• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pence, Pompeo negotiate ceasefire

Because Trump won
My guess is this whole thing is about Trump and the amount of money he makes from Turkey and Russia.
U.S. blood and treasure isn't being spent waging an objectiveless conflict.
It already wasn't. You just stated something which had already been the case.

Try again.
If it gets us completely out of the mess in Syria for no more than a few billion (more) in humanitarian aid then it was a good deal.
1) We're still in Syria
2) We just sent thousands of soldiers to Saudia Arabia in their conflict with Iranian backed forces (thus undermining the narrative we're getting out of Middle East conflicts).
3) We could have gotten out of Syria without these negotiations.

This agreement changed nothing for us for the better.

If we remain with our military in Syria playing policeman for a decade (or more) then it was a completely bad idea.
Whether we do or not will be completely independent of this.

In no way is this a "good" deal for America, nor can it ever be since America quite literally received NOTHING in agreeing to demands made by an inferior country.

You'll have to see if Trump and Co have a plan for that.

So the US is going to maintain a presence in Syria, but not militarily.

Man! You people are really pissed off that there wasn't a war and there aren't going to be any flag draped coffins to scream about and blame on Trump. Truly amazing.

Man! You people are really pissed off that there wasn't a war and there aren't going to be any flag draped coffins to scream about and blame on Trump. Truly amazing.
You're the only person talking about a war. The rest of us are engaged in adult conversations.

The United States was not in a war, nor was there a remote threat of us being in a war, with Turkey.

Yeah, I'm not sure humanitarian aid is just a few billion thing anymore. Plus there's no time line on how long we're going to be involved in the area. Probably long enough that the next guy in office is going to start up military operations there again.

There never was a timeline - see Afghanistan.

Right! Orange man, bad...lol!

Is your country going to do anything? At all?

Ah, I think you are confusing posters. But Trumpettes appear to spend most of their time confused or oblivious. Nothing new to see.

Or are you finally admitting that you are posting from the IRA?

I'm not pissed there "isn't a war". You just said we weren't going to be spending American treasure, and I corrected you for being wrong. That's all.

You totally misread the piece:

Lmao. So, Turkey is giving the Kurds 5 days to destroy their fortifications and retreat 20 miles to the South. And somehow you think giving Turkey everything they want and selling the Kurds further down the river is some kind of achievement.

My guess is this whole thing is about Trump and the amount of money he makes from Turkey and Russia.
It already wasn't. You just stated something which had already been the case.

Try again.

1) We're still in Syria
2) We just sent thousands of soldiers to Saudia Arabia in their conflict with Iranian backed forces (thus undermining the narrative we're getting out of Middle East conflicts).
3) We could have gotten out of Syria without these negotiations.

This agreement changed nothing for us for the better.

Whether we do or not will be completely independent of this.

In no way is this a "good" deal for America, nor can it ever be since America quite literally received NOTHING in agreeing to demands made by an inferior country.

U.S troops were in northern Syria for free? Was someone else picking up the tab?

Y9u didn't know that U.S. troops have been killed in Syria?

Pentagon Identifies U.S. Soldier Killed in Syria as 36-Year-Old Texas Resident

Truly disgusting!

Lmao. So, Turkey is giving the Kurds 5 days to destroy their fortifications and retreat 20 miles to the South. And somehow you think giving Turkey everything they want and selling the Kurds further down the river is some kind of achievement.

Why are we not surprised that you all are disappointed that there won't be a genocide, nor a war? :lamo

Ah, I think you are confusing posters. But Trumpettes appear to spend most of their time confused or oblivious. Nothing new to see.

Or are you finally admitting that you are posting from the IRA?

Is your coumtry getting involved?

Why are we not surprised that you all are disappointed that there won't be a genocide, nor a war? :lamo

Why am I not surprised that you don’t know what you’re talking about? Or that you seem to think that forcing the Kurds to retreat and gifting Turkey a 20 mile buffer zone in exchange for nothing is excellent diplomacy on the part of the rube we have for a VP.

U.S troops were in northern Syria for free? Was someone else picking up the tab?

Y9u didn't know that U.S. troops have been killed in Syria?
US Soldiers were not in danger from Turkey. Why are you making up these ridiculous lies?

Truly disgusting!
You are blatantly posting lies to defend Trump betraying allies who HELPED AMERICAN SOLDIERS because of reasons that can only be ascribed to blatant partisanship.

THAT is truly disgusting.

I'm not sure how this is a good thing. Trump cleaning up his own mess, I mean. However, now the Turks are saying this is NOT A ceasefire.

Jesus christ this administration cannot do foreign policy.

Is your coumtry getting involved?

Apparently my country is getting uninvolved thanks to our braindead, sold out to Putin Orange Wild Man President. I suspect YOUR country is getting more involved.

I'm not sure how this is a good thing.
It's not. It makes America look like a joke and tells American allies they cannot trust in us.

Trump cleaning up his own mess, I mean.
The mess isn't clean. The Kurds were not participants in these negotiations. Turkey delivered an ultimatum that America accepted, which provided no benefit to America and makes us look like a joke.

However, now the Turks are saying this is NOT A ceasefire.

And yet, Trump still has towers in Istanbul...

Why am I not surprised that you don’t know what you’re talking about? Or that you seem to think that forcing the Kurds to retreat and gifting Turkey a 20 mile buffer zone in exchange for nothing is excellent diplomacy on the part of the rube we have for a VP.

Trump, bad. Right? :lamo

I'm not sure how this is a good thing. Trump cleaning up his own mess, I mean. However, now the Turks are saying this is NOT A ceasefire.

Of course they are. Nobody has any respect for us any longer. They don't even wait half a news cycle to contradict us. MAGA!

Apparently my country is getting uninvolved thanks to our braindead, sold out to Putin Orange Wild Man President. I suspect YOUR country is getting more involved.

Your country should step to the plate. Is it?

Of course they are. Nobody has any respect for us any longer. They don't even wait half a news cycle to contradict us. MAGA!

Da das ist mein Teil....

Your country should step to the plate. Is it?

My country stepped to the plate. Our dear leader Trumpkin decided to forfeit the game to his boss Putin.

Kurds contesting the agreement as described by Pence. What a shocker that is.

According to Kurds, they did not agree to give up the amount of territory in the agreement and they do not agree that they must disarm across that amount of territory.

Good luck with this even lasting 5 days.

Back
Top Bottom