• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll: Trump approval falls in every state

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

By Rebecca Savransky - 10/10/17

President Trump's approval rating has fallen in all 50 states since his inauguration in January, according to a new poll. A Morning Consult survey found that Trump's national job performance numbers have also dropped since January. In September, 43 percent of respondents said they approved of Trump's performance, and 52 percent disapproved. In January, 49 percent of voters approved of Trump's performance, compared to 39 percent who disapproved. According to the poll, a majority of voters in 25 states said in September they disapproved of Trump's job performance. Some of those states include those Trump carried during the 2016 election, such as Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa and Pennsylvania.
Fifty-one percent of voters in Nevada and Arizona also disapproved of Trump's job performance.

In Florida, Georgia and North Carolina, voters were divided on the president's job performance. Still, a majority of voters in 12 states, including Wyoming, West Virginia, Alabama and Louisiana, said they approve of Trump's performance. The poll was conducted from Jan. 20 to Sept. 26 among 472,032 registered voters. Since assuming office, Trump has struggled to carry out some of his key agenda items, including the repeal and replace of ObamaCare and building a wall along the country's southern border. On Tuesday, Trump tweeted that he would be using the "power of the pen" to give people great health care since Congress didn't act.

The unavoidable conclusions that Trump is divisive, corrosive, and a demagogue has affected Trumps approval ratings in every state of the union.

Click here to see a state-by-state breakdown of the poll results.

That's the narrative you have established in your head or what CNN tells you. In reality, Trump still has a passionate base and if a re-election were held today, he would likely still win.

That all depends on whether the liberal base can get its **** together and actually unite behind one candidate. IMO that will be THE deciding factor in 2020.

And the Russians know it.

I'm curious how these findings square with the fact that his national approval among registered and likely voters has remained almost entirely stable since May.

View attachment 67223754

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/voters/

Perhaps my eyes aren't up to snuff today, but it looks like if someone drew lines of best fit on that graph, you'd see a steady decline in approval and steady increase in disapproval, rather than stability. Odd that the projection seems to be the reverse of that.

Last edited:
I'm curious how these findings square with the fact that his national approval among registered and likely voters has remained almost entirely stable since May.

View attachment 67223754

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/voters/

Trump's numbers have bounced around a bit, which is normal, but they seem to be remaining around the high 30s in favor, mid 50s against.

His biggest political risk is the number of people within his base who have shifted from "strongly approve" to "somewhat approve". Which means that the MAGA energy is fading a bit.

The unavoidable conclusions that Trump is divisive, corrosive, and a demagogue has affected Trumps approval ratings in every state of the union.

So the impeachment program is working then.....

See this is the problem with blaming Trump for his falling ratings, we see every day the ELite CLass working to drive just that.....what was it I saw.... just 5% of the product from the so called journalists can be said to be supportive of our President....something like that.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 43% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance.

Trump was elected to blow up Washington, the Republican party, and the Democratic party. And you wonder why he has low approval numbers?

No. Trump was elected to repeal/replace Obamacare, create 25 million new American jobs, build a wall, and reform the US tax code.

Trump has accomplished none of the above, and Puerto Rico still doesn't have electricity.

Edit: almost forgot ... increase the US economic growth by 5-6% each year. Lol

Perhaps my eyes aren't up to snuff today, but it looks like if someone drew lines of best fit on that graph, you'd see a steady decline in approval and steady increase in disapproval, rather than stability. Odd that the projection seems to be the reverse of that.

It seems like the last permanent, precipitous drop happened right after the Comey firing. At that point, people appear to have thoroughly made up their minds about him trump. Since then, roughly 4% of the population are jumping around based on whatever they hear in the news that day. If Trump sets a crowded school bus on fire trump immediately loses four points. If trump goes for a full two-three days after that doing nothing remarkable, he gains those four points back again. These aren't especially reliable voters to communicate to, in my humble opinion. They exist entirely in the moment and seem unable to take larger historical narratives into consideration.

As for the estimated trajectory, Nate Silver explained that once but I didn't fully comprehend the answer. Dumb guy's interpretation of his answer: all polls average out when historical polling is taken into account.

No. Trump was elected to repeal/replace Obamacare, create 25 million new American jobs, build a wall, and reform the US tax code.

Trump has accomplished none of the above, and Puerto Rico still doesn't have electricity.

Didn't realize Trump was elected to get the electricity on in Puerto Rico. Funny though how Trump was praised for the hurricane relief in the Texas area and Florida and yet when a little tiny island in the middle of the Ocean gets hit hard and the very same people are in charge of FEMA, all of a sudden Trump is a moron. The left lay in wait to pounce on Trump for every little thing they can pounce on him for, including conspiracy theories about golden showers in Russia.

Didn't realize Trump was elected to get the electricity on in Puerto Rico.

Apparently, Trump was elected to do nothing but golf. That's the most he's accomplished in 10 months.

Apparently, Trump was elected to do nothing but golf. That's the most he's accomplished in 10 months.

Please list all of the things you would like him to accomplish that aren't lefty liberal crap.

SheWolf said:
It seems like he just wants to roll back everything Obama did. He can't get anything done himself.
That's why he was elected.
According to Trump himself, he said he would bring back coal and manufacturing jobs. So far, he hasn't enacted any policies that will do either. Yes, he has gutted environmental regulations but even industry experts agree that those are not a drag on coal employment -- technology is. He also said he was going to 'build a wall on the southern border and Mexico was going to pay for it.' Neither has happened.

These are some of #45's "Day One" promises:

• Propose a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress. No mention of it.
  • A requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated. No mention of it.
  • A five-year ban on White House and congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service. There’s no indication of such a ban.
  • A lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government. There’s no indication that Trump has issued such a ban.
  • A complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections. HaHaHa!!!
  • I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately. No indication that anything occurred with this.
  • I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal. This is one of vaguest of the pledges. Trump has not publicly announced any changes.
  • Cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure. Didn't happen.
  • Cancel all federal funding to sanctuary cities. Didn't happen.

I'm still waiting for the health plan that he said that they already wrote and were just waiting for Tom Price to get confirmed to release.

I also don't think that people voted for Trump to take away millions of Americans' health care; make their air and water dirtier and give tax-cuts to the rich.

LOL, he is headed in the right direction on Jobs but don't ever let actual data and facts get in the way of your anti Trump tirades and hatred

Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey
Original Data Value

Series Id: LNS12000000
Seasonally Adjusted
Series title: (Seas) Employment Level
Labor force status: Employed
Type of data: Number in thousands
Years: 2007 to 2017

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2007 146028 146057 146320 145586 145903 146063 145905 145682 146244 145946 146595 146273
2008 146378 146156 146086 146132 145908 145737 145532 145203 145076 144802 144100 143369
2009 142152 141640 140707 140656 140248 140009 139901 139492 138818 138432 138659 138013
2010 138438 138581 138751 139297 139241 139141 139179 139438 139396 139119 139044 139301
2011 139250 139394 139639 139586 139624 139384 139524 139942 140183 140368 140826 140902
2012 141584 141858 142036 141899 142206 142391 142292 142291 143044 143431 143333 143330
2013 143225 143315 143319 143603 143856 144006 144318 144304 144466 143577 144536 144741
2014 145055 145102 145715 145673 145819 146222 146461 146501 146845 147426 147361 147521
2015 148061 148108 148244 148522 148792 148742 148890 149092 148932 149255 149419 150030
2016 150533 151043 151301 151028 151058 151090 151546 151655 151926 151902 152048 152111
2017 152081 152528 153000 153156 152923 153168 153513 153439 154345

only 2.4 million more Americans working this September vs. Last September and every month this year is better than last year. When you make wild ass statements and spout what the left tells you, you are going to lose all credibility. BLS provides the data that is important. Also in BLS is 700,000 fewer people working part time for economic reasons this September vs. last year. All employment numbers today are better than Obama's including African American unemployment numbers

GDP growth Trump's first qtr 3.1%, keep demonizing him and keep losing elections

According to Trump himself, he said he would bring back coal and manufacturing jobs. So far, he hasn't enacted any policies that will do either. Yes, he has gutted environmental regulations but even industry experts agree that those are not a drag on coal employment -- technology is. He also said he was going to 'build a wall on the southern border and Mexico was going to pay for it.' Neither has happened.

These are some of #45's "Day One" promises:

• Propose a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress. No mention of it.
  • A requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated. No mention of it.
  • A five-year ban on White House and congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service. There’s no indication of such a ban.
  • A lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government. There’s no indication that Trump has issued such a ban.
  • A complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections. HaHaHa!!!
  • I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately. No indication that anything occurred with this.
  • I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal. This is one of vaguest of the pledges. Trump has not publicly announced any changes.
  • Cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure. Didn't happen.
  • Cancel all federal funding to sanctuary cities. Didn't happen.

I'm still waiting for the health plan that he said that they already wrote and were just waiting for Tom Price to get confirmed to release.

I also don't think that people voted for Trump to take away millions of Americans' health care; make their air and water dirtier and give tax-cuts to the rich.

I am not going to cheer against Trump making healthcare better for Americans. I hope he could and would, but I have my doubts. I wish he would worry about something that really mattered instead of trying to figure out how to make football players stand for the anthem.

Didn't realize Trump was elected to get the electricity on in Puerto Rico. Funny though how Trump was praised for the hurricane relief in the Texas area and Florida and yet when a little tiny island in the middle of the Ocean gets hit hard and the very same people are in charge of FEMA, all of a sudden Trump is a moron. The left lay in wait to pounce on Trump for every little thing they can pounce on him for, including conspiracy theories about golden showers in Russia.

No, Trump is not a moron because of Puerto Rico. Oddly, there are many smart people with the moronic side of racism, but generally most are morons.

No one is concerned about golden showers, we are much more concerned about collusion, conspiracy, emoluments and to what extent Trump*s net worth exists because of Russia.

Moderate Right said:
No, Trump is not a moron because of Puerto Rico. Oddly, there are many smart people with the moronic side of racism, but generally most are morons.

No one is concerned about golden showers, we are much more concerned about collusion, conspiracy, emoluments and to what extent Trump*s net worth exists because of Russia.
Presidents are elected with the expectation that they will govern. Providing adequate disaster relief is part of governing and what people expect. Remember, Trump ran boasting about his ability to manage.

I am concerned that we really do have the Siberian Candidate in the WH. Decimating the State Dept. of experts and undermining Tillerson is exactly what Putin paid for when he interfered with the 2016 election.

I can't give much credibility to this poll because they give no information on methodology or demographics. What is particularly telling is that Morning Consult DOES give a minimal explanation of methodology for other polls such as this governor poll.

https://morningconsult.com/2017/07/18/governor-approval-rankings-q2-2017-methodology/

Add to that the fact that this is an "online survey" and I have to judge this...REJECTED.

I can't give much credibility to this poll because they give no information on methodology or demographics. What is particularly telling is that Morning Consult DOES give a minimal explanation of methodology for other polls such as this governor poll.

https://morningconsult.com/2017/07/18/governor-approval-rankings-q2-2017-methodology/

Add to that the fact that this is an "online survey" and I have to judge this...REJECTED.

Gee, a capitalized/bold/red REJECTED from Mycroft. That changes everything! :lamo

Back
Top Bottom