• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rapper Killer Mike pleads to CNN: 'Stop feeding fear and anger every day'

Shooting the messenger fallacy.

Are you referring to yourself or Killer Mike as the messenger? I am not criticizing Killer Mike. I happen to agree with him here and with his politics in general. He is one of my favorite rappers and activists. I am criticizing your right wing spin to what he said.

This is one of the most tone deaf takes on the web.

CNN didn't create this problem, years and years, and years, and years, and years of police abuse of citizens - particularly minorities and those poverty - created this.

Conservatives gutted police oversight because it was said to "hamstring" them, then we were told to just deal with whatever tyranny become normalized, because the job is inherently dangerous, and we shouldn't question whether the issues within the police culture were more than just a few "bad apples".

Gutting police oversight and demanding their methods never be judged was a neon sign that attracted sociopaths, racists, and violent sickos to police work. It really isn't hard to understand when you take off the blue glasses and see it for what it is.

People tried to file complaints against cops, those were trashed. They tried to vote in politicians to change the departments, that failed. They tried to vote in judges that would treat corrupt cops with the same lawful punishments we would face, and they got bought by the police unions. Then they tried to peaceful kneel in sporting games to bring attention to the lives being destroyed by rogue police, and that was stifled.

Conservatives led the way on all of those brick walls being built to protect police from accountability, and so now the people are resorting to the last option, angry rioting, a byproduct of which are the anarchists coming out of the wood work to take advantage of the situation.

And I had a thought last night:

We have what would be called "professional" theives of various stripes. They have had far fewer opportunities to "crime" during the lockdown.

Theres no unemployment for them and they have rent to pay too.

I suspect it's mostly them doing the looting. With a few doing the "monkey see, monkey do" bit.

Folks gotta eat, ya know?

Are you referring to yourself or Killer Mike as the messenger? I am not criticizing Killer Mike. I happen to agree with him here and with his politics in general. He is one of my favorite rappers and activists. I am criticizing your right wing spin to what he said.

There's no spin and Im not right wing. He said the right thing about CNN.

Not jealous of make believe.
Just laughing.

You mean crying with envy.

I agree with Killer Mike about CNN.

Now, where did he say anything about climate change being a 'hoax?'

Good lord, is PoS still insisting that people take their views from a rapper?

:lol:

Christ. Nobody cares what some random entertainer thinks, or at least, the world would be a lot better of a place if people didn't.

Good lord, is PoS still insisting that people take their views from a rapper?

:lol:

Christ. Nobody cares what some random entertainer thinks, or at least, the world would be a lot better of a place if people didn't.

Whoa, you finally spelled rapper right. It's a broken clock is right twice a day thing it seems. :mrgreen:

Now, where did he say anything about climate change being a 'hoax?'

When he said CNN promotes hate and fear.

Whoa, you finally spelled rapper right.

The spell-check on my tablet has to be checked all the time. You pretty sure he misspelled the word?

and.............??

Is this the way leftists debate? They burned down or looted Walmart and Auto Zone, so we need to look at the red squirrel which is Walmart and Auto Zone and forget that these idiots burn down and loot businesses that serve there area and are owned by black people.

Your stupid comment is what they call a diversionary tactic.

Much of this is just thugs ad criminals taking the opportunity to steal and plunder and then take their bounty home or sell it to buy drugs.

Is it a stupid diversionary tactic? How so?

Is it a stupid diversionary tactic? How so?

It is a diversionary tactic and it is the way that most people on the left debate, which is with deflection, diversion, ignoring and changing the topic.

Many of the businesses and stores that were burned down and robbed are the businesses in their own communities. Why? Frankly because they are too lazy and afraid to go to areas outside of where they live and will target those businesses that are within easy reach.

that someone uses the fact that large stores such as Target or Walmart are not black owned is just a way of saying "Look. there's a red squirrel over there" to excuse that MOST of the buildings that were ransacked or burned are in their own communities just like every riot before this. If they target a business that is far away from them, they stand a chance of getting caught and/or killed plus having to drive their stolen goods back to the ghetto they came from. the rioters are BLMers and thug criminal gang members using this to enrich themselves.

I am sick and tired of it. One bad white cop doesn't warrant what is going on.

It is a diversionary tactic and it is the way that most people on the left debate, which is with deflection, diversion, ignoring and changing the topic.

Many of the businesses and stores that were burned down and robbed are the businesses in their own communities. Why? Frankly because they are too lazy and afraid to go to areas outside of where they live and will target those businesses that are within easy reach.

that someone uses the fact that large stores such as Target or Walmart are not black owned is just a way of saying "Look. there's a red squirrel over there" to excuse that MOST of the buildings that were ransacked or burned are in their own communities just like every riot before this. If they target a business that is far away from them, they stand a chance of getting caught and/or killed plus having to drive their stolen goods back to the ghetto they came from. the rioters are BLMers and thug criminal gang members using this to enrich themselves.

Black people are too lazy to riot outside their neighborhoods? Is that what you are saying?

I am sick and tired of it. One bad white cop doesn't warrant what is going on.

The other three cops have nothing to do with this?

Oh yes they did.

You think the constant glorification of violent felons as “victims of police” has no impact on anyone?

Are you willing to say hands up don’t shoot was a bunch of crap?

Oh no they did not.. They do not have that power or influence. They are not constantly glorifying violent felons of as "victims of police".

Well, at least you realize that Trump is hope and CNN is fear mongers. Now all you need is to internalize that.

Trump is nowhere near hope, more like dope. He is a force of division and disruption and he enjoys inflaming every situation. He pours gasoline on every fire with is moronic rhetoric.

It's a recipe that works across multiple media outlets because people respond to fear and conflict. CNN, Fox News et.al. know what keeps their viewers watching and it's not good news or stories about people getting along. In a lot of ways, this is part of the chickens coming home to roost, but I don't think that will be the lesson that's learned. It's in the consumers' hands to change all of this, but echo chambers selling messages designed for their audience isn't going to change while it remains profitable to do so. Conservative media was doing the same during the Obama presidency with the same strategy in mind, so this is not unique to one segment of the media.

The media did not create fear and conflict. They don't have the power to manufacture fear and conflict.

Black people are too lazy to riot outside their neighborhoods? Is that what you are saying?

The other three cops have nothing to do with this?

I am saying the black people who are rioting are too lazy and afraid to riot outside their neighborhoods...yes.

People need to start pointing the finger directly at Jeff Zucker - from everything I'm reading, he's the one dictating the shots to everyone else, and demanding that other stories be cut so that he can get some more Trump-bashing in each set

Trump needs to start calling out Zucker by name - he has an inordinate amount of influence over this election

Killer Mike has done documentaries on racism, entire albums discussing police brutality. He's literally said that any institution not beneficial to black people needs to burn down. He's gone on record about how people who call Trayvon Martin a thug are racists. Only time the non-racists in the right listen to him is when he attacks CNN.

Imagine that.

Ja sam Baba Yaga [emoji328]

This is one of the most tone deaf takes on the web.

CNN didn't create this problem, years and years, and years, and years, and years of police abuse of citizens - particularly minorities and those poverty - created this.

Conservatives gutted police oversight because it was said to "hamstring" them, then we were told to just deal with whatever tyranny become normalized, because the job is inherently dangerous, and we shouldn't question whether the issues within the police culture were more than just a few "bad apples".

Gutting police oversight and demanding their methods never be judged was a neon sign that attracted sociopaths, racists, and violent sickos to police work. It really isn't hard to understand when you take off the blue glasses and see it for what it is.

People tried to file complaints against cops, those were trashed. They tried to vote in politicians to change the departments, that failed. They tried to vote in judges that would treat corrupt cops with the same lawful punishments we would face, and they got bought by the police unions. Then they tried to peaceful kneel in sporting games to bring attention to the lives being destroyed by rogue police, and that was stifled.

Conservatives led the way on all of those brick walls being built to protect police from accountability, and so now the people are resorting to the last option, angry rioting, a byproduct of which are the anarchists coming out of the wood work to take advantage of the situation.

Not surprised that there's no citations for any of this.

You mean crying with envy.
Laughing like a loon.

Trump is nowhere near hope, more like dope. He is a force of division and disruption and he enjoys inflaming every situation. He pours gasoline on every fire with is moronic rhetoric.

Nah, he is who he is, the hatred of him divides many people but that is on them. TDS is divisive and has driven some of the most scandalous behavior in the Democratic party in a generation.

"I hate him and his basket of deplorables because they are so divisive" is pretty much the nonsensical mantra of the Democratic party for the last 3 1/2 years.

[h=2]Powerful: Protesters Spell Out ‘Love’ With Burning Homes[/h]
The Babylon Bee “reports”

Powerful: Protesters Spell out ‘Love’ with Burning Homes

MINNEAPOLIS, MN—In a powerful display of their care for love and justice, protesters in Minneapolis burned the word “LOVE” into the city, arranging the inspiring message with homes and businesses set ablaze by their riots.
Heartfelt and moving.
The Bee is Dan Coats.
Be aware, the Bee’s point is very serious, but the reporting isn’t.

Back
Top Bottom