• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll: Should BLM Be Stopped Before They Start A Full-Blown Race War?

Should BLM be stopped before they start a full-blown race war?

• Total voters
“As a race realist, I believe that race is an important biological category of humans, that the various races differ in innate characteristics necessary to civilization, and that these are intelligence, obedience to the law, and monogamy. These differences have evolved for thousands of years in response to different population pressures. “

Says he isnt a fascist XD dude just come out and say it. Its ok. You dont have to hide it any longer.

A mark of intelligence is the ability to make distinctions. Another indication of intelligence is the ability to argue rationally, without resorting to name calling.

The Latin adverb sic ("thus", "just as"; in full: sic erat scriptum, "thus was it written")[1] inserted after a quoted word or passage indicates that the quoted matter has been transcribed or translated exactly as found in the source text, complete with any erroneous, archaic, or otherwise nonstandard spelling or punctuation. It also applies to any surprising assertion, faulty reasoning, or other matter that might be likely interpreted as an error of transcription.

The typical usage is to inform the reader that any errors or apparent errors in quoted material do not arise from errors in the course of the transcription, but are intentionally reproduced, exactly as they appear in the source text. It is generally placed inside square brackets to indicate that it is not part of the quoted matter.

Sic may also be inserted derisively, to call attention to the original writer's spelling mistakes or erroneous logic, or to show general disapproval or dislike of the material.[2]
Sic - Wikipedia

--------

Commentary, September 2005, "The Inequality Taboo," by Charles Murray

There is no technical dispute on some of the core issues. In the aftermath of The Bell Curve, the American Psychological Association established a task force on intelligence whose report was published in early 1996. The task force reached the same conclusions as The Bell Curve on the size and meaningfulness of the black-white difference. Historically, it has been about one standard deviation in magnitude among subjects who have reached adolescence*; cultural bias in IQ tests does not explain the difference; and the tests are about equally predictive of educational, social, and economic outcomes for blacks and whites. However controversial such assertions may still be in the eyes of the mainstream media, they ate not controversial within the scientific community.

http://www.iapsych.com/wj3ewok/LinkedDocuments/Murray2005.pdf

What are you gish galloping about now? Gish gallop - Wikipedia

A mark of intelligence is the ability to make distinctions. Another indication of intelligence is the ability to argue rationally, without resorting to name calling.

Says the guy who posts racist memes. Hypocrite much? You also dont have the faintest clue how affirmative action works.

“However controversial such assertions may still be in the eyes of the mainstream media, they ate not controversial within the scientific community.“

What was that about dismissing an argument based on spelling errors? Hypocrite much?
Damnit lost my post ill need to start copying a post after a certain length. Anyway, while still neglecting to mention cultural biases are not the only thing Murray leaves out, the fact that he doesnt understand what heritability means and leaves out a whole bunch of other factors that explain such a difference should give one pause but it wouldnt if you are a white nationalist grasping at straws.

The thing about mathematical proofs is it doesnt replace empirical findings and they can still work out mathematically but still come to the wrong conclusion if you leave out inconvenient data which Murray does. The article doesnt mentoon that Murray not only gets funding from quack organizations to push their dogma, he cites quack organizations like the pioneer fund and non accredited jouurnals like mankind quarterly. The issue is the explanation behind those differences.

“However controversial such assertions may still be in the eyes of the mainstream media, they ate not controversial within the scientific community.“

What was that about dismissing an argument based on spelling errors? Hypocrite much?
Damnit lost my post ill need to start copying a post after a certain length. Anyway, while still neglecting to mention cultural biases are not the only thing Murray leaves out, the fact that he doesnt understand what heritability means and leaves out a whole bunch of other factors that explain such a difference should give one pause but it wouldnt if you are a white nationalist grasping at straws.

The thing about mathematical proofs is it doesnt replace empirical findings and they can still work out mathematically but still come to the wrong conclusion if you leave out inconvenient data which Murray does. The article doesnt mentoon that Murray not only gets funding from quack organizations to push their dogma, he cites quack organizations like the pioneer fund and non accredited jouurnals like mankind quarterly. The issue is the explanation behind those differences.

One reason why Murray is such a quack is he uses an ounce of uncontroversial truth like there being a discrepancy in scores among races to advance a whole load of pseudoscientific nonsense like race realism. One reason we know race is a social construct is because of the ever changing parameters that defines race depending on the whims of the power majority. Irish and Italian people were not considered to be racially white (before you come up with BS about being culturally white, the irish were considered to be an inbetween race, between the anglo saxon and the african race. The only thing that could be realistically considered a race like homo Australopithecus and homo neanderthalis died out several thousands of years ago.

As to this stupid concern about evolution making a U-turn. The primary people that have been attacking educational standards as well as the implementation of public schools that have raised the standard of education worldwide have been white wingers like Charles Murray, not black people. Who do you think has been pushing the degradation of science education with things like creationism, race realism, climate change denial, bogus economic theories, etc? People that look a lot more like Charles Murray of course :p

What is funny is you SmartCat claims to not be a nazi because he respects jews but neglects to mention racial hierarchies were one of the defining aspects of the nazi ideology.

Last edited:
People do not riot when they feel hopeless. They riot when they feel powerful. By pandering to blacks white liberals, who should know better, are encouraging more black crime and more black ghetto riots. I saw this before during the 1960's. I am a history buff. I cannot remember when in history a lesson from the past was so flagrantly ignored.

Watched the Detroit police chief on the news explaining why Detroit hasn't seen any of the riots and destruction most cities have experienced. Host asked him why or how this is so. Chief simply said we don't back down. When people violate the law they are arrested. What a novel concept. When they give the "protesters" freedom to violate the law, they'll be back the next day to violate the law again and to a greater extent.

As to this stupid concern about evolution making a U-turn. The primary people that have been attacking educational standards as well as the implementation of public schools that have raised the standard of education worldwide have been white wingers like Charles Murray, not black people. Who do you think has been pushing the degradation of science education with things like creationism, race realism, climate change denial, bogus economic theories, etc?..

Always seemed odd that Murray who found that the most intelligent are a certain sect of Jews, followed by east Asians, and then whites, is viewed as a white supremist for saying so. And none of the things above are in the US school system to any extent.

Always seemed odd that Murray who found that the most intelligent are a certain sect of Jews, followed by east Asians, and then whites, is viewed as a white supremist for saying so. And none of the things above are in the US school system to any extent.

He is viewed as a white supremacist because he pines for the good ol days of white America. White nationalists/ supremacists usually try to hide their ideology by using others as a shield. Coming Apart by Charles Murray

Also i was talking about pushing for the degradation of educational standards.

Watched the Detroit police chief on the news explaining why Detroit hasn't seen any of the riots and destruction most cities have experienced. Host asked him why or how this is so. Chief simply said we don't back down. When people violate the law they are arrested. What a novel concept. When they give the "protesters" freedom to violate the law, they'll be back the next day to violate the law again and to a greater extent.

Lol. Hes spouting a lot more useless conspiracy theories.

Lol. Hes spouting a lot more useless conspiracy theories.

In contrast to Detroit, in Minneapolis-

Screen-Shot-2020-08-01-at-3.02.25-PM.png

What do you think was the ideological underpinning of jim crow, segregation, and white supremacy? Keep in mind Murray draws from the exact same ideological and “scientific” explanations that underpinned the system of white supremacy. Smartcat complains about white liberals supposedly giving black people ideas because he has said explicitly that black people cannot create things on their own so such explanations make perfect sense to him. He neglects to say that Murray comes from a long line of old white dudes that have told black people for ages to know their natural genetically determined place and if black people dare argue, he gets upset and cries a lot.

What are you gish galloping about now? Gish gallop - Wikipedia

The Gish gallop is a technique used during debating that focuses on overwhelming an opponent with as many arguments as possible, without regard for accuracy or strength of the arguments. The term was coined by Eugenie Scott and named after the creationist Duane Gish, who used the technique frequently against proponents of evolution

How are my arguments inaccurate?

Says the guy who posts racist memes. Hypocrite much? You also dont have the faintest clue how affirmative action works.

Affirmative action works by lowering standards for blacks. In my first job as a computer programmer my computer shop hired a black programmer. It quickly became obvious that he could not do his job, he did not try, and he did not care. The first month he was with us he took a day off to participate in a golf tournament. Sometimes he would leave early in the afternoon, explaining that he needed to fill his car's gasoline tank. He would be gone for the rest of the day. During business meetings he would be listening to sports events, using a portable radio and an ear phone.

When I learned that the black programmer was earning twice what I was I discussed the matter with our boss. Our boss told me, "When I got my position as the manager of this computer shop I was told that I would be evaluated by my ability to attract and keep black employees. I was also told that I was supposed to expect less from them."

He is viewed as a white supremacist because he pines for the good ol days of white America. White nationalists/ supremacists usually try to hide their ideology by using others as a shield. Coming Apart by Charles Murray

Once I watched Charles Murray on television. He said that he was at Harvard before affirmative action. Whenever he saw a black student he thought that the student had to be more intelligent than he was to overcome racial advantages. He added that he does not feel that way any more.

Ad hominem (Latin for 'to the person'), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a term that refers to several types of arguments, most of which are fallacious. Typically this term refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself. This avoids genuine debate by creating a diversion to some irrelevant but often highly charged issue. The most common form of this fallacy is "A makes a claim x, B asserts that A holds a property that is unwelcome, and hence B concludes that argument x is wrong".
Ad hominem - Wikipedia

Affirmative action works by lowering standards for blacks. In my first job as a computer programmer my computer shop hired a black programmer. It quickly became obvious that he could not do his job, he did not try, and he did not care. The first month he was with us he took a day off to participate in a golf tournament. Sometimes he would leave early in the afternoon, explaining that he needed to fill his car's gasoline tank. He would be gone for the rest of the day. During business meetings he would be listening to sports events, using a portable radio and an ear phone.

When I learned that the black programmer was earning twice what I was I discussed the matter with our boss. Our boss told me, "When I got my position as the manager of this computer shop I was told that I would be evaluated by my ability to attract and keep black employees. I was also told that I was supposed to expect less from them."

Nope. Affirmative action requires equal qualifications. Again personal anecdotes are not evidence. Affirmative action - Wikipedia

If you cant argue outside unverifiable anecdotes, thats a real mark of an unintelligent person :p

Ad hominem (Latin for 'to the person'), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a term that refers to several types of arguments, most of which are fallacious. Typically this term refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself. This avoids genuine debate by creating a diversion to some irrelevant but often highly charged issue. The most common form of this fallacy is "A makes a claim x, B asserts that A holds a property that is unwelcome, and hence B concludes that argument x is wrong".
Ad hominem - Wikipedia

An ad hominem fallacy says he is wrong because of his leanings. I gave the reasons why he is viewed as such. More red herrings for ya?
Red herring - Wikipedia
Also for race realists to have any clout they will need to stop whining about muh bias in peer review and grow up out of self publication :p

Once I watched Charles Murray on television. He said that he was at Harvard before affirmative action. Whenever he saw a black student he thought that the student had to be more intelligent than he was to overcome racial advantages. He added that he does not feel that way any more.

Overcome racial advantages whut? None of this negates the bull**** that he wrote which promotes dead pseudoscience of eugenics, misunderstands heritability, and in his attempt to rebut critics, he specifically says he leaves out other variables because it would be too hard when better educated individuals have modeled those variables.
Again anecdotes are not evidence.

This Poll goes with a thread in General Politics -- five minutes was not enough time to post the poll after the thread was started.

Here is the link to that General Politics thread: 1980's Liberal Activist Issues Dire Warning That BLM Is Fanning A Race War!

Too bad I'm late to this poster party. I just noticed you are already 25 pages into it.
None of the choices make for good answers.
The BLM movement cannot be stopped. You can't stop a peaceful protest - if, in fact, it really is peaceful.
And there will be no race war. Are you suggesting 13 percent of the population going to war against 87 percent of the population?

Too bad I'm late to this poster party. I just noticed you are already 25 pages into it.
None of the choices make for good answers.
The BLM movement cannot be stopped. You can't stop a peaceful protest - if, in fact, it really is peaceful.
And there will be no race war. Are you suggesting 13 percent of the population going to war against 87 percent of the population?

Eh this deserves credit :)

Nope. Affirmative action requires equal qualifications. Again personal anecdotes are not evidence. Affirmative action - Wikipedia

If you cant argue outside unverifiable anecdotes, thats a real mark of an unintelligent person :p

Bomber,
You posted a good one: "Affirmative action requires equal qualifications."

Tell that to the Asians who present high SAT scores to get into colleges of their choice only to lose out to a person of color with lower scores. That is called unequal qualifications. That is not anecdotal. That is documented.

Read the definition of Affirmative Action:
Affirmative action originally referred to a set of policies and practices preventing discrimination based on race, creed, color and national origins. It now often refers to policies positively supporting members of disadvantaged or underrepresented groups that have previously suffered discrimination in areas such as education, employment and housing.[1][2][3][4] Historically and internationally, support for affirmative action has sought to achieve goals such as bridging inequalities in employment and pay, increasing access to education, promoting diversity, and redressing apparent past wrongs, harms, or hindrances.

People do not riot when they feel hopeless. They riot when they feel powerful. By pandering to blacks white liberals, who should know better, are encouraging more black crime and more black ghetto riots. I saw this before during the 1960's. I am a history buff. I cannot remember when in history a lesson from the past was so flagrantly ignored.

SmartCat,
I was at SF State College in the 60s when the black students rioted to get more black studies and more black professors.
Sure they felt more powerful. They were a dangerous mob who knew they could shut down the entire school and bring that part of the city to its knees. That's what terrorist organizations do. They threaten to riot and then force administrations to meet their demands or else they burn down cities and loot stores.

Back
Top Bottom