• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sally Yates, Defending DOJ, Says Michael Flynn Talks Neutered U.S. Russia Policy

Again, you are asserting facts which are not in evidence. If you're going to wave around the whole "Intelligence Consultant" flag then just tell us straight.... is this assertion a product of your purported background?

Let me try it this way. To conduct a secure call, both ends must sync up -- they must be in the same system. There was no common secure system between Flynn and the Russian embassy.

He's both a dim bulb and a liar.

No, sorry... the whole "too stupid to walk and chew gum" argument isn't going to hold water for me, for the reasons I cited in my post. He would have to be a borderline idiot to be that stupid... and a borderline idiot wouldn't have made it past Major, no matter how long he served.

No, sorry... the whole "too stupid to walk and chew gum" argument isn't going to hold water for me, for the reasons I cited in my post. He would have to be a borderline idiot to be that stupid... and a borderline idiot wouldn't have made it past Major, no matter how long he served.

I dealt with him. He's both dim and dishonest.

Let me try it this way. To conduct a secure call, both ends must sync up -- they must be in the same system. There was no common secure system between Flynn and the Russian embassy.

Of course, this is assuming Flynn wasn't already in possession of such a system.

He was not.

You're sure about this? Because it has always seemed to me that he had unusually cozy relations with the Russians:

FLYNN-PUTIN-e1484382341463.jpg

So let's say for argument's sake that he was operating as an unregistered lobbyist for certain Russian interests. Well, they would want a reliable and secure means of communicating with him at all times, would they not?

I'm not here to defend the Trump gang, but that doesn't require me to admire his enemies, either.

I was merely pointing out why he didn't trust the FBI. It came long before he ran for president.

You're sure about this? Because it has always seemed to me that he had unusually cozy relations with the Russians:

View attachment 67290429

So let's say for argument's sake that he was operating as an unregistered lobbyist for certain Russian interests. Well, they would want a reliable and secure means of communicating with him at all times, would they not?

No. If he possessed such equipment he would already be in prison. This conversation has run its course.

I don't know what is so hard to grasp about this simple proposition. Only the FBI knew what the FBI knew. Flynn didn't know. The Russians didn't know.

As the FBI knew, the USA knew.
No blackmail potential.

That would depend on the nature, frequency, and duration of his contacts with the Russians, would it not?

The backdrop of all this is the insistence that there was some sort of conspiracy between Trump and Russia during the 2016 election.
There wasn't.

Once that is understood, it is apparent what had happened- Flynn was asked details about an innocuous conversation held a few weeks before.
Then he was asked about the same conversation months later-- without having the opportunity to review the transcript of what he said either time.
The man forgot details. It isn't that complicated.

The backdrop of all this is the insistence that there was some sort of conspiracy between Trump and Russia during the 2016 election.
There wasn't.

Once that is understood, it is apparent what had happened- Flynn was asked details about an innocuous conversation held a few weeks before.
Then he was asked about the same conversation months later-- without having the opportunity to review the transcript of what he said either time.
The man forgot details. It isn't that complicated.

Since you're "the expert", at least on Barr-Shea-Lindsey-Trump spin, remind readers how many times Flynn claimed later to investigators, that during his convos with Kislyak, Flynn was not even aware the Obama admin. had imposed sanctions, because of poor cellular signal in his DR location?

Link to the 302 of Flynn:
https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.dcd.191592/gov.uscourts.dcd.191592.198.7.pdf

It's not the crime, but the cover up. Trump took a year to answer, or not, these questions. He was unresponsive.

What Mueller asked Trump, what he said in reply - and the questions he simply didn't answer | Daily Mail Online
What Mueller asked Trump, what he said in reply - and the questions he simply didn't answer | Daily Mail Online

What Mueller asked Trump, what he said in reply - and the string of written questions he simply ignored including: did you ask anyone to set up a back channel to Moscow?
SPECIAL COUNSEL'S OFFICE:

g. On July 27, 2016, in response to a question about whether you would recognize Crimea as Russian territory and lift sanctions on Russia, you said: 'We'll be looking at that. Yeah, we'll be looking.' Did you intend to communicate by that statement or at any other time during the campaign a willingness to lift sanctions and/or recognize Russia's annexation of Crimea if you were elected?

i. What consideration did you give to lifting sanctions and/or recognizing Russia's annexation of Crimea if you were elected? Describe who you spoke with about this topic, when, the substance of the discussion(s).

TRUMP: No response = (obstruction of Mueller investigation)

Flynn and KT MacFarland, who was communicating (directing) Flynn from Mar-A-Lago, both suffered "career interruption" as a result of covering up the same problem, the fact that the President-elect was aware of Flynn's "efforts" in real time. The two fell on their swords for "der leader", I'm being tactful in my description.

You can believe ardently in "alternative facts" and post them over and over, but you're only preaching to your own choir.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6002293/190322-Redacted-Mueller-Report.pdf
FlynnMuellerRptSanctions_1of3.jpg
FlynnMuellerRptSanctions_2of3.jpg
FlynnMuellerRptSanctions_3of3.jpg

Last edited:
I just don't see why the Flynn apologists ignore these simple facts.

We read the transcript of the phone conversations with the ambassador. He didn't lie.

How do you even get through the day?

Everything you write is so idiotic.

Yeah, from Biden himself we learned "they asked for an investigation" and Obama granted them their wish.

Read the article:

Yates also rejected assertions that a discussion of a potential violation by Flynn of the Logan Act — a largely obsolete 18th-century law intended to prevent private citizens from interfering in foreign policy — was a central focus of the FBI’s reason for pursuing its Flynn investigation. Rather, she said, Flynn’s conversations with Kislyak and subsequent lies about those calls both publicly and to FBI agents investigating Russia’s efforts, were an obvious counterintelligence risk.

Maybe he shouldn't have lied to the FBI then, which is a crime.

Yet the logan act doesn't apply because Flynn was part of an incoming administrative person.
The logan act has never been used to get anyone with and frankly there are questions about it's constitutionality from the get go.

It was FLynn's job to converse with other national leaders. It was his job in the Trump admin.
Please learn facts before posting nonsense that doesn't apply.

Truth in point, it had run it's course when you put yourself out there as the fount of all knowledge and started talking in declarations devoid of fact.

No good deed goes unpunished. I was trying to help you avoid embarrassing yourself.

Back
Top Bottom