not like what Tucker Carlson is doing either but government getting into this will cause some real Constitutional concerns.
Certainly a voice of reason on this particular topic.
Just in case my meaning is unclear, I mean the poster who posted this quoted comment above.

LOL.

Not all speech is subject to 1st Amendment protection...
"To prove prima facie defamation, a plaintiff must show four things: 1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the reputation of the person or entity who is the subject of the statement."

Which of these do you believe tc hasn't done in regards to his whitewashing?

Leftists cant stand opposition voices to their commie rat narrative.
I can't argue this point. The reaction from the left that someone is showing video they didn't want to be viewed because it's inconsistent with their narrative, is stunning and growing more so by the second.

That's irrelevant.

It's disgraceful. 😞

If someone doesn't like what Tucker Carlson says on his show, change the channel.

Does it hurt to light your hair on fire?

That's not how I read it. What Schumer seems to be saying in fact is stop presenting lies. Saying that you want the lies to stop is different to what you are implying as disrespecting the constitution. Schumer suggested that Fox take responsibility for the damage they have already caused and stop any ongoing lying designed to even further damage US democracy. He didn't suggest that the govt intervene, he suggested that the companies owner should take more responsibility. To me that is exactly what should happen.
Schumer said: " . . . stop Tucker Carlson from going on tonight, . . ." . A U.S. Senator is telling a Cable Network to censor one of their hosts. To my knowledge, this is unprecedented.

It is certainly unconstitutional, and I pray Senator Schumer is held accountable for this act.
While the 1st amendment protects liars, I hope we can agree that protecting liars who deliberately deceive people is a unwelcome cost of protecting free speech rather than the intended outcome??
We don't agree on that. Free Speech is guaranteed in our Constitution. If you don't like what a person says, or you think that the person is not telling the truth, ignore them. Or change the channel.

I can't argue this point. The reaction from the left that someone is showing video they didn't want to be viewed because it's inconsistent with their narrative, is stunning and growing more so by the second.
We are talking about people that cheerfully endorsed the head of the FBI lying to FISA courts to secure fraudulent warrants...and investigations spurred on by people with a fully exposed agenda to 'stop' Trump.

You should familiarize yourself with time, place, and manner restrictions on free speech which include fraud including in some cases factual falsehoods.

Schumer said: " . . . stop Tucker Carlson from going on tonight, . . ." . A U.S. Senator is telling a Cable Network to censor one their hosts. To my knowledge, this is unprecedented.

It is certainly unconstitutional, and I pray Senator Schumer is held accountable for this act.

We don't agree on that. Free Speech is guaranteed in our Constitution. If you don't like what a person says, or you think that the person is not telling the truth, ignore them. Or change the channel.
Post the part before the bolded, don’t be dishonest.

Where was your outrage when the bully pulpit spoke up?

Not all speech is subject to 1st Amendment protection...
"To prove prima facie defamation, a plaintiff must show four things: 1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the reputation of the person or entity who is the subject of the statement."

Which of these do you believe tc hasn't done in regards to his whitewashing?
My opinion of Tucker Carlson message is irrelevant. This thread isn't defending anything that Carlson said or presented on his show. This is only to expose the people who brazenly try to take his rights of Free Speech away.

Schumer said: " . . . stop Tucker Carlson from going on tonight, . . ." . A U.S. Senator is telling a Cable Network to censor one of their hosts. To my knowledge, this is unprecedented.

Wow!! You are completely Ok that people are deliberately deceived to line the pockets of the deceivers, regardless of the damage it causes. So fraud is a 1st amendment protected activity to you. Saying that people can change channels is stupid and irrational. People won't "change the channel" because they don't know they are being lied to and played for fools to enrich the liars.

Tell me, when you found out Trump and/or his staff were calling social media companies asking them to take down (censor) content that upset Trump did you come here and demand that they were held accountable for what was a very deliberate and obvious breach of the 1st Amendment??? That's way more a direct breach of the constitution than what you are trying to claim for Schumer.

LOL.

Where would you guys get your daily dose of outrage if tucker is pulled?

Back
Top Bottom