• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Self Check Out

Not being mean but it is a matter of respect to others. Just as you probably would get miffed being in the 10 items or less line and have someone with a overflowing cart in front of you.

An overflowing cart in front of me is impolite, rude really. Taking my time doesn't mean I take a break every so often, but making sure not to pack the gallon of milk on top of my lettuce. That is something a cashier with an attitude would do. Lets face it, some of them act like they have better things to do.

Do you use it?

I love self checkout. I normally don't buy a whole lot in one go so it makes more sense for me to do it myself than to wait behind someone with a cart stuffed full. It's easy, it's efficient and I love it.

What say you?

yes, every opportunity I have I use the self check option; easy, quick, don't have to talk with some human with 'issues' ......... if U know what I mean .......

Do you use it?

I love self checkout. I normally don't buy a whole lot in one go so it makes more sense for me to do it myself than to wait behind someone with a cart stuffed full. It's easy, it's efficient and I love it.

What say you?

I use it more often now. I remember feeling like a total moron when I didn't know what to do, but I'm good at it now. Pretty quick and easy once you get used to it.

yes, every opportunity I have I use the self check option; easy, quick, don't have to talk with some human with 'issues' ......... if U know what I mean .......

"Issues"? Sounds kinda jerky to me.

"Issues"? Sounds kinda jerky to me.

I don't go to a retail store to have a conversation with a cashier with 'issues' ......... know what I mean? ....... I go there to purchase & leave AQAP ........

I don't go to a retail store to have a conversation with a cashier with 'issues' ......... know what I mean? ....... I go there to purchase & leave AQAP ........

Why don't you just say what you mean instead of tip-toeing around it?

And now shy people don’t have to be embarrassed when buying “personal items”.

Reminds me of something that happened a few months ago. My friend and I had walked to CVS, and he had bought some condoms. Clerk was giving us both nasty looks. :lol:

I like it. The Kroger's near me has portable scanners now, so you scan and bag as you shop, then scan a barcode at the self check out where your total will appear and you're good to go.

Kroger Scan, Bag, Go.jpg

Why don't you just say what you mean instead of tip-toeing around it?

uh, I go to a retail 'brick & mortar' location for a purchase, not a conversation .......... what do you want?

I take it you are a cashier at a grocery store? :lol:

uh, I go to a retail 'brick & mortar' location for a purchase, not a conversation .......... what do you want?

I take it you are a cashier at a grocery store? :lol:

No, I take "issue" with rude customers, though.

Do you use it?

What say you?

If I have one or two items, I don't mind using the self checkout. But if I have a whole cart full, I have learned from bitter experience that it takes a lot longer to check yourself out and bag everything most especially since the machine will jam one or more times and you have to wait for somebody to come fix it during the process.

Do you use it?

What say you?

When I am getting a small (10 or less) number of items I love the self check out.
Usually you just walk up to a register and check your self out. Quick and painless.

But if I am getting our grocery's for the week I head for a regular check out person.
It seems easier with all the fruits and veggies needing the code for them.

I do go to Home Depot on a somewhat regular basis but I always go to a human to get the 10% I get because of my military ID. I am told that I could get the human at the self checker to do it but I dont.

I wishing shopping carts had little yellow flags that one could put upright for shoppers like you. That way I could avoid your line.

And also includes those who wait until the cashier gives them the total then they pull out a checkbook and laughingly ask What is the date?

Same with 'chatty Cathy's'....jeebus folks, I have plans and they dont include standing around cringing at the cover of the Enquirer and realizing people suck that stuff up...probably the ones chatting up the cashiers.

I do go to Home Depot on a somewhat regular basis but I always go to a human to get the 10% I get because of my military ID. I am told that I could get the human at the self checker to do it but I dont.

Home Depot gives 10% every time?

Same with 'chatty Cathy's'....jeebus folks, I have plans and they dont include standing around cringing at the cover of the Enquirer and realizing people suck that stuff up...probably the ones chatting up the cashiers.

You must have nice cashiers where you go. Around here, they have trouble saying hi.

Home Depot gives 10% every time?

Even to the husband of a vet. Not for rentals though, to include RugDoctor. When we did the restaurant I went with the remodeling contractor to the store and bought a lot of stuff.....all of it 10% off. Clearly that is most if not all of their profit they are giving away, I sure figured it would go away by now but so far no.

I use the self checkout in Home Depot.

The one market we have near us that has self checkout is also the most expensive market in the neighborhood so we stopped shopping there.

And also includes those who wait until the cashier gives them the total then they pull out a checkbook and laughingly ask What is the date?

I have to force myself to not sigh really loudly when the person in front of me slowly digs their checkbook out. I mean ... what year is this again?

Do you use it?

What say you?

Nah, never use them. Use a human check out, save a job... :)

Even to the husband of a vet. Not for rentals though, to include RugDoctor. When we did the restaurant I went with the remodeling contractor to the store and bought a lot of stuff.....all of it 10% off. Clearly that is most if not all of their profit they are giving away, I sure figured it would go away by now but so far no.

That is all year, every purchase? I need to know before I send someone there. Thank you in advance.

Do you use it?

What say you?

Do not mind them, but it would be nice if they still kept some checkers working, plus since the store is saving money one should get a discount for doing all the work.

Back
Top Bottom