• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Polls show highest level of support in decades for legal protections for abortion

If my girlfriend didn't have an abortion, I would have another child.

Did you discuss her plans for an accidental pregnancy before it occurred?

Were you/she using birth control?

Did you find out her intentions re: pregnancy BEFORE you unzipped your pants?

Maybe I wasn't clear. I was responding to a question as to why I felt so strongly about the "fact" IMO that abortion is murdering an unborn child.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I was responding to a question as to why I felt so strongly about the "fact" IMO that abortion is murdering an unborn child.

Why didn't you answer my question? It was pretty straight forward.

It's been shown that abortion is not murder over and over again here. To continue to claim that it is is lying, IMO.

I know...but you didnt explain why you felt so strongly.

So we asked some questions to clarify your response. It's a discussion forum and we're trying to move discussion forward and understand, to 'discuss.'

--Did you discuss her plans for an accidental pregnancy before it occurred?

--Were you/she using birth control?

Most abortions are performed because having a baby is inconvenient for the mother. TOXIC FEMININITY

You want Roe v. Wade overturned and abortion banned to keep toxic females from murdering a child because it is an inconvenience.

If abortions are made illegal there will be no laws legally controlling who performs abortions, what methods they use, at what stage of the pregnancy they are performed, and who gets them. How will this stop abortions? Have you thought this through?

The only way to control abortion is to make it legal.

I think Sheepdog has thought it through. He has no interest in stopping abortions. He wants the "toxic females" to go to prison. It is actually possible that this image is a turn-on for him.

Why should a woman be forced to bear you a child simply because she made the mistake of having sex with you?

Also, why were you having sex outside of marriage in the first place? Perhaps that's your problem?
Don't have sex until you're married, then perhaps any accidental pregnancies will result in children.

That poll is great news!

I have never understood why some people are so adamantly against abortion.

In my opinion, abortion is the second greatest thing in life (it follows birth control).

With fewer people in the world, quality of life is so much better.

(And besides, birth control and abortions prevent the birth of little babies who grow up to be vicious criminals.)

In my opinion, abortion is the second greatest thing in life (it follows birth control).

(And besides, birth control and abortions prevent the birth of little babies who grow up to be vicious criminals.)

So, um...a tad extreme perhaps? :shock:

Shock value maybe?

Sarcasm?

That poll is great news!

I have never understood why some people are so adamantly against abortion.

With fewer people in the world, quality of life is so much better.

Perhaps you'd like to join in this thread, seems to be along these same lines.

US fertility rate falls to 'all-time low,' CDC says

You'd probably have some good comments to contribute.

Most religious-social conservatives are against government handouts and rightfully so.

But isn't it ironic how the same religious-social conservatives want to stop or restrict abortions, and doing so will only cause more unwanted births which will result in more people on welfare.

More unwanted children in the world is what we don't need for so many reasons. Fewer of these children and fewer breeders would make the world so much better.

Abortion has been legal since 1973. It's time to abort this whole idea of outlawing abortion.

Care to explain how "abortion is the second greatest thing in life" ?

Well, birth control is No. 1.

After all, being born is a terrible thing.

Some thinkers have even said that parents are de facto criminals in having children, knowing full well that all humans can expect illness, grief, injustice, and loneliness in their short time here on earth.

So abortion is No. 2, for it also prevents another human being from having to endure this veil of tears.

Have a nice weekend!

Still hoping for an answer to this one:

Did you discuss her plans for an accidental pregnancy before it occurred?

Were you/she using birth control?

I know...but you didnt explain why you felt so strongly.

So we asked some questions to clarify your response. It's a discussion forum and we're trying to move discussion forward and understand, to 'discuss.'

--Did you discuss her plans for an accidental pregnancy before it occurred?

--Were you/she using birth control?

I am curious, because if you used birth control, or had discussed it and knew her beliefs/position on the issue...what's the problem? Were you expecting to have a child with her?

Still hoping for an answer to this one:

I am curious, because if you used birth control, or had discussed it and knew her beliefs/position on the issue...what's the problem? Were you expecting to have a child with her?

Nobody should have sex unless they are willing to accept the consequences of pregnancy. One of the consequences would be abortion.

Most women seem to have definite views on pregnancy/abortion - but that all can change on a dime once the reality of pregnancy sets in.

Nobody should have sex unless they are willing to accept the consequences of pregnancy. One of the consequences would be abortion.

Most women seem to have definite views on pregnancy/abortion - but that all can change on a dime once the reality of pregnancy sets in.

I do find it hard to believe that some people dont realize that abortion is a consequence.

Or that it can also be a very responsible choice.

I do find it hard to believe that some people dont realize that abortion is a consequence.

Or that it can also be a very responsible choice.

Imagine thinking that murdering a baby is a responsible choice. Wow!!!

How many abortions do you think Trump has paid for over the course of his lifetime?

Planned Parenthood was upset today that there was absolutely no mention of the abortion issue during either of the 2 days of Democrat debates. Trump mentioned it though at his Cincinnati Rally.

One side is hiding the other not.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Planned Parenthood was upset today that there was absolutely no mention of the abortion issue during either of the 2 days of Democrat debates. Trump mentioned it though at his Cincinnati Rally.

One side is hiding the other not.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Can you link me to the comments about Planned Parenthood being upset?

Facts are better than imagination.

Like...it's stupid to imagine that abortion is murder. Do you see any women being arrested for having abortions? Have you noticed that every one of the newly proposed abortion laws has been blocked by the courts?

It's also stupid to avoid facing the reality that abortion can be a responsible choice:

--There's nothing responsible about having a kid you cant afford and expecting tax payers to take up that burden with public assistance.

--There's nothing responsible about having a kid you arent emotionally prepared to have and may abuse or neglect.

--There's nothing responsible about having a kid if you know you wont stop drinking, smoking, doing drugs, etc that will damage the unborn.

--There's nothing responsible about remaining pregnant and dropping out of high school or college or missing work and not fulfilling your potential in society.

--There's nothing responsible about remaining pregnant/having a child and not being able to fulfill your other commitments and obligations to family, dependents, employer, church, community, society.

--There's nothing responsible about having a kid and giving it up for adoption when there are already over 100,000 kids in America waiting to be adopted. It means one less waiting will find a home.​

Back
Top Bottom