• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sally Yates, Defending DOJ, Says Michael Flynn Talks Neutered U.S. Russia Policy

That is always assumed.

Correction... it is always assumed for discussions carried out in the clear over an open line.

However... it is a well-known phenomena that people and organizations can place undue confidence in their often elaborate security precautions, is it not?

Correction... it is always assumed for discussions carried out in the clear over an open line.

However... it is a well-known phenomena that people and organizations can place undue confidence in their often elaborate security precautions, is it not?

This was an open line call.

Nope. He was acting on behalf of the POTUS-elect.

Then there was no reason to lie... not to the Vice President, not to the White House Chief of Staff, not to the White House Press Secretary, and certainly not to the FBI Counterintelligence Agents.

Then there was no reason to lie... not to the Vice President, not to the White House Chief of Staff, not to the White House Press Secretary, and certainly not to the FBI Counterintelligence Agents.

Depends on what his orders from POTUS were.

Sorry, but foreign countries don't care at all about the fine distinctions of US bureaucracy. They care about proximity to POTUS.

And they care about various individual's access to information regardless how proximity, which may require some fine distinction of bureaucracy during source acquisition in the more sophisticated operations.

Are you like me and think that National Security is intricately intertwined in foreign policy, diplomacy and political decision making in the first place?

Depends on what his orders from POTUS were.

Not really. He could have refused to answer the FBI's questions citing that precise reason, could he not? But he didn't. Don't you find that to be curious?

And if the call was made in the clear, then he should have known the FBI would have been monitoring it... so why lie to the FBI? Don't you think he must have had reason to believe that it wasn't monitored?

This was an open line call.

which staggers the imagination why Flynn would be so sloppy and forget that all russian diplomatic domestic communications are monitored.

And they care about various individual's access to information regardless how proximity, which may require some fine distinction of bureaucracy during source acquisition in the more sophisticated operations.

Are you like me and think that National Security is intricately intertwined in foreign policy, diplomacy and political decision making in the first place?

If you're in a foreign embassy you spend a lot of time trying to understand real relationships, not organization charts.

Not really. He could have refused to answer the FBI's questions citing that precise reason, could he not? But he didn't. Don't you find that to be curious?

And if the call was made in the clear, then he should have known the FBI would have been monitoring it... so why lie to the FBI? Don't you think he must have had reason to believe that it wasn't monitored?

As I have already posted, he's not a smart guy.
And no, the Trump crowd did not trust the FBI.

which staggers the imagination why Flynn would be so sloppy and forget that all russian diplomatic domestic communications are monitored.

As I've already posted, he's not a smart guy.

As I have already posted, he's not a smart guy.
And no, the Trump crowd did not trust the FBI.

He's not a smart guy?? I agree he's probably not a genius... but let's face facts here - the man was the head of the Defense Intelligence Agency - I don't think you get that job if you're a borderline idiot.

I'm probably not a genius nor a borderline idiot myself.... I like to think I'm on the plus-side of average, but I guess everybody thinks the same thing. I'll tell you straight, though, if I called the Russian Ambassador, I'm going to assume the call is going to be monitored by the FBI, and I've got no intelligence background myself. So I'm pretty sure someone with Flynn's background is going to be well aware of the possibility. Unless, of course, he had good reason to think otherwise.

He's not a smart guy?? I agree he's probably not a genius... but let's face facts here - the man was the head of the Defense Intelligence Agency - I don't think you get that job if you're a borderline idiot.

I'm probably not a genius nor a borderline idiot myself.... I like to think I'm on the plus-side of average, but I guess everybody thinks the same thing. I'll tell you straight, though, if I called the Russian Ambassador, I'm going to assume the call is going to be monitored by the FBI, and I've got no intelligence background myself. So I'm pretty sure someone with Flynn's background is going to be well aware of the possibility. Unless, of course, he had good reason to think otherwise.

He's both a dim bulb and a liar.

Back
Top Bottom