• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rep. Ellison formally announces run for DNC chair (1 Viewer)

Last edited:
Could definitely see him running for President, continuing the Revolution, sometime in the future.

If he wins, will he resign his Congressional seat?

I wish the Democrat party would move more to the center and abandon the social justice rhetoric. I hope it doesn't go further to the left and become crazier.

It cannot move to the center, because it must counter the extreme right of the GOP, in this case Trump's blatant bigotry and advocacy for torture.

The US two-party political system cannot accommodate those in the middle.

Read more @: Rep. Ellison formally announces run for DNC chair

Keith Ellison is a strong progressive Democrat that I believe will be good for the Democratic Party. I think he will be a strong voice to counter the Trumper tactics and rhetoric. I hope him the best. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Good idea. Elect a person ideologically bent on forcing what America just rejected...smart

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Keith Ellison is a strong progressive Democrat that I believe will be good for the Democratic Party. I think he will be a strong voice to counter the Trumper tactics and rhetoric. I hope him the best. [/FONT][/COLOR]

I hope he gets it. Worked for Farrakhan, wants high taxes, kill US industry with the environmental BS. Should be a great help to Republicans.

Good idea. Elect a person ideologically bent on forcing what America just rejected...smart

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

In terms of substance, do you mean to say that Ellison is equal to Clinton?

I could provide other links, which I've posted on other fora, but I won't.

I gather you're not Asian, so it's no skin off your nose - but I am, so I think he's a racist cretin.

No need to be churlish.

I wish the Democrat party would move more to the center and abandon the social justice rhetoric. I hope it doesn't go further to the left and become crazier.

Unfortunately the DNC is on Utopia track now. Like so many other Utopian movements in history that were doomed to fail the DNC assumes that their losses have nothing to do with their ideology, but rather are because their leaders are not pure enough.

The DNC supporters spent an election cycle laughing at the Republicans running 17 primary candidates, and the party's infighting born of competing ideas, ignoring all the while that their refusal to allow competition of ideas within their own ranks were hurting their brand.

This isn't new. The Democrats ignored the structural flaws in their party because Obama was president... as long as he won it was vindication of their ideology. They ignored that while Obama was president they lost The house, the Senate, numerous Governor seats in blue states and the overwhelming majority of state houses.

Now that Hillary has lost the Democrats have to stop, blinking a bit, and look around at the ruins of their party nationally on both a federal and state level. They have control of nothing. They are in the minority at every level.

And they think the problem is they didn't progressive hard enough. :roll:

Watch his interviews. He admits as much. Because Islam is unifying. LOL!

"It was Islam’s message of social justice and equality that affected me the most and satisfied my spiritual yearning and wondering about God, man, nature, and humanity.”

Ellison explains how and why he became a Muslim |

What a crock.

Absolutely. Ellison is tied to CAIR and the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas. None of those organizations have one thing to do with equal rights or equal justice.

Fat chance.

Absolutely. Ellison is tied to CAIR and the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas. None of those organizations have one thing to do with equal rights or equal justice.

Possibly CPUSA also

Unfortunately the DNC is on Utopia track now. Like so many other Utopian movements in history that were doomed to fail the DNC assumes that their losses have nothing to do with their ideology, but rather are because their leaders are not pure enough.

The DNC supporters spent an election cycle laughing at the Republicans running 17 primary candidates, and the party's infighting born of competing ideas, ignoring all the while that their refusal to allow competition of ideas within their own ranks were hurting their brand.

This isn't new. The Democrats ignored the structural flaws in their party because Obama was president... as long as he won it was vindication of their ideology. They ignored that while Obama was president they lost The house, the Senate, numerous Governor seats in blue states and the overwhelming majority of state houses.

Now that Hillary has lost the Democrats have to stop, blinking a bit, and look around at the ruins of their party nationally on both a federal and state level. They have control of nothing. They are in the minority at every level.

And they think the problem is they didn't progressive hard enough. :roll:

Can't agree more.

You think having a Nation of Islamer at the head of the DNC is a good thing?

What about a member of Knights of Columbus or Masonic Lodge/Shriner?

I've seen him on television. He is startlingly inarticulate. If he becomes the face/voice of the DNC they will continue to lose.

I've seen him on television. He is startlingly inarticulate. If he becomes the face/voice of the DNC they will continue to lose.

I'm all for Dean, Sanders, Ellison type Leftists running the DNC, as their continued failure will be great for the country.

In terms of substance, do you mean to say that Ellison is equal to Clinton?

I am saying that the progressivism espoused by Hillary Clinton, Obama, and Ellison was just roundly rejected by the American people, so what is the Demo's answer? Put a more aggressive progressive in.....I say, keep going with that, and ignoring the people, and see how that works out for you....

A good opposition is always good for the country and often good for the government.

No argument there. However, I wonder if his election would make sense for his party. Moving even further from the center might be a mistake. 75% of Americans opined that they think the country is headed in the wrong direction. Why would the dems want to move further from this popular sentiment?

No argument there. However, I wonder if his election would make sense for his party. Moving even further from the center might be a mistake. 75% of Americans opined that they think the country is headed in the wrong direction. Why would the dems want to move further from this popular sentiment?

The danger to the country is that the Democrats will move in behind BS and his bankrupt ideas.

The danger to the country is that the Democrats will move in behind BS and his bankrupt ideas.

BS is someone's initials?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom