• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roger Stone Taking the Fifth

It's kind of like playing that game6 degrees of Kevin BaconSent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Trump's campaign staff being tied to crimes related to Russia, as part of an investigation into Russia and ties to the Trump campaign, reminds you of a parlor game?
OK, glad you shared that.

Trump's campaign staff being tied to crimes related to Russia, as part of an investigation into Russia and ties to the Trump campaign, reminds you of a parlor game?
You in Trump staff has been tied to a crime related to Russia?

Stone declines Dem request for interview, invokes Fifth Amendment

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/419727-stone-declines-dem-request-for-interview-documents-invoking-fifth

Republican operative and longtime Trump ally Roger Stone is resisting a request for documents and an interview from Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee, citing his Fifth Amendment rights.

In a letter released Tuesday by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (Calif.), the top Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, Stone’s attorney described the document request as “unreasonably broad” in scope and characteristic of a “fishing expedition.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following in the footsteps of his cohort Randy Credico, Roger Stone refuses to give testimony to the Senate. Stone got a clear message from Trump in a tweet yesterday. Some are calling this witness tampering.

Screen-Shot-2018-12-03-at-4-19-15-PM.png

Muller will figure out a way to prosecute Stone for that. Stone's in this up to his neck and he and Muller know it. Just wait for it.

Muller will figure out a way to prosecute Stone for that. Stone's in this up to his neck and he and Muller know it. Just wait for it.

Oh yes, I'm patiently waiting for that. I've known about Roger Stone since the days that he, Manafort and Lee Atwater ran a political consulting/lobbying firm together. Three peas in a pod, all alike, and all dirty.

Re: Stone declines Dem request for interview, invokes Fifth Amendment

I have no clue on that one. He's not a government employee so not sure if they could subpoena them. As a private citizen I'd imagine that they would have to actually get a warrant. But I'm not sure on that one as I don't know, I'm not even sure that the Senate can even get a warrant as those are afaik purely executive and judicial things. At least I've never heard of them getting a warrant. It's always "subpoena" this and "subpoena" that.

The committee could subpoena them. However, this isn't a committee request - it's a request from some senators who are on the committee. That's the reason this is a little odd -- he didn't have to respond at all.

Oh yes, I'm patiently waiting for that. I've known about Roger Stone since the days that he, Manafort and Lee Atwater ran a political consulting/lobbying firm together. Just like three peas in a pod, all alike.

Go onto Netflix and watch the documentary Get Me Rodger Stone: it's not a hit piece by any means; they follow Stone around and tell his story: and he tells his story to the camera as well, and it all says exactly what you need to know about him, and Stone is proud of that. He says - "nothing I do is illegal", and - "if you hate me, I win: it means I'm effective"...

Stone is stonewalling Muller on purpose because he thinks he's going to get away with it. And maybe he will... for a little while.

Go onto Netflix and watch the documentary Get Me Rodger Stone: it's not a hit piece by any means; they follow Stone around and tell his story: and he tells his story to the camera as well, and it all says exactly what you need to know about him, and Stone is proud of that. He says - "nothing I do is illegal", and - "if you hate me, I win: it means I'm effective"...

Stone is stonewalling Muller on purpose because he thinks he's going to get away with it. And maybe he will... for a little while.

I've seen it but there was nothing new or surprising to me. The shear arrogance of these underworld crooks is astonishing.

Opps I had a honey do project that interrupted me. :lol: Who in Trump's campaign staff has been linked to Russian collusion.

None yet, but that's not the main mission, is it?

I've seen it but there was nothing new or surprising to me. The shear arrogance of these underworld crooks is astonishing.

Oh yeah! Stone's hubris in the movie is what tells you all about him. He chops his own head off in it: he thinks it's a good piece on himself as an operator.

Yeah, Trump's in trouble.

It's cringeworthy. He's a caricature of himself.

It's cringeworthy. He's a caricature of himself.

Cringeworthy is a great word for it. Trump surrounds himself with people like him and Trump thinks he's going to be just fine...

Everybody in that church at Bush's funeral wanted Trump outta there; but he's making America great again... just ask 'em.

Cringeworthy is a great word for it. Trump surrounds himself with people like him and Trump thinks he's going to be just fine...

Everybody in that church at Bush's funeral wanted Trump outta there; but he's making America great again... just ask 'em.

Stone is a creep, a liar and a traitor...He need to go to prison.....Where he'll rot for the rest of his miserable life

By now, we all know that Trump is fully incapable of learning anything. Nonetheless, I recorded the entire funeral today and have begun watching it. It's such a beautiful tribute to a president who had three Democratic presidents sitting in the front row revering his legacy and respecting his family. If Trump had a soul, I would hope that that solemn occasion would make an impression on him. Did you know GWB hands Michelle Obama a piece of candy every time they see each other? It's a little thing they enjoy between themselves. Who will attend Trump's state funeral? What will those people think about him? Will anyone truthfully be able to say any of the wonderful things being said about GHWB? Will anyone slip Melania Trump a piece of candy? These are thoughts that will sadly never occur to Trump because he has never in his miserable life cared about anyone except himself. It was kind and dignified and respectful to presidential tradition for the deceased to invite Trump to his funeral, but I promise you he doesn't get it.

Probably not.

The fact is, it's not. No "probably" about it: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...Presidential_Election_and_Related_Matters.pdf
By virtue of the authority vested in me as Acting Attorney General, including 28 U.S.C.
§§ 509, 510, and 515, in order to discharge my responsibility to provide supervision and
management of the Department of Justice, and to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the
Russian govemmenfs efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, I hereby order as
follows:
(a) Robert S. Mueller III is appointed t() serve as Specia] Counsel for the United States
Department of Justice.

Witches and warlocks on the DNC payroll invented the Trump/Russian collusion conspiracy theory.

That's what Dear Leader says.

They are being charged with crimes unrelated to Russia and they are threatening to charge people with no connection to trump to pressure people who are related to trump. Like I said it reminds of the Kevin bacon game

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Aw, 'poor' Roger Stone, he needs your money to pay his legal fees. His buddy Michael Caputo started a GoFundMe fundraiser for poor Roger. It doesn't matter that this man is worth millions, the fundraiser may be nothing more than a morale boost for Roger Stone. The fundraiser has raised a whopping $4,357 so far but take heart, it's only been up for one day so far. But-but...Roger Stone has a net worth of $20 million (reported) and possibly 5x's that off the books.

Donald Trump: "only the mob takes the Fifth"

5d8cd6c0-9e8a-4d76-a926-c972e5b7a839.png

Screenshot-2018-12-04-Home.png

What a wanker.:violin:violin:violin

Republicans control the Senate Judiciary Committee, so he can't claim this is about Democrats.

In any case, he's free to plead the fifth, and he's free to take on the guilt that conveys.

LOL Sure he can - wait for it.

Back
Top Bottom