• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

President Obama's Real Record: The Facts

Obama without a teleprompter is like a puppet without its strings.

Is that bit of rhetoric your actual opinion? I know you don't like the guy, but you hardly seem to be the type to get caught up in the election season banter.

In any case, it's a long established fact that Obama's a fantastic speaker.

Is that bit of rhetoric your actual opinion? I know you don't like the guy, but you hardly seem to be the type to get caught up in the election season banter.

In any case, it's a long established fact that Obama's a fantastic speaker.

Exactly, we saw that last Wednesday night without a teleprompter

The facts matter. It was time a for a post like this.

The "fact"s would... unfortunately... the site is biased... and although I havent looked at all of what they have yet... what I can tell is comparing what they have for his numbers... It still says over half of them haven't been met.... 11% and 52% = 63%, close to two thirds not met (and thats showing a positive light)...

Mitt Romney kept 40 of 44 campaign promises when he was Governor of MA... That's meeting 91% of his campaign objectives... not the paltry 32% that [generic fact check site funded by liberal demagogue or democratic party front organization du jour] has listed for Obama...

... and when you want to whine about how Obama had to deal with the opposition of the Republican Party in Washington... nothing is in more opposition than Democratic support in MA, and Romney had to deal with an 87% opposition party legislature in getting what he did done... Also, Mitt Romney didn't have the running headstart of having control of both houses of the legislature when he first came into office...

So basically what you've told us, by showing us this story, is that Obama is FAR less effective at getting stuff done than Romney...

Thanks...

Spoken by someone who doesn't seem to have any concept of actual healthcare costs and who pays them. Do you actually think that you pay the healthcare costs of the uninsured in TX? Why should the federal taxpayer pay for those expenses? Healthcare is a state expense and thus a state responsibility and putting the Federal Govt. in control of the healthcare system just gives a federal bureaucrat that helped created the 16 trillion dollar debt more control and power.

it is absolutely incredible how poorly informed Obama supporters really are and how they buy the lies of this Administration. When Obama took over the economy he implemented a stimulus program that by all standards failed and rather than address that failure he moved on to Healthcare and basically a govt. mandate. That showed poor leadership and poor priorities with the results today showing that.

What bothers the American people is this

22.7 million Americans unemployed/under employed/discouraged
5.6 trillion dollars added to the debt
48 million on food stamps
Over 100 million Americans in need of some form of Taxpayer assistance
1.3% GDP growth which is less than last year and last year was less than the year before
A foreign policy that is a disaster and a world that is not nearly as safe as what he inherited. He got Bin Laden and we lost an Ambassador and had embassies attacked
He implemented the Status of Forces Agreement negotiated by Bush and then blew the peace
He implemented a surge in Afghanistan that has created a stronger Taliban
He has done nothing to stem Iran's pursuit of a Nuclear Weapon and has thrown Israel under the bus.

I could go on but those issues are why Obama doesn't have a job approval rating over 50% and why he is now losing in the polls.

He is an incompetent, empty suit that has no concept of leadership where you can never delegate responsibility. Obama supporters that remain don't understand the concept and thus will continue to make excuses for his failures. The record listed is what will and should make Obama a one term President

This is the first, and only rebuttal i have seen to PW's overly lengthy posts lol
Sadly it is full of spin and doesn't tell the real story..you know the one where we had the bush recession.

Well given your posts appear to be Soros Sponsored spam its not surprising you would be supporting another obvious Obama propaganda poster

Again, he is posting facts and you are posting partisan one liners. :shrug:

Exactly, we saw that last Wednesday night without a teleprompter

Clever.

Did you see any rallies? The DNC speech? Interviews? The McCain debates? That's what I'm basing this on, not a singular event he messed up. I actually thought he did far better than Romney, though. Looking past rhetoric and public opinion, it's becoming fashionable, people should try it. :lol:

Another 8 or so pages of misplaced arrogance, condescension, comprehension problems, and more logical fallacies than one could shake a stick at. I don't know why I keep responding to these joke threads. It seems like it might be entertaining, but the ability of some to obsess over their delusions far outdistances my amusement factor.

It would be different if I thought anyone reading was actually interested or fooled. If I thought anyone reading was taking this thread seriously anymore, it might be worth continuing, but -

This is the first, and only rebuttal i have seen to PW's overly lengthy posts lol
Sadly it is full of spin and doesn't tell the real story..you know the one where we had the bush recession.

You mean the recession that ended in june 2009? You mean the recession that Obama claimed to have the answers to? The numbers posted come from verifiable sites, non partisan sites like BEA.gov, BLS.gov, U.S. Census Bureau, and the U.S. Treasury site which is the bank account of the United States.

Clever.

Did you see any rallies? The DNC speech? Interviews? The McCain debates? That's what I'm basing this on, not a singular event he messed up. I actually thought he did far better than Romney, though. Looking past rhetoric and public opinion, it's becoming fashionable, people should try it. :lol:

What you and other Obama supporters want to ignore is that Obama has an indefensible record so that poor performance was due to the fact that no one even with a teleprompter can defend the record he has created over the past four years and that is why he is losing the election and will be a one term President

The "fact"s would... unfortunately... the site is biased... and although I havent looked at all of what they have yet... what I can tell is comparing what they have for his numbers... It still says over half of them haven't been met.... 11% and 52% = 63%, close to two thirds not met (and thats showing a positive light)...

Mitt Romney kept 40 of 44 campaign promises when he was Governor of MA... That's meeting 91% of his campaign objectives... not the paltry 32% that [generic fact check site funded by liberal demagogue or democratic party front organization du jour] has listed for Obama...

... and when you want to whine about how Obama had to deal with the opposition of the Republican Party in Washington... nothing is in more opposition than Democratic support in MA, and Romney had to deal with an 87% opposition party legislature in getting what he did done... Also, Mitt Romney didn't have the running headstart of having control of both houses of the legislature when he first came into office...

So basically what you've told us, by showing us this story, is that Obama is FAR less effective at getting stuff done than Romney...

Thanks...

That's pretty telling, actually. What it says is that Romney does not say what he plans to do. Forty-four campaign promises? By way of comparison, Politifact is tracking over 500 specific promises that Obama made. And in point of fact, Obama scores 74% of promises kept, compromised, or in the works.

It's really really easy not to break promises when you won't tell anyone what you intend to do!

You mean the recession that ended in june 2009? You mean the recession that Obama claimed to have the answers to? The numbers posted come from verifiable sites, non partisan sites like BEA.gov, BLS.gov, U.S. Census Bureau, and the U.S. Treasury site which is the bank account of the United States.

Downplaying the worst recession since the great depression..in order to make Obama look worse..how Noble of you.
Go ahead, tell me how many jobs we lost??

I find it amusing that a "centrist"'s main posting history on this board is starting what appear to be campaign statements for Obama.

Just saying.........

Does it get any more shallow than what you just posted? If so, I could have kept my scuba gear at home and put on my toe dipping shorts, given the level of depth coming from post like yours.

How many times must I say it? Go read my post on "After Eight (8) Years of Total Neglect" and you will understand WHY I have put my support behind Barack Obama. Until Republicans show me that they can take some responsibility for the 2007/2008 economic meltdown (their part in causing it), and until they can show me that they have learned something from sitting in the White House for eight (8 ) years, while not having one single response to the economic melt-down that happened on their watch, and until Republicans can show me that they have developed some sense of responsibility for their actions in Iraq, when they had control of the White House, then they do not serve my support. Period.

Now, what part about that do you fail to understand?

I will start supporting Republicans again, when they start taking some responsibility for their own actions. Right now, they are acting like a bunch of idiot morons who have no clue that actions have consequences. When this nation hands you power and control of the White House AND the Congress, you had BETTER show that you know what do with it, by respecting the People of the United States of America.

Until Republicans repudiate and purge the Neoconservative Virus that has attached itself to the blood stream of the Republican Party, that party can kiss my Vote Goodbye. When it stops leaning on the advice of people like:

Rumsfeld
Cheney
Wolfowitz
Perle
Abrams
Armitage
Ashcroft
Bolton
Bremer
Cohen
Dobriansky
Gingrich
Kissinger
Tucker
Woolsey

To name a few...THEN I will hear their voice and heal their land in my mind and in my heart. But, until then - the entire Republican Party is anathema to my better judgment.

That Party cannot accept the tenets of Neoconservatism and STILL be considered American, as far as I am concerned. What those bastards did to this country is unforgivable and something I will NEVER forget. I am not stupid and I have a Boeing 757 Type Rating. That means I know something about their so-called "New Pearl Harbor." The typical on the street member of the Republican Party, has no idea just how it has been used and abused by Neocon Jackals.

Just saying....

Gosh, I've never had the opportunity to respond to a post from Jay Carney, but I'll give it my best try.

- Created A National Healthcare Framework after 100+ years of Failure

Opposed by a majority of Americans, steals $761 billion from seniors, raises rates for young people 15-20%. See my "signature" below.

- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act

A waste of money spent on the premise of creating jobs but only adding to our 16 trillion dollar debt (see below).

- Prevented Economic Depression and put a floor under very weak economy

"Prevented"..."a floor" - how do we know this ol' great Karnac?

- Cleaned-up TARP I Re-Payments Problems
- Instantiated TARP II and Prevented a Core Financial Institution Meltdown

"Cleaned-up...Prevented..." ditto, see above.

- Prevented the U.S. Auto Industry from Collapsing and Forced its Restructuring

"Prevented..." I see a pattern here. You mean GM, now owned substantially by the US government with a stock price so low we couldn't sell it without incurring additional multibillions in debt. You mean producer of the Chevy Volt - a car that is estimated to cost $90000 per vehicle (we don't know for sure because GM's major shareholder (us) will not give us the data), yet is sold for 40-50K. Who do you suppose picks up the balance?

- Expanded Children's Health Insurance

At what expence? Do you not think our children will be paying back this debt? This could have been accomplished with something less than a 2000+ page health bill that Nancy "we will find out what is in the bill after we pass it" Pelosi didn't read.

- Signed the Mathew Sheppard Hate Crimes Act, Senate S.909

A redundant bill at best. We have laws against crime.

- Repealed DADT

I don't have a clue as to what dat is. But you are so smart and found it on the Obama web site, who am I to argue with you that this was an accomplishment.

- Signed Financial Regulatory Reform

What an accomplishment! I'd guess that every president since Washington has signed some form of "Financial Regulatory Reform." Only the narcicistic Obama would announce this as an "accomplishment" on his web site.

- Signed Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act

You are so smart! I don't have a clue what this is. Maybe you explained it above, but nobody could possible read through that drival. From the title I am guessing it is another burden on small business that has added to the number of unemployed.

- Signed The New Post-911 G.I. Bill

Always a good idea to support our GIs. Too bad he didn't "support" our ambassador and the skeleton crew he stranded in Libya.

- Signed Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure (CARD) Act

Is that why my credit card fees have gone up? Thank goodness thay have put some more regulations on those nasty credit card companies that come after me when I try to filch on the debt I've run up buying boats and drug paraphenalia.

- Signed 2010 Hire Act: Tax Breaks for Small Businesses (16 Tax Cuts for Small Businesses)

Bottom line - his policies have small business scared to death. Ask the US Chamber of Commerce. Total of 61000 more people working today than when he entered office - pitifull.

- Signed 2010 START Treaty & Protocol with Russia

So what?

- Ended the War in Iraq

And left a quagmire where there is still murder and mahem. Of course, the lamestream media isn't talking about this now that their guy is in office.

- Ending the War in Afghanistan

Don't believe it's ended yet ol' great Karnac. See, "And left a guagmire..." above.

- Dealt with Osama Bin Laden in his own home

Was he actually there!? Just had a discussion about that on another post. And I was saying that it was our Navy Seals that took him out. Silly me, I stand corrected.

- Worked with Congress and signed the Transportation & Student Loan Interest Rate Bill, HR 4348

"Worked with Congress...". You could have stopped there because that is truly an accomplishment for this President. You forgot the part about where he worked with Congress to pass a budget...oh never mind.
[/B]

"These are some of the major highlights and accomplishments of President Obama, during his first term in office. Whether his self-proclaimed" accomplishment really mean anything is a matter of opinion.

Please respond with more long winded responses so that I can ignore them. I've heard all of Obama's talking points before, but I would like to save some of my fellow posters from having to read more lame responses to their posts.

This thread goes a very long way to show just how hypocritical people are in this country. Of all the threads posted on this forum regarding the 2012 Election, precious few are as comprehensive of the reality surrounding this President's first term in office. Yet, not one single reply from those who claim that Obama, has failed in his presidency. So, much for honesty and integrity in American Politics.

When actual facts matter, all the lies get displaced and replaced with the proverbial pin hitting the floor.

Just noticed. You posted the first two responses to your own post within 1 minute of the first post and commented that nobody had responded to it. That must be a record. Talk about narcicistic.

I stopped reading after seeing the BS of the title...

we all know the "real"ity...

4 more weeks.. till we throw this vile scumbag marxist out of office...

and I laugh.. wasnt DADT Clintons?...

Lilly Ledbetter..yea thats helps women a lot.. NOT... but cute name...Lilly ..
lol........lol......:violin. Please educate us on how Obama is a Marxist again? With real proof this time. The logic from conservatives are just too funny sometimes.

P.S you still believe he from Kenya too right?

...it is absolutely incredible how poorly informed Obama supporters really are and how they buy the lies of this Administration.

LOL! You've got a guy calling himself a Presidential Candidate named Mitt Romney, lying to you every 24 hours and you sit here and pontificate about how incredible poorly informed Obama supporters really are? If that is not the pot calling the kettle, then I don't know what could ever qualify. Unbelievably, rich.

When Obama took over the economy he implemented a stimulus program that by all standards failed...

22.7 million Americans unemployed/under employed/discouraged
5.6 trillion dollars added to the debt
48 million on food stamps
Over 100 million Americans in need of some form of Taxpayer assistance
1.3% GDP growth which is less than last year and last year was less than the year before

Stop your misinformation right there.

Excuse me - who authorized you to put forth such a leap of logic? Who told you that by all standards it failed? Where did you obtain that knowledge? When Obama took office, the country was already shedding jobs like a dog sheds fleas and everybody on the planet already knows this to be a fact, seemingly, except you! How did you become so ignorant to the facts that are so clearly available to you?

Using the NPF Reports and BLS aggregate Reports we can clearly see that:

- 4,462,000 jobs were lost before Obama took one step into the Oval Office in late January 2009.
- From that peak of jobs in January 2008, we lost 775,000 jobs in the first half of 2008.
- Between June 2008 and December of 2008, we lost another 2,869,000 jobs.
- That's a total of 3,644,000 jobs lost in all of 2008.
- In January 2009, between December 12, 2008, and January 12, 2009, just a week before Obama took the oath of office, we lost another 818,000 jobs.

Total = 4,462,000 jobs lost BEFORE Obama came to office.

and rather than address that failure he moved on to Healthcare and basically a govt. mandate. That showed poor leadership and poor priorities with the results today showing that.

So, you admit that you are unable to read plain English? You were told precisely WHY going after Health Care and making that a priority was not a bad move on Obama's part, but you ignored that evidence and the facts given to MaggieD, in favor of a statement that proves you really don't understand what you are talking about.

Anyone that does not understand that you cannot spend MORE on National Health Care, than you are producing in National Income, is clearly someone who does not understand the issues at hand, nor the drag that such a paradigm has and will have on your overall economic survival. This point was spelled out for you through my post to MaggieD. Did you miss it? How can you possibly conclude that doing something about Health Care Costs, is somehow not a national priority, when failing to do so means increasing national deficits and national debt?

What bothers the American people is this

That's not what bothers the American People. What bothers the American People are the perpetual lies that keep flowing from the lips of Mitt Romney, on the campaign trail. Those lies are going to implode his campaign before the final poll is taken on November 6th, 2012.

A foreign policy that is a disaster and a world that is not nearly as safe as what he inherited. He got Bin Laden and we lost an Ambassador and had embassies attacked

No. You don't get away with that nonsense here buddy.

Precisely what do you see going on in the world that speaks to President Obama's so-called "failed foreign policy?"

- Qaddafi - gone.
- Bubarak - gone.
- Bin Laden - gone.
- 90%+ of the Al-Qaeda Chiefs - gone.
- Taliban disconnected and severely disrupted.
- Iraq War - terminated.
- Afghanistan War - terminating.

The Arab Spring was going to happen as a direct result of People deciding for themselves that they want to be free, not because Mitt Romney, failed to get elected as President in 2008.

United States Embassies and Consulates all around the world are not severely hardened Combat Operations Centers. They will never have the 1st Cav camped out on the perimeter and they won't have the ability to call in CAS from a FABO, nor will they be able to call in SLBM strikes from the 7th Fleet. There are Embassies for goodness sakes and we have a certain degree of protection surrounding them. If we can't get the cooperating government to help secure our perimeter, then we do it ourselves, or we get out. Those are our options. When we do not have intelligence on the ground that tells us we are in imminent danger, then we have rational justification for hardening security and even then, there is just so much that can be done against a force that swarms a compound of the type we had in Benghazi.

Now, you can sit on the fat of your rear-end and pretend that you understand this issues, even to the point of being critical about what should, or should not have happened with respect to security, but you have NO IDEA what you are talking about, or what it would have taken to know what counter-measures were necessary, or even if those counter-measures would have been enough at the time. In a situation like that, the best thing would could have done was evacuate the Embassy. But, apparently, neither the Staff, nor the Ambassador himself, nor ANY of the SEALS that were on the sight, thought that evacuation was necessary - or they would have communicated that to the White House.

So, stop sitting here politicizing something that was a National tragedy. You act as if this was the very first time a U.S. Sovereign facility was attacked overseas. This HAS happened before and it WILL happen again - REGARDLESS of who the President happens to be.

He implemented the Status of Forces Agreement negotiated by Bush and then blew the peace

You keep mixing fact with fiction as if you nobody can see you doing it. The war in Iraq, was shut down - period. President Obama, shut the war down - not President Bush. If President Bush, wanted to shut it down under his watch, then he could have done that. But, Bush, preferred to extend the war. So, Obama, shut it down on his watch.

Second, your hallucination and commingling of the facts here, is not by mistake. You do this as a matter of routine behavior. I've watched you do this before. You cite one fact and then you tack-on something that you plucked from thin air. Try posting a link to the "peace" that was blown - if you can.

He implemented a surge in Afghanistan that has created a stronger Taliban

You are really hopeless.

The Taliban got stronger because Bush 43 abandoned the mission in Afghanistan, by illegally invading Iraq. Troop levels were NEVER what they needed to be in Afghanistan, to properly handle the mission and nearly ever single Commander in the Field told you this. It was in the new practically every single night - yet you sit here and pretend that YEARS later, after Obama takes office, that somehow he's responsible for a Taliban resurgence in Afghanistan.

This post of yours is truly delusional and desperate. You are becoming a better liar than even Mitt Romney, himself and I did not think that was even remotely possible.

Eight years later? LOL!

He has done nothing to stem Iran's pursuit of a Nuclear Weapon and has thrown Israel under the bus.

LOL! You are sleep walking the rim of ridiculous!

Try actually READING the very first post in this thread. It tells you EXACTLY what this President has done with respect to Iran, including the most crippling sanctions in the history of Iranian International Sanction. All of this information can be easily found on the White House Website and all across the net with a simple web browser and a search engine. The fact that you are this ignorant of the facts that are so easily obtained - speaks volumes about WHY you support such a lying shape shifter like Mitt Romney.

You don't care about the truth. You care about spreading lies, deceit and deception - that much is crystal clear after reading many of your posts - including this one.

I could go on but those issues are why Obama doesn't have a job approval rating over 50% and why he is now losing in the polls.

My line-by-line reply proves that the ONLY thing you could go on doing, is making a total fool of yourself. You've said nothing that's been accurate, or even remotely plausible. You've lied about things that the very first post in this thread clearly spells out for you, and that has Official Documented Support. You've demonstrated that you have on understanding about how we secure our Embassies and Consulates abroad and you've clearly demonstrated that you don't even bother to look-up and research easily obtainable facts before posting some hallucination that then gets corrected by me, or others on this forum.

He is an incompetent, empty suit that has no concept of leadership where you can never delegate responsibility. Obama supporters that remain don't understand the concept and thus will continue to make excuses for his failures. The record listed is what will and should make Obama a one term President

The record as listed, which you never once even bothered to address on the merits. You make claims of failure, without providing evidence of failure. You misuse facts. You abuse the truth. You hide what you don't want to expose your flawed position. You ignore established documented counter argument, in favor of repeating the same lies time after time after time. You basically uphold all the tenets of being a Hyper-Partisan Hack. And, you actually enjoy doing it.

You are not interested in the truth. Yours is to propagate a lie and THAT is why the OP exists. It proves the claims that you have made to be outright lies. You never argue against the accomplishments posted. You simply declare your personal opinion about the President, as fact related to his actions as President and nothing could be more delusional, or as disconnected from reality.

You are not even a good pretender.

Another 8 or so pages of misplaced arrogance, condescension, comprehension problems, and more logical fallacies than one could shake a stick at. I don't know why I keep responding to these joke threads. It seems like it might be entertaining, but the ability of some to obsess over their delusions far outdistances my amusement factor.

It would be different if I thought anyone reading was actually interested or fooled. If I thought anyone reading was taking this thread seriously anymore, it might be worth continuing, but -

Who are you in this post? The one who pretends to dismiss what he can't seem to keep up with? Or, the one who can look at the real record of Obama, and conclude that indeed the Republican mantra about the man's failure is obvious low class partisan trash?

Amusement? You have no idea! :)

LOL! You've got a guy calling himself a Presidential Candidate named Mitt Romney, lying to you every 24 hours and you sit here and pontificate about how incredible poorly informed Obama supporters really are? If that is not the pot calling the kettle, then I don't know what could ever qualify. Unbelievably, rich.

Stop your misinformation right there.

Excuse me - who authorized you to put forth such a leap of logic? Who told you that by all standards it failed? Where did you obtain that knowledge? When Obama took office, the country was already shedding jobs like a dog sheds fleas and everybody on the planet already knows this to be a fact, seemingly, except you! How did you become so ignorant to the facts that are so clearly available to you?

Using the NPF Reports and BLS aggregate Reports we can clearly see that:

- 4,462,000 jobs were lost before Obama took one step into the Oval Office in late January 2009.
- From that peak of jobs in January 2008, we lost 775,000 jobs in the first half of 2008.
- Between June 2008 and December of 2008, we lost another 2,869,000 jobs.
- That's a total of 3,644,000 jobs lost in all of 2008.
- In January 2009, between December 12, 2008, and January 12, 2009, just a week before Obama took the oath of office, we lost another 818,000 jobs.

Total = 4,462,000 jobs lost BEFORE Obama came to office.

So, you admit that you are unable to read plain English? You were told precisely WHY going after Health Care and making that a priority was not a bad move on Obama's part, but you ignored that evidence and the facts given to MaggieD, in favor of a statement that proves you really don't understand what you are talking about.

Anyone that does not understand that you cannot spend MORE on National Health Care, than you are producing in National Income, is clearly someone who does not understand the issues at hand, nor the drag that such a paradigm has and will have on your overall economic survival. This point was spelled out for you through my post to MaggieD. Did you miss it? How can you possibly conclude that doing something about Health Care Costs, is somehow not a national priority, when failing to do so means increasing national deficits and national debt?

That's not what bothers the American People. What bothers the American People are the perpetual lies that keep flowing from the lips of Mitt Romney, on the campaign trail. Those lies are going to implode his campaign before the final poll is taken on November 6th, 2012.

No. You don't get away with that nonsense here buddy.

Precisely what do you see going on in the world that speaks to President Obama's so-called "failed foreign policy?"

- Qaddafi - gone.
- Bubarak - gone.
- Bin Laden - gone.
- 90%+ of the Al-Qaeda Chiefs - gone.
- Taliban disconnected and severely disrupted.
- Iraq War - terminated.
- Afghanistan War - terminating.

The Arab Spring was going to happen as a direct result of People deciding for themselves that they want to be free, not because Mitt Romney, failed to get elected as President in 2008.

United States Embassies and Consulates all around the world are not severely hardened Combat Operations Centers. They will never have the 1st Cav camped out on the perimeter and they won't have the ability to call in CAS from a FABO, nor will they be able to call in SLBM strikes from the 7th Fleet. There are Embassies for goodness sakes and we have a certain degree of protection surrounding them. If we can't get the cooperating government to help secure our perimeter, then we do it ourselves, or we get out. Those are our options. When we do not have intelligence on the ground that tells us we are in imminent danger, then we have rational justification for hardening security and even then, there is just so much that can be done against a force that swarms a compound of the type we had in Benghazi.

Now, you can sit on the fat of your rear-end and pretend that you understand this issues, even to the point of being critical about what should, or should not have happened with respect to security, but you have NO IDEA what you are talking about, or what it would have taken to know what counter-measures were necessary, or even if those counter-measures would have been enough at the time. In a situation like that, the best thing would could have done was evacuate the Embassy. But, apparently, neither the Staff, nor the Ambassador himself, nor ANY of the SEALS that were on the sight, thought that evacuation was necessary - or they would have communicated that to the White House.

So, stop sitting here politicizing something that was a National tragedy. You act as if this was the very first time a U.S. Sovereign facility was attacked overseas. This HAS happened before and it WILL happen again - REGARDLESS of who the President happens to be.

You keep mixing fact with fiction as if you nobody can see you doing it. The war in Iraq, was shut down - period. President Obama, shut the war down - not President Bush. If President Bush, wanted to shut it down under his watch, then he could have done that. But, Bush, preferred to extend the war. So, Obama, shut it down on his watch.

Second, your hallucination and commingling of the facts here, is not by mistake. You do this as a matter of routine behavior. I've watched you do this before. You cite one fact and then you tack-on something that you plucked from thin air. Try posting a link to the "peace" that was blown - if you can.

You are really hopeless.

The Taliban got stronger because Bush 43 abandoned the mission in Afghanistan, by illegally invading Iraq. Troop levels were NEVER what they needed to be in Afghanistan, to properly handle the mission and nearly ever single Commander in the Field told you this. It was in the new practically every single night - yet you sit here and pretend that YEARS later, after Obama takes office, that somehow he's responsible for a Taliban resurgence in Afghanistan.

This post of yours is truly delusional and desperate. You are becoming a better liar than even Mitt Romney, himself and I did not think that was even remotely possible.

Eight years later? LOL!

LOL! You are sleep walking the rim of ridiculous!

Try actually READING the very first post in this thread. It tells you EXACTLY what this President has done with respect to Iran, including the most crippling sanctions in the history of Iranian International Sanction. All of this information can be easily found on the White House Website and all across the net with a simple web browser and a search engine. The fact that you are this ignorant of the facts that are so easily obtained - speaks volumes about WHY you support such a lying shape shifter like Mitt Romney.

You don't care about the truth. You care about spreading lies, deceit and deception - that much is crystal clear after reading many of your posts - including this one.

My line-by-line reply proves that the ONLY thing you could go on doing, is making a total fool of yourself. You've said nothing that's been accurate, or even remotely plausible. You've lied about things that the very first post in this thread clearly spells out for you, and that has Official Documented Support. You've demonstrated that you have on understanding about how we secure our Embassies and Consulates abroad and you've clearly demonstrated that you don't even bother to look-up and research easily obtainable facts before posting some hallucination that then gets corrected by me, or others on this forum.

The record as listed, which you never once even bothered to address on the merits. You make claims of failure, without providing evidence of failure. You misuse facts. You abuse the truth. You hide what you don't want to expose your flawed position. You ignore established documented counter argument, in favor of repeating the same lies time after time after time. You basically uphold all the tenets of being a Hyper-Partisan Hack. And, you actually enjoy doing it.

You are not interested in the truth. Yours is to propagate a lie and THAT is why the OP exists. It proves the claims that you have made to be outright lies. You never argue against the accomplishments posted. You simply declare your personal opinion about the President, as fact related to his actions as President and nothing could be more delusional, or as disconnected from reality.

You are not even a good pretender.

wow I love it. Everything you said was point on.

You mean the recession that ended in june 2009?

There you go again.

Spewing misinformation as fact. Your post is indicative of the fact that you don't really understand what a liquidity based economy means, when your primary funding sources dry up and stop providing the same level of compensating balances that enable the same level of credit through the economy. I've written about this in several other threads, chasing down your failures to accurately describe WHY there is such slow job growth, even after the technical recession is over.

But, you don't care that a liquidity based economy is different than a manufacturing based economy and you don't care that such a infrastructural differential will mean slower than normal economic recover on the jobs scene. All you want to do is score what you think are political points, while never being honest enough to realize just how weak your argument is in the light of what real economists like Northwestern University's Robert Gordon, Harvard's Jeffrey Frankel, and Stanford's Robert Hall have declared about WHY are economy will not be able to put on job growth as seen in the past - given the structural differentials between the economy of 1980/1982 and 2007/2008.

You just do not posses the ability to be intellectually honest about the matter. So, why do you even bother?

You mean the recession that Obama claimed to have the answers to?

and...

The numbers posted come from verifiable sites, non partisan sites like BEA.gov, BLS.gov, U.S. Census Bureau, and the U.S. Treasury site which is the bank account of the United States.

Posting "numbers'' DO NOT explain HOW we got there and how severe the problems were BEFORE we got there. You never address those issues because doing so, would force you to admit that George W. Bush, and his wars for Oil, PSA Contracts and Halliburton No Bid Contracts, are at the heart of the causation. You also have failed to demonstrate that you know anything about the well known concept of Economic Momentum.

Even a small child could understand that, if you put a bowling ball at the top of a tilted plank and allowed it to roll to the bottom, that the ball would have more Momentum near the bottom of the tilted plank, than it would while at rest near the top, or at any point along its path to the bottom.

Intuitive, you could demonstrate that to a small child and they would understand it - intuitively, even if they could not describe the Newtonian Mathematics that drive it. Similarly, you could describe to that same small child, the concept of a near $14 trillion economy, retaining "some" of its negative momentum even AFTER a technical recession has been declared as being no longer in existence and especially when that economy was so dependent on liquidity from China, Germany and Japan.

You know, trying to discuss this matter with you like an adult, has proven to be utterly impossible - because you continually inject your irrational "numbers" into a formula that simply rejects your inputs as being insufficient to calculate a result.

Goodnight, I'll see you guys after the Vice Presidential debate. Maybe by then, you will have developed some intellectual honesty on things economic.

Last edited:
wow I love it. Everything you said was point on.

But, I misspelled Mubarak. Do ya think they'll doc me a few points for doing that?

LOL! Goodnight!

According to Politifact.com, Obama, made some 500 promises as a Candidate for President.

Disclaimer: I've condensed your post for space.

Politifact is a left wing website pretending to be a fact checking organization.

Politifact Beclowns Itself. Again. - 620 WTMJ - Milwaukee's Source for Local News and Weather

Obama PROMISES To Cut Deficit In Half By 2012 - YouTube

Amount of debt Obama has added since he took office = Nearly 6 trillion

Hyper-Partisan Politics being what it is on the net these days and the Main Stream Media attempt to keep "hot stories" smoldering for as long as they possibly can, even when the fire has long since burned out, will often times result in skewed or slanted readings of history.

Right off the bat you try and set up your endless strawmen with a false premise. The only "hot" stories the MSM wants to keep smoldering as long as they can are stories that affect Republicans. They bury, obfuscate, and work as operatives for the Obama Administration. They ran with his Benghazi lies, ambushed Romney with his talking points at a press conference, and repeat his talking points endlessly without question.

Politifact.com claims that President Obama, has he's kept 162 promises and broke 56 promises, with 218 either compromised, stalled or still pending.

I was looking at some of Obama's "kept" promises and it doesn't even pass the laugh test. One was "Increase minority access to capital" which was described as:

Strengthen Small Business Administration programs that provide capital to minority-owned businesses, support outreach programs that help minority business owners apply for loans, and work to encourage the growth and capacity of minority firms.

That's code speak for wealth redistribution. The only way your Government can allocate capital is if taxes, borrows, or spends. So yes, technically you could claim this was a "promise kept" since Obama is handing minorities other people's money, but at what cost to the overall Economy? It's inefficient to take private capital out of the markets, cycle it through WA, and then give it to someone else to put it back where the Government took it from in the first place. This is ambiguous language at best and it allows a corrupt left wing organization like Politifact to be very loose with their standards and how they apply those standards. It's called selection bias.

OBAMAFAILDEFICITSCBO-600x389.jpg

1. Nearly 6 trillion new deficit added within 4 years
2. 14.7 U6 Unemployment
3. Lowest LFPR in decades
4. 1 in 6 Americans in poverty
5. Median income down more than 4K
6. HC premiums up despite claims they would be reduced
7. Obamacare tax and other massive taxes on the poor, middle class, and small businesses
8. 70% of small business say they don't want to hire because of Obamacare
9. 54% of all college graduates aged 25 and younger are unemployed or underemployed. Imagine getting a BA and the only job you can get is at McDonald's. Not only that, but you're in debt up to your eyeballs with student loans which are currently sitting at 1T with interest rates set to rise. What could possibly go wrong?
10. 47 M Americans on Food Stamps
11. Obama is spending 24.5% of Total GDP. The highest since WW2
12. His Stimulus was a massive failure filled with waste/fraud/abuse
13. Our credit rating was downgraded
14. New business creation is at an all time low. This is huge.
15. Solar Energy Company Touted By Obama Goes Bankrupt - ABC News

And did I mention Benghazi yet?

Others in Congress, standing in opposition to the President, have publicly stated that their task is to make sure that the President's agenda for the country fails

It's obvious the destruction he is wreaking on the Economy is purposeful. He wants to be in the position of power to put everything back together after it crashes. That's the plan. Overload the Entitlement System. Put your foot on the gas and speed up collapse. "Never let a crisis go to waste".

Despite two (2) ongoing Wars and the nation reaching the point of a Great Economic Recession prior to coming to office, after his inauguration

Which 2 wars? You claim "Obama ended the Iraq War"

2FP_121004.png.cms

Created A National Healthcare Framework after 100+ years of Failure - Nonsensical gibberish

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act - lol

Prevented Economic Depression and put a floor under very weak economy - See above. This is a laughable talking point.

Cleaned-up TARP I - He spent half of it. That's it

Instantiated TARP II and Prevented a Core Financial Institution Meltdown - He's added nearly 6 trillion in debt within 4 years.

Prevented the U.S. Auto Industry from Collapsing and Forced its Restructuring - He screwed the shareholders who actually had private capital invested in the company and bailed out the UAW with taxpayer funds. 40B WHICH HAS STILL NOT BEEN PAID BACK.

Expanded Children's Health Insurance - 26 Year old adults are not children

Signed the Mathew Sheppard Hate Crimes Act, Senate S.909 - Oh please. Hate Crime legislation is redundant liberal nonsense. Crime is crime

Repealed DADT - Which millions of Americans oppose

Signed Financial Regulatory Reform - which the BIG banks are LOVING. After all, Obama will bail them out with your money if they fail. Foreward!

Signed Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act - See above. It's pandering nonsense.

Signed The New Post-911 G.I. Bill - More Government benefits as his administration tries to suppress their vote

Signed Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure (CARD) Act - This has actually had unintended consequences on the public as companies have adjusted to the regulations and passed those costs onto their customers

Signed 2010 Hire Act: Tax Breaks for Small Businesses (16 Tax Cuts for Small Businesses) Obamacare

Signed 2010 START Treaty & Protocol with Russia - Hahahaha "I will transmit information to Vladimir!

Ended the War in Iraq - No he didn't. Bush did.

Ending the War in Afghanistan - Retreating actually

Dealt with Osama Bin Laden in his own home - Um he gave an order any President would have and he even had to be coddled and asked 3 times into doing THAT by Hillary. Oh and Benghazi

Worked with Congress and signed the Transportation & Student Loan Interest Rate Bill, HR 4348 - You know this all smoke and mirrors right? The students are getting screwed.

Still, critics of the President will counter by using negative or slow economic data

GDP Growth was revised DOWN to 1.3% Manufacturing Jobs are on the decline.

Team Obama said in

Other critics lay false blame for the lack of spirited job creation at the door step of Healthcare legislation that has not even been fully implemented

Small Business on Obamacare: No Reason to Hire or Invest - US Business News - CNBC

- The Private Sector has added jobs for 31 consecutive months - His net gain is like +.07%

More than 1,000,000 new jobs were created (under Obama's Presidency - note added) <-- which sucks. They were created in spite of his failed policies. If the proper economic policies and conditions were in place, we would have had a real recovery. A million jobs were created in the same month of the third year of Reagan's Presidency where Obama saw a net gain of ZERO JOBS for the entire month. Reagan had GDP numbers as high 9.3%. Obama was just downgraded to 1.3%

The Unemployment rate went down to 7.8% in September 2012 - Laughable dummied up numbers. 600K Government Jobs in 2 months funded with private market capital. A Federal Unemployment rate of 4.3%. 30 hour a week jobs being reclassified as "full time jobs" and most of these are at McDonald's. What a joke.

Latest Household Survey shows that 873,000 people found employment - Yea "Household Surveys". It's volatile data that is not usually taken very seriously. Payroll surveys are much more accurate.

Metropolitan Area Reporting shows a decline in the number of higher unemployment areas surveyed (2011 through Sept 2012) - The LFPR is shrinking and so is the job market. If were calculating this data using 2008 assumptions unemployment would be 11%. U6 Unemployment is 14.7%. A disaster.

President Obama, now owns the United States Economy.

And our Economy is in the toilet. It's time for someone new. He had his chance and he failed.

Millions of jobs had been lost by the time President Obama, got to office and hundreds of thousands per month were being lost before he could put any plans for a recovery into place

You're assuming that Obama had to "put something in place" for there to be job creation. Who taught you that? Secondly the Economy isn't even creating enough jobs to keep up with population growth.

ETA Press Release: Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims Report

In the week ending September 29, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 367,000, an increase of 4,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 363,000. The 4-week moving average was 375,000, unchanged from the previous week's revised average.

It wasn't 800K jobs a month endlessly either. There was initial job loss in the beginning of the recession. That's why it's called a recession. It wasn't endlessly losing 800K jobs a month for years or something. Reagan inherited a worse situation than Obama and had a robust and growing economy within 3 years.

The Real Problem with the United States Jobs Recovery: American Companies Hoarding Over $5 Trillion in Cash

Why doesn't Obama take their money. Maybe if he spent their 5 trillion like he spent the last nearly 6 trillion utopia will be realized right? What could possibly go wrong? What makes Obama more qualified to invest Capital? Go look at Obama's record as an Investment banker with other people's money and tell us all why we should trust him with another 5 trillion. Thanks.

Once again, the United States Mainstream Media has failed to accurately report the problem, as vociferously as it does hyper-partisan political stories that dominate each so-called news cycle.

This is just dressed up class warfare rhetoric

Do you understand that The Fed has been printing worthless paper for years and flooding Wall St. with cheap money? It's like crack except we all end up PAYING THE PRICE.

2013 State Business Tax Climate Index | Tax Foundation

index_web_small.png

In either case, ????????? come again? these are American Companies for the most part and should be interested in the full recovery of the United States Recovery.

What utter rubbish ... seriously ... Do you understand how a Free Market Economy actually works? I'm genuinely curious. Should they be forced to invest Capital? Where are you going with this?

Recovery could be over and done with by now, had American Companies simply participated in that recovery, without coming anywhere near depleting all of their cash reserves.

American Companies are not obliged to bail out Obama with their hard earned capital after he fails and wastes trillions. Sorry. For any future replies please feel free to review this post.

Downplaying the worst recession since the great depression..in order to make Obama look worse..how Noble of you.
Go ahead, tell me how many jobs we lost??

How do you know it was the worst recession since the Great Depression? How many recessions did you live and work through?

Much of 2010 Unemployment and discouraged workers were over 16 million

Disclaimer: I've condensed your post for space.

Politifact is a left wing website pretending to be a fact checking organization.

Politifact Beclowns Itself. Again. - 620 WTMJ - Milwaukee's Source for Local News and Weather

Obama PROMISES To Cut Deficit In Half By 2012 - YouTube

Amount of debt Obama has added since he took office = Nearly 6 trillion

Right off the bat you try and set up your endless strawmen with a false premise. The only "hot" stories the MSM wants to keep smoldering as long as they can are stories that affect Republicans. They bury, obfuscate, and work as operatives for the Obama Administration. They ran with his Benghazi lies, ambushed Romney with his talking points at a press conference, and repeat his talking points endlessly without question.

I was looking at some of Obama's "kept" promises and it doesn't even pass the laugh test. One was "Increase minority access to capital" which was described as:

That's code speak for wealth redistribution. The only way your Government can allocate capital is if taxes, borrows, or spends. So yes, technically you could claim this was a "promise kept" since Obama is handing minorities other people's money, but at what cost to the overall Economy? It's inefficient to take private capital out of the markets, cycle it through WA, and then give it to someone else to put it back where the Government took it from in the first place. This is ambiguous language at best and it allows a corrupt left wing organization like Politifact to be very loose with their standards and how they apply those standards. It's called selection bias.

OBAMAFAILDEFICITSCBO-600x389.jpg

1. Nearly 6 trillion new deficit added within 4 years
2. 14.7 U6 Unemployment
3. Lowest LFPR in decades
4. 1 in 6 Americans in poverty
5. Median income down more than 4K
6. HC premiums up despite claims they would be reduced
7. Obamacare tax and other massive taxes on the poor, middle class, and small businesses
8. 70% of small business say they don't want to hire because of Obamacare
9. 54% of all college graduates aged 25 and younger are unemployed or underemployed. Imagine getting a BA and the only job you can get is at McDonald's. Not only that, but you're in debt up to your eyeballs with student loans which are currently sitting at 1T with interest rates set to rise. What could possibly go wrong?
10. 47 M Americans on Food Stamps
11. Obama is spending 24.5% of Total GDP. The highest since WW2
12. His Stimulus was a massive failure filled with waste/fraud/abuse
13. Our credit rating was downgraded
14. New business creation is at an all time low. This is huge.
15. Solar Energy Company Touted By Obama Goes Bankrupt - ABC News

And did I mention Benghazi yet?

It's obvious the destruction he is wreaking on the Economy is purposeful. He wants to be in the position of power to put everything back together after it crashes. That's the plan. Overload the Entitlement System. Put your foot on the gas and speed up collapse. "Never let a crisis go to waste".

Which 2 wars? You claim "Obama ended the Iraq War"

2FP_121004.png.cms

GDP Growth was revised DOWN to 1.3% Manufacturing Jobs are on the decline.

Team Obama said in

Small Business on Obamacare: No Reason to Hire or Invest - US Business News - CNBC

And our Economy is in the toilet. It's time for someone new. He had his chance and he failed.

You're assuming that Obama had to "put something in place" for there to be job creation. Who taught you that? Secondly the Economy isn't even creating enough jobs to keep up with population growth.

ETA Press Release: Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims Report

It wasn't 800K jobs a month endlessly either. There was initial job loss in the beginning of the recession. That's why it's called a recession. It wasn't endlessly losing 800K jobs a month for years or something. Reagan inherited a worse situation than Obama and had a robust and growing economy within 3 years.

Why doesn't Obama take their money. Maybe if he spent their 5 trillion like he spent the last nearly 6 trillion utopia will be realized right? What could possibly go wrong? What makes Obama more qualified to invest Capital? Go look at Obama's record as an Investment banker with other people's money and tell us all why we should trust him with another 5 trillion. Thanks.

This is just dressed up class warfare rhetoric

Do you understand that The Fed has been printing worthless paper for years and flooding Wall St. with cheap money? It's like crack except we all end up PAYING THE PRICE.

2013 State Business Tax Climate Index | Tax Foundation

index_web_small.png

What utter rubbish ... seriously ... Do you understand how a Free Market Economy actually works? I'm genuinely curious. Should they be forced to invest Capital? Where are you going with this?

American Companies are not obliged to bail out Obama with their hard earned capital after he fails and wastes trillions. Sorry. For any future replies please feel free to review this post.

Outstanding, a lot of work went into that post, more than I was willing to give the poster, great job!

How do you know it was the worst recession since the Great Depression?
Trough to peak employment figures, in addition to the massive loss in wealth both locally and globally in said time span. Stands alone in those respects.

Trough to peak employment figures, in addition to the massive loss in wealth both locally and globally in said time span. Stands alone in those respects.

Massive losses of wealth occurred in the 81-82 recession as well as people were forced to throw their house keys at lending institutions, higher unemployment, higher inflation, higher misery index which affected more Americans than this one.

Back
Top Bottom