• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reasons to Reject Christianity

This hell must be a huge place. Atheists, Buddhists, Muslims, non-messianic Jews, Taoists, Shintoists etc. About 66 percent of the world's population.

Correction...100%...

Only if you believe that the bible is true because the bible is true. God's word is a subjective opinion. There is no proof.

66 books, 40 writers, written over a span of almost 1,600 years...

If your prayer was sincere something will happen.

Of the 12 people in my Master's Seminary class, 11 found Jesus / God when they were in a serious crisis, down on their luck. They cried out and Jesus answered. 11 out of 12 testimonials. God hears from the brokenhearted.

Desperation tends to do that.

OM

I do volunteer work with 'at risk' teens in a detention facility. The staff doesn't discuss personal religious worldviews.

So by "secular" you mean "government", then? Seems a bit disingenuous to claim an absence of religious display in a facility where there are likely-lawsuit driven regulations against displays of religion by employees.

In a freer environment where religiosity isn't specifically regulated against you'd see more of what I experience.

So by "secular" you mean "government", then? Seems a bit disingenuous to claim an absence of religious display in a facility where there are likely-lawsuit driven regulations against displays of religion by employees.

In a freer environment where religiosity isn't specifically regulated against you'd see more of what I experience.

Doesn't matter whether the facility is secular or not. That is a just a red herring you are tossing out. Volunteer work is volunteer work, regardless of who does it, where it is done, and by whom it is done. and FWIW, I have a lot of non-religious, as well as religious friends who do volunteer work. The important thing isn't whether or not the volunteer worker is religious or not.....what matters is the work gets done and the needy get helped. If you think a religious person's work is any more important than a non-religious person's, that's on you and your priorities are questionable to say the least.

If were that simplistic then you'd expect a better success rate from depression medications.

Religious euphoria has been around since before the concept of monotheism.

OM

If your prayer was sincere something will happen.

Yep, I'm no true Scottsman.

...and Kenneth Copeland said that no "real Christian" gets sick or needs to die. If a "real Christian" dies, it's because they want to be with Jesus. That, or they had "insufficiant faith".

Of the 12 people in my Master's Seminary class, 11 found Jesus / God when they were in a serious crisis, down on their luck. They cried out and Jesus answered. 11 out of 12 testimonials. God hears from the brokenhearted.

People who really believe in God hear God.

It's called a Catch 22.

Yep, I'm no true Scottsman.

...and Kenneth Copeland said that no "real Christian" gets sick or needs to die. If a "real Christian" dies, it's because they want to be with Jesus. That, or they had "insufficiant faith".

People who really believe in God hear God.

It's called a Catch 22.

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." - God speaking, Jeremiah 29:13

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." - God speaking, Jeremiah 29:13

Catch 22. God won't appear until you believe he's there. With "all your heart".

That was addressed to a specific population of people in foreign exile; not random inhabitants of the western hemisphere in the unforeseeable 21st century.

OM

Last edited:
It is my opinion that God is real and the Bible is true. The same way it seems to be yours to the contrary.

Your opinion is based on faith. Ours is based on the lack of concrete evidence presented by those of your faith.

We win.

Your opinion is based on faith. Ours is based on the lack of concrete evidence presented by those of your faith.

We win.

Actually my belief is based on much more than mere "opinion". But, pearls before swine.......

Actually my belief is based on much more than mere "opinion". But, pearls before swine.......

No, your belief is no different than saying the moon is made of cheese before men landed on it and assured us it was made of rock.

Catch 22. God won't appear until you believe he's there. With "all your heart".

Or, God might just show up one day after giving someone every chance to believe, and cast the stiff-necked unbeliever into Hell for his arrogance.

I have noticed over the years how many Christians favor tossing out that old "pearls before swine" caption, without ever truly grasping the inherent context of the author.

OM

You should get desperate some day so you can be saved too then.

So your entire rationale for your religious world view is because you are scared/desperate to be saved ?

I have noticed over the years how many Christians favor tossing out that old "pearls before swine" caption, without ever truly grasping the inherent context of the author.

OM

Can't help you anymore. But I'll be around to knock down false claims against the Word and Christ.

Can't help you anymore. But I'll be around to knock down false claims against the Word and Christ.

You are the one who claims to be desperate. Who really needs the help? you or him ?

You are the one who claims to be desperate. Who really needs the help? you or him ?

Sorry to disappoint you but I've already crossed over unto eternal life in Christ (John 5:24).

You have WHAT when you belly up?

Sorry to disappoint you but I've already crossed over unto eternal life in Christ (John 5:24).

You have WHAT when you belly up?

Sorry..but you are most definately putting the cart before the horse and kicking logic to the curb while holding on to your desperation.

Back
Top Bottom