• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RINO Liz Cheney Parrots Dem's Threat To Democracy: "The Future Of The Democracy Depends On . . . . "

All that crap about Trump organizing the violence which occurred on January 6th is BS. If there were a shred of evidence that Trump had anything to do with that violence, then certainly he would have been indicted and tried.
You know, funny you should say that. Trump has been indicted by Jack Smith. So, you got your wish, congrats!
But he never WAS indicted, and there's a very good reason for that:
Yes, he has. He was also impeached for it, but the Republican congress obstructed the impeachment by not allowing witnesses or testimony. Instead, there was a J6 committee who referred charges to the DOJ who has indicted Trump.
BECAUSE HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. He did not plan it, and he did not engage in it. He wasn't even there.
Untrue.
You're being lied to, and you believe Cheney's lies.
Yep, someone here is lying and also ignorant of the facts.
You didn't ruin my day. You MADE my day. 🙂

You know, funny you should say that. Trump has been indicted by Jack Smith. So, you got your wish, congrats!
I was not aware the Trump was indicted for taking part in the violence which occurred on January 6th. Ooops . . . My bad . . . 😬

Oooops. . . Trump was never indicted for the J6 insurrection. He was indicted for these things;

• conspiracy to defraud the government,
• conspiracy against the right to vote,
• conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, and
• obstruction of an official proceeding.

But NOT for engaging in the insurrection. (which would include planning or inciting) . . . .Your Bad ;)
Yes, he has. He was also impeached for it, but the Republican congress obstructed the impeachment by not allowing witnesses or testimony. Instead, there was a J6 committee who referred charges to the DOJ who has indicted Trump.
Reality does not reflect waht you are attempting to float.

The reason Trump has not been charged with insurrection is because there is no evidence to support the charge. The reason there is no evidence against Trump is because he had no part in it..

All of the people who engaged in the J6 insurrection have been arrested, charged, tried and released or sentenced.

Liz Cheney lies like rug.

Just because a person voted for Trump does not make them a MAGA. Want a quick and dirty way to spot a real MAGA?

Look for the red MAGA hat. It's a dead giveaway. 😆

When you use terms such as "evil of dictatorship" you unwittingly reveal something very important about the soundness of your political views. It reveals extremism - at least to some degree - and general inability to process information properly.

But that is not a libertarian view. It's fine to have contempt for libertarians, but please don't try to rationalize that.
Your post is flippant and simplistic.

Which is why MAGAs trying to lecture on politics is absurd -- and counterproductive for 'em.

I reiterate, Trump has changed politics and voting practices which has impacted Independents and Libertarians alike who are voting MAGA because they are MAGAs. Independents and Libertarians plus Green Party voters put Trump into the WH in 2016 to begin the social chaos and political upheaval America has had since. That they have not recanted and in fact continue unrelentingly to pursue Trump's Dictatorship of the Magaletariat Morons discredits your passion for dictatorship and it disqualifies your posts from having any political and societal legitimacy or viability.

All of the people who engaged in the J6 insurrection have been arrested, charged, tried and released or sentenced.
Trump has been arrested, charged and will have his day in court and if justice is done, will spend the rest of his life in prison.
Liz Cheney lies like rug.
No, Cheney doesn't lie, and neither did all the Republican witnesses who testified in front of the J6 committee and have yet to testify at Trump's criminal trial.

Trump has been arrested, charged and will have his day in court and if justice is done, will spend the rest of his life in prison.
You seem confused about a lot of things. You've been exposed to a lot of misinformation, and that might explain some of the confusion. You're conflating different things too, and this too is probably due to the spin in the media.
No, Cheney doesn't lie, and neither did all the Republican witnesses who testified in front of the J6 committee and have yet to testify at Trump's criminal trial.
Cheney's claim that Trump would "Torch the Constitution" is a lie. Cheney knows damn well that this is not possible. Liz Cheney is exploiting the fear and ignorance of the left. The alarmist fear and ignorance is manifest in the nonsense that many posters in this thread have tried to float.

. . . making sure the republicans are not in the majority, in the House and in the Senate in 2025." "We can survive bad policy - we can't survive leaders who are gonna torch the Constitution. . . "

MSNBC's Alicia Menendez is excited by Liz Cheney's "bold statements" railing against republicans in Congress.

As most informed people know, Democracy didn't die in Trump's first term, so it's completely irrational to think that it will magically die in his second.

No, it's not. Trump has already promised to retaliate against the press and be a dictator on day 1.
But to the fringe left, their beliefs don't need to be rational. Cheney does herself and her Party a great disservice by parroting the radical left's Threat To Democracy nonsense.
More right-wing bullshit.

Trump is a threat to democracy as is the right. The talibangelicals will be a threat until they learn to keep their religious beliefs to themselves.

You seem confused about a lot of things. You've been exposed to a lot of misinformation, and that might explain some of the confusion. You're conflating different things too, and this too is probably due to the spin in the media.
Nope.
Cheney's claim that Trump would "Torch the Constitution" is a lie. Cheney knows damn well that this is not possible. Liz Cheney is exploiting the fear and ignorance of the left. The alarmist fear and ignorance is manifest in the nonsense that many posters in this thread have tried to float.
No, it's not. Trump has already tried to do so once, and he will try again.

Yeah, one of us is very confused.
Her claim that Trump would Torch the Constitution is a lie.
Well, for one thing, there's a concept called "a metaphor" Cheyney's not saying Trump is going to find a copy of the constitution and actually "set fire" to it with a torch. She's speaking metaphorically. Also, her claim is her opinion, based on recent history, not a lie.
Liz Cheney is exploiting the fear and ignorance of the left.
Your opinion. I disagree. Many others do as well. What Cheney is doing is warning people that past is prologue.
The fear and ignorance is manifest in the nonsense that many posters in this thread have tried to float.
Many in this thread would call your posts, "lying, gaslighting, and a recreation of history" They have the right to their opinion just as you do.

Many in this thread would call your posts, "lying, gaslighting, and a recreation of history" They have the right to their opinion just as you do.
Who said that I lied? Who said that I "recreated history"?

I'd like an opportunity to debate them.

Maybe the reason I don't see their accusations is that they're on my DipShit (ignore) List. (it's quite long)

Who said that I lied? Who said that I "recreated history"?

I'd like an opportunity to debate them.

Maybe the reason I don't see their accusations is that they're on my DipShit (ignore) List. (it's quite long)
If that's a threat, please feel free.

If that's a threat, please feel free.
Not a threat at all. You made the claim that
. . . Many in this thread would call your posts, "lying, gaslighting, and a recreation of history" . . .

I would like to know who made these accusations. I have gone through all the posts, and couldn't find them. You don't need mention any names, . . . just let me know the number of the post (e.g., this is post #86)

Thanks! 🙂

. . . making sure the republicans are not in the majority, in the House and in the Senate in 2025." "We can survive bad policy - we can't survive leaders who are gonna torch the Constitution. . . "

MSNBC's Alicia Menendez is excited by Liz Cheney's "bold statements" railing against republicans in Congress.

As most informed people know, Democracy didn't die in Trump's first term, so it's completely irrational to think that it will magically die in his second.

But to the fringe left, their beliefs don't need to be rational. Cheney does herself and her Party a great disservice by parroting the radical left's Threat To Democracy nonsense.

RINO, a slur used by the extreme right-wing minority in the Republicant party. So extreme they are a cancer in the Body Politic. To this fascist lunatic fringe the winner of the Cold War, Ronald Reagan is a RINO.... :rolleyes:
Traditional Conservatives are now called RINOs by the attack government and democracy luddites. Liz Cheney is no friend of the Democrats; she is a true traditional Conservative who is often at odds with Democrats on policy, but very much against the rabble supporting The Orange Buffoon... ✌️

If there are any lies in this argument, it is the lie that Trump did not say the things he has been saying all along.

Why does the right consider it fear mongering to the left repeats the things that Trump himself has said?
When people say that Trump will violate the 1st Amendment by shutting down the press, are they falsely spreading alarmist fear? Or was Trump spreading it when he called for it?
When people say that Trump will be a dictator, are they just spreading fear? Or was Trump spreading it when he said he would?
When people say that Trump would do away with due process of law, is that just hyperbolic nonsense meant to scare the electorate? Or did Trump mean what he said when he said shoplifters should be shot before they leave the store?

All these things, and many more, are a matter of public record, because every rally and speech and interview with Trump has been recorded for nearly a decade already. You can't run away from Trump's own words and deeds. He has said what he has said, and he has done what he has done, so trying to deny it only makes one seem like a fool. Just as it is with Trump's lengthy record of recidivist criminality and financial fraud, Trump's record of vile anti-American rhetoric and anti-constitutional promises are all available for anyone to see and hear.

If you are really intent on defending Trump, and you seem to be, then don't attack the left for repeating what he says - but defend what he actually says. Explain why you think it's OK to be judge, jury and executioner of shoplifters, totally bypassing habeas corpus. Explain why you think it would be OK to take away the broadcast licenses of networks that criticize him, in violation of the 1st Amendment. Justify why Trump should be allowed to be a dictator - even for 1 minute, let alone one day.

If you wont defend what Trump has actually done, and you wont defend what Trump has actually said, then you can't defend Trump. Period. At least not by attacking his detractors.

If there are any lies in this argument, it is the lie that Trump did not say the things he has been saying all along.

Why does the right consider it fear mongering to the left repeats the things that Trump himself has said?
Trump is a blowhard, and claims to have superhuman powers. Rational people understand this is BS, and ignore the boasts and hubris. Irrational and gullible people eat it up. My democrat friends laugh at Trump's wild claims.
When people say that Trump will violate the 1st Amendment by shutting down the press, are they falsely spreading alarmist fear?
They are being stupid. Trump does not possess the power OR the authority to shut down the press. He never has, and never will. Be rational. Think.
Or was Trump spreading it when he called for it?
Trump brags and boasts that he has special powers. He does not. Numbskulls on the left only enable him, and they are too ignorant to realize this. Trump feeds off of your (collective) irrational fears. He uses you.
When people say that Trump will be a dictator, are they just spreading fear?
Yes. Much like Henny Penny running around the barnyard clucking about the sky falling. Their fears aren't based in reality - they are based on emotions, misinformation and hype.
Or was Trump spreading it when he said he would?
When people say that Trump would do away with due process of law, is that just hyperbolic nonsense meant to scare the electorate? Or did Trump mean what he said when he said shoplifters should be shot before they leave the store?
You're free to believe whomever you want. The bottom line is that democracy is a fixture in America, and is NOT under some mysterious threat by Trump. - contrary to what the looney-toon lefties claim. There is NOT going to be any dictatorship - contrary to what the looney-toon lefties claim.
Justify why Trump should be allowed to be a dictator - even for 1 minute, let alone one day.
The "dictator" nonsense has gotten out of hand. You people need to drop it - - seriously.
If you wont defend what Trump has actually done, and you wont defend what Trump has actually said, then you can't defend Trump.
I don't defend Trump or make excuses for him. Don't need to. There's no rational reason to believe that his second term would be any different from his first. (without the COVID, hopefully)
Period. At least not by attacking his detractors.

What kind of 'con' do you call Trump? He was a life-long Democrat, even donated to Hillary Clintons campaign.
until he created the "America First" movement ( yes I know it was done before, but im talking modern politics)
Liz is just a washed out old hag, hoping for that next chance to 'spread democracy at the barrel of a gun'

indeed:
"the Constitution is just a goddamned piece of paper." (Shrub)
@SkyChief

Trump is a blowhard, and claims to have superhuman powers. Rational people understand this is BS, and ignore the boasts and hubris. Irrational and gullible people eat it up. My democrat friends laugh at Trump's wild claims.

They are being stupid. Trump does not possess the power OR the authority to shut down the press. He never has, and never will. Be rational. Think.

Trump brags and boasts that he has special powers. He does not. Numbskulls on the left only enable him, and they are too ignorant to realize this. Trump feeds off of your (collective) irrational fears. He uses you.

Yes. Much like Henny Penny running around the barnyard clucking about the sky falling. Their fears aren't based in reality - they are based on emotions, misinformation and hype.

You're free to believe whomever you want. The bottom line is that democracy is a fixture in America, and is NOT under some mysterious threat by Trump. - contrary to what the looney-toon lefties claim. There is NOT going to be any dictatorship - contrary to what the looney-toon lefties claim.

The "dictator" nonsense has gotten out of hand. You people need to drop it - - seriously.

I don't defend Trump or make excuses for him. Don't need to. There's no rational reason to believe that his second term would be any different from his first. (without the COVID, hopefully)
So you are ok with a presidential candidate saying all manner of un American shit, and you think he should be president, because you think he can't actually do the horrible unamerican shit he is constantly saying he will do????????

Is that your point???????

F 'ing amazing!

So you are ok with a presidential candidate saying all manner of un American shit, and you think he should be president, because you think he can't actually do the horrible unamerican shit he is constantly saying he will do????????
Yes. I'm a staunch advocate of the First Amendment. A citizen should be able to speak freely . . . even if it's un-American.

Freedom of Speech should be sacrosanct (and it IS).

Is that your point???????

F 'ing amazing!
My point is that the fears of the left are not based in reality - they are (mostly) irrational, and based on misinformation and hype.

Yes. I'm a staunch advocate of the First Amendment. A citizen should be able to speak freely . . . even lie. If people are foolish enough to believe the lies, then that's their problem.

Look. I get your point if Trump was the blowhard at the end of the bar. I would agree with you. "He is a blowhard who says all kinds of unamerican shit, but he is harmless, he can't actually do anything about it"..

.......but you actually want him to be president of the USA????????

It's f 'ing amazing!

Why!!

Have you no patriotism????.

How are you not emberassed by supporting him for president?
My point is the fears of the left are not based in reality -
They wouldn't be if you were describing the blowhard at the end of the bar, but your not, you are describing the guy you think should be president of the Unoted States of America.

I really don't get it.

Look. I get your point if Trump was the blowhard at the end of the bar. I would agree with you. "He is a blowhard who says all kinds of unamerican shit, but he is harmless, he can't actually do anything about it"..

.......but you actually want him to be president of the USA????????
No, I don't want him to be president of the USA. Where EVER did you get that idea?

I have predicted that he will be elected in Nover based only on the polls which have Trump ahead in six of the seven swing states, which gives him the advantage with electoral votes.

I do NOT want Trump to be president.
It's f 'ing amazing!

Why!!Have you no patriotism????.
OMG 😞
How are you not emberassed by supporting him for president.
You obviously have me confused with someone else.
. . . .I really don't get it.
Apparently.

They are only wild claims as long as he remains out of power. Instead of becoming less influential in the Republican Party, his power has been growing while out of office. Witness his ability to shut down the bi-partisan border deal with a word.
I do think. None of the litany of authoritarian despots in world history had the power either - until they did. LEARN!
No. Nothing the left does enables him. The left may provoke him, but the left does not enable him. Only the right enables him. See the example above. Quite the contrary, the left makes efforts to disable him, and for very good reasons. Because they would rather he not be empowered - because he shouldn't be!
No. They're based on what Trump DOES, and on what Trump SAYS. That's what fears are based on, and that fear is quite rational. Emotions may become involved, but if he is the source of the information, and he most certainly is, then it isn't misinformation.
You're free to believe whomever you want.
Oh .... thank you?
The bottom line is that democracy is a fixture in America, and is NOT under some mysterious threat by Trump. - contrary to what the looney-toon lefties claim. There is NOT going to be any dictatorship - contrary to what the looney-toon lefties claim.
I might have met one or two "looney-toon lefties" in my life, but I've encountered dozens of looney-toon righties in person, and hundreds on line, who believe every word Trump says, including his LIES about a stolen election, and they're looking forward to him regaining power. Moreover, they'll be tickled when he does because it is they, the looney-toon righties who have fallen hook, line, sinker, rod and reel for his bullshit.
Tell the wannabe dictator that. Seriously!
No - there's every reason to believe it - and, even unto itself, it is a perfectly reasonable justification to oppose his candidacy at every turn, and in every possible way. But it certainly isn't the only one. There are plenty of others, some even more important.

For example, far above and beyond any of Trump's delusions of grandeur, he is a known unrepentant recidivist criminal FRAUD who simply has no business in the Oval Office. So if the efforts to oppose him are augmented by people who are afraid he will overthrow our democracy, that should be a more than welcome element to contribute to finally putting the era of Trump behind us - once and for all.

If your post is really meant to address things for which there is no rational reason to believe in, then there is no rational reason to believe he will be allowed a second term. Trump himself - not the "looney-toon left" - is his own worst enemy, and he alone will be his undoing. Believe it.

. . . .If your post is really meant to address things for which there is no rational reason to believe in, then there is no rational reason to believe he will be allowed a second term. Trump himself - not the "looney-toon left" - is his own worst enemy, and he alone will be his undoing. Believe it.
There are many rational reasons to think that Trump will have a second term. Here are three:

1) Trump's opponent is incompetent and is unfit to serve as POTUS.

2) Trump's opponent is a racist, and that really irks many independent voters.

3) Trump leads his opponent in six of the seven battleground states, which gives Trump a clear advantage with electoral votes.

We're in the weeds here, this thread is about the nonsensical "Death of Democracy" rantings of Liz Cheney. Let's discuss that.

There are many rational reasons to think that Trump will have a second term. Here are three:
All failures ...
1) Trump's opponent is incompetent and is unfit to serve as POTUS.
As has been pointed out by virtually everyone who has worked with him, Trump is not only incompetent, he's ineducable. Opinions from his own hand picked cabinet range from "idiot" to "dumb as shit" to "a ****ing moron" - my personal favorite from his own Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson. If all of that, and Trump's litany of psychopathologies were not enough, his own cognitive decline is accelerating and already much worse than Biden.
2) Trump's opponent is a racist, and that really irks many independent voters.
Trump is a racist, has always been since way back in the days when he refused Black applications for rent in his apartment buildings, and the most racist movements in the country support Trump. What do they know about him that you're in denial of? Moreover, Trump has done dozens of things since losing his election to piss of Independent voters, so even if what you say was true - and it isn't - it would still be a wash. Trump loses the Independent vote.
3) Trump leads his opponent in six of the seven battleground states, which gives Trump a clear advantage with electoral votes.
The polls this far out are bullshit because they reflect the left's discontent with Biden as much as the right's. Unlike Trump, Biden, a lifelong Centrist, gets hammered from both sides. But if you think the left will not vote for Biden come election day, then you have deceived yourself.
We're in the weeds here, this thread is about the nonsensical "Death of Democracy" rantings of Liz Cheney. Let's discuss that.
The advantage that Liz Cheney has is that she was central to all of the testimony of the January 6 Committee investigations - both the public C-SPAN, and the behind closed doors interviews - including all the affidavits. As such, her understanding and perspective of that event eclipses both yours and mine by order of magnitude. Which means that her "rantings" are anything but nonsensical. So, since I don't even recognize your qualification to have an opinion about what Liz Cheney has to say on the subject, there's no sense discussing it.

Joe Biden is a "criminal dictator"??? Biden has zero criminal indictments while Trump has four criminal indictments. Also Trump has been found liable for money fraud and defamation.

It's weird that it's considered cool to refer to Biden as a dictator, but if we state that Trump will rule as a dictator if he becomes President again we are laughed at even though Trump was able to use the power of the purse during the last year and a half of his presidency.

Yes, Joe Biden is a dictator.....a very well known corrupt politician, peddling influence around the globe. Compromised to the hilt, he is not fit to be president, let alone a free citizen.

The Years of the Stooges with Obama/Biden/Hillary, president/vp/sec. of state.....it was the most corrupt worldwide campaign of corruption ever seen in American history.

Obama's gotta be "Moe", it's a hard pick who's "Curly", for they're both clowns, but Hillary takes it by a nose, then that leaves Biden as "Larry".....but these stooges were not comical, they were serious, corrupt, influence peddling criminals selling out our country.

It used to be funny to watch/listen to the left attempt to "virtue signal" their way out of the "rock and a hard place", then it became weird, turning to criminal behavior themselves. In came Trump and they found their "scapegoat".....their relief valve to push all their blame upon in the hopes to get them into the free. It failed and soon justice is coming.

Back
Top Bottom