• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senate Democrats just released full testimony on the Trump-Russia dossier

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Should be interesting. I wonder why Grassley lied to his constituents when he said he would release it and then blocked it's release?

Senate Democrats just released full testimony on the Trump-Russia dossier. Here's what's in it

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., on Tuesday released the full transcript from Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson's testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee regarding Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

"The innuendo and misinformation circulating about the transcript are part of a deeply troubling effort to undermine the investigation into potential collusion and obstruction of justice," Feinstein said in a statement. "The only way to set the record straight is to make the transcript public."​

Given that it was an unclassified session, I suspect (possibly wrongly) there won't be a lot of meat on this bone, for either side of the debate. It is good, however, for the testimony to be released and made publicly available.

Given that it was an unclassified session, I suspect (possibly wrongly) there won't be a lot of meat on this bone, for either side of the debate. It is good, however, for the testimony to be released and made publicly available.

I don't think there will be a lot of meat either but what doing this does... it keeps the republicans from parsing it and leaking pieces to their propaganda networks to use as out of context weaponry. Which they've been doing and why Fusion wanted it all released.

It would sure be easier for me if they released the 312 pages when I had more time to read through them.

Should be interesting. I wonder why Grassley lied to his constituents when he said he would release it and then blocked it's release?

Senate Democrats just released full testimony on the Trump-Russia dossier. Here's what's in it

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., on Tuesday released the full transcript from Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson's testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee regarding Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

"The innuendo and misinformation circulating about the transcript are part of a deeply troubling effort to undermine the investigation into potential collusion and obstruction of justice," Feinstein said in a statement. "The only way to set the record straight is to make the transcript public."​

BAAAAM!!! Looks like the bull**** false narrative about the dossier/memos being the basis of the FBI investigations has just been destroyed: there was a whistleblower inside the Trump org/Trump campaign who went to the FBI before they had the Steele memos.

Rough week for Trump and his sycophants.

This should be interesting.

I don't think there will be a lot of meat either but what doing this does... it keeps the republicans from parsing it and leaking pieces to their propaganda networks to use as out of context weaponry. Which they've been doing and why Fusion wanted it all released.
I try not to pay too much attention to those things...what leaks were they stating?
It would sure be easier for me if they released the 312 pages when I had more time to read through them.
Surely you've heard the expression "once it's on the Internet, it stays on the Internet forever"?

That doesn't just go for nudie pics, you know. ;)

You've likely already made up your mind about the conclusions, so why waste your time?

Whoah. An internal source in the Trump organization had already beaten Steele to the punch by going to the FBI first.

A debrief I think is what he probably
22 said, they had debriefed him. I don't remember him
23 articulating the specifics of that. You know, my
24 understanding was that they would have gotten into
25 who his sources were, how he knew certain things,

1 and, you know, other details based on their own
2 intelligence. Essentially what he told me was they
3 had other intelligence about this matter from an
4 internal Trump campaign source and that -- that
5 they -- my understanding was that they believed
6 Chris at this point -- that they believed Chris's
7 information might be credible because they had
8 other intelligence that indicated the same thing
9 and one of those pieces of intelligence was a human
10 source from inside the Trump organization.

Whoah. An internal source in the Trump organization had already beaten Steele to the punch by going to the FBI first.

A debrief I think is what he probably
22 said, they had debriefed him. I don't remember him
23 articulating the specifics of that. You know, my
24 understanding was that they would have gotten into
25 who his sources were, how he knew certain things,

1 and, you know, other details based on their own
2 intelligence. Essentially what he told me was they
3 had other intelligence about this matter from an
4 internal Trump campaign source and that -- that
5 they -- my understanding was that they believed
6 Chris at this point -- that they believed Chris's
7 information might be credible because they had
8 other intelligence that indicated the same thing
9 and one of those pieces of intelligence was a human
10 source from inside the Trump organization.

I wonder who that might be?

I wonder who that might be?

Simpson won't say in order to protect the source. But this...

MR. LEVY: And I would just add that there
3 are privileges and obligations that might be
4 implicated in the disclosure of any source related
5 to this matter.
6 BY MS. SAWYER:
7 Q. Was this individual also a person who had
8 been a source for Mr. Steele, without identifying
9 who that was?
10 A. No.
11 Q. So this was someone independent of
12 Mr. Steele's sources who potentially had
13 information also on the same topics?
14 A. Yes. I mean, I don't think this
15 implicates any of the issues to say I think it was
16 a voluntary source, someone who was concerned about
17 the same concerns we had.
18 MR. DAVIS: I'm having a hard time hearing
19 you. Please speak up.
20 BY THE WITNESS:
21 A. It was someone like us who decided to pick
22 up the phone and report something.

It would be both amazing and hilarious if the mole were still in the admin, but that might be asking for too much and doesn't seem likely.

This reminds me of Jone Le Carre's Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy, the Alec Guiness version. Control was paranoid about there being a mole in the Circus & he was right.

It would be both amazing and hilarious if the mole were still in the admin, but that might be asking for too much and doesn't seem likely.

I dunno. With the number of leaks coming out of the White House, my feeling is that it's extremely likely.

Haven't read the whole transcript, so I'll just touch on a couple of the highlights in that article.

Simpson touched on how the Trump Organization handles paying taxes: "One of the things we found out was that, you know, when it comes to paying taxes, Donald Trump claims to not have much stuff. At least the Trump organization. So they would make filings with various state and local authorities saying that their buildings weren't worth much."

Okay. Simpson makes a claim here, but then we have this.

Fusion GPS did not secure full access to Trump's tax returns, Simpson said: "They were Trump properties and I believe we may have reviewed some public information about estate taxes and things like that. We didn't have access to his tax returns."

So...he makes claims on how Trump handles his taxes, but admits he didn't have access to Trump's tax returns. Sounds to me like his claims are his opinions and, at best, speculation.

Dismissed.

And then, we have this.

Simpson said he only become aware of the infamous Trump Tower meeting between Donald Trump Jr. and a Russian lawyer when it was reported in the New York Times: "I was stunned."

Simpson had no "factual reason to believe" the Trump Tower meeting was a Russian attempt to make contact with the Trump campaign, but: "You know, as a sort of question of counterintelligence and just general investigation of Russian methods and that sort of thing, I think that's a reasonable interpretation."

So...more speculation...however, we know that that Russian lawyer lady met with Simpson both immediately before and immediately after that Trump Tower meeting. Seems to me doubts about Simpson's truthfulness are in order.

Dismissed...with qualifications.

I'm thinking Congress might need to talk to Simpson again...clarify some things. Especially after seeing those bank records.

As long as transparency of US campaigns and everything relating to elections or Presidents does not harm foreign policy or harm diplomatic relations, more transparency is always a good thing.

I dunno. With the number of leaks coming out of the White House, my feeling is that it's extremely likely.

Time for Trump's version of the White House Plumbers, a la Nixon's Watergate.

Hey, isn't it overdue to have one of the right inject a post or two about the Clintons? They like to change the subject when the thread gets hot.

And with the amount of chaos in the West Wing, it would explain why those incompetents couldn't deduce that someone was doing so and who it might be.

"NO MORE CELL PHONES AT WORK!!! There. Fixed it!"

Simpson won't say in order to protect the source.

And why is Simpson hesitant to name his sources?

14 MR. FOSTER: So without getting into naming
15 the sources or anything like that, what steps did
16 you take to try to verify their credibility?
17 MR. SIMPSON: I'm going to decline to answer
18 that.
19 MR. FOSTER: Why?
20 MR. LEVY: It's a voluntary interview, and in
21 addition to that he wants to be very careful to
22 protect his sources. Somebody's already been
23 killed as a result of the publication of this
24 dossier
and no harm should come to anybody related
25 to this honest work.

And with the amount of chaos in the West Wing, it would explain why those incompetents couldn't deduce that someone was doing so and who it might be.

"NO MORE CELL PHONES AT WORK!!! There. Fixed it!"

Time for a break-in at the DNC?

And why is Simpson hesitant to name his sources?

14 MR. FOSTER: So without getting into naming
15 the sources or anything like that, what steps did
16 you take to try to verify their credibility?
17 MR. SIMPSON: I'm going to decline to answer
18 that.
19 MR. FOSTER: Why?
20 MR. LEVY: It's a voluntary interview, and in
21 addition to that he wants to be very careful to
22 protect his sources. Somebody's already been
23 killed as a result of the publication of this
24 dossier
and no harm should come to anybody related
25 to this honest work.

Someone has already been killed? Who? And why? And who killed who?

I'll just bet the Obamas are enjoying the show. And the Clintons as well.

Whats funny is you guys celebrating but once again duped and suckered by the MSM...

read the actual article. It supports that there was no collusion between trump and russia.

Back
Top Bottom