• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Redskins Offseason 2018

performance of the offensive line improved considerably against the Panthers today.

2018 statistics:
Washington Redskins Stats at NFL.com

Adrian Peterson stats remained at 4.3 average yards per carry, for the season, same as last week, indicating the Redskins Offensive Line was giving consistently good running room.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/player-stats/sp-vw-rushing

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2...cker-room-gifting-offensive-linemen-scooters/

//

Last edited:
"The Washington Redskins are hurting on the offensive line. One of their divisional rivals just released a player that could help provide depth to the team, Patrick Omameh.(Giants)The Redskins have struggled to stay healthy on the offensive line in each of the past couple of seasons. In Week 10, the Redskins are already certain to be without three starters on the unit as Trent Williams is out for the game while Shawn Lauvao and Brandon Scherff are out for the season. In addition to this, right tackle Morgan Moses is banged up, so the team may be without as many as four starters this week.
To the team’s credit, they did add some solid depth in free agency in the form of veteran options. Jonathan Cooper, Luke Bowanko, and Austin Howard were all added to provide depth and it seems that Cooper is going to start at left guard. In addition to this decision, Casey Dunn was waived from the active roster, so the undrafted center won’t get a chance to play.

https://riggosrag.com/2018/08/30/washington-redskins-nfl-pro-football-focus/

My pint of view was the draft is a better place to pick up offensive linemen, as a priority, over other positions. Good offensive limen are valuable, and cost money in free agency.

Better Offensive linemen can avoid penalties, make more third downs, and keep the running game going, for time of possession, and lower scoring by opponents; also to keep the passing game up.

//

Last edited:
Jonathan Cooper seemed to play well. Redskins able to find a good Guard, in the middle of the season.

"Washington Redskins team page, sortable stats, depth charts, season stats, career stats, ... Jonathan Cooper · Guard, 3/20/2018: Signed a one-year contract. ... 2018: $3.75 million (+ $250,000 roster bonus), 2019: $4.75 million (+ $250,000 …"

Jonathan Cooper - Washington Redskins - 2018 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

//

I lay all of this at the feet of Snyder. The Skins will never win another super bowl as long as he is the owner. Plus, he is one huge asshole.

BTW, he is Bruce Allen (no George there) and is team president.

Last edited:
I lay all of this at the feet of Snyder. The Skins will never win another super bowl as long as he is the owner. Plus, he is one huge asshole.

BTW, he is Bruce Allen (no George there) and is team president.

Reuben Foster was with a girl that falsely accused him of domestic violence and told that to a court. she also stated she tried to tried to get another boyfriend false dv charges in 2011 when he tried to end the relationship.

So why on earth is Reuben Foster still with this woman in a hotel?

What do people call the front four of the Redskins defensive front? The Foreskins.

As much as I despise the Eagles I hope they beat Washington when they meet soon.

What do people call the front four of the Redskins defensive front? The Foreskins.

As much as I despise the Eagles I hope they beat Washington when they meet soon.

That insult for the team...goes back to the 1960s.

This week Monday night.

Redskins senior vice president of player personnel Doug Williams said Thursday in a radio interview that linebacker Reuben Foster’s domestic violence arrest was “small potatoes” compared to “a lot of things out there.”

“We’ve got people who are in high, high, high, high places that have done far worse, and if you look at it realistically, they’re still up there,” Williams said on The Team 980. “This is small potatoes [compared] to a lot of things out there.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/29/doug-williams-reuben-fosters-arrest-small-potatoes/

whoa doug,,,

Josh Johnson, QB was signed by the Redskins Tuesday, 12-4-18.

Having better players on the offensive line could be expected to reduce injuries to quarter backs. Previously, on this thread, I have been advocating more Redskins resources for the offensive line. I think Kirk Cousins did not feel the Redskins were devoting adequate resources to the offensive line.

"The Washington Redskins announced Wednesday the signing of journeyman quarterback Josh Johnson, who last threw a regular-season pass in 2011 while as a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Johnson will back up Mark Sanchez, who finds himself atop the depth chart after Colt McCoy suffered a fractured fibula in Week 13. McCoy previously replaced Alex Smith, who is out for the season with a broken leg suffered in Week 11. Johnson and Sanchez currently are the only healthy quarterbacks on the Redskins' roster.

When speaking to reporters Tuesday, Redskins coach Jay Gruden said that Colin Kaepernick had been discussed internally as an option, but they "will probably go in a different direction.

The Redskins also announced the signings of defensive end Marcus Smith, center Zac Kerin and guard Demetrius Rhaney. In corresponding roster moves, the team placed cornerback Quinton Dunbar, wide receiver Trey Quinn and guard Jonathan Cooper on injured reserve. "

Washington Redskins sign veteran QB Josh Johnson - NFL.com

//

Josh Johnson, QB was signed by the Redskins Tuesday, 12-4-18.

Having better players on the offensive line could be expected to reduce injuries to quarter backs. Previously, on this thread, I have been advocating more Redskins resources for the offensive line. I think Kirk Cousins did not feel the Redskins were devoting adequate resources to the offensive line.

"The Washington Redskins announced Wednesday the signing of journeyman quarterback Josh Johnson, who last threw a regular-season pass in 2011 while as a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Johnson will back up Mark Sanchez, who finds himself atop the depth chart after Colt McCoy suffered a fractured fibula in Week 13. McCoy previously replaced Alex Smith, who is out for the season with a broken leg suffered in Week 11. Johnson and Sanchez currently are the only healthy quarterbacks on the Redskins' roster.

When speaking to reporters Tuesday, Redskins coach Jay Gruden said that Colin Kaepernick had been discussed internally as an option, but they "will probably go in a different direction."

Washington Redskins sign veteran QB Josh Johnson - NFL.com

//

Last threw a pass in 2011 huh? How about that, and CK isn't a better option that Johnson? Really? whatever..

If a Redskins game is being announced by Aikman or Romo maybe they can suit-up and help the Skins out.

Last threw a pass in 2011 huh? How about that, and CK isn't a better option that Johnson? Really? whatever..

If a Redskins game is being announced by Aikman or Romo maybe they can suit-up and help the Skins out.

CK is untouchable in DC. Sorry but won't happen in DC. His attempt failed on in California. DC area is US military heavy. Dude would get booed, period.

Zac Kerin played offensive line at Left Guard, against Jacksonville, in Washington Post. cannot find Zac Kerin in Reskins Transactions.

Zac Kerin was with Minnesota, undrafted.

$705,000 contract with Redskins, apparently earlier in December.

https://overthecap.com/player/zac-kerin/3454/

Zac Kerin, OG for the Washington Redskins at NFL.com

"New York Giants[edit]

On July 12, 2018, Kerin signed with the New York Giants.[8] He was released on September 1, 2018.[9]

Atlanta Falcons[edit]

On September 18, 2018, Kerin signed with the Atlanta Falcons.[10] He was released on October 23, 2018.[11]

Washington Redskins[edit]

On December 4, 2018, Kerin signed with the Washington Redskins.[12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zac_Kerin#Professional_career

"The 6-4, 305-pound Kerin entered the NFL in 2014 as a rookie free agent with the Minnesota Vikings, from Toledo. He spent that entire season on the Vikings’ practice squad.

In 2015, Kerin played in four games for Minnesota, making his NFL debut on Nov. 8 vs. St. Louis. He played in nine games in 2016 for the Vikings, who waived him at the end of training camp last year. He was claimed by the Detroit Lions, for whom he played one game, making his first pro start at left guard vs. Atlanta on Sept. 24. Kerin was declared a free agent on March 14."

https://www.giants.com/news/giants-sign-guard-zac-kerin-waive-ethan-cooper

My theory is that trying to pick up top notch offensive linemen in the middle or end of the season, is difficult. All the good Offensive Linemen are either taken or injured. I suggest it is best to use the draft choices on the best offensive linemen available at the pick.

No holding calls, or False Starts, yet, (I hope)

//

Last edited:
Zac Kerin played offensive line at Left Guard, against Jacksonville,, in Washington Post. cannot find Zac Kerin in Reskins Transactions.

Zac Kerin was with Minnesota, undrafted.

$705,000 contract with Redskins, apparently earlier in December.

https://overthecap.com/player/zac-kerin/3454/

Zac Kerin, OG for the Washington Redskins at NFL.com

"New York Giants[edit]

On July 12, 2018, Kerin signed with the New York Giants.[8] He was released on September 1, 2018.[9]

Atlanta Falcons[edit]

On September 18, 2018, Kerin signed with the Atlanta Falcons.[10] He was released on October 23, 2018.[11]

Washington Redskins[edit]

On December 4, 2018, Kerin signed with the Washington Redskins.[12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zac_Kerin#Professional_career

"
The 6-4, 305-pound Kerin entered the NFL in 2014 as a rookie free agent with the Minnesota Vikings, from Toledo. He spent that entire season on the Vikings’ practice squad.

In 2015, Kerin played in four games for Minnesota, making his NFL debut on Nov. 8 vs. St. Louis. He played in nine games in 2016 for the Vikings, who waived him at the end of training camp last year. He was claimed by the Detroit Lions, for whom he played one game, making his first pro start at left guard vs. Atlanta on Sept. 24. Kerin was declared a free agent on March 14."

https://www.giants.com/news/giants-sign-guard-zac-kerin-waive-ethan-cooper

My theory is that trying to pick up top notch offensive linemen in the middle or end of the season, is difficult. All the good Offensive Linemen are either taken or injured. I suggest it is best to use the draft choices on the best offensive linemen available at the pick.

//

I doubt this fellow figures in the Redskins' plans.

I doubt this fellow figures in the Redskins' plans.

Zac Kerin contract is the minimum for the fourth year in the league, $705,000.00.

"Secondly, the NFL's collective bargaining agreement has a provision referred to as the "25% Increase Rule," which prohibits a rookie's base salary plus bonus from increasing by more than 25% in each year of his contract. This is why larger bonuses allow for significantly increased salaries in subsequent years as compared with later round picks' contracts. The four-year minimum base salaries for players in this year's draft are as follows: $480,000 (Year 1), $555,000 (Year 2), $630,000 (Year 3) and $705,000 (Year 4)."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonb...d-barkley-and-darnold-will-make/#41a2102d4581

Views 7492
//

So much of the pay structure for the Redskins football players, that how the players perform is not very relevant, because there is so much signing bonus, and guaranteed money. that there is little money left for incentives.

J D Swearinger had a 7 Million signing bonus, and 4 million per year, for playing. There are few incentives written into the Redskins contracts.

70 million guaranteed to QB Alex Smith made him a daredevil, because injury had not pain, financially.

The Front office thinks that if a player performed in the past, that he will continue, regardless of financial incentives, or lack thereof.

Redskin coaches have little control over the financial incentives.

Old time Redskin coaches had piles of cash on the sidelines to distribute immediately when there was a good play made. Incentives attuned to coaching leadership can be written in today's contracts.

Gruden or Manusky cannot be good Redskins coaches, because their hands are tied, and the money is largely already given away.

Views 7818

//

Last edited:
https://wapo.st/2ERg57V

Gonna pull a Jack move here!
Mirrors the other Administration in toxic work environment.......

https://wapo.st/2ERg57V

Gonna pull a Jack move here!
Mirrors the other Administration in toxic work environment.......

Sally Jenkins was the longtime defender of Lance Armstrong. I have avoided her stuff since then. That's not to say there are not problems in Redskins land.

Redskins shake up business operations, ousting Brian Lafemina, three deputies
Lafemina had been with the team as its president of business operations and chief operating officer for less than eight months. He had been tasked with boosting flagging season-ticket sales and game-day revenue.

I can assure you Dan Snyder will not get a new stadium. The residents in DC will have none of that.

New owner, new name, and abundant apologizes for past sins will be required.

Back
Top Bottom