• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Proof of Guilt!

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Since I have been on DP, the one thing that all Trump supporters have said over and over again when given derogatory remarks about the President is "show proof of guilt". There was even one thread where another Trump supporter said "show proof that he has lied".

Today, in one fell swoop, proof of both has arrived. Egg in the face has now been splattered.

Cohen pleaded guilty to 8 charges, one of which was illegal campaign contributions at the bequest of President Trump in paying off the 2 women that were accusing Trump of having slept with them. These payments were made in order to influence the 2016 election.

Given that Trump has been asked repeatedly if he knew of those payments and having answered in a negative way, not only has it been proven that Trump has committed a crime but that he lied about it.

How will Trump supporters now handle this?

Two charges, 7 & 8. Right now we have only Cohen's word, which is worthless.

You're getting ahead of yourself. We still have to find out about the depth of collusion that Trump and his campaign performed with Russia.

We don't just have his word. We have the facts.

What reasonable person believes that Cohen acted on his own in paying off Trump's mistresses? Do you?

Moreover, Trump has already lied numerous times about this. He said he didn't have the affair. Then he said he didn't know about the payments. What is the president's word worth at this point? And the facts speak for themselves.

Since I have been on DP, the one thing that all Trump supporters have said over and over again when given derogatory remarks about the President is "show proof of guilt". There was even one thread where another Trump supporter said "show proof that he has lied".

Today, in one fell swoop, proof of both has arrived. Egg in the face has now been splattered.

Cohen pleaded guilty to 8 charges, one of which was illegal campaign contributions at the bequest of President Trump in paying off the 2 women that were accusing Trump of having slept with them. These payments were made in order to influence the 2016 election.

Given that Trump has been asked repeatedly if he knew of those payments and having answered in a negative way, not only has it been proven that Trump has committed a crime but that he lied about it.

Eyes closed, hands over ears, screaming at the top of their lungs "THERE WAS NO COLLUSION, THERE WAS NO COLLUSION!!!!!!!"

You're getting ahead of yourself. We still have to find out about the depth of collusion that Trump and his campaign performed with Russia.

Waiting for ‘depth’ of collusion? The Vast Majority of Honest and Coherent Americans would say we’ve reached the Center of the Earth with the CCC words.

Eyes closed, hands over ears, screaming at the top of their lungs "THERE WAS NO COLLUSION, THERE WAS NO COLLUSION!!!!!!!"

It’s funny too because, outside all of the Cohen stuff, it’s been....the meeting in the trump tower was about Russian adoptions, which changed to recently it was about to get dirt on clinton. How can anyone say there is no evidence of collusion with the flat out lie from trump?

What reasonable person believes that Cohen acted on his own in paying off Trump's mistresses? Do you?

Moreover, Trump has already lied numerous times about this. He said he didn't have the affair. Then he said he didn't know about the payments. What is the president's word worth at this point? And the facts speak for themselves.

I must imagine there's evidence for Mueller to allow the claim in the guilty plea. It doesn't make sense to allow someone to accuse someone else in their own guilty plea.

But we only have Cohen's word at this point. There needs to be proof that Trump knowingly ordered illegal actions.

To begin with, Tapes aren’t Worthless. To end this part of the post, Tapes aren’t Worthless.

Some are still willing to take the Word of One over the Word of Everyone Else.

To begin with, Tapes aren’t Worthless. To end this part of the post, Tapes aren’t Worthless.

Some are still willing to take the Word of One over the Word of Everyone Else.

I'm not taking the word of anyone, especially not Cohen even if it is in a guilty plea.

Evidence that Trump knowingly ordered illegal action.

I must imagine there's evidence for Mueller to allow the claim in the guilty plea. It doesn't make sense to allow someone to accuse someone else in their own guilty plea.

But we only have Cohen's word at this point. There needs to be proof that Trump knowingly ordered illegal actions.

Law enforcement is not about "proof." It's almost impossible to prove anything. The standard is beyond a reasonable doubt.

A reasonable person would not doubt that Trump ordered Cohen to pay off his mistresses.

Law enforcement is not about "proof." It's almost impossible to prove anything. The standard is beyond a reasonable doubt.

A reasonable person would not doubt that Trump ordered Cohen to pay off his mistresses.

Thread title.

Doing it doesn't mean he said to do it illegally or knew that a way he proposed was illegal.

The payoff isn't a violation Making a false campaign report is a violation. A minor one, at that.

So go ahead and impeach him in the House. He isn’t going anywhere. You will have to get him out fair and square.

Aww, you're still making excuses for Trump. How cute!

Cohen made tons of tapes, which are now in the possession of federal prosecutors. Almost none of it is protected by attorney-client privilege. Snippets have already been publicly aired. How quickly we forget.

Aww, you're still making excuses for Trump. How cute!

Cohen made tons of tapes, which are now in the possession of federal prosecutors. Almost none of it is protected by attorney-client privilege. Snippets have already been publicly aired. How quickly we forget.

I'm not a Trump supporter. Your idiocy is cute.

Cohen's word is not proof. The tapes we've access to are not proof. The thread title is "proof".

A single witness's testimony is sufficient for conviction on proof beyond a reasonable doubt. (And yes, I know, we're not at trial stage).

Also bear in mind that were he to voluntarily provide information to Mueller's team and it was a lie, he'd be in more doodoo.

Maybe you don't believe him and want corroborating evidence, but that really isn't the same as no proof.

A single witness's testimony is sufficient for conviction on proof beyond a reasonable doubt. (And yes, I know, we're not at trial stage).

Also bear in mind that were he to voluntarily provide information to Mueller's team and it was a lie, he'd be in more doodoo.

Maybe you don't believe him and want corroborating evidence, but that really isn't the same as no proof.

Unsubstantiated claims made somehow in a guilty plea are not proof.

I'm not trying to "defend Trump", I'm trying to be realistic. Trump will claim he ordered the payments but not in an illegal manner, or he didn't know his request was in an illegal manner and no one told him. That is what "proof" is up against, and it's gonna need more than a scumbag lawyer's word.

Waiting for ‘depth’ of collusion? The Vast Majority of Honest and Coherent Americans would say we’ve reached the Center of the Earth with the CCC words.

But how much treason did he commit?

Someone is screwed, ROTFLMAO....

So go ahead and impeach him in the House. He isn’t going anywhere. You will have to get him out fair and square.

That's funny because you only prove that Republicans are spineless to hold him accountable for, so that is going to be a reason to kick them out of congress.

The payoff isn't a violation Making a false campaign report is a violation. A minor one, at that.

Conspiracy to violate federal campaign finance laws is a felony, my friend

Back
Top Bottom