• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senate Democrats just released full testimony on the Trump-Russia dossier

Simpson had no "factual reason to believe" the Trump Tower meeting was a Russian attempt to make contact with the Trump campaign, ......"

Except Don Jr. was told it was you mean..... and he "loved it".

The June 3, 2016, email sent to Donald Trump Jr. could hardly have been more explicit: One of his father’s former Russian business partners had been contacted by a senior Russian government official and was offering to provide the Trump campaign with dirt on Hillary Clinton.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/us/politics/trump-russia-email-clinton.html

You are partially correct. This release is an ATTEMPT to neutralize the Congressional investigations.

It won't work.

Notwithstanding the Senate Intelligence Committee investigation, as of now anyway, the Congressional "investigations" are not serious. They have neutralized themselves already.

Notwithstanding the Senate Intelligence Committee investigation, as of now anyway, the Congressional "investigations" are not serious. They have neutralized themselves already.

I don't think you understand what they are investigating.

Tell you what...watch this short video:

I don't think you understand what they are investigating.

Tell you what...watch this short video:

I do understand what they are supposedly investigating. That is what makes it joke. They have brought their Fast and Furious playbook to try again. The Keystone Cops IV. Its only purpose is deflection. Its not serious. I'm sorry you fail to see it.

BTW. Jim Jordan is an idiot.

I do understand what they are supposedly investigating. That is what makes it joke. They have brought their Fast and Furious playbook to try again. The Keystone Cops IV. Its only purpose is deflection. Its not serious. I'm sorry you fail to see it.

I belief Lindsey graham and Chuck Grassley are just as complicit ats Jim jordan

I belief Lindsey graham and Chuck Grassley are just as complicit ats Jim jordan

They aren't idiots (actually Grassley is; Graham is not) but what they did referring Steele and Fusion GPS back to justice was an idiotic political move. After all, the FBI already had (and investigated) the dossier. They already decided there as no there, there.

I really wish the Republican party would actually grow up and be adults. They have done nothing but play petty political games since Gingrich was speaker. This is no way to run a country.

They aren't idiots (actually Grassley is; Graham is not) but what they did referring Steele and Fusion GPS back to justice was an idiotic political move. After all, the FBI already had (and investigated) the dossier. They already decided there as no there, there.

I really wish the Republican party would actually grow up and be adults. They have done nothing but play petty political games since Gingrich was speaker. This is no way to run a country.

The Republican Party is trying to return American society to the gilded age, undoing the legacy of presidents LBJ, FDR, and teddy Roosevelt.it is lassie fare on steroids.

It doesn't bother you that high level employees in the FBI and DOJ, as indicated by their own text messages to each other, are leaking information to the media? Doesn't it bother you that those high level employees are working...possibly with an even higher level employee (Andy)...to prevent a candidate from winning an election? Doesn't it bother you that they could be using government resources for their own political ends?

In any case, how are these investigations deflecting from anything? What are they deflecting from?

They knew the narrative being pushed on Fox News and Capitol Hill by republicans was bull****, but they actively tried to promote it. They could have easily corrected it, but they chose to keep pushing it, even calling for criminal investigation with no basis in reality for doing so.

They should resign.

They knew the narrative being pushed on Fox News and Capitol Hill by republicans was bull****, but they actively tried to promote it. They could have easily corrected it, but they chose to keep pushing it, even calling for criminal investigation with no basis in reality for doing so.

They should resign.

Or maybe watch some Japanese samurai films.

Washington times??? Do you really want to go with a peice of media that pushed the birther conspiracy??

Do you dispute the fact that the FBI is now giving Nunes the documents he's been asking for since August?

BAAAAM!!! Looks like the bull**** false narrative about the dossier/memos being the basis of the FBI investigations has just been destroyed: there was a whistleblower inside the Trump org/Trump campaign who went to the FBI before they had the Steele memos.

It would be a low class player who because of his lack of character and general weirdness has no chance of making it on his own. Probably Pence.

Do you dispute the fact that the FBI is now giving Nunes the documents he's been asking for since August?

It doesn't matter one bit. What matters is that you are using a source that promotes conspiracy theories.. or has in the past. The FBI giving nunes the documents just means they are ready to give them to him. Anything else is wild speculation.

It doesn't bother you that high level employees in the FBI and DOJ, as indicated by their own text messages to each other, are leaking information to the media? Doesn't it bother you that those high level employees are working...possibly with an even higher level employee (Andy)...to prevent a candidate from winning an election? Doesn't it bother you that they could be using government resources for their own political ends?

In any case, how are these investigations deflecting from anything? What are they deflecting from?

If this helps you sleep at night, great.

But the issue is a farce. I'm not worried about it as there is nothing there. Its deflecting from investigations into: the Russian interference in the US election; potential collusion by the Trump campaign to that end; Trump family corruption; emoluments, money laundering, influence buying, conspiracy to commit election fraud, obstruction of justice and treason. But, it really won't detract from those investigations; it is will just numb those from having to deal with the reality of those investigations will eventually lead to good 'ole American justice.

It will help the Republicans and their supporters sleep at night with this false sense of security that other people committed crimes and will be prosecuted. Meanwhile, Mueller and his team of exceptionally competent forensic attorneys and accountants go to work each day. They will eventually get the truth and the Trump team will eventually face the music. Pity the foo that falls for this distraction.

I actually welcome the sideshow, because it keeps the idiots busy while the real work gets done.

Last edited:
Steele's background...credible or not...doesn't automatically extend to this dossier he cooked up for the Democrats.
Of course it does, it's Steele's work...work he has done for decades, and has provided on other U.S. intelligence needs (and other developed nation's intelligence needs).
He vouches for it, says like 70-80% will check out (if it hasn't all already). It's raw intelligence, and Mueller is doing an in-depth investigation, in contrast.

Whether I "like" the information or not is irrelevant. The dossier just isn't credible.

There is no evidence that the Dossier's hundreds of claims, are not all credible. You would post that evidence here, in full, if it existed. It doesn't, it's why we know your post is full of ****. Actually, we know that just because you posted it, but anyone with a brain knows that one too.

Evidently not as so far the dossier has been about as reliable as
You're communicating nothing. Evidence it's lack of credibility, else, it's obvious your claims have no credibility. See how that works?

not really as other people have pointed out nothing implicates trump in collusion.
You missed the point. Steele discovered Russia trying on many angles, in many ways, to meddle in our election, to get blackmail on Trump, etc.
These things are a national security risk, and have nothing to do with Russia/Trump collusion.

This is why you and the others like you are literally threatining our national securty with your stupid misinf

:doh typical liberal it doesn't exist because i say so yet.

I don't see how that's ironclad facts... like this:
Washington (CNN)The former Democratic National Committee contractor at the center of allegations that Democrats worked with Ukrainian officials to dig up dirt on then-presidential candidate Donald Trump told CNN Friday that DNC officials never asked her to "go to the Ukrainian Embassy to collect information....
"When it was announced that the Trump campaign hired Manafort, many Ukrainian-Americans were alarmed and concerned it was an early signal that Putin was trying to influence the US election," Chalupa said. "At that time, I flagged for the DNC the significance of his hire based on information in the public domain."

So much for your evidence.

CNN: FBI used Trump dossier to obtain FISA warrant against Carter Page
What is that link, looked like it was Russian.
In any case, there is no evidence what the FBI used for the FISA warrants. Not that it's relevant, but they have never to my knowledge release it. Your partisan speculation != facts.

You guys are worse than Russia trolls when it comes to spreading disinformation.

You're communicating nothing. Evidence it's lack of credibility, else, it's obvious your claims have no credibility. See how that works?

You missed the point. Steele discovered Russia trying on many angles, in many ways, to meddle in our election, to get blackmail on Trump, etc.
These things are a national security risk, and have nothing to do with Russia/Trump collusion.

This is why you and the others like you are literally threatining our national securty with your stupid misinf

:doh typical liberal it doesn't exist because i say so yet.

I don't see how that's ironclad facts... like this:

So much for your evidence.

CNN: FBI used Trump dossier to obtain FISA warrant against Carter Page
What is that link, looked like it was Russian.
In any case, there is no evidence what the FBI used for the FISA warrants. Not that it's relevant, but they have never to my knowledge release it. Your partisan speculation != facts.

You guys are worse than Russia trolls when it comes to spreading disinformation.

Actually, there IS evidence what the FBI used for the FISA request...and Nunes has it. That's not disinformation. That's fact.

Should be interesting. I wonder why Grassley lied to his constituents when he said he would release it and then blocked it's release?

Senate Democrats just released full testimony on the Trump-Russia dossier. Here's what's in it

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., on Tuesday released the full transcript from Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson's testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee regarding Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

"The innuendo and misinformation circulating about the transcript are part of a deeply troubling effort to undermine the investigation into potential collusion and obstruction of justice," Feinstein said in a statement. "The only way to set the record straight is to make the transcript public."​
Glad they did it, of one side is going to use it and the other side is going to attack it then the American People should know what is actually in it.

Haven't read the whole transcript, so I'll just touch on a couple of the highlights in that article.

Okay. Simpson makes a claim here (concerning Trump's tax returns), but then we have this (Simpson admitting to not having access to Trump's tax returns).

Simpson touched on how the Trump Organization handles paying taxes: "One of the things we found out was that, you know, when it comes to paying taxes, Donald Trump claims to not have much stuff. At least the Trump organization. So they would make filings with various state and local authorities saying that their buildings weren't worth much."

usion GPS did not secure full access to Trump's tax returns, Simpson said: "They were Trump properties and I believe we may have reviewed some public information about estate taxes and things like that. We didn't have access to his tax returns."

So...he makes claims on how Trump handles his taxes, but admits he didn't have access to Trump's tax returns. Sounds to me like his claims are his opinions and, at best, speculation.

Dismissed.

I'm still reading through the transcript myself - up to page 70 as of this post - and I've read the portion concerning how Trump Org. "estimates" the value of their properties for tax purposes, and I think what Simpson was referring to was public records rather than state or federal taxes. How Trump treats his real estate properties for state and local tax purpose is already well known, however. It's really what he may be hiding in his federal taxes that really remains a mystery (to the public).

Last edited:
Whats funny is you guys celebrating but once again duped and suckered by the MSM...

read the actual article. It supports that there was no collusion between trump and russia.

Where does it say that?

I think the third bullet in the article indicates as such. Then again, this dossier was created by collusion with Russians.

I think you mean the 8th bullet point.

Fusion GPS concluded that Trump "exaggerated" his properties' worth in legal filings — but that did not indicate or show connections to Russia: "Not that I recall."

But that comment had nothing to do with any connections between the Trump campaign and Russian officials/associates during the presidential campaign. That statement is related strictly to Trump properties.

Actually, there IS evidence what the FBI used for the FISA request...and Nunes has it. That's not disinformation. That's fact.

Please do share your evidence. TIA

I'm still reading through the transcript myself - up to page 70 as of this post - and I've read the portion concerning how Trump Org. "estimates" the value of their properties for tax purposes, and I think what Simpson was referring to was public records rather than state or federal taxes. How Trump treats his real estate properties for state and local tax purpose is already well known, however. It's really what he may be hiding in his federal taxes that really remains a mystery (to the public).

What could he be hiding that has any relevance to anything? If there is anything illegal, the IRS would be all over it.

In any case, what Simpson had to say about all that is pure speculation. As I said...dismissed.

What could he be hiding that has any relevance to anything? If there is anything illegal, the IRS would be all over it.

In any case, what Simpson had to say about all that is pure speculation. As I said...dismissed.

What is likely hiding is the degree to which the Russian and Russian interests account for his net worth.

The IRS has nothing to do with state and local taxes, including property taxes, to which the article refers. Moreover, the IRS is way understaffed, and really isn't that on top of US taxes.

Back
Top Bottom