• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Self Check Out

Do not mind them, but it would be nice if they still kept some checkers working, plus since the store is saving money one should get a discount for doing all the work.

I consider my time a discount...little waiting, if any, and my groceries aren't smashed to smithereens...2 pluses...

I use it because it gives me greater control over what I'm paying for. Far too often a cashier is ringing things up so fast I can see if the right price is being charged or not. This way I can make sure things ring up right.

Yeah, cost the owners more and pretend like you're helping someone! :roll:

Amazing how grocery stores were even able to exist prior to like 10 years ago when these things started popping up. :roll:

**** the owners, I'll shop where providing jobs and customer service is prioritized, why wouldn't I? Isn't that the way it's supposed to go in a free market? Vote with your wallet? hehe...

Besides...you want me to do the work of a cashier so the owners get to pay less? **** that too.... :lol:

Do not mind them, but it would be nice if they still kept some checkers working, plus since the store is saving money one should get a discount for doing all the work.

Exactly, like Nate wrote...the cost savings of fewer cashiers isnt funneling down to us...but we're doing the work.

I do what suits my time frame and groceries/items.

Exactly, like Nate wrote...the cost savings of fewer cashiers isnt funneling down to us...but we're doing the work.

I do what suits my time frame and groceries/items.

Same here. With large purchases I make hrm do it with small ones I deal with it myself.

Do you use it?

I love self checkout. I normally don't buy a whole lot in one go so it makes more sense for me to do it myself than to wait behind someone with a cart stuffed full. It's easy, it's efficient and I love it.

What say you?

I prefer check out lines. I like to hit on the cashiers and talk about vegetables.

Back
Top Bottom