• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question for UFO & Alien skeptics

Yeah, i guess in the annals of the entire history of the planet there never has been a conspiracy,

Anyway....

Dr. Greer, though I admit occasionally frolics in the woo garden, or so it seems, he does seem to have managed to get the
testimonies of military, intelligence, government, corporate and scientific witnesses who came forward at the National Press Club in Washington, DC one particular bright and sunny day to tell of their experiences,. which, to some who might be curious and are open minded, might prove interesting.

Why these guys would want to associate with a nutjob like Dr. Greer, let alone many of them willing to go under oath before a congressional committee, or so many have said, guess they were kidding, go figure.

But, for the curious, I invite them to watch the film. Not saying it's all true, but it does have some compelling aspects, some wheat in the chaff, so to speak, worthy of attention, in my not-so-humble opinion.

But the film is so much more than this, but, one has to watch it, not giving away the plot. If you do, and it moves you from your rigid stance, even if the needle moves just a tad, let me know, 'cuz that was the question in the OP.

Greer is a joke, every few months (when he needs more money), he states that disclosure is just about to happen, its so near.....and nothing. As for Stanton Friedman, the ultimate con artist, he has been schlepping the same old worn out story for 30 years, and making a living off of it, but never with any proof or any results...just "see, look at these MJ12 documents!".

Grifters.

Greer is a joke, every few months (when he needs more money), he states that disclosure is just about to happen, its so near.....and nothing. As for Stanton Friedman, the ultimate con artist, he has been schlepping the same old worn out story for 30 years, and making a living off of it, but never with any proof or any results...just "see, look at these MJ12 documents!".

Grifters.

There are always plenty of marks.

Yeah, i guess in the annals of the entire history of the planet there never has been a conspiracy,

Anyway....

Dr. Greer, though I admit occasionally frolics in the woo garden, or so it seems, he does seem to have managed to get the
testimonies of military, intelligence, government, corporate and scientific witnesses who came forward at the National Press Club in Washington, DC one particular bright and sunny day to tell of their experiences,. which, to some who might be curious and are open minded, might prove interesting.

Why these guys would want to associate with a nutjob like Dr. Greer, let alone many of them willing to go under oath before a congressional committee, or so many have said, guess they were kidding, go figure.

But, for the curious, I invite them to watch the film. Not saying it's all true, but it does have some compelling aspects, some wheat in the chaff, so to speak, worthy of attention, in my not-so-humble opinion.

But the film is so much more than this, but, one has to watch it, not giving away the plot. If you do, and it moves you from your rigid stance, even if the needle moves just a tad, let me know, 'cuz that was the question in the OP.

I don't get Netflix, but anybody who actually believes we are alone in this cosmos is wearing blinders. Anybody who thinks the UFO thing is made up, is wearing blinders.

Still waiting for the answer as to why the aliens behave the way they do. Did anyone watch the film? I don't have Netflix and I have no intention of paying to see something that I have seen many times before. The OP seems incapable of telling us about any new points that the film has raised. He came here to spread the news but refuses to talk about it.

There is no rational reason that i need to answer that question. The show is on par with fictionalized shows like: Unsealed alien files. Its entertainment and not to be taken seriously.

I will take it you haven't seen the film.

If that were true, I wouldnt have asked anyone to watch it.

I can discern the difference between pop entertainment and something more substantial. I guess the many testimonies of scientists, military, government officials who thought enough of Dr Greer to cooperate with him are mere 'entertainment'.But what do I know?

AKAIK, they wont allow Greer's film on TV.

Dont you love people who know whst a book says without having read it?

Last edited:
Haven't seen the film OP mentioned yet, but came by to say that I think aliens have existed in the past, but usually things like super-volcanic eruptions and asteroid impacts wipe out civilizations before they hit space travel.

I can discern the difference between pop entertainment and something more substantial. I guess the many testimonies of scientists, military, government officials who thought enough of Dr Greer to cooperate with him are mere 'entertainment'.But what do I know?

Don't you just love people who say that a film gives an answer to a question but won't say what the answer is?

I have a question who is "they". Seems "they" seem to be allowing Netflix to show the film. So your point about not showing on TV is not much of a point. Netflix has about 94 million paid subscribers worldwide.

I have yet to finish the film, but so far it looks to me to be a lot like an updated version of Ancient Aliens from the History channel. Which by the way is on TV. There could very well be more advanced life out in the universe. When I get time I will finish watching the film.

I have a question who is "they". Seems "they" seem to be allowing Netflix to show the film. So your point about not showing on TV is not much of a point. Netflix has about 94 million paid subscribers worldwide.

I have yet to finish the film, but so far it looks to me to be a lot like an updated version of Ancient Aliens from the History channel. Which by the way is on TV. There could very well be more advanced life out in the universe. When I get time I will finish watching the film.
If you come across the answer as to why aliens behave the way that they do when they get here then please share it with us.

Last edited:

Who are "they"?

I do not wish to discuss your behavioral abilities to discern fact from fiction. I am sure that you believe the crap in that show, otherwise you would not be here trying to get people to watch this trash. Obviously you were convinced that if someone watches the entire show that they could not deny the claims. I am reminded of religious people who want you to read some literature believing that you will fall for it just like them. The reason that most do not believe in your show is that we do not have the undying faith in UFO's. Without that faith we see the show for what it is, pulp fiction. Like I said its just like all those other shows in that genre, there really is no difference. Its those same testimonies from the same nuts jobs that make the UFO community no different than the truthers, bigfoot nuts, paranormal and flatearthers.

I do not wish to discuss your behavioral abilities to discern fact from fiction. I am sure that you believe the crap in that show, otherwise you would not be here trying to get people to watch this trash. Obviously you were convinced that if someone watches the entire show that they could not deny the claims. I am reminded of religious people who want you to read some literature believing that you will fall for it just like them. The reason that most do not believe in your show is that we do not have the undying faith in UFO's. Without that faith we see the show for what it is, pulp fiction. Like I said its just like all those other shows in that genre, there really is no difference. Its those same testimonies from the same nuts jobs that make the UFO community no different than the truthers, bigfoot nuts, paranormal and flatearthers.

The cases are on all fours. They don't answer questions either.

Greer needs to pay if he wants his film on TV, since no one wants it. Free market at work.

So the film contains an interview with an alien who explains it? Or is it just some more alien believer speculation?

Hmmm, I don't recall an interview with an alien. I must have missed it.

Hmmm, I don't recall an interview with an alien. I must have missed it.

So nobody knows why the aliens behave as they do when they get here and the film does not answer that question. Understood.

So....if there are millions of people with cameras, then some of them are less than a mile a way...but still, no pictures.

False comparison (american made planes about which a lot is known, versus silver discs which are smaller, less detail in the manufacture, and nothing is known) And there are some less than a mile or about a mile closer shots of discs/UFOs. Just search for them. Ahh, of course, they are fake. I forgot. Are ALL of them fake?

Remember, if only one is the real deal, it, proves that faster than the speed of light is possible. That's historic.

Of the many thousands of shots of UFOs, I contend that one of them, at least one, is the real deal.

If that is true, then it's possible to travel faster than the speed of light. It won't be via the old method of rockets in air, it will be via some other paradigm not yet discovered, but it proves it's possible, and that is historic, indeed.

Last edited:
False comparison (american made planes about which a lot is known, versus silver discs which are smaller, less detail in the manufacture, and nothing is known) And there are some less than a mile or about a mile closer shots of discs/UFOs. Just search for them. Ahh, of course, they are fake. I forgot. Are ALL of them fake?

Remember, if only one is the real deal, it, proves that faster than the speed of light is possible. That's historic.

Of the many thousands of shots of UFOs, I contend that one of them, at least one, is the real deal.

If that is true, then it's possible to travel faster than the speed of light. It won't be via the old method of rockets in air, it will be via some other paradigm not yet discovered, but it proves it's possible, and that is historic, indeed.

The U stands for unidentified and not spaceship that can exceed the speed of light. So the film does not answer my question? You said that it did.

Grifters.

There have been many many thousands of sightings, if not millions. We have ancient paintings of (what appear to be solid ) UFOs in the paintings, we have descriptions of them in ancient texts of them (though scholars disagree of their interpretation ).

In the annals of history, if only one is real, that is historic. It begs the question, "If they have visited us, then why don't they present themselves to us?

That's a question born out of the poverty of man's imagination. There is probably a perfectly logical answer, but just because I don't know it, the fact that the answer to that question is probably beyond our grasp doesn't prove that at least one of the sightings is not real. Remember, we must understand taht it's a logical fallacy to impose our standards of reasoning on a race that might be thousands, perhaps, millions of years more advanced than us.

All it takes is just one, and that proves that faster than light travel is possible. That is historic.

If you come across the answer as to why aliens behave the way that they do when they get here then please share it with us.

Wouldn't you have to ask the aliens? I don't think anyone has met or asked one your question. :mrgreen:

I don't get Netflix, but anybody who actually believes we are alone in this cosmos is wearing blinders. Anybody who thinks the UFO thing is made up, is wearing blinders.

I think an observation of nature gives us the incontrovertible answer, to wit:

In nature, there is not one of anything. Not one fly, not one snake, not one foish, not one bear, not one microbe, not one grain of sand, ad infinitum.

Therefore, it simply cannot be possible that there is only one planet with intelligent life on it. If the universe is infinite, then the number must be in the trillions, and the idea that not one of them have discovered a means of interstellar travel is simply not logical. We have put all of our intellectual eggs in Einstein's basket, i.e., one cannot travel faster than the speed of light. That is true for the paradigm in which that equation is born. But is that the end of it? I wouldn't make such an assumption, if I were a scientist. Since when do scientists place limits on imagination and possibility? Not the innovators, anyway.

UFOs are just what the name says, unidentified flying objects. That doesn't mean aliens. And with all the cameras around, why is every video of a UFO some grainy, sketchy things where all you really see is some lights moving fast? It's no coincidence that Area 51 near US testing sites had a lot of UFO sightings, the military testing new technology.

And why would aliens fly around in broad daylight, or with giant lights shining at night? They wouldn't want to be detected. Come on, there are no aliens here

And watching documentaries mean absolutely nothing, their goal is to push their agenda and their view, they can make anything seem legit. I watched one on the conspiracy that Paul McCartney died in a car accident and they found a look a like for him and even they made it sound convincing even though it was ridiculous

for any biological creature incapable of folding the universe over on itself. the rules say that there's probably no way to exceed the speed of light unless infinite mass is something you enjoy, and probably not even then. look at that ****, man. those are galaxies. and those are just the ones that we can see. those distances are incredible.

But what about ludacris speed?

1344998898279631762.jpg

Wouldn't you have to ask the aliens? I don't think anyone has met or asked one your question. :mrgreen:

Why did you say that the film answered my question?

in the entire universe you are correct, but here, in our solar system, flying around earth is ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom