• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Romney - "a salesman and bull**** artist of the highest order"

Everyone has to start somewhere. Anything else?

Exactly.

Which is why we shouldn't discourage people from starting. Take a job, lose your health care is not a formula for encouraging people to become independent of government handouts.

The health care bill mandate was upheld by the SCOTUS. I personally view health care as a constitutional right in which all citizens should be able to get health care. I see it as constitutional under the General Welfare clause of the US constitution.

You should have learned in school that is in the Preamble, unless you were talking about the Taxing and Spending clause.

The U.S. Supreme Court has held the mention of the clause in the Preamble to the U.S. Constitution "has never been regarded as the source of any substantive power conferred on the Government of the United States or on any of its Departments."

Exactly.

Which is why we shouldn't discourage people from starting. Take a job, lose your health care is not a formula for encouraging people to become independent of government handouts.

It's motivation. Struggle is part of life. I survived and so can others.

My theory is that they aspire to be in the class he represents, but haven't the wits to realize that they will never be in it.

We call that the "American Dream." ;)

Yes. Me too. That's why I don't think it's a good idea to discourage people from making that struggle.

You discourage people from making the struggle by not requiring them to make it.

Romney 2012: Welcome to Strugglesville!

Struggle is how character is developed. You saw it last night. The big man was Romney and the small man was Obama.

You discourage people from making the struggle by not requiring them to make it.

How is losing their health care if they do take a job "not requiring them to make it"?

That makes no sense at all.

People who work should be better off than people who don't.

Don't you think?

How is losing their health care if they do take a job "not requiring them to make it"?

That makes no sense at all.

People who work should be better off than people who don't.

Don't you think?

You're assuming the person who finds a job is never going to have health care from their job. Why do yo default to victimhood?

Struggle is how character is developed. You saw it last night. The big man was Romney and the small man was Obama.

Right, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Nietzsche. Wasn't he Hitler's favorite philosopher?

frabz-OH-NO-YOU-DITTENT-2e3af8.jpg

You're assuming the person who finds a job is never going to have health care from their job. Why do yo default to victimhood?

You don't receive benefits your first day...

Right, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Nietzsche. Wasn't he Hitler's favorite philosopher?

Oh no I di'int!!

Wrong, Nietzsche wasn't a pre-Nazi. Kaufmann debunked that long ago.

It's not "victimhood". It's a situation that discourages people from getting off of the dole. It's counter productive and a bad economic policy.

Right. So - if you lose your health care when you get a job, you are SOL until you get those benefits.

You need to get out more. Yes, that's the way it has always been. LOL.

Tying Nietzsche in with Hitler says different. :shrug:

Saying that Nietsche was not a pre-Nazi is not the same thing as saying that Hitler wasn't influenced by Nietschi. It's pretty clear that he was -- even if he didn't interpret him correctly, or relied on texts bastardized by Nietsche's Nazi sister.

Saying that Nietsche was not a pre-Nazi is not the same thing as saying that Hitler wasn't influenced by Nietschi. It's pretty clear that he was -- even if he didn't interpret him correctly, or relied on texts bastardized by Nietsche's Nazi sister.

It's silly to try and tie him in, though. Hitler probably never even read Nietzsche.

Also, seeing your complete failure at spelling his name 3 times shows your lack of rehearsal in postmodern and post-structuralism, specifically that of Germans.

Back
Top Bottom